/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Al Qaeda (Poll)

Dahir
07-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Al Qaeda

Brief Summary of Al Qaeda in My Words:

A fringe group led by former CIA trainee Osama Bin Laden, heir to his father's $10 Billion oil enterprise. Al Qaeda was concieved by a group of men who's early intentions went awry when their contract from the CIA was cut and were let loose with nothing but Bin Laden's inherited fortune. Since cutting ties to the US Government, the group has lashed out in very public ways.

The PC Definition:

Al-Qaeda (Arabic: القاعدة‎, translit: al-Qā'idah; "the database") is an international fundamentalist Sunni Islamist paramilitary organization comprised of independent and collaborative cells that all profess the same cause of reducing outside influence upon Islamic affairs. Countries that list this group as a terrorist organization include the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Although al-Qaeda is philosophically heterogeneous in the context of Sunni Islam, the most (known) prominent members of this group are believed to have Salafi beliefs.

The "My Words" definition are just my own opinions, so don't be a drooler and ask me for a source, you're not getting one!:D

Now, your views!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-19-2006, 01:07 AM
:sl:

You need to add another choice my opinion is "Muslim Freedom Fighters with wrong interpretation of Jihad but have a cause.

Dahir
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
You need to add another choice my opinion is "Muslim Freedom Fighters with wrong interpretation of Jihad but have a cause."
That would be like, "they had the right intentions, but used the wrong methods" or "Something that looks good on paper, but is hard to act upon without error."

Ghazi
07-19-2006, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
That would be like, "they had the right intentions, but used the wrong methods" or "Something that looks good on paper, but is hard to act upon with much error."
Exactly

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
07-19-2006, 01:19 AM
That would be like, "they had the right intentions, but used the wrong methods" or "Something that looks good on paper, but is hard to act upon with much error."
I made a slight mistake on the bold part, that I edited up there somewhere:

To: "without error"

Islamicboy
07-19-2006, 01:34 AM
I never understood one thing everyone says bin laden worked for the usa. Yet isnt he the one who says everyone who works with usa are enemies of islam?? Is it actully true he worked for usa?

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 01:39 AM
encouraging...very encouraging. (not the sacrcasm)

Dahir
07-19-2006, 02:04 AM
I never understood one thing everyone says bin laden worked for the usa. Yet isnt he the one who says everyone who works with usa are enemies of islam?? Is it actully true he worked for usa?
Osama Bin Laden was trained and equipped by CIA operatives throughout the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan (1979-1989), and I've also heard that the CIA and Bin Laden kept close relations up to 1992.

He was the US/CIA poster boy for fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan, so, in term, he was working for them.

This question was a bit funny:

Yet isnt he the one who says everyone who works with usa are enemies of islam??
Um, when money, power, oil, a relationship, and lives are on the line, you tend to say whatever you can to keep things up.

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:04 AM
I won't vote in this because there is not a response for blood thirsty murderers.

Dahir
07-19-2006, 02:06 AM
I won't vote in this because there is not a response for blood thirsty murderers.
...you could just vote "Outlaws" or "CIA Fringe Group."

"Blood Thirsty Murderers" is more of an adjective than it is a noun, they are a group, not a definition.

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:08 AM
bin Laden was never a poster boy for the US.

bin Laden may have received US supplies or cash in the Afgan war days through Pakistani intelligence, but as far as I know there is never any proof the US dealt with him directly.

The US was simply interested in giving the Soviet Union its "Vietnam."

Ghazi
07-19-2006, 02:11 AM

Note: Please keep insulting comments to your selfs especially the muslims lets keep this cival.

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:12 AM
...you could just vote "Outlaws" or "CIA Fringe Group."

"Blood Thirsty Murderers" is more of an adjective than it is a noun, they are a group, not a definition.
The thread asked for my thoughts on AQ. My thoughts are they are blood thirsty murderers.

Anyone who would accept a monster like al-Zarqawi into their ranks cannot be out to do good things.

