/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people spell/type correctly?!?!??!

mlsh27
07-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Salam,
I was just wondering why so many people on here whose native language is English do not spell/type correctly? To me it's annoying, and I feel makes that person appear stupid.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samee
07-19-2006, 02:15 AM
:sl:

I agree. I think there should be a rule that people should type in english while on the most active forums, and not abbreviate. Leave that for the halal fun and gender rooms.

Dahir
07-19-2006, 03:40 AM
I hate that too!

Well, I understand if you misspell one or two words, but screwing up an entire post with your less-than-stellar keyboarding skills...:grumbling :grumbling

Well, at least there's me, the man who makes no mistakes, but one, maybe two at max in my lifetime.:D

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I hate that too!

Well, I understand if you misspell one or two words, but screwing up an entire post with your less-than-stellar keyboarding skills...:grumbling :grumbling

Well, at least there's me, the man who makes no mistakes, but one, maybe two at max in my lifetime.:D
as long as the people understand .... no problem for me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
07-19-2006, 04:52 AM

Its not a matter of spelling incorrectly, but using text speak due to laziness I guess. A few incorrectly spelled words are okay, considering almost always you would understand the context. On the hand text speak is annoying..

This is a topic that has been brought up many times though. :X:hiding:

north_malaysian
07-19-2006, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Stupid backwards British people replaced the Z's with S's, and added some extra U's. :D
Is it the British who replace it first, or Americans? :p

In Malaysia, if you wrote a report or answer an exam in American spelling, you'll get - "BAD ENGLISH" remarks on your paper. Some lecturers would throw away your reports if you use American english.

I think all my English teachers and lecturers are British graduate, because they emphasized on the "QUEEN ENGLISH" usage.

mlsh27
07-19-2006, 05:08 AM
I believe the main problem to be people's laziness as aforementioned. If people actually took a second to read over what they wrote or took the two extra seconds to write out a few words, it would definitely help.

Safa
07-19-2006, 05:18 AM

Some people come on here to "hang around" I suppose so they are not concerned about the way they type.

I wonder if they know that their posts are being ignored by some who have no idea what they're trying to say.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.