/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Report from Sweden regarding Lebanon

Anette
07-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Salam,

I can't stop thinking about all the people who is in the middle of a nightmare down in Lebanon. I am sending them all my thoughts.

I know that many feeling a kind of hopelessness regarding the world’s reaction on these attacks. That is why I want to report from my little corner of the world. This time it is really upsetting people in common.

The newspapers today are demanding that EU should protest regarding Israel’s attack. They claim that we have the means to do this. It is mostly a question of money (as usual) - a boycott of Israel, which has EU as their main trading partner. The Swedish foreign minister is very clear regarding our states standpoint and has condemned Israel’s attack and he has also criticized US for not letting a resolution of cease-fire get through in the Security Council.

The common mind in different bloggs and discussion forums is more or less united and demanding that something has to be done regarding Israel’s attacks. The right winged newspaper is leaning back and says not much, the ones that in other questions supporting US. The left winged newspaper is harsh regarding the attacks.

I seams like in our country that it is enough and it seams to be enough in Greece, France and Finland also. Maybe more countries will put their foot down - finally?

My point with this thread? I do not really know maybe I desperate try to maintain my hope of peace in the world.

Peace to your all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-17-2006, 08:48 PM
:sl:

Isreal are the biggest terrorist, it's funny how the world came down on muslims after 9/11 I mean lets just say 9/11 was done by muslims and their intention was jihad didn't the world see it as terrorism all those innocents dead but when isreal bomb airports and kill innocents no response from thje majority, the us go as far as to to side with these terrorists: Note: don't turn this into a debate about 9/11 just making a comparison.

wilberhum
07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
[MAD]lets just say 9/11 was done by muslims [/MAD]
With that you loose all creditability.

Anette
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
I think that many felt it was confusing right there and then when the victims of a horrible attack pointing out some diffuse enemy and naming them "terrorists" and declared war against these "ghosts". When Bush declared a war against terrorism he lost most of the people behind or confused, in this part of the world. When US attacked Iraq even more people protested - but not enough forcing the politicians to protest in any forum for the world politics. But it began being more and more difficult political avoiding this since people in common do not find many differences between the “terrorist” ways and the “saviour’s” not then and not now. People are against “terrorism” in any way it is coming. You cannot blame a part of the world for what some persons, a small group of persons is doing.

But I will say, better late then never to protest. I think it would have been political suicide at this point if our government did not react since the ongoing protests have been rising slowly but strong until the point that it is not even possible that our politicians could do anything else regardless what the consequences will be. It is not priceless to protest. It can be a financially suicide for a tiny country as ours. It is not a belief in “crusades” that has hold our politicians back. Not saying that money is a better motive to defend not doing anything. But with the money it always comes much power both with and against both in the world and within a country.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.