/* */

PDA

View Full Version : proper way of bathing

Brother_Mujahid
03-21-2005, 11:34 AM
i thought id share some notes i made from islamic classes with the rest of you, hope its not something new. part 1 of 3........

Part 1:Rulings of ghusl
Hadath akhbar is either

1.janabah (wet dream, sleeping with wife, ejaculating)
2. haid – menses every month for a woman
3.nifas (bleeding after child birth – post natal bleeding)

ghusl is used to make taharah from hadath akhbar, it is bathing your entire body in a certain way.
Proof is Allah says In surah maidah “And if you are junub then purify yourselves”This was also practiced by the people of quraysh in the times of jahiliyah and was the sunnah of prophet ibrahim (as)

There are 6 things which obligate the ghusl
1. ejaculation of semen this may happen while a person is awake or asleep if he is awake and it is based upon sensation and enjoyment. If a person does not feel enjoyment such as the case with a sick person then he does not have to make ghusl. If it comes out while you are sleeping then he should make ghusl whether he enjoys it or not. If a person wakes up and does not find any traces he does not have to make ghusl.

2. if a man enters his wife then husband and wife need to make ghusl even if there was no ejaculation of semen.

3. when a kafir becomes a muslim, because the prophet (saw) commanded some of those who became muslim to perform ghusl. But is not obligatory it is mustahab (preferred)

4. death it is obligatory to wash the dead except the shaheed on the battlefield.

5. haid – menses every month for a woman.

6. nifas – post natal bleeding

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
part 2 :the description of ghusl

• That he intends it with his heart
    Then he says bismillah washes his hands 3 times then washes his private parts.
    Then do normal wudu, leaving out the feet
    Then he pours water over his head 3 times and soaks the roots of his hair
    Then he washes his entire body, and rubs his skin to make sure the water reaches it properly and washes his feet.

As for the woman in nifas (post natal bleeding) she must untie her hair but, if the ghusl of janabah then you must ensure the root hairs are soaked.

Make sure the roots of the hair are reached properly and all folds in skin such as the neck, armpits, belly button, and behind the knees. If he is wearing a ring or watch he must remove it so the water reaches it.

He must ensure that every part of skin and hair is washed. Must ensure that one does not waste water. The prophet made wudu with one mudd (water that fills both hands when put together) and ghusl with 5 mudd.

A person must ensure he is in complete privacy.

The ghusl is a trust from the trusts between the slave and his lord. A person must protect this trust.

On a final note people should not be shy to ask about these issues.

part 3 to follow shortly.......

Brother_Mujahid
03-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Part 3: What is prohibited on the muhdith (state of impurity)

Hadath asgar ( eg urine, faeces, passing wind)
Hadath akhbar (eg wet dream, menses, excreting semen)
Janabah = state of hadath akhbar

The following are actions prohibited for the muhdith of hadath asgar and akhbar.
1. Touching the quran because Allah says in surah waqiyah “which none can touch (quran) except the purified” ibn Taymiyyah said “it is the view of the four madhabs”. You can touch the Qur’an if it is covered in a case or by a cloth without directly touching it you can turn its pages using a tool like a pencil.

2. Praying – you cant pray fard or nawafil without wudu. As long as you are able to make wudu. If somebody forgets to do wudu and remembers after salah then he must repeat his salah.

3. Tawaf – as the prophet (saw) said: “the tawaf around the house (kabah) is like the salah except Allah (swt) has permitted talking in it”. The prophet would always make wudu before tawaf.

Actions specifically prohibited upon the muhdith of hadath akhbar
1. Reciting quran –because ali (ra) reports “nothing used to prevent him from reading the quran except janabah” there is no problem in saying dhikr from the quran as long as you don’t intend to recite the quran. Because Aisha (ra) reports that the prophet (saw) used to remember Allah at all times.

2. It is prohibited upon the muhdith to stay in the masjid without wudu. But, when he does wudu he can stay. A person in hadath akhbar can pass through the masjid.

WomanOfJihad
03-21-2005, 11:09 PM
:sl:

SubhanAlah..

This should be helpful for everyone Especially those who are new to Islam they may want to know this Mathla Mathaail inshAllah ..

