/* */

PDA

View Full Version : post your khutbahs here inshalah!

Helena
07-18-2006, 01:13 PM
:sl:

i think there is a similar thread, a request to the moderators not to merge this thread, as there are new and old members that can share live khutbahs from there local mosque or even live khutbahs from makkah and medinah sharif every friday. It will give and provide clearer understanding of islam thru khutbahs, inshalah we all can benefit! so get starting inshalah

virtues of the day of jumu'ah(friday)

Islam takes special care of the importance of the day of jumu'ah. for instance, Allah the exalted said:

"O you who believe(muslims) when the call is proclaimed for the salat(prayer) on friday(jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah(jumu'ah religious talks(khutbah) and salat(prayer) and leave off business(and every othe things). That is better for you if you did not know!"(69:9)

the messenger of Allah(saw) said:

"Friday is the best day the sun has risen on. In it Allah has created Adam, entered him into paradise and driven him out of it." (trimidhi)

Also on friday:

"There is an hour during which Allah accepts te invocation of those who invoke him."

Furthermore, Anas(RA) narrated:

"(angel) Jibril brought a white mirror that had a mark on it to the prophet(saw). The messenger of Allah(saw) asked, What is this? Jibril said, This is the jumu'ah, you and your ummah were favoured with. People of jews, and christians follow you(their holidays come after friday), and in it you earn all that is good. On friday there is an hour during Allah(swt) will accept the supplication of every slave who invokes Him. It is also yaumul-mazid, among us(angles). The prophet (saw) asked o jibril what is yaumul-mazid(literally the day of more)? jibril replied, Allah has chosen a vast valley(in paradise) that has a hill of musk. When it is friday, Allah sends down whoever he wants of his angels.Around these plateforms there are other platforms made of gold and beatiful by yaqut and zabarjad(precious stones), where the siddiqun(truthful ones) and the martyrs sit behind the prophets on the hill. Allah declares, "I am your lord, i have fulfilled my promise to you, therefore ask me and i will grant you. They say "o lord we ask for your pleasure.' Allah Says i have granted you my pleasure, and you will have whatever you wish. I also have mazid(more, including gazing at his fate). they anticipate the coming of friday in eagerness for what their lord grants them during it of all that is good and righteousness."

Allah saves evry muslim who dies on friday or during its night from the fitnah(trial) of the grave. (trimidhi)

The first sermon of the prophet(SAW), given in Makkah when he called his people to islam:

The prophet(saw) started the speech by praising Allah and thanking him said:

"verily, Ar-raid(one whom his people send to search for water and grass) does not lie to his people. by Allah, even if i lied to all people, i would never lie to you, if i deceived all people, i would never deceive you. By Allah, other than whom there is no deity worthy of worship, i am Allah's messenger to you in particular and to all people in general. By Allah! you will die just as easy as you sleep, and you will be resurrected just as easy you wake up from sleep. you will be recompensed on account of what you do, earning good and evil for evil. Verily, it is either paradise for eternity or the fire for eternity."

some people do not attend jumu'ah prayer otherwise their hearts will be sealed.

The prophet(saw) said: "some people should stop neglecting friday prayers, or Allah will seal their hearts, and they will thus be among the heedless ones."

He(saw) warned:

"Allah will seal the heart of the man, who does not pray three friday prayers out of negligence."

okay..hopefully all of the members participate and share the light of islam thru live khutbahs from the mosques, that both brothers and sisters can benefit from inshalah!

:w: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
yeah thought soo zak...

but we can..all inshalah provide live khutbahs from local mosque inshalah....

i fear this thread gonna be all dry and dead......:offended:

Helena
07-18-2006, 07:12 PM

man am waiting here patiently....and so far no replies....apart frm zak making comment about something...but no praise...

Kittygyal
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
hmm i don't get this but anyway sis ta for the quotes provided above :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
:X If I find the site with Sheikh Shuraim(HA)'s khutbahs.....U kno this whole thread will be bursting with them lolz...Joking...

I can put them in2 arabic, but i can't translate as well....So :confused:

Helena
07-20-2006, 11:37 AM
that wud be helpful for u to add khutbahs in arabic inshalah...that wud be nice sutto bhai......

the thread will be lively inshalah...erm can you also try to add khutbahs from ur local mosque in english inshalah!

