/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bullying

soulsociety
07-16-2006, 08:34 PM
:sl:

This one kid said to me another kid is bullying him, saying he is dum and swears at him.

I asked the brother in charge what do you do when a kid says that to you, that he is being bullied. He is a qualified teacher and yet he doesn't know.

This is not in school btw, this is at the masjid.

What do I do? Do I go up to the bully and say "stop picking on him or I will smash your face in"?

Because this is not in school, it's difficult.

I'm thinking of writing a letter to his parents?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahraxx
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
firstly it depends how old you all are i also think that talking to the bully not fighting may help so you can understand why hes doing this

mysterious
07-16-2006, 08:37 PM
maybe sit down with the kid n talk with him? if you go to his parents wont he get mad n make things worse for the kid being bullied?

Fishman
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

This one kid said to me another kid is bullying him, saying he is dum and swears at him.

I asked the brother in charge what do you do when a kid says that to you, that he is being bullied. He is a qualified teacher and yet he doesn't know.

What do I do? Do I go up to the bully and say "stop picking on him or I will smash your face in"?

You should make friends with the person who is being bullied if you can.

I don't really have much advice, since I've never been bullied by another Muslim before (there was this one person, but he didn't know I was a Muslim then).
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
soulsociety
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm one of the adults helping out. These kids are ages 8-12.

GARY
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
beat up his dad

(joke)

Sahraxx
07-16-2006, 08:46 PM
i think you should definately talk to the bully, or be a mediator between the bully and the victim so you can see wats the root of the problem, i think talking to the parents should be a last resort but definately something to think about x

Fishman
07-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Tell the bully that you saw what he was doing, and tell him that it isn't Islamic behaviour.

aamirsaab
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM

Find out what is going on, then tell the kid's (victim) dad that he is being bullied and see if you can try keeping the two apart.

chacha_jalebi
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
awww lol its heavy dealin wit kiddies :D

now now

some ppl deserved 2 b bullied :p lol dat sounds controversial but its tru:p cos dey lik annoyin n stuff & den dey get bullied lol, ya get moi :D but it sud stop afta dey giv up der annoyin tins,

u sed he picks on d kiddy 4 no reason, well dat isnt kool. as a adult, u sud talk 2 d kid & giv him islamic reasons i.e - RasoolAllah (saw) sed treat others how u wan b treated, and on the day of judgement, the ones who were respected bcosh ppl feared them will be punished proply by Allah (swt).. jus talk him out of it, if it continues den tell d parents, dnt hit d kiddies lol cos hittin kiddies is rong :D

all the best :D:D:D:D

Fishman
07-16-2006, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
awww lol its heavy dealin wit kiddies :D

now now

some ppl deserved 2 b bullied :p lol dat sounds controversial but its tru:p cos dey lik annoyin n stuff & den dey get bullied lol, ya get moi :D but it sud stop afta dey giv up der annoyin tins,
all the best :D:D:D:D
No one deserves to be bullied. I know someone who constantly picks on people, calls their relatives and is really racist. I think all of these things are really wrong. Do I bully him? No, of course not. I try to help him, and stop him from doing all these things, because I know that he is actually a really intelligent boy who is going through a very hard time, because he is constantly bullied himself (I'm his only friend) and because his family give him a hard time at home.

chacha_jalebi
07-16-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
No one deserves to be bullied. I know someone who constantly picks on people, calls their relatives and is really racist. I think all of these things are really wrong. Do I bully him? No, of course not. I try to help him, and stop him from doing all these things, because I know that he is actually a really intelligent boy who is going through a very hard time, because he is constantly bullied himself (I'm his only friend) and because his family give him a hard time at home.
ya gud on ya 4 helpin him & keep helpin him, obviosly he dnt deserved 2 b bullied, cos he aint dun nothin stoopid, so d ppl dat r bein bullied sud b beaten up, y dnt u make a lil crew & hide sum rocks or crowbars in ur bag :p lol i can giv u a detailed plan if u want :D:D but u sud sort em out, cos constant bullyin is not on!!!!!!:heated:

Samee
07-16-2006, 11:43 PM

Why can't you just tell him to stop? Don't threaten him, but scare him in a way.

mujahedeen2087
07-16-2006, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

go beat him up teach him a lesson

muslim_friend
07-17-2006, 02:43 AM

Give him a yellow card.. if he doesn't stop, give him a red card. :hiding:

To be serious.. I dunno anything about raising kids, best thing to do is to tell the the kids' parents.. coz 12 year olds are still little kids and it's not right to deal with them harshly, however that could be the last resort if you wish. :rollseyes

wsalam.

duke
07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
aye.tell the kid to be wiser by avoiding any physical contact with the bullies. if it happens for the second time, find the bullies' parents and talk to them to raise their children properly and keep them under solid control. if it happens for the third time, just call the police. of course the sheriff won't jump across the pond and punch them in the nose, but it will shut them for good.

soulsociety
07-17-2006, 10:10 PM

Jazakallah for your advice.

I think I'll say to the bully that I saw him picking on the kid and tell him that it's not right and he should stop, or I'll tell his parents.

searcheroftruth
07-18-2006, 12:59 AM
the kid thats getting bullied should fight back he should not be scared because the bullie is always a caward picks on people he is bigger than its always good to remmber david and that big guy he took out with a stone he may be bigger but he's still human and he feels pain fight back and trust me he will leave you alone

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.