JazaKAllahu KHairan bro

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
03-22-2005, 11:50 AM

May Allah reward you brother

From part 2
you wrote :

That he intends it with his heart
Then he says bismillah washes his hands 3 times then washes his private parts.
Then do normal wudu
Then he pours water over his head 3 times and soaks the roots of his hair
Then he washes his entire body, and rubs his skin to make sure the water reaches it properly.

That bit that is in bold...agree but when performing ghusl, one should make normal wudu BUT shouldn't wash the feet. After making normal wudu (but leaving the feet out) one should make ghusl and then wash the feet.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Umm Yoosuf
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Masha Allah shaykh ibn Fawzaan.....is there any chance that the book might be translated in English?

Halima
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
:sl: I take it that you mean Wu'du? because if I am not mistakin, Ghusl is only used for sexual intercourse and after a woman's menstration.Whilst Wu'du is for puricfication of the body prior to prayers. However, there it is sunnah to do Ghusl before doing EID prayers in adherence to completely cleansing the body for the Al-Mighty. See take a look:

Ghusl (Bathing)

A state of major impurity results from actions like sexual intercourse or sexual discharge for both men and women. A person in such a state much perform ghusl (bathing) before praying Salah or reading the Qur’an. Women also have to perform ghusl after their menstrual periods and postpartum bleeding.

Wu'du for the regular prayers:

The Model Wudu

One of the primary uses of pure water is for wudu. Although not included in the original text, below is a step by step listing, in order, of a proper wudu.

1) The individual should begin by facing the Qiblah (mustahab).

2) Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim is recited and an intention made (sunnah). The intention can be, for example, "I intend to perform wudu to purify myself according to the command of Allah (swt) and with His name."

3) Next the hands are washed to the wrists three times (sunnah).

4) Then, the mouth is rinsed to the back of the throat three times. If a tooth-stick is available it should be used at this time, otherwise, use of the fingers or a cloth to slightly brush the teeth and gums will also suffice (sunnah).

5) Then, the nasal passages are washed to the soft bone three times (sunnah). For this act, as well as rinsing the mouth, water should be placed in the nasal passages with the right hand and removed with the left.

6) Next, the face is washed three times (once is fard, three times is sunnah). The face is defined as the area between the forehead and the chin and between the two earlobes. If an individual has a thick beard its outer surface must be washed in place of its underlying skin.

7) Next, the right hand is washed including the elbow thee times (once is fard, three is sunnah) and then the left hand including the elbow is washed three times (once is fard, three is sunnah). While washing each hand, interspersing the fingers of the opposite hand between the fingers of the hand being washed is sunnah. Also any object which prohibits water from reaching the skin/nails, for example nail polish, a ring, or a watch, must be removed.

8) Wet both hands once. Use the inner surface of the middle, ring, and small finger to wipe the head from the front to the back. Then take the palm and coming from the back of head to the front wipe the sides of the head. Finally take the thumb and the index finger to wipe the inner (using the index finger) and outer surfaces of the ears (using the thumb).

9) Without wetting the hand, take the back of the both hands and wipe the back of the neck. The throat should not be wiped. This, together with step eight, allows for completion of several of the steps of wudu while economizing water.

10) Wash the right foot including the ankles three times (once is fard, three is sunnah). Then wash the left foot including the ankles three times (once is fard, three is sunnah). Interspersing the left pinky between the toes is sunnah.

11) Recite the following supplication as prescribed by the Prophet (saw):

I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, alone, without a partner, and I testify that Muhammad (saw) is His servant and Messenger.

O Allah, make me from among the oft repenting and make me from the pure.

12) Pray two rak'ah to greet the wudu

jitty
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Whats wrong with just having a shower? Why all these procedures? The whole point is to clean yourself, do you really need a book of rules to do that?

Muezzin
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jitty
Whats wrong with just having a shower? Why all these procedures? The whole point is to clean yourself, do you really need a book of rules to do that?
You could have a shower five times a day, but it'd a bit impractical don't you think? :p Wudhu is so much faster. And if you're doing something, do it right. :)

MetSudaisTwice
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
salam
yep i agree with you bro
wasalam

mmc
11-29-2005, 02:16 PM
hey but how do you do ghusul for eid prayers?

ws

jitty
11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You could have a shower five times a day, but it'd a bit impractical don't you think? :p Wudhu is so much faster. And if you're doing something, do it right. :)

Ok if having a shower 5 times a day is impractical thenso is following all the steps to do a wudu. Why not just use your hands to clean the various parts of the body using water from a tap.

