/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the ruling on joining fraternities and sororities

sweetbanana86
07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Salam alaikum sisters and brothers

what is the ruling on joing fraternities and soroities , is it halal or haram

i only ask becuz i go to a school where fraternities and soroities are really big but also i ask to join a history honor society which is basically fraternity and soroity combine, i was told it was okay since it was base off my academics and there was not religon base foundation

so is it okay for me to be apart of history honor society?

and what about other Fraternities and soroites can you be apart of those?

also i read that the first muslim soroity was form either in 2005 or 2006 it's call Gamma Gamma chi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manaal
08-21-2006, 03:35 AM
what kind of activities do they do in fraternities and sororities?

syilla
08-21-2006, 03:57 AM
i heard in US they have this famous muslimah sororities.

QuranStudy
08-21-2006, 04:03 AM
what kind of activities do they do in fraternities and sororities?
In most cases, get drunk and have random sexual activities.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asyur an-Nagi
08-21-2006, 04:07 AM
i was a fraternity lad in my college. i used to be the thugs (they used my gigantic size to fight another thugs from another frats), until i was caught by the police for post football match -- brawl. it was a big-big-big mistake.

but in the uni i joined scientic frat which regularly meets to talk about the latest inventions, medical breakthru, and doing social works like a free dental service :lol:

manaal
08-21-2006, 09:32 AM
So i guess the permissibility of a frat or sorority depends on whether or not their actvities are permissible in islam.

- Qatada -
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
:salamext:

Ruling on going to parties where there is alcohol and music

Question:

Can A Muslim attend a finish where there is Alcohol Being Served Rfo: I am in the army and there is an Army Ball and I told my supervisor I could not go because of the Music and alcohol , He said just do not drink and go. Well, I want some Daleel on the subject

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "… And if Shaytaan causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not in the company of those people who are the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." [al-An'aam 6:68]

Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in Allaah and the last day, should not sit at a table where wine is being served." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2801; classed as saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami', 6506).

Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Allaah will ask His slave on the Day of Resurrection until He says: What prevented you, when you saw something evil, from denouncing it?'" According to another report: "One of you will be asked on the Day of Resurrection until he is asked: What prevented you from denouncing evil when you saw it?" (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Maajah, 4017; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 1818).

I think that now, my brother, you will know the ruling concerning going to parties where there is wine and other evils. When the believer sits in such gatherings it is as if his heart dies from merely seeing what is going on and saying anything about it, even if he himself does not partake of it.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=parties

i_m_tipu
08-22-2006, 11:14 AM
JK Bro

DeshayQ
09-30-2015, 09:48 PM
I would disagree maybe that is the behavior of SOME of the individuals. I am a student at the first HBCU and if some of you actually do research (like they advise before MEMBER INTAKE PROCESS not pledging) they are designed to help the communities and better the African American race which included in most of there motto and they have been since the early 1900's. I see the work of a lot of the D9 which they are called and on my campus and others they don't just party, partying is apart of college life and EVERYONE PARTIES IF YOU CHOOSE ! With that being said not every member is not at these parties and nor do they have to be but it is a life time commitment beyond college. I am not a member of any sorority or fraternity but I do my research. However, if any situation comes upon you where it is against your religion then you have your answer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.