/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kissing thumb nails & Rubbing Eyelids

thahira
07-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Salam to :brother: & :sister:

My question here is whether you have notice that some muslims kiss the nails of their thumbs and rub them on their eyelids while hearing the Prophets (PBUH) name during the Adhan. Is it permissible to do such act if there is?

Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-20-2006, 03:23 AM
that's a freaky deed lol
no evidence and definately not a sunnah, it's a silly thing that Allah didn't command us to do.

salams

Eddi
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thahira
Salam to :brother: & :sister:

My question here is whether you have notice that some muslims kiss the nails of their thumbs and rub them on their eyelids while hearing the Prophets (PBUH) name during the Adhan. Is it permissible to do such act if there is?

Wassalam
:sl:
I heard that they kiss their thumbs and rub their eyes any time they hear the Prophet's SAW name. But they do not do that in prayer they do it outside of prayer. They probably know that it is not part of Sunnah.

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 09:07 AM
do they do it when they wake up? maybe they kiss their thumbs to wetten it and then rub their eyes as an alternative way to wash their faces in the morning....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Hmm interesting...I've seen lots of people do this... so its definitely bid'ah then?

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 09:12 AM
yeh im reeeally sure of that, no basis deffo.

thahira
07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eddi
I heard that they kiss their thumbs and rub their eyes any time they hear the Prophet's SAW name. But they do not do that in prayer they do it outside of prayer. They probably know that it is not part of Sunnah.
Yes I agree that they only do it when they hear the Prophet's name (PBUH) in the Adhan not during prayers. But still I could not get the answer why. There must be some reason to do it or is it stated any where in the hadith?
AS after reading it i have not got any reasons.

wassalam

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 04:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

it's an inovation..and Allah knows best!! :peace:

maram
07-20-2006, 04:26 PM
yes it is really a bid,ah

H4RUN
07-20-2006, 05:14 PM
i havn't got the quotes or quotes with me at the mo, but i read/heard [in a nut shell] Sayiddna Adam [as] wanted to witness the nur [light] of Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the same nur which everything is created from, this was the nur that was given by none other than Allah swt.....
So he asked 2 see this Nur of the person who was yet to come but his name existed along side Allah's in the heavens rather than his, after all he was the first human....
So Allah swt answered his request, the nur was going through the back of Sayiddna Adam [as] but he could not see it. so again he requested to see it....now the nur was shining through his forehead, so agan he couldn't see. He asked again, and he was told to put out his hand, and his shahada finger, fore finger?....he did so.....and the nur was reflected on tho his finger, and upon seeing this, he kissed his thumbs and rubbed his eyes...hence you can call it a sunnah of Adam [as]
There is another and i believe it is when hadhrat Bilal heard the adhan he did the same action, and the Prophet mentioned that he liked this action? ....
well people can claim that these hadith's are weak, and others use this as an arguement....
final words...Allahu-alim, Allah knows best.:)
thats my 2p worth
ma'salama
:w:

thahira
07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
i havn't got the quotes or quotes with me at the mo, but i read/heard [in a nut shell] Sayiddna Adam [as] wanted to witness the nur [light] of Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the same nur which everything is created from, this was the nur that was given by none other than Allah swt.....
So he asked 2 see this Nur of the person who was yet to come but his name existed along side Allah's in the heavens rather than his, after all he was the first human....
So Allah swt answered his request, the nur was going through the back of Sayiddna Adam [as] but he could not see it. so again he requested to see it....now the nur was shining through his forehead, so agan he couldn't see. He asked again, and he was told to put out his hand, and his shahada finger, fore finger?....he did so.....and the nur was reflected on tho his finger, and upon seeing this, he kissed his thumbs and rubbed his eyes...hence you can call it a sunnah of Adam [as]
There is another and i believe it is when hadhrat Bilal heard the adhan he did the same action, and the Prophet mentioned that he liked this action? ....
well people can claim that these hadith's are weak, and others use this as an arguement....
final words...Allahu-alim, Allah knows best.:)
thats my 2p worth
ma'salama
:w:
Salam

Thank bro for your kind explanations. May Allah s.w.t bless you.

Wassalam

chacha_jalebi
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
salaam

the reason y ppl do this is because, once RasoolAllah (saw) was comin into the mosque & Abu Bakr (ra) saw his reflection in his thumb nails & he kissed the reflection, because he saw RasoolAllah (saw), so he kissed his thumb nails HOWEVER .... he only kissed his thumbnaisl on dis 1 occasion he dint do it afta dis, he only did it wen he saw RasoolAllah (saw)reflection in dem & nowadays we dont see RasoolAllah (saw) reflection in our thumbnails unfortunately ... so 2 do it nowadays is biddah & dumb :D :p :p

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
lol that's cute mashalha heheh.. can u tell me where the hadith is located? :)

manaal
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I have seen people in my country put theirthumb and forefinger together, kiss it and touch their nose with it when they say "sal-lallahu-aleihi-was-sallam" upon hearing prophet muhammad (PBUH)'s name.
I never did it cos it look so dumb when they do :giggling: . And my mum says she's never seen the Arabs do it, so it can't be a sunnah.

------
07-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Whatever the arabs do doesn't mean its a sunnah, some arabs drink. Alcohol.

Dawud_uk
07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

from speaking to the scholars and students of knowledge, all the narrations about this are either weak or fabricated. the one regarding adam is a nortorious example and many scholars say it is fabricated.

a local brailwee alim was basically told to leave the masjid he was teaching at for speaking out over this issue and others and asking people not to commit innovations but the people preferred to continue their cultural innovations,

may Allah guide them but this is a serious matter that they would prefer to follow innovation over the sunnah. it is really sad that such people would do this.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

sevgi
07-21-2006, 11:43 AM
neva heard of it or seen it...seems like a traditional custom of some sort...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.