Why have all these procedures to show you how to clean yourself?

Abu Zakariya
11-29-2005, 02:42 PM
jitty

Why not just use your hands to clean the various parts of the body using water from a tap.

That's what you do. Only in a particular order.

jitty
11-29-2005, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
jitty

Why not just use your hands to clean the various parts of the body using water from a tap.

That's what you do. Only in a particular order.
Yes by why that particualar order? Isnt it good enough just to be clean? Whats with this special order?

TEH
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
The order is Sunnah, sunnah is the way of the Prophet, if we follow the sunnah, we get good deeds...

Why pass out on a chance of deeds???

:)

Snowflake
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jitty
Yes by why that particualar order? Isnt it good enough just to be clean? Whats with this special order?

Umm well, maybe it's in a particular order so that u remember to wash all the appropriate parts. I know with my memory If I could wash any way, I'd prob forget to wash one thing or another. So the sequence is good. And it makes sense to wash the dirtiest part last. If people got smelly feet or athletes foot etc etc, I'm sure they wouldn't wanna wash their feet then wash their face after they rubbed between their toes. Yukkk!!!

:coolsis:

jawanazam
12-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Allah is All wise and his wisdom extends all time and space as Allah says:

" Praise be to Allah unto Whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and in the earth. His praise is in the Hereafter, and He is the Wise, the Aware" Quran S-34.a-1

The beloved Prophet Muhammad(saw) was our teacher and has shown us how to perform our duties in alignment with Allahs commandments and omniscience. Allah says:

" Verily in the messenger ye have a good example for him who looketh to Allah and the last Day, and remembereth Allah much" Quran S-33.a-21.

Volumn 001, Book 004, Hadith Number 142.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Ata' bin Yasar : Ibn 'Abbas performed ablution and washed his face (in the following way): He ladled out a handful of water, rinsed his mouth and washed his nose with it by putting in water and then blowing it out. He then, took another handful (of water) and did like this (gesturing) joining both hands, and washed his face, took another handful of water and washed his right forearm. He again took another handful of water and washed his left forearm, and passed wet hands over his head and took another handful of water and poured it over his right foot (up to his ankles) and washed it thoroughly and similarly took another handful of water and washed thoroughly his left foot (up to the ankles) and said, "I saw Allah's Apostle performing ablution in this way."

This response is in regards to the order of the wudu. I used to think the same thing " why the order?" soon I realized what Im actually doing is transferring any impurities away from my body in a very logical fashion. consider that ones feet are perhaps the most soiled part of the body(sweat,grit,etc..) and ones head generally the cleanest. would one feel comfortable touching ones head immediately after washing feet?(and how much water would one waste rinsining hands b4 touching head) Although hands are constantly interracting with the environment and could well be the dirtiest part at times one does not even start washing the face untill hands are washed first. By making wudu in the way of the Prophet(saw) we are infact utilizing Allahs Wisdom, which is far more comprehensive than ours. Also keep in mind that right now one might have a plentiful supply of clean running water. What if the situation changed? Earthquake, Tsunami, Hurricane?

wasalam

Ra`eesah
12-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

I think the question was for ghusul and not wudu...

A brief summary of the requirements for the Ghusl follow.
1) The Muslim should make their intentions for purification, then wash the private parts.
2) Make wudu like the wudu done for prayer, then pour water on his right side, then the left side.
3) Water should be poured on his head, covering the entire body with water.
It is also reported in the sunnah that the washing the feet should be delayed until the end of the ghusl.

As is reported on the authority of A'ishah (May Allah be pleased with her) who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) when performing ghusl from janaba used to wash his hands, then wash his private parts with his left hand. After that he performed wudu like that for prayer. Next he took some water and ran his fingers in the roots of his hair until he used three handfuls of water on his head. He would then go on pouring water on the rest of his body and wash his legs. (It was reported by Muslim #479.) In the narration of Al-Bukhari it states that he (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) then turned aside and washed his legs.

