/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Attention Is Required.

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 09:33 AM
:sl: To all my Brothers and Sisters.

It has been brought to my attention that my posts are Offending alot of the Forumers.

Even though i mean well,it seems like alot of people find my posts to be Too Harsh,and also alot of the forumers don't appreciate my constant Sarcasm.

So it all comes down to one thing.

I apologise to each and every member of the forum whom i may have offended.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

I won't make any promises that "I will change" because i don't know if i can,or if i really want to. My ability to be sarcastic all the time is something i am actually proud of. (No lectures needed based on the word 'pride' please) and as for my harshness,..insha'allah i will work on that.

Once again,i sincerly apologise to each and every member of the forum whom i have offended.

God bless,..

Wa'salaam.

-Zubair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
07-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Stop it you're cracking me up!!!!! ;D ROFL!!!!

Why're u appologising for...The truth is bitter...FACE IT!

;)

sevgi
07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

It has been brought to my attention that my posts are Offending alot of the Forumers.

Even though i mean well,it seems like alot of people find my posts to be Too Harsh,and also alot of the forumers don't appreciate my constant Sarcasm.

I won't make any promises that "I will change" because i don't know if i can,or if i really want to. My ability to be sarcastic all the time is something i am actually proud of. (No lectures needed based on the word 'pride' please) and as for my harshness,..insha'allah i will work on that.

Once again,i sincerly apologise to each and every member of the forum whom i have offended.

God bless,..

Wa'salaam.

-Zubair

i enjoy ur sarcasm bro...n i wudnt call it sarcasm, id call it witt...
no offense taken...on my behalf anyway...

Sis786
07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Salaam

Bro Zubair i have read your post and mashallah i always enjo reading your post you harsh but like Bro Iqram said thats fact and life..

Keep it up Bro...

Peace!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
07-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Im being told that i am 'biting my brothers back' and that 'a muslim should make a thousand excuses for his brother' so it looks like,..nomatter how wrong a person is on the forum, i am not allowed to tell them they are wrong. And if i do,i have to sugar coat it for them.

Medicane is bitter,but its good for you..

..kheir,if people want a sweeter me,i guess i'll try to be sweeter..more gentel...

..but like i said,i am not making any promises.

Wa'salaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Lol. Well I understand when you do it to me, and I just take the sarcasm light heartedly. But wehat you have to understand is alot of people don't know you are being sarcastic, and they will just see you as being rude.

Allah knows best.

:wasalamex

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
....Maybe i should create a Poll :?

"Should i remain sarcastic/witty :? "

...i wonder how many people would create extra accounts to vote "NO!!!" :p

sevgi
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
....Maybe i should create a Poll :?

"Should i remain sarcastic/witty :? "

...i wonder how many people would create extra accounts to vote "NO!!!" :p

hehe WITTY....

amirah_87
07-19-2006, 09:46 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

Bro Zubair i have read your post and mashallah i always enjo reading your post you harsh but like Bro Iqram said thats fact and life..
I agree :thumbs_up

But wehat you have to understand is alot of people don't know you are being sarcastic, and they will just see you as being rude.
I also agree :happy:

wassalaams

sevgi
07-19-2006, 09:46 AM
i vote...:"ur paranoid"

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
i vote...:"ur paranoid"
No i am not :p I've been recieving TOO MANY critisims recently. :brother:

So i want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. :X

But the truth is,at the end of the day,..'sugar coated zubair' won't be the RealDeal,so i might as well retire from the forum ... :rollseyes

amirah_87
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

But the truth is,at the end of the day,..'sugar coated zubair' won't be the RealDeal,so i might as well retire from the forum ...
there's no need for that!!

if ppl don't get your criticism...just write @ the end of your post in bold(to be on the safe side)

BTW I WAS KIDDING...HAAR-DE-HAAR-HAAR!!

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
if ppl don't get your criticism...just write @ the end of your post in bold(to be on the safe side)

BTW I WAS KIDDING...HAAR-DE-HAAR-HAAR!!
LOL ! ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
About time you apologised :uhwhat
Whats wrong with this picture? :?

^ This guy knows how to say something other than "Alpha wants reps..give alpha reps...Reps..reps..." :? :p :p

sevgi
07-19-2006, 09:59 AM

No i am not :p I've been recieving TOO MANY critisims recently. :brother:

So i want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. :X

But the truth is,at the end of the day,..'sugar coated zubair' won't be the RealDeal,so i might as well retire from the forum ... :rollseyes
now ur jst being 'nancy'...so to speak..." oh...maybe i shud jst leave fdor the betterment of the world and my people...."

