/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all starbucks customer

syilla
07-20-2006, 01:44 AM
What do you think of this...?

In malaysia there is so many starbucks outlet...*sigh...

Thank You to All Starbucks Customer
Written by Howard Schultz
Tuesday, 11 July 2006
Dear Starbucks Customer,

First and foremost I want to thank you for making Starbucks the $6.4 billion global company it is today, with more than 90,000 employees, 9,700 stores, and 33 million weekly customers. Every latte and macchiato you drink at Starbucks is a contribution to the close alliance between the United States and Israel, in fact it is - as I was assured when being honoured with the “Israel 50th Anniversary Friend of Zion Tribute Award” - key to Israel’s long-term PR success. Your daily chocolate chips frappucino helps paying for student projects in North America and Israel, presenting them with the badly needed Israeli perspective of the Intifada.

Starbucks, through the Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah, an international network of Jewish education centres, sponsors Israeli military arms fairs in an effort to strengthen the special connection between the American, European and Israeli defense industries and to showcase the newest Israeli innovations in defense. As my contribution to the fight against the global rise of anti-Semitism, the reason behind the current conflict in the Middle-East, I help Aish HaTorah sponsoring the website "honestreporting.com” and produce material informing of Israel’s side of the story.
Without you, my valued customer, I wouldn’t be able to raise hundreds of millions of dollars each year to support Israeli citizens from terrorist attacks and keep reminding every Jew in America, to defend Israel at any cost. $5 billion per year from the US government are no way near enough to pay for all the weaponry, bulldozers and security fences needed to protect innocent Israeli citizens from anti-Semitic Muslim terrorism. Corporate sponsorships are essential.
Having the bigger picture in mind, Starbucks have donated a store to the US army to help in the “War on Terror”. I cannot emphasise enough, how vital the “War on Terror” is for the continued viability and prospering of the Jewish State.
So next time you feel like chilling out at a Starbucks store, please remember that with every cup you drink at Starbucks you are helping with a noble cause.
Howard Schultz
Chairman & Chief Global Strategist
Starbucks Coffee Stores
Last Updated ( Thursday, 13 July 2006 )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
07-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I think its an excellent example of why people shouldn't believe everything they read.

It's a forgery/parody originating from a hate site - Mr Shultz wrote no such thing (although he is a well-known Zionist and supporter of Israel - hence the parody). I just feel sorry for those who might work in Starbuck's, in some countries in particular, who might even become 'targets' because of this.

Looking4Peace
07-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Actually trumble starbucks is known for this for a very long time, do your research my mom has boycotted them since 2000 and shes not even Muslim, funny huh :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

Trumble
07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Actually trumble starbucks is known for this for a very long time, do your research my mom has boycotted them since 2000 and shes not even Muslim, funny huh :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:
You miss my point. I acknowledged that Schultz was a Zionist, and indeed many people have boycotted Starbucks, as you say. Schultz did not, however write such a letter to "All Starbuck's Customer" on 11 July 2006, or any other time - it is fake.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-20-2006, 03:02 AM
lol i dont think the letter is authentic coz it sounds obvious that it's written as a satirical message trying to send a point across..

i guess the comedian who wrote it should hav made that clear.. but anyways

Looking4Peace
07-20-2006, 03:42 AM
both of u^^^^^^^Dont p*** on the electric fense

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 03:50 AM
salam sis, i dont get wat the p*** thing meant.. lol sorry if it sounded like i was taking a go at you!! i honestly didnt eman it that way...

i just meant that it was written with an element of satire.. zionist's aren't that rash to lose all their customers with a letter like that, lol.

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 03:50 AM
salaaaaam....

Yay! I work there.......is fun n I don't do too much....I get paid really good. am just sad that I have to quit after summer:cry: .....coz I gotta go back to school:hiding: :X :heated: :cry: :cry:

north_malaysian
07-20-2006, 09:54 AM
How about urban legend that every coke sold, Osama bin Laden gt some profits from it.