Helena
07-21-2006, 09:55 AM
man...its jumu'ah today...and so far no posts...am feeling all......:hmm: :hmm: .....

com on...make a move inshalah.....in this forum there are many brothers and sisters are from diff countries and jumu'ah starts at diff times....start posting khutbahs..am waiting....wanna benefit and learn thru khutbahs inshalah....

rite here in london.....2 hour and half left..for it too start.....

afriend
07-21-2006, 10:01 AM
lol....It's gonna b hard to get the khutbahs from my local mosque....:p

Makky
07-23-2006, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol....It's gonna b hard to get the khutbahs from my local mosque....:p

yes too Hard

afriend
07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Unless u manage to get a copy of the khateeb's papers....and then just type it on here (takes ages!)....But other than that....I suppose...Not too big of a chance....

Helena
07-23-2006, 10:28 PM
dnt understand..y is it soo hard to get khutbah? simply jus listen to the live khutbah..and summarise it in ur own wrds...wot u've learnt.....so we can learn inshalah....:)

BlissfullyJaded
07-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Hmm...if you pay attention to the khutbah, I think you would be able to type up a summary of what the main points were.

I don't go to the masjid.. So I'll shut it now. But I could get the khateeb's papers from him. :p :sister:

Okay okay...here...
All praise be to Allah the magnificent to whom we bow down in submission to. His door of mercy never closes, and He can forgive all and pardons all except those who commit kufr and shirk.

The prophet SAW has taught us to worship Allah alone, and take no other idols or things to uphold along with Allah—we must believe everything is due to Allah’s command.

We say, we are not idol worshippers, but don’t we hold our highest esteem in the various social idols such as paper money, our possessions, and our belongings; we say absolutely “if I don’t educate I won’t make any money.” (Today, I could tell you of many experienced, highly qualified engineers, and accountants, among others who are very jobless.) I will show you many other people who have no education, some cannot even read or talk English but, they have made lots of money. So education isn’t the idol we must hold high, instead it is a tool, just like many other tools (like a vehicle,). Sometimes it works well for you, it helps get you a job, and at other times it never does anything good for you.

People tend to argue that the only way for us to succeed in terms of making money, living a healthy long life, and actually being respected in the community, requires education, exercise, good looks, and host of other things. Why do people say this? Because, this is what they see on an everyday basis—people who have success have money and we are told have an education, those who exercise live long (now I am not saying don’t exercise, no you must, but you must realize that Allah has all power over your life and can take it anytime.) Because it is easy for a person to categorize things into little pieces of logic, it makes it easy for us to generalize. For instance, if one of you were to wear a good suit and walk in here, many people will think you are educated, and you make lots of money; you also must speak very good English, and you must be respectable (even though they never heard you talk, or ever deal with you before.) Another person walks in here with a regular greasy jumpsuit, a blue collar uniform, and we think he must be an uneducated layman, who is quite poor, and actually might be dangerous. Why do we think this way? It is because we like to assemble facts around us and try to make sense out of it—what you around you every day, and what you read, and hear about on the news allows you to make these [illogical] suppositions.
The point is that we don’t place our belief in Allah, we place it in everything else around us. For instance, when I am sick, I might say some plant poisoned me…in reality it is because Allah allowed that to happen as a test for you, and to forgive some of the very many sins we are always committing.

Hence, we must always realize that all power is to Allah; he knows why he is doing what he does. At the same time, this doesn’t mean we must give up, no! When we get sick, we must go to a doctor, for that is how Allah wants the doctor’s Rizq to be fulfilled.

Once we place our trust in the world, we are asking for trouble. The hadith says “fasten your camel, then trust in Allah.” In other words, you are submitting to Allah by making an effort, because allah wants you to work, seek ilm, and do other worldly things (educate to help others and make money, exercise to have a health life, make money for your children etc.)

:)

Helena
08-10-2006, 11:27 AM
shukran for sis sharing this...mashalah.....

was gna post the khutbah from suleman mosque that i attended last week...wallahi if only i cud understood......

Sohrab
08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Another possible way of getting khutbas would be to take a voice recorder to the mosque and put it in your pocket, and sit somewhere near Imam. I think this shouldn't be too hard, considering all new "all in one" type cell phones. I have some recorded but they're all in pashto :(

Helena
08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sohrab
Another possible way of getting khutbas would be to take a voice recorder to the mosque and put it in your pocket, and sit somewhere near Imam. I think this shouldn't be too hard, considering all new "all in one" type cell phones. I have some recorded but they're all in pashto :(
that wud be ideal...yeah my phone wud the job....i jus wanna hear a simple summary of the khutbahs from diff members...the main points inshalah....

ohhhh there in pashto......it dsnt matter bro...shukran for letting me knw...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.