/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shoes upside down

Sis786
07-17-2006, 03:07 PM
:sl:

This may be a werid question but over the weekend i kept shouting at my niece as she left her sandals upside down meanting the sole faced upwards and she is only 4 but she truned around and said why must i turn them around and i realised i didnt know the answer! ...

Has it got anything to do with Islam..or am i just paranoid im sure someone looong time ago said it was against islam...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I throw shoes everywhere so I wouldn't know.

muslim_friend
07-17-2006, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786

This may be a werid question but over the weekend i kept shouting at my niece as she left her sandals upside down meanting the sole faced upwards and she is only 4 but she truned around and said why must i turn them around and i realised i didnt know the answer! ...

Has it got anything to do with Islam..or am i just paranoid im sure someone looong time ago said it was against islam...

:w:
Lol. come on sis.. she jus' 4 years old. i got a bratty lil' sister who throws her shoes all over the place.. and all the time. +o(

If the shoes are clean, then i suppose it's alright to keep them anyway she likes. Let's not forget that the Prophet(saws) sometimes prayed while he was wearing his shoes. :ooh: ..Just my thoughts.

wsalam.

Sis786
07-17-2006, 03:57 PM
You failing to understand what im saying... Its not about the shoes being dirty its about having the soles of your shoes facing upwards...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
07-17-2006, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
I throw shoes everywhere so I wouldn't know.
LOL same here

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2006, 04:07 PM
ive never heard of it sis but Allahu Allam!

its nice to be neat n clean and if thats a way of being neat then nothing wrong with it. Hek i might tell my nieces and nephews to start doin that just for fun :Evil:

PS: Like that donkey wasnt bad enough wats wiv the fat hippo? Whys he smacking himself? why's he pointing at me? Wats he gesturing?WAT THE?

Sis786
07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ive never heard of it sis but Allahu Allam!

its nice to be neat n clean and if thats a way of being neat then nothing wrong with it. Hek i might tell my nieces and nephews to start doin that just for fun :Evil:

Hmm thanks zAk i swear sometimes these paki people make you think certain things are to do with Islam, apprantly this is something that the Sikhs believe man i need to make it up to my niece i think i might need to buy that £75.00 pink bumping castle :offended:

PS: Like that donkey wasnt bad enough wats wiv the fat hippo? Whys he smacking himself? why's he pointing at me? Wats he gesturing?WAT THE?
Whats wrong with the Donkey and the HIPPO is smaking my page GOD WHAT IS UP WITH YOU....anyway i thought u liked Hippos

Hijaabi22
07-17-2006, 05:53 PM
hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa broooooooooooo u got me laffin man!!!

Yh sis i heard that u aint meant to have soles facin upwards 2 but whyyyyyy? i dont get it :rollseyes

Dahir
07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
If the little brat does it again, cut the shoe in small pieces, and make her digest it!:X

Hijaabi22
07-17-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
If the little brat does it again, cut the shoe in small pieces, and make her digest it!:X
:rollseyes lol she gna kill ya 4 sayin dat hahahahahahahaha

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Hmm thanks zAk

i think you quoted the wrong person :rollseyes

chacha_jalebi
07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
i remem i used 2 put em upside down & my aunty sed u sudnt cos its lik d shoes bottoms r facin upwards 2 Allah (swt)!

lol but ders no hadiths about it :D but its only a kiddy lol

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2006, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i remem i used 2 put em upside down & my aunty sed u sudnt cos its lik d shoes bottoms r facin upwards 2 Allah (swt)!

lol but ders no hadiths about it :D but its only a kiddy lol
mashAllah :), thats a beautiful form of respect :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah I remember my mom shout at me a few times regarding this issue but there's nothing that says it is a sunnah of the Prophet or that it is Islamically taught to us. i have also heard about the facing the feet towards the Qa'bah direction is wrong but I guess its all things that you are reccommended as a respect thing.

Muezzin
07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh no, I placed my shoes upside down, it will bring bad luck to the entire family!

...when they trip over them! :p

As zAk's link shows, such superstitions have no place in Islam.

Dahir
07-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh no, I placed my shoes upside down, it will bring bad luck to the entire family!
Every "Eastern" nation has at least 300 useless, pointless, baseless superstitions.:D

Muezzin
07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Every "Eastern" nation has at least 300 useless, pointless, baseless superstitions.:D
Dude, every nation has at least that many superstitions.

Like, 'Oh no, I saw a black cat on Friday the 13th while walking under a ladder and stepping on the cracks between the paving stones! AAAARGH!'

The only one that could possibly have a logical basis is walking under a ladder - doing this is unwise as it could fall on top of you. The rest are just silly though.

Dahir
07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Like, 'Oh no, I saw a black cat on Friday the 13th while walking under a ladder and stepping on the cracks between the paving stones! AAAARGH!'
So Black cats aren't sinister and the number 13 isn't evil? Gee Wiz, boy, I ought to tell the entire town of Mapleberryville, Kansas!:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
in america they dnt even have a 13th floor in the buildings because of bad luck

Sis786
07-18-2006, 08:08 AM
;D My lil niece loves her sis and she has grown 3 lazer sharp teeth NO THANKS huh!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!