Let me know when they stop intentionally targeting children, women and innocent civilians then I may begin to look at them as more "freedom fighter" like.

Noun: scumbags.

Better?

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Note: Please keep insulting comments to your selfs especially the muslims lets keep this cival.
Who is insulting?

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I don't know where this "CIA trained and equipped Bin Laden" myth comes from, but I suppose it makes a good conspiracy. The CIA supposedly aided the anti-Soviet fighters in Afghanistan, but I don't think anyone knows the extent of it or what aid was actually given, besides some fairly high-tech anti-tank missiles that somehow made its way into the region..lol.

Ghazi
07-19-2006, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Who is insulting?
Remember this

a monster like al-Zarqawi

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Yeah, I don't know where this "CIA trained and equipped Bin Laden" myth comes from, but I suppose it makes a good conspiracy. The CIA supposedly aided the anti-Soviet fighters in Afghanistan, but I don't think anyone knows the extent of it or what aid was actually given, besides some fairly high-tech anti-tank missiles that somehow made its way into the region..lol.
The US gave them a lot of money, a lot of stinger missiles and a lot of AK and other small arms.

No doubt about that.

But the foreign "Arab" contingent fighting the Soviets was pittifully small when compared to the homegrown Afghan resistance, and the vast majority of US aid and supply went to the hands of Afghan fighters.

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Remember this
How is that insulting?

He has been convicted of murder, called for the murder of innocent people. What more do you want.

Ghazi
07-19-2006, 02:17 AM
How is that insulting?

He has been convicted of murder, called for the murder of innocent people. What more do you want.
For you to fear allah and stop backbiting people, he's seen what he has put forth so why backbite him.

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 02:21 AM
For you to fear allah and stop backbiting people, he's seen what he has put forth so why backbite him.
Not sure I understand this logic. So it is insulting to say bad things about Al-Zarqawi? A murderer and child killer? Okay, I have a compliment for Zarqawi. He was really good at blowing up people and sawing the heads off defenseless people on videotape....great guy.

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 02:31 AM
You are right. I have a good idea where he is now.

Dahir
07-19-2006, 03:17 AM
You are right. I have a good idea where he is now.
So...you really know?

Last I heard, he took a bath, and let some marines take his photo after the shower, then publish it to the world saying he was dead. The marines got some dough from him, he got asylum in Brazil under the alias of Rafael Bautista, and the US Army broke the seal on some fine French wine and celebration all over!

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 03:46 AM
I love conspiracy theory ... no matter how ridiculous it may be. I've voted number 1.

MUNIRAH
07-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Salaam.........

I voted number 2!:) Muslims Freedom Fighters:D yay

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
Salaam.........

I voted number 2!:) Muslims Freedom Fighters:D yay
What Muslims have they freed lately?

MUNIRAH
07-19-2006, 04:09 AM
What Muslims have they freed lately?
Alot:D :D :D
yeah lots of muslims....

y do u ask??

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Alot:D :D :D
yeah lots of muslims....
Are you being serious or sarcastic...can't decide.

Actually you are partly correct. Al-Qaeda has freed thousands of Muslims from their lives.

MUNIRAH
07-19-2006, 04:13 AM

still...y do u ask?....... can't decide...:? :?

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 04:17 AM
still...y do u ask?....... can't decide...:? :?
Well, if I take your post seriously, I want to know exactly what Muslims Al-Qaeda have "freed". If you are being sarcastic, then it is a rhetorical statement.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:17 AM

Actually you are partly correct. Al-Qaeda has freed thousands of Muslims from their lives.
Yeah...kinda! Whatsoever I think Osama Bin Laden is hiding in the White House.