The causes that make ghusl a must are:

The emission of semen, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "What requires water (ghusl) is if you see water (i.e., semen) coming out of you." (Reported by Muslim, no. 1/269)

Contact between the genitals, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If one part enters the other part (in another report: if one part touches the other part), then ghusl becomes obligatory." (Reported by Ahmad and Muslim, no. 526) This ghusl is obligatory whether or not fluid (semen) is released. "touching" here refers to the entry of the tip of the penis into the vagina, not mere touching.

Menstruation and nifaas (post-natal bleeding), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ". . . And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allaah has ordained for you. . ." [al-Baqarah 2:222]; and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Faatimah bint Hubaysh, may Allaah be pleased with her: "When your period starts, stop praying, and when your period ends, perform ghusl then start praying again." (Reported by al-Bukhari, Fath, 309)

Death: the dead - apart from a martyr slain in battle - must be washed (ghusl), because when his daughter Zaynab died, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Wash her with water three or five times, or as many times as you see fit" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 1175); and when a man who was in a state of ihraam was killed by his riding-beast, he said: "Wash him with water and lotus leaves and wrap him in his two garments, but do not embalm him or cover his head, for he will be raised on the Day of Resurrection pronouncing the Talbiyah." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1186)
There are other types of ghusl about which the scholars differed as to whether they are obligatory, such as performing ghusl on Fridays, or whether a person who becomes Muslim needs to perform ghusl upon entering the Faith.

There are types of ghusl which are encouraged, such as: ghusl on the two Eids; ghusl after washing a dead body; ghusl before entering the state of ihraam or entering Makkah; ghusl for a woman who is suffering from istihaadah (abnormal non-menstrual bleeding) before every prayer; ghusl after being unconscious; and ghusl after burying a mushrik. (Tamaam al-Minnah by al-Albaani, p. 120).

And Allaah knows best

Here is an lesson on Ghusul.

GHUSL 101.

GHUSL OR OBLIGATORY BATH

The Arabic term for bath is ghusl. This bath when taken is done with a specific niyyah or intention. It must be noted that the main principle is that the water must flow all over the body.

There are two kinds of ghusl and they are :

1. The Wajib Ghusl or Obligatory Bath.

The Sunnah Ghusl or Commendable Bath.

The Wajib Ghusl or Obligatory Bath

This ghusl is taken when any one of the following occurs :

1. After sexual intercourse.

Nifas.

Haidh.

Emission or secretion of mani (semen).

Death ( except for those who have died as martyrs in the cause of Allah).

The Sunnah Ghusl or Commendable Bath
This ghusl is taken :

1. For the performance of Jumaat (Friday) prayers.

For the performance of the two 'Id prayers.

For the Istisqaak, Khusuuf and Kusuuf prayers.

Before entering either Mecca or Madinah.

Before putting on the ihraam for the performance of Haj.

For the performance of the wuquuf at 'Arafah during Haj.

For the performance of the night-stay at Muzdalifah during Haj.

For the performance of tawaf and the sa'ie during Haj & Umrah.

Upon conversion to Islam.

After bathing a corpse.

Upon gaining consciousness from a faint or insanity.

Before the performance of the jamrah stone-throwing rite during Haj.
The hukum (law) for the ghusl we take daily is mubah (permissible). We would be rewarded if we make a conscious effort to intend in our hearts (niyyah) that we are taking the bath to keep ourselves clean since Allah loves those who are always in a clean and pure state.

The Fardh or Obligatory Acts of Ghusl

1. Niyyah or intention to state : Nawaitul raf'aal hadathil akbar lillahi ta'aala."
I intend to cleanse myself of the hadath akbar for Allah.

To get rid of the impurities from the body.

Water must flow over the whole body.

The Sunnah or Commendable Acts of Ghusl

1. Performing the wuduk before commencing the ghusl.

To say "Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim".

Scrub the body.

To run the fingers between the fingers, toes and hair.

To observe the muwaalaah - that is to perform the acts one after another without stopping in between the acts.

To clean the right sides before the left.

