/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do animals go to any type of Jannah?

mlsh27
07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Salam,
My husband recently told me that he has heard that animals do not go to any type of Jannah. Is this true? ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE PROOF!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
07-20-2006, 09:24 PM
:sl:

I asked a similar question a long while ago.....still no replies there either altho some discussion took place....would be nice to see the authenticity too :)

My Question

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
i jus found that out the other day aswell. :|

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:54 PM
i heard one dog will have the honour of going to jannah for helping out in Allahs cause, i think this is mentioned in the quran

Thou wouldst have deemed them awake, whilst they were asleep, and We turned them on their right and on their left sides: their dog stretching forth his two fore-legs on the threshold: if thou hadst come up on to them, thou wouldst have certainly turned back from them in flight, and wouldst certainly have been filled with terror of them.

(Some) say they were three, the dog being the fourth among them; (others) say they were five, the dog being the sixth,- doubtfully guessing at the unknown; (yet others) say they were seven, the dog being the eighth. Say thou: "My Lord knoweth best their number; It is but few that know their (real case)." Enter not, therefore, into controversies concerning them, except on a matter that is clear, nor consult any of them about (the affair of) the Sleepers.

Maybe someone can varify this. Please dont believe me till its verified inshaAllah.

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-22-2006, 06:57 PM

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said:

“As for the animals, they will all be gathered by Allaah, as is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered’

[al-An’aam 6:38]

‘And when the wild beasts are gathered together’

[al-Takweer 81:5]

And among His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them both. And He is All-Potent over their assembling (i.e. resurrecting them on the Day of Resurrection after their death, and dispersion of their bodies) whenever He wills'

[al-Shoora 42:29]

The word idha (translated here as when or whenever) refers to something that will inevitably come to pass. And there are many well known ahaadeeth on this topic. On the Day of Resurrection Allaah will gather the animals, and the scores among them will be settled. Then it will be said to them,“Be dust!” and they will become dust. At that point the kaafir will say, “Would that I were dust!” (al-Naba’ 72:40 – interpretation of the meaning). Whoever says that they will not be brought back to life is making a serious mistake, indeed he is misguided or is a kaafir. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/248

Ahmad (20534) narrated from Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting, and two sheep locked horns, and one of them butted the other and defeated it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled, and it was said to him, “Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Because of the sheep. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it will settle its score with the other on the Day of Resurrection.”

Ahmad Shaakir said, its isnaad is hasan and unbroken.

Muslim (2582) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All rights will be restored on the Day of Resurrection, until even the hornless sheep will settle its score with the one that has horns.”

Al-Nawawi said:

This clearly indicates that the animals will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection, and that they will be brought back to life like human beings who are accountable, and like children and the insane and those who were not reached by the call of Islam. This is what is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the wild beasts are gathered together”

[al-Takweer 81:5]

- Qatada -
07-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Question :

Will there be animals in Al-Jannat?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

The animals that will be in Paradise according to the reports are of three types:

1 – Specific animals which it is said will themselves be in Paradise, such as the dog of the people of the Cave and the she-camel of Saalih (peace be upon him). There are no saheeh reports concerning them.

2 – Those which are mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, which Allaah has prepared for the believers in Paradise, whether they are mentioned in specific terms, such as the birds of which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And with the flesh of fowls that they desire”[al-Waaqi’ah 56:21]

or mentioned in general terms, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire”[al-Toor 52:22]

Another example is the bull which Allaah has prepared as food for the people of Paradise, as was narrated from Thawbaan the freed slave of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “I was standing by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when one of the Jewish rabbis came and said, ‘Peace be upon you, O Muhammad,’ and I pushed him back so hard that he nearly fell over… He (the Jew) said: ‘What would be their food after this?’ He (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: ‘A bull which was fed in the different quarters of Paradise would be slaughtered for them’…” Narrated by Muslim, 315.

3 – Those animals which have been specifically mentioned in the saheeh Sunnah, which will be in Paradise. These include:

(a) It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray in the sheep pens and wipe their dust (raghaam), for they are among the animals of Paradise.”

Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 2/449; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3789.