Keltoi
07-19-2006, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
This I would assume is sarcasm. lol

MUNIRAH
07-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Well, if I take your post seriously, I want to know exactly what Muslims Al-Qaeda have "freed". If you are being sarcastic, then it is a rhetorical statement.

uhmm.......ok. I got yah! but first do u think al-Qaeda freed muslims? and y u think that? just curious.......
I promise I will answer yah after u do....Ok...thankx

Dahir
07-19-2006, 04:36 AM
Finally, someone's on the right page, although I have thoughts that he may be living in the tiny town of New Lisbon, Wisconsin.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:39 AM
This I would assume is sarcasm. lol
I dont see anything 'religious' when I see Osama Bin Laden. I know some of you might be offended. He just like publicity!!! Not so humble too.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Finally, someone's on the right page, although I have thoughts that he may be living in the tiny town of New Lisbon, Wisconsin.

:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

Did he vote in the last election?

Dahir
07-19-2006, 04:41 AM
dont see anything 'religious' when I see Osama Bin Laden. I know some of you might be offended. He just like publicity!!! Not so humble too.
Bin Laden is worth $300 Million and has 4 wives and 24 kids, he doesn't seem like he's sacrificing much in return for anyone's loyalty.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Bin Laden is worth $300 Million and has 4 wives and 24 kids, he doesn't seem like he's sacrificing much in return for anyone's loyalty.
Again :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

Dahir
07-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Did he vote in the last election?
He voted for John Kerry.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:54 AM
He voted for John Kerry.

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_Rticur1E_BgA5TCjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vqdesqt/EXP=1153371164/**http%3a//i.gleeson.us/b2/0410/vote_or_die.jpg[/IMG]
How dare he voted Kerry, he should vote Nader (because Nader is a Lebanese) :p.

Dahir
07-19-2006, 04:58 AM
How dare he voted Kerry, he should vote Nader (because Nader is a Lebanese)
Kerry is married to the Ketchup lady though. Bin Laden was secretly funded by the Ketchup lady and Kerry's awesome ketchup campaign.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Kerry is married to the Ketchup lady though. Bin Laden was secretly funded by the Ketchup lady and Kerry's awesome ketchup campaign.

[S]ARE YOU SERIOUS? :uuh:[/S]

Dahir
07-19-2006, 05:04 AM
[MAD]SUPPORT OUR WAR HEROES OR SUFFER!![/MAD]

Seriously, if you don't support Kerry, he'll unleash the fury of Bin Laden, trust us, the Petronas Towers will SUFFER!

Speak of the devil, Bin Laden didn't attack in November '04, probably on retirement or something.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 05:07 AM
[MAD]SUPPORT OUR WAR HEROES OR SUFFER!![/MAD]

Seriously, if you don't support Kerry, he'll unleash the fury of Bin Laden, trust us, the Sears Tower will SUFFER!

Speak of the devil, Bin Laden didn't attack in November '04, probably on retirement or something.

[BANANA]AS IF I CAN VOTE FOR KERRY...:okay: :okay: :okay: [/BANANA]

Dahir
07-19-2006, 05:14 AM
That's why you have lady presidents in Malaysia :D :sister:

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 05:43 AM
That's why you have lady presidents in Malaysia :D :sister:
[BANANA]WE DONT HAVE A PRESIDENT... WE HAVE PRIME MINISTER... LIKE UK[/BANANA]

Dahir
07-19-2006, 05:46 AM
[mad]Queenies!![/mad]

snakelegs
07-19-2006, 05:52 AM
my vote doesn't go to any of the choices.
if there was an option to vote "has brought more suffering to muslims" i'd pick that.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
[mad]Queenies!![/mad]
[MAD]WELL, SO WHAT? :p[/MAD]

Woodrow
07-19-2006, 05:56 AM
I voted for "Whats Al-Qaeda" My reason being that at the present time al-qaeda cells do not appear to be unified. It is like there are several groups all using the name al-qaeda and probably none have any connection with the original Al-Qaeda.

Another alternative vote should be "All of the Above" because it seems each cell has a different agenda.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I voted for "Whats Al-Qaeda" My reason being that at the present time al-qaeda cells do not appear to be unified. It is like there are several groups all using the name al-qaeda and probably none have any connection with the original Al-Qaeda.

