/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Asalamu Alaikum

Z
05-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

One cannot stress enough at how important it is to greet out brothers/sisters with asalamu alaikum upon seeing them. Here's another thing which surfaced to mind yesterday.

I read quite some time ago, that scientist believe each individual has an invisible field around them. Almost like a bubble. When something unknown to the individual enters this bubble, it makes the individual react in a manner like blushing, becoming nevous, tense etc. I think we can all agree to this.

However, when two brothers/sisters meet for the first time and have never come across each other before, and the moment asalamu alaikum is said and there is a handshake or hug, the bubble disappears. I have yet to find a case where I have met a brother who I have never known or been next too before, and I feel uncomfortable.

Of course, there are always those people who are anti-social and shy and feel nervous like all the time, but though this theory of mines may not be accurate, it somehow does reflect the power of salaam.

Let us not be disheartened when a reply is not given back to us. Did the prophet give up after his try? Did any of the prophets give up when they were rejected for the first time? It is our duty and let's fulfil our duty to convey the salaam and let the one who should be replying fulfil theres.

May Allah allow us to become one and within us let their be love, peace, and tranquility.

Share your thoughts insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmtullah-hi-wabrakatu

Jazakallah for sharing bro - I posted a detailed article on the virtues of Salaam a few weeks ago

here is the link http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=2281

Wassalam

Z
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Subhan Allah!

This I think is the fourth time now that we have been reminded about the salaam. Should we not give salaam now and take heed, then what can be said of us brothers and sisters.

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

well.... i guess it is THAT important....

mashallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abusufi96
10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Aameen 305z. Sometimes i relize that the more u make friends the more bad things u do. Ofcourse most of the friends arent bad, but im in America and alot of people know how America is.

Protected_Diamond
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
asalamualykum warhamtulahi wabarakathu

whoaa cool reminder jazahka Allah..i always try 2 say it no matter where i am...some muslims reply others dont...as long as ive said it i know ive dne ma duty

walakumasalaam warhamtulahi wabarakathu

Uthman
10-06-2005, 06:56 PM

JazakAllah Khayr for the reminder! :)

:w:

afzalaung
10-07-2005, 04:43 AM
i'm social-phobiac..but a 'salaamalaeykum' always calmed me down:P

beans
10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
sigh this pushes me to say it often! i just started this year, and i'm kinda rocky on saying it, i feel kinda akward sometimes and sometimes i try to avoid it because i'm uncomfortable but those are excuses i dont want to use anymore!

Protected_Diamond
10-13-2005, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by beans
sigh this pushes me to say it often! i just started this year, and i'm kinda rocky on saying it, i feel kinda akward sometimes and sometimes i try to avoid it because i'm uncomfortable but those are excuses i dont want to use anymore!
asalamualykum warhmatulahi wabarakthu

i understand it's hard to say the salaam nawadays but it feels so good once you've said it 2 yo brothers n sisters...coz like whn im on college and ders christian peeps around i still say it ( dont care wot they think) n dey luk at me like..but i bet they thinkin wow a unique way of sayin hello lol..

walakumasalaam warhmatulahi wabarakthu

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
[B]°Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh°

Therez no other greeting that's more beautiful than ours. A greeting of Peace & Love..Allahu Akbar! This post is beautiful..!

°Wasalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh°

Protected_Diamond
10-16-2005, 06:22 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

true say^^

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

Z
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Peace

What about the silent handshake with a rastafarian hug? That's the best!

razzzy101
10-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Astagfirullah, thats the greeting of a non beleiever!

Z
10-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Peace

It is? You could never tell that, I see brothers do it in the Masjid.

razzzy101
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
astagfirulla, but i hope they say salaam atleast, if so then it spermissable

Sadia25
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Jazakallah Bro.. for the reminder of the power of Assalamu Alaikum

MetSudaisTwice
10-17-2005, 11:00 AM
salam
jazakallah for the post
wasalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.