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
now ur jst being 'nancy'...so to speak..." oh...maybe i shud jst leave fdor the betterment of the world and my people...."
Who knows...maybe thats exactly what LI needs,... :p :p :p

afriend
07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
LOL!!

Zubair...The truth is the truth......Even if you put flowers and all sorts of decorations around it....It'll still be the truth....It will always hurt (most of the time...;D)

chacha_jalebi
07-19-2006, 10:14 AM
salaam

lol :D naa zubair bro ur kool, jus b urself if ppl dnt lik it, oh well :p :D

Malaikah
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
:sl:

I personally dont mind the wit and sarcasm, but the problem is... what happens if you are WRONG and there you are going on about it as if you are so right?:rollseyes thats just embarrassing for you and annoying for others.

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

I personally dont mind the wit and sarcasm, but the problem is... what happens if you are WRONG and there you are going on about it as if you are so right?:rollseyes thats just embarrassing for you and annoying for others.
Can you provide me a Daleel please :?

...i mean,can you provide me an example of when i've done that?

*Pretty please with extra sugar ontop*

afriend
07-19-2006, 10:46 AM
ROFL^

He has the right to express his opinion...Also the right to make mistakes...also the right to learn from his mistakes too :mad:

Why don't people understand this?

sevgi
07-19-2006, 10:49 AM
zubair brother...u hav more defence on ur side rather than critisism...i think u shud just stay the way that u r n other poeple shud jst accept that and if they hav a problem with u they can cum to u in private or block u or wateva...

as long as u r comfy wit urself and Allah is happy with u inshallah...:)

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
During most of the arguements,i have Clearly Said "If you can bring me some hard proof and prove me wrong,i promise i will back off and shut up" but no-one is willing to do so. That isn't my fault,the opportunity is always there,but if you don't take the opportunity,it isn't my fault.

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 10:56 AM
as long as u r comfy wit urself and Allah is happy with u inshallah...:)
Yes,insha'allah Allah swt is happy with me.

As for me being comfortable with myself,..Most definetly.

I am not comfortable with the fact that i am seen as a arguement-starter by some/alot of members of the Forum. I simply point out the fact (in my own special way...) and i get Pm's and Negative reps 'for not showing adab' when what they really want to say is 'for not agreeing with me'...

...lol,..kheir.

Thanks for your support sis :p

aamirsaab
07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
cus some people are too damn blind to see what's infront of them.

Takumi
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
I believe the issue is not really whether you're being sarcastic or witty; the real issue is when a reader of your posts BELIEVES that you're personally attacking him/her not the the opinion.

Been there, done that. ;-)

True, it's kinda difficult to de-personalize posts especially when a post is a reply to our own. But we gotta do it.

May I suggest that you read your posts and see whether you have unintentionally discredit the person rather than the opinion brought forth?

People usually associate opinions with personality, which MOST OF THE TIME is not true. People also sometimes fail to COMPROMISE on issues that can be compromised on.

After all, we can only see the product of our minds devoid of HOW the opinion is being conveyed (emotions, gestures, facial expression etc) which I believe is one of the most rudimentary elements of a healthy discussion.

One good thing about writing though, there is plenty of time to think, re think and re evaluate our posts. Read, re read and once you click on that SUBMIT button, you willfully take all the risks that come with it.

At the end of the day, life goes on and the angels, like us, have already written.

Peace.

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Shukran akhi :) much appreciated :) May allah swt reward you.

Malaikah
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
ROFL^

He has the right to express his opinion...Also the right to make mistakes...also the right to learn from his mistakes too :mad:

im not saying anything against him, im just saying its easier to be wrong when youre not so sarcastic:rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
it might be a whole lotta crap but i heard sarcasm is a lower form of lying and being hypocritical "NOTE I JUST HEARD" but it isnt a bad saying if u thnk about it.

Also every member should be careful in the manner they post so as not to offend any other members.

ok fat people i have sed wat i must say

:salamext:

SirZubair
07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Btw,...

..there are 3 people to whom i feel i should MENTION when apoligising.

I want to apoligise to :

islam-truth.

Ahmed

and last but not least ;

sonz.