Another alternative vote should be "All of the Above" because it seems each cell has a different agenda.
Even Muslims are confused, what the heck is 'Al Qaeda'?

Dahir
07-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Even Muslims are confused, what the heck is 'Al Qaeda'?
Could be, but at first, when 9/11 happened, Osama came out with all those awe-inspiring videos and all I wanted to do was become a Suicide Bomber, I swear it!

But slowly, as I was struck with reality and the history of Jimmy Von Laden, I curbed my enthusiasm for Death.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Could be, but at first, when 9/11 happened, Osama came out with all those awe-inspiring videos and all I wanted to do was become a Suicide Bomber, I swear it!

But slowly, as I was struck with reality and the history of Jimmy Von Laden, I curbed my enthusiasm for Death.
Oh, you're ex-Johnny Jihad wannabe? :p

Dahir
07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh, you're ex-Johnny Jihad wannabe?
Yep. Man, those days I thought I'd fly to Israel and do my part at age 16, here I am, age 16 and I haven't left my town.

Woodrow
07-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Don't feel bad Dahir, back in WW2 I wanted to go to Japan and become a Kamikaze Pilot. But, since I was only five years old my mother wouldn't let me cross the street to see if I could find a ride to Japan.

umm-sulaim
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
I'm shocked about the salafi part!!??

i'm not too sure about that bro Dahir...i thought salafis were opposing to what bin laden and bro's were doing...?

i voted whats al-qaeda, too much talk around them...and Allah knows best.

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Yep. Man, those days I thought I'd fly to Israel and do my part at age 16, here I am, age 16 and I haven't left my town.
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 07:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Don't feel bad Dahir, back in WW2 I wanted to go to Japan and become a Kamikaze Pilot. But, since I was only five years old my mother wouldn't let me cross the street to see if I could find a ride to Japan.
Even more :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

How old r u?

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
I'm shocked about the salafi part!!??

i'm not too sure about that bro Dahir...i thought salafis were opposing to what bin laden and bro's were doing...?

i voted whats al-qaeda, too much talk around them...and Allah knows best.
I thought Osama is a Salafi, just like Talebans.

Sis786
07-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I voted for one and their is a reason for that, I was having a debate with our Tech at work and i was always of the opinion that Al-Qaeeda were Muslims freedom fighters however he pointed out a very good fact, he asked me why is it that when President Bush is low on the popularity scales and the American public begin to question his acts and reasons for going to War, Osama makes a video threatening the lives of all Americans and then all of a sudden the public jump behind the back of their HERO bush...

Mind you it could be the CIA making the video themselves ...im confused...
I stick to what is AlQaeeda because i cant be too sure!

imaad_udeen
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
I voted for one and their is a reason for that, I was having a debate with our Tech at work and i was always of the opinion that Al-Qaeeda were Muslims freedom fighters however he pointed out a very good fact, he asked me why is it that when President Bush is low on the popularity scales and the American public begin to question his acts and reasons for going to War, Osama makes a video threatening the lives of all Americans and then all of a sudden the public jump behind the back of their HERO bush...

Mind you it could be the CIA making the video themselves ...im confused...
I stick to what is AlQaeeda because i cant be too sure!
Actually, bin Laden videos don't carry much weight in the US anymore.

To most of us he is a paper tiger. Sure, we can't wait till we get him. But his videos certainly don't make any dramatic shift in the publics opinion of Bush.

Sis786
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Actually, bin Laden videos don't carry much weight in the US anymore.

To most of us he is a paper tiger. Sure, we can't wait till we get him. But his videos certainly don't make any dramatic shift in the publics opinion of Bush.
Thats not what the BBC say, Bush has always been going up and down on the polls and the reason is sometims the doubts people have but he always make sure that he comforts them by spreading more terror and fear!

Muhammad
07-19-2006, 09:04 AM

No discussions on conspiracy theories will be allowed. Such conjecture benefits no one.

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...s-section.html

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.