/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feint line on forehead

thc
05-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Is it true that if a muslim has a black mark or a feint line on their foreheads that they pray a lot.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
05-27-2005, 01:29 PM
isalam
i think that is true, also sheikh qasim said that those who have a black mark on the forehead, on the day judgement their forehaed will outshine everyone.

Z
05-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I don't know about this but I do know I once had a dark mark on my forehead. 'Tis gone now. :'(

Danish
05-27-2005, 02:41 PM
:sl:
I heard the same for foot

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
05-27-2005, 03:03 PM
the places of wudu will shine, as will the places that you make sujood with aswell inshallah they will shine for us on the day of judgement.

h1jabi_sista
05-27-2005, 03:10 PM
is it only men that get the black marks? ive never seen women with any... even on their feet.

:w:

Arwa
05-27-2005, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
is it only men that get the black marks? ive never seen women with any... even on their feet.

:w:

My cousin has it on her feet :D

Danish
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I have mine on the foot, my uncle has a reeeeeeeeally dominated one on forehead when he prays regularly
maybe women dont pray as often :P lol no, i think it depends on the skin colour too, on fair skin is usually more obvious

Arwa
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

i think it depends on the skin colour too, on fair skin is usually more obvious
I don't agree :sister:

Danish
05-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't agree
u sure u didnt miss out the word "usually" and "too" in my post?

Arwa
05-27-2005, 06:46 PM

yup :D

Danish
05-27-2005, 06:50 PM
yup
c'mon arwa, think about it...its harldy rocket science

ppl who r fairer skined show more obvious tan, u can see their blood vessel easily, etc...so a darker skin will camouflage less

Arwa
05-27-2005, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
c'mon arwa, think about it...its harldy rocket science

ppl who r fairer skined show more obvious tan, u can see their blood vessel easily, etc...so a darker skin will camouflage less

lol

I don't agree, but maybe others will. :)

It's just from what I've seen really.
2 of my cousins who aren't fair have dark marks. One of them when he first got it didn't pray 5 times a day.
My dad, masha'Allah he is fair and prays 5 times a day has a verrrrrrry light one on his forehead.
I have seen other people too who are dark skinned and fair skinned.. from what I've seen, the dark skinned ones tend to have a darker mark.

:)

Danish
05-27-2005, 07:03 PM
2 of my cousins who aren't fair have dark marks. One of them when he first got it didn't pray 5 times a day.
My dad, masha'Allah he is fair and prays 5 times a day has a verrrrrrry light one on his forehead.
I have seen other people too who are dark skinned and fair skinned.. from what I've seen, the dark skinned ones tend to have a darker mark.
arwa arwa arwa..i said fair skin is ONE of the factor that affect USUALLY

anyway, my uncle he is not too fair but he does get a really clear one when he prays regularly....mashallah

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

PLZ READ THIS!!!

It was reported that Hudhayfah said: “I prayed with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) one night. He started to recite al-Baqarah, and I thought that he would do rukoo’ after one hundred aayaat, but he carried on. I thought that he would finish it and then do rukoo’, but he carried on. Then he started to recite al-Nisaa’ and he recited it all, then he started to recite Aal ‘Imraan, and he recited it all, at a steady and moderate pace. If he recited an aayah which mentioned tasbeeh (glorifying Allaah), he would glorify Allaah; if he recited an aayah which mentioned asking, he would ask Allaah; if he recited an aayah which mentioned seeking refuge with Allaah, he would seek refuge with Him. Then he did rukoo’ and started saying ‘Subhaan Rabbi al-al’Azeem,’ and his rukoo’ was almost as long as his standing. Then he said, ‘Sami’a Allaahu li man hamidah’ and stood up, and his standing was almost as long as his rukoo’. Then he prostrated and said, ‘Subhaana Rabbi al-A’laa’, and his sujood was almost as long as his standing.” (Narrated by Muslim, 772)

The Sunnah in sujood is to be level in sujood, as it was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “be level in sujood, and none of you should spread his forearms as a dog spreads them.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 788; Muslim, 493).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah preserve him) said:

This means that you should do sujood in a level way, not bunched up tight so that the stomach rests on the thighs and the thighs on the calves, and not stretched out as some people do when they prostrate, so that they are almost lying on their fronts. Undoubtedly this is a kind of bid’ah and is not Sunnah. It was not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or from any of the Sahaabah, as far as we know, that a person should stretch out his back in sujood. He should stretch his back in rukoo’, but in sujood he should raise his stomach and not stretch it out.” (al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 3/168).