Raghaam means dust (as translated here). The word has also been narrated as ra’aam, which refers to the mucus that comes from the sheep’s nose. What is meant is to wipe the dust from it, or wipe away what comes from its nose, so as to look after it and take care of it. This was the view of al-Manaawi in Fayd al-Qadeer.

(b) It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: A man brought a bridled she-camel and said, “This is for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will have seven hundred she-camels in return on the Day of Resurrection, each of them bridled.” Narrated by Muslim, 1892.

Al-Nawawi said: What is meant by makhtoomah (bridled) is that it has a khitaam (bridle) on it, which is like a halter. And it was said that that it may be understood as meaning that he will have the reward of giving seven hundred she-camels, or it may be understood as it appears to be, and that he will have seven hundred she-camels in Paradise, each of them bridled, and he will be able to ride them wherever he wants, for pleasure, as was narrated concerning the horses and camels (nujab) of Paradise. This interpretation is more clear. And Allaah knows best.

Sharh al-Nawawi, 13/38.

The ahaadeeth about the camels and horses to which al-Nawawi referred are as follows

(a) It was narrated from Abu Ayyoob that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will visit one another on white camels as if they are rubies, and there are no animals in Paradise apart from camels and birds.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 4/179.

Al-Haythami said: This was narrated by al-Tabaraani. Its isnaad includes Jaabir ibn Nooh who is da’eef (weak). Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 10/413. It was also classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Jaami’, 1833.

(b) It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn Buraydah from his father that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be horses in Paradise?” He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will not wish that you could be carried on a horse of red rubies which will fly wherever you want in Paradise, but that will happen.” And another man asked him, “O Messenger of Allaah, will there be camels in Paradise?” but he did not say something like he had said to his companion. He said, “If Allaah admits you to Paradise, you will have therein whatever your heart desires and will delight your eyes.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2543. Classd as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 3/522.

A similar report was also narrated by Abu Ayyoob from al-Tirmidhi, 2544; and also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, 3/423.

And it was narrated in saheeh ahaadeeth that the souls of the martyrs are in the crops of birds in Paradise which fly wherever they want.

It should be noted that the birds, horses and camels in Paradise are not the same as those in this world; they resemble them in name only. What they are really like is known only to Allaah. But we know that they are extremely beautiful, because they are one of the delights that Allaah has prepared for His close friends in Paradise. This was indicated by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth quoted above, in which it says that the horses of Paradise are of red rubies, and will fly with their rider wherever he wants.

We ask Allaah to bless us and admit us to Paradise by His mercy, for He is the Most Generous.

islam Q&A

- Qatada -
07-22-2006, 07:00 PM
source: http://www.uponsunnah.com/showthread...hlight=animals

:wasalamex

IceQueen~
07-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Masha Allah, Jazakallah Khair for that brother..
(May Allah increase you in beneficial knowledge, Amin)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Ameen! He shocks me everytime, EVERYTIME,

fi-sab :rock:

IceQueen~
07-22-2006, 07:37 PM
yes Masha Allah i hope Allah gives the rest of us knowledge too insha allah, Amin.

Rabi'ya
07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
mashAllah bro.

thanks for the info...

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

_salam_
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
I guess my main concern is that my pets/best friends/children will not be in paradise. The aforementioned evidence doesn't really deal with personal pets. I feel that my pets are only here to please Allah, while also enriching humans' lives. Therefore, I believe they should be going to paradise before the humans.

SirZubair
07-22-2006, 09:06 PM
:sl:

Good questions.

Allhumdulilah.

Now lets worry about ourselves,lets try to find a way to Jannah ourselves... ;)

Wa'salaam.

mlsh27
07-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Salam,
I can not focus on getting to Jannah if I do not know this...this can definitely make or break it for me. By the way, I posted the message under _salam_...i forgot my husband was logged on.

- Qatada -
07-23-2006, 11:52 AM

masha'Allaah! may Allaah azawajal bless your marriage. Brother _salam_ never told us about it..

_salam_
07-23-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

masha'Allaah! may Allaah azawajal bless your marriage. Brother _salam_ never told us about it..

Sorry....:hiding: I did make some brief mentions in a couple of threads about how I was planning on getting married, however it was quite some time ago.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.