Also Iranian oil, so if you think that Iran is devilish country, would u boycott to use petrol for your cars?

p/s: I'm not a coffee person becoz I really love my MILO (Nestle)

SirZubair
07-20-2006, 09:58 AM
First of all,..that letter has the word 'bullocks' written all over it.

Secondly,..why pay so much $ for crap coffee? i will make you crap coffee for free :p

seeker_of_ilm
07-20-2006, 09:59 AM
:sl:

Article seems dodgy....and Starbucks isn't too nice anyway...much prefer Cafe Nero.

SirZubair
07-20-2006, 10:01 AM
June 7, 2006
Starbucks Rumor Response

You may have heard a rumor about Howard Schultz, Starbucks and the Israeli army. The rumor is false. Neither chairman Howard Schultz nor Starbucks fund or support the Israeli Army.

Starbucks is a non-political organization and does not support individual political causes.

Contact Information:
Starbucks Coffee Company
(206) 318-7100
press@starbucks.com

From their website.

Looking4Peace
07-20-2006, 11:22 PM
cafe negro is good, and that other one i drink bustella i think? its puerto rican coffee will have u just as wired as starbucks.

syilla
07-21-2006, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
June 7, 2006
Starbucks Rumor Response

You may have heard a rumor about Howard Schultz, Starbucks and the Israeli army. The rumor is false. Neither chairman Howard Schultz nor Starbucks fund or support the Israeli Army.

Starbucks is a non-political organization and does not support individual political causes.

Contact Information:
Starbucks Coffee Company
(206) 318-7100
press@starbucks.com

From their website.
Thank you...

syilla
07-21-2006, 01:15 AM
June 7, 2006
Starbucks Rumor Response

Contact Information:
Starbucks Coffee Company
(206) 318-7100
press@starbucks.com

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressde...

15 hours ago
http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-starbuc...

http://web.archive.org/web/2001050209352...

Refer to this one also on Schultz background and his donations:

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.ph

and another...

S_87
07-21-2006, 09:55 AM
:sl:

dont drink starbucks no more for that reason.

sevgi
07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
dnt no if anyone knows Gloria Jeans Coffee bt my Aussie sis n bros will surely know...they kick starbucks behind!!!

sevgi
07-21-2006, 11:57 AM
oh..n i agree that that letter is not real...

the way in which he is being portrayed in letter juxtaposes the likeness of him even writing a letter of appreciation to the starbuks customers...

Asyur an-Nagi
07-21-2006, 12:03 PM
wallah? really? omg???
but to me, u can get coffe, choc, mocha, or another kind of latte somewhere else ( i prefer get instant kind of such in supermart, and hot water would turn my chilly evening into a little private party), and the taste doesn't acutely different.

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
All of a sudden now in the Bahamas there have been Starbuck Cafe's popping up all over the place. One after the Other they've been sprouting like mushrooms.......

I've been there about..... 3 times? and their coffee is'nt all that spectacular in my opinion, I can make batter cappucino latte at home lol

However it's obvious that this letter is a fake, but I'm sure there is still some truth to it.

sweetbanana86
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man no more starbucks, well i am not really a coffee drinker but i did like those big choclate chip cookies they sold

i guess i will have to do my own research and post what i find insha'allah

Skillganon
08-03-2006, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
June 7, 2006
Starbucks Rumor Response

Contact Information:
Starbucks Coffee Company
(206) 318-7100
press@starbucks.com

http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressde...

15 hours ago
http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-starbuc...

http://web.archive.org/web/2001050209352...

Refer to this one also on Schultz background and his donations:

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.ph

and another...
Sprry Syilla, the link you provided seem not to work.

But I did find this when I did a search on googles.

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html

but as you said it may be based on false information. However we must be vigilant that this companies does not affilliate financially indirectly or directly to promotion/funding of arms sale or these goverments that affilliate in such behaviour. It does not have to have a coffee shop in Israel to be in their cause, their is other way of funnelling support.

This need further investigation.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 12:40 AM
But I love starbucks:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.