/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is takbeer

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 03:48 AM
salam alaikum

i am reading about the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam and how he prayed and it said he would face the qiblah and then give takbeer ? i am still not to familiar with islamic terms

so my question is what is takbeer, is it a saying, or an action

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vaseline
07-20-2006, 03:51 AM
after the adhaan is given, and when everyone has assembled for prayer, the takbeer is given before the Imam starts the prayer. It is said the exact same way as the adhaan except the voice is much lower, like you're talking to people normally.

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaseline
after the adhaan is given, and when everyone has assembled for prayer, the takbeer is given before the Imam starts the prayer. It is said the exact same way as the adhaan except the voice is much lower, like you're talking to people normally.

so is the adhaan, is that what's been said or like what is being recitied

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetbanana86
salam alaikum

i am reading about the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam and how he prayed and it said he would face the qiblah and then give takbeer ? i am still not to familiar with islamic terms

Takbeer is a sayin..."Alahu Akbar" is the first thing u do when u start prayin and the last is the "Tasliim":D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaseline
07-20-2006, 03:56 AM
so is the adhaan, is that what's been said or like what is being recitied
If I am understanding you correctly, I think recited would be a much nicer form to put it in.

Re: Munirah

That is correct, but in the context of her question, I think it's just reciting the actual takbeer before prayer stars.

Wait.

Actually, no.

Aargh!

Ok sweetbanana86, now, can you just type a summary of what you just read. What Munirah said is correct also. Except hers is being said. Unless I'm getting my terms mixed up :X :hiding:

Vaseline
07-20-2006, 03:59 AM
I think I just confused everyone...

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 04:01 AM
I think I just confused everyone...

uhmmm.....what did yah say Takbeer was again? I didn't understand yah correctly I guess:? :?

Vaseline
07-20-2006, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
uhmmm.....what did yah say Takbeer was again? I didn't understand yah correctly I guess:? :?
You know how before prayer, in the adhaan, they say:

Allah Akbar Allah Akbar
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar
Ash Haddu Wal La Ilaha Illallah....etc etc

And then they repeat it again, just before prayer starts but in a more lower voice? I think it's also called qat qamati or something like that, I don't know but my dad has always referred to it as the takbeer and one of my uncles refer to it as qat qamati

:X :hiding: :? :rollseyes

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 04:08 AM
okay now i have never said the adhann when i prayed becuz i was told sisters didn't have to say it but Allah akbar is something i do say,so i will go with that takbeer is aka saying Allah akbar okay thank you for the help, may allah bless you both

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 04:08 AM
You know how before prayer, in the adhaan, they say:

Allah Akbar Allah Akbar
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar
Ash Haddu Wal La Ilaha Illallah....etc etc

And then they repeat it again, just before prayer starts but in a more lower voice? I think it's also called qat qamati or something like that, I don't know but my dad has always referred to it as the takbeer and one of my uncles refer to it as qat qamati

:X :hiding: :? :rollseyes

nah sister that is not called Takbeer. Takbeer is simply first step to enter a prayer.....You should raise your hands with the takbeer. Then you should place your right arm on you left arm and place it overy our chest. Saying "Allahu Akbar" meanin "Allah is great".....
I know sis sometimes it is confussing.

Vaseline
07-20-2006, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
nah sister that is not called Takbeer. Takbeer is simply first step to enter a prayer.....You should raise your hands with the takbeer. Then you should place your right arm on you left arm and place it overy our chest. Saying "Allahu Akbar" meanin "Allah is great".....
I know sis sometimes it is confussing.
What is that called? :?

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 04:36 AM
What is that called? :?
u mean the Adhan and the Aqiim.....the only thing that is recided before the prayer is the Adhan and the Aqiim......n it is said loudly. but I don't know what the "qat qamati" is.....perhaps we should ask a more knowlegeable person.

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 04:38 AM
I guess u mean the Aqiim...

Vaseline
07-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Yes, thanks sis :)

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 06:46 AM
salam alaikum
salam sis can u quote the passage you read so we can understand what is being referred to?

1. Before the prayer there is Adhaan, which is what Vaseline quoted (she didn tquote the whoel thing).

2. Then there is Iqamah

3. And to begin the actual prayer, the Imam makes takbeer, which is, you raise your hands to your ears and say say "Allahu Akbar" and then place your hands in the position for prayer when you stand up. So it is action+saying.

I'm guessing point 3 is wat u where referring to. The confusion arose because in all 3 actions mentioned ther eis takbeer (literally takbeer means saying 'Allahu Akbar', which is done in adhan, iqamah, and the "actual" prayer takbeer).
take care salams

MUNIRAH
07-20-2006, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salam sis can u quote the passage you read so we can understand what is being referred to?

1. Before the prayer there is Adhaan, which is what Vaseline quoted (she didn tquote the whoel thing).

2. Then there is Iqamah

3. And to begin the actual prayer, the Imam makes takbeer, which is, you raise your hands to your ears and say say "Allahu Akbar" and then place your hands in the position for prayer when you stand up. So it is action+saying.

I'm guessing point 3 is wat u where referring to. The confusion arose because in all 3 actions mentioned ther eis takbeer (literally takbeer means saying 'Allahu Akbar', which is done in adhan, iqamah, and the "actual" prayer takbeer).
take care salams

Thankx 4 clariffyin things up:D .....:thankyou: :thankyou:
take care.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:57 PM
i jus felt like i need to say:

Allahu Akbar

Allah is Great

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.