If a person does as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded, and he is prostrating on soil or a rough surface, then he may get a mark on his forehead. This may generate some pride in his heart, as mentioned in the question, but if a person’s heart is filled with sincere faith and he does what he does only for the purpose of seeking that which is with Allaah, then he will not care what people say about him. But if he deliberately tries to make a mark on his forehead that looks like the sign of sujood, then this is a kind of showing off and lying, so woe to him of the punishment of a painful Day!

With regard to the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“… You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allaah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers)….” [al-Fath 48:29]

-- the correct meaning of the phrase “the mark of them is on their faces” is that this refers to the light of obedience and worship, and it does not necessarily mean that there is a physical mark on the skin in the place of prostration.

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer of this aayah:

“… ‘the mark of them is on their faces from the traces of prostration’ - ‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them): ‘the mark of them is on their faces’ means their outward appearance. Mujaahid and others said that it means khushoo’ and humility. Ibn Abi Haatim said: my father told us, ‘Ali ibn Muhammad al-Tanaafusi told us, Husayn al-Ja’fi told us, from Zaa’idah from Mansoor from Mujaahid: ‘the mark of them is on their faces from the traces of prostration’ – he said: (this means) khushoo’ (humility). I said, I always thought that it meant this mark on the face. He said, That may appear between the eyes of one whose heart is harder than Pharaoh’s. Al-Saddi said: Prayer makes their faces beautiful. One of the Salaf said; Whoever prays more at night, his face becomes more handsome by day… Some of them said that a hasanah (good deeds) brings light (noor) to the heart and a glow to the face, an increased provision and the love of the people.”

The point is, the fact that this mark is present on the skin and there is a change in the colour of the forehead, does not mean that a person is righteous and sincere. By the same token, if this mark is absent, that does not mean that a person is failing in his prayers. In many cases it has to do with the nature and sensitivity of an individual’s skin.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked: is there any report to indicate that the mark on the forehead caused by sujood is a sign of the righteous?

He replied:

This is not one of the signs of the righteous; the sign is the light (noor ) which appears on the face, and being content and at peace, a good attitude, and the like.

As for the mark made by sujood on the face, it may appear on the faces of people who do not even pray the obligatory prayers, if their skin is very soft and sensitive, and it may not appear of the faces of people who pray a lot and make lengthy sujood.

(Fataawaa Islamiyyah, 1/484)

In conclusion, then, if you are sincere towards Allaah and seek to earn His pleasure when you pray, then what people say will not affect you; in fact, their praise of you may be a kind of hastening of glad tidings for you in this world. So follow the Sunnah and do sujood properly, and then do not worry about whether people praise you or condemn you. We ask Allaah to make you sincere and to accept your prayers.

And Allaah knows best.

Source

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Assalamu'alaykum

Once my family was having a discussion about this and one of my cousins said in a joking way... "Anyway can take a prayer rug and rub thier forheads with it" And i think he made a point i dont think it really means anything.
i have seen Imaams that dont have the spot while men who are not even practicing muslims...how do we explain that.
i think the reason why some sisters dont have it is maybe because they are supposed to be wearing socks anyway........................

Danish
05-28-2005, 10:29 AM
:Sl:
yep that clarified it, :j: 3washey

Danish
05-28-2005, 10:37 AM
i remeber doing tht once when i was abt 8-10
lool...doesnt surpise me zak :P

Muhammad
05-28-2005, 10:40 AM

Jazakallah Khayr for that Sr...
Btw how will wearing socks prevent you getting a mark on your forehead?

Ra`eesah
05-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

No Brother, wearing socks prevents sisters from getting the dark mark on their ankles...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.