Brothers,please do forgive me,i realise that i have been harsh towards the 3 of you. Even when i had a good reason to be upset/angry at you,..i should have done with it adab. :hiding:

Muezzin
07-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey, Zubair, you ain't got to apologise for being yourself. Okay, those particular people you mentioned do deserve one, but a general apology for everyone? Come on dude, if people who disagree with you hate you solely because they disagree with you, it's not your fault for disagreeing, it's their fault for being silly and not accepting alternative viewpoints.

My two rupees.

Daffodil
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Forgive me as well if i upset u.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-19-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Hey, Zubair, you ain't got to apologise for being yourself. Okay, those particular people you mentioned do deserve one, but a general apology for everyone? Come on dude, if people who disagree with you hate you solely because they disagree with you, it's not your fault for disagreeing, it's their fault for being silly and not accepting alternative viewpoints.

My two rupees.
i think its good his doin this bro (MashAllah), hek we shud all do this !! But then this whole forum would be flooded wiv apologies :confused:

Halima
07-20-2006, 12:59 AM

Even though you have never offended me by your posts, you're forgiven.:)

:w:

SirZubair
07-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Shukran. :)

Daffodil,you are forgiven.

I hope you'll forgive me for my rude posts... :hiding:

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-20-2006, 11:00 PM
LOL!!

Zubair...The truth is the truth......Even if you put flowers and all sorts of decorations around it....It'll still be the truth....It will always hurt (most of the time...;D)
But there is a etiquette to dialouge. No?:)

The prophet (SAW) would always speak with great manners. And he, (SAW), said that 'He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good'-Muslim

So since the brother is asking for naseeha, I don't think NAH YOU'RE JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS, is a good approach to take. *zip*

SirZubair
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I've been good for afew days.

i feel very weird,..argh...

lol.

:hiding:

Gaf_G
07-23-2006, 10:10 AM
i hope someone is gonna offer me some cake and some icecream

SirZubair
07-23-2006, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gaf_G
i hope someone is gonna offer me some cake and some icecream

Enjoy :p

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 12:29 PM

God bless,..

Wa'salaam.

-Zubair
well brother i think you are a very cool brother and i lurve your posts they are very good :) and who cares if your being "sarcastic" thats the point to get it through peoples brain the message duh!! who ever thinks brother Zubair is a nonsence then they MUST be some weirdo's am telling yea he's a laugh and also we are lucky to have a brother like you :statisfie , whom is very talented and blessed!
anyone takes it the wrong way then it's not your fault but there's that means they need to see the DOCTOR!!:X :hiding:
take care

P.S.!! NO NEED TO APOLOGISE AT ALL THEY NEED TO DO THAT NOT U!!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-23-2006, 05:44 PM
They need to apologise for being offended?

O..k....

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
They need to apologise for being offended?

O..k....

well it's brother Zubair doesn't mean to offend them it's not his fault there takin it the worng way and to heart!

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Don't you think we should speak gently and with manners as did the prophet (SAW)?
He is our guide and example afterall.

That way no one would get hurt. Personally, I hate hurting people's feelings. And if someone insults my brother or sister in islam, it is as if they have insukted me. And I am just as offended. We are an ummah afterall.

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Don't you think we should speak gently and with manners as did the prophet (SAW)?
He is our guide and example afterall.

That way no one would get hurt. Personally, I hate hurting people's feelings. And if someone insults my brother or sister in islam, it is as if they have insukted me. And I am just as offended. We are an ummah afterall.

did i offend you?? :cry:
am so sorry sis if i did

SirZubair
07-23-2006, 06:01 PM
* gets some popcorn *

*Chants "FIGHT,..FIGHT,..FIGHT,..FIGHT,..FIGHT,..FIGHT ,... .."*

:D

MinAhlilHadeeth
No you haven't sis. I was just giving you my point of view.:)
We must be careful not to disregard other people's feelings. Remember we have to represent Islam. Self-example is the best kind of da'wah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
* gets some popcorn *

Lol.... nutter. We're not fighting!:rollseyes

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 06:03 PM
* gets some popcorn *

;D your cracking me up LOLZ where not fighting are we??? hmm my kick will be done :giggling:

and sis all good thats good i din offend you and very true what you said :)

SirZubair
07-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I feel like having a whinge right about now..

...so i will..

i wish people who give this (http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ought-day.html) thread some attention.. :rollseyes

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
hmm nonono brother don't or else you know people wil get offended ;D
anyway i will read it some other time as i am going offline in abit got work amrw!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.