PDA

View Full Version : The Birds Rule My Life

Ameeratul Layl
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
:sl:

I hope you are well.

I have a slight problem.

Bismillah....

I am very fond of plants aswell as animals. I plant flowers and look after them to the best of my ability.
I also look after insects. If I see one in my room, I will either evacuate it with a glass and paper or, I will leave it..but never kill it!
All things, big and small have the right to live!:)

I also look after the big animals that come into the garden too. The squirells hide their food (which they tend to have a difficulty finding at times).
Birds are my main concern.
I will cook rice and leave a small portion to feed the birds. I will always make sure there are 2 slices of bread for the birds too. (Its not my fault...they are so sweet:rollseyes ).

The only problem is, I was told that the excretion drops of birds invites rats.+o( I got rather scared and stopped.

The funny part...

I was cooking (my hobby) some spaghetti (I still remember), and all of a sudden I heard a bang on the conservatory window. I was petrified. I switched the cooker off and made my way to the conservatory door.

What do I see? A bird, wobbling around on the floor. Alhamdullilah, it wasn't dead-it hobbled away.

If I don't feed the birds, they bang the windows or start chirping loudly. I can't win!

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

Wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
07-18-2006, 06:39 PM
No advise at all?
:w:

strider
07-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
If I don't feed the birds, they bang the windows or start chirping loudly. I can't win!

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?
Eract or buy a bird food stand or platform on which you can lay out food, so you feed them and they don't bang the windows or start chirping loudly or hurt themselves in the process, poor things.

May Allah reward you in your efforts in showing kindness to His Creation. :)

Ma'assalama

Ameeratul Layl
07-18-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Eract or buy a bird food stand or platform on which you can lay out food, so you feed them and they don't bang the windows or start chirping loudly or hurt themselves in the process, poor things.

May Allah reward you in your efforts in showing kindness to His Creation. :)

Ma'assalama
But, there will still be the droppings.Right?
I was going to make a stand today, but it was too hot to go outside. Anyone know how much the stands cost?
Ameen to the dua.:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
07-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Assalamu alaikum

But, there will still be the droppings.Right?
I was going to make a stand today, but it was too hot to go outside. Anyone know how much the stands cost?
Ameen to the dua.:)
You can simply wash/brush the droppings down.

My mum loves taking care of birds and such and we've had a bird table in our garden for as long as i can remember where you can lay out the food, the birds come and eat it then fly away or stay or whatever they want to do..

You don't have to buy one, you can always build your own. My dad had some big wide chucks of wood -- two of them which he put into the ground and the one with the largest surface area he laid ontop of the 'two pillers'. Pretty simple and it is really nice to see all the birds eating away contentedly, SubhanAllah.

Ma'assalama

Ameeratul Layl
07-18-2006, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

You can simply wash/brush the droppings down.

My mum loves taking care of birds and such and we've had a bird table in our garden for as long as i can remember where you can lay out the food, the birds come and eat it then fly away or stay or whatever they want to do..

You don't have to buy one, you can always build your own. My dad had some big wide chucks of wood -- two of them which he put into the ground and the one with the largest surface area he laid ontop of the 'two pillers'. Pretty simple and it is really nice to see all the birds eating away contentedly, SubhanAllah.

Ma'assalama
Yes, it is sweet to see the birds eating. Until...the crows come.I feel sorry for the birds.:cry:
Two planks of wood and a large surface area type table? Right....:statisfie
And, wash the droppings? I do have washed the ones they have made so far. Is there any particular disinfectant?

Iconoclast
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM

Allah Feeds All a person should feel happy that Allah has made him/her instrumental for his job

strider
07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Yes, it is sweet to see the birds eating. Until...the crows come.I feel sorry for the birds.:cry:
Two planks of wood and a large surface area type table? Right....:statisfie
And, wash the droppings? I do have washed the ones they have made so far. Is there any particular disinfectant?
We don't usually have crows coming our way though some hungry cats do tend to pay us a visit now and then!:heated:

I don't know of any disinfectant which arent potentially harmful to the birds (what if traces of them run into their food and then into their foodchain?:cry: )-- maybe just some hot water and a good brush down. It should kill off all germs.

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
well keep the birds outside in there pigeon whole and give there food in there and once they have aten just simply clean them hmm :/

snakelegs
07-19-2006, 02:51 AM
i can't think of any reason at all why rats would be attracted to bird poop. however, they would be attracted to the bird food.
i feed birds too and really enjoy. esp. the pigeons cuz you can recognize different individuals. i can step out there and there are no birds in sight and within seconds they appear.
it provides relatively cheap entertainment too.

F.Y.
07-19-2006, 03:10 AM
I dont think the birds bang on the window because they want food. We had a conservatory sort of thing - it is called a sun-room here. The windows were large and reached the ground....sometimes birds cant see the window there and think it is free-space to fly. We had a couple of birds die that way. They fly into the window and get hurt.
Food does attract rats too.

Ameeratul Layl
07-19-2006, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
I dont think the birds bang on the window because they want food. We had a conservatory sort of thing - it is called a sun-room here. The windows were large and reached the ground....sometimes birds cant see the window there and think it is free-space to fly. We had a couple of birds die that way. They fly into the window and get hurt.
Food does attract rats too.

I'm telling you sis, they do.:giggling:

JazakAllah to all for your ideas.:statisfie
I'll try and fix up a birdie table once the sun has gone down. Its too hot and I'll end up melting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.