To perform the washing of each part three times.

myInspiration
01-15-2006, 12:22 PM
:sl: to all my :brother: & :sister:

i'm here to learn ... sorry if my Q is too basic for u guys :statisfie
i wanted to know more about how do we actually perform ghusl (ritual bath)
i've searched some fatwa from islamonline but couldn't get much info
here are the link : http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546948

my Q is ... can i just make niyyah to perform ghusl and then take shower as normal ? are there any restrictions emmmm places where we shouldn't touch while performing the bath (i mean private parts) ? can i use shower gel while ghusl ?

Ra`eesah
01-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

thread merged

To have your questions answerd, please read my posts. The post is short informative.

1. Niyah must be made. ( for a farth ghusl)
2. Touching of the private parts must be avoided till then end of the ghusl.
3. Yes you can use shower gel.

myInspiration
01-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Thx Ra`eesah ... i didn't know there was already a thread for ghusl, sorry :statisfie
emmm ... do i need to redo back my wajib ghusl if i touched the private parts during the shower ?

thanks ... i'm still learning.

Far7an
01-15-2006, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by myInspiration

Thx Ra`eesah ... i didn't know there was already a thread for ghusl, sorry :statisfie
emmm ... do i need to redo back my wajib ghusl if i touched the private parts during the shower ?

thanks ... i'm still learning.

The following is from the post above:

This ghusl is taken when any one of the following occurs :

1. After sexual intercourse.

2. Nifas.

3. Haidh.

4. Emission or secretion of mani (semen).

5. Death ( except for those who have died as martyrs in the cause of Allah).
As you can see, what you stated is not mentioned above.

aljawaad
02-15-2006, 09:48 AM
OCCASIONS FOR WHICH GHUSL IS PREFERRED

Ghusl is recommended in the following cases:
1. Before going to Juma'h (Friday congregational Prayer)
2. Before going to Eid Prayers (Muslim annual feast prayers).
3. Before undertaking Umrah or Hajj (Prilgrimage to Makkah).
4. Upon washing a corpse (According to many scholars, the performance of Ghusl is preferred for a person who washes a corpse)
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT OF GHUSL

Thee are two essential requirements which need to be fulfilled for Ghusl to be valid. These are as follows:
1. Intention to perform Ghusl is necessary because it is the dividing line between acts performed as a mere custom and deeds which are rewardable acts of worship. However, the intention is only by heart and need not be uttered.
2. The entire body should be washed. Water should reach and flow freely over every part of the body.

HOW GHUSL IS PERFORMED

Besides the above two essential requirements, there are also other voluntary acts recommended for ghusl. Both the essential and the voluntary acts are not integrated here below to demonstrate how the Prophet (PBUH) used to perform the Ghusl.
(a) Intend by heart to perform Ghusl.
(b) Wash both hands up to the writs for three times.
(c) Wash the sex organs properly.
(d) Perform Wudhu as usual (in the manner already discussed) except, that the washing of the feet would be delayed until later when all the rest of the body is bathed.
(e) Pour water over the head three times, massaging the hair to allow water to reach its roots.
(f) Pour water liberally over the entire body, beginning with the right side and then the left side ensuring that no part of the body is untouched by water such as the armpits, inside the earlobes, inside the navel, between the fingers and toes, etc.
(g) Finally, move a little further from where you were and wash your feet, beginning with your right foot and then, the left.
Notes:
1. A woman will perform Ghusl just as a man does, except, that if she has plaited hair, she need not undo it. She only needs to throw three handfuls of water over her head.
2. The person may after completing the Ghusl recite the supplication for concluding Ghusl which should be recited outside the toilet/bathroom and which is the same as the one recited after completing Wudhu.
ACTS FORBIDDEN TO PERSONS WHO ARE REQUIRED TO PERFORM GHUSL

Persons requiring to perform Ghusl are forbidden to undertake certain acts. These are as follows:
1. Any type of prayer whether obligatory or voluntary.
2. Circumambulating the ka'abah (Tawaf)
3. Touching or carrying the Holy Qur'an. However, the prohiibition does not apply to other books which contain Qur'anic passages such as commentaries of the Holy Qur'an or works of Islamic jurisprudence.
4. Reciting the Holy Qur'an.
5. Staying inside the Mosque.

MENSTRUATION (HAIDH)
This refers to the periodical discharge of blood by women in the state of health and is easily distinguishable to women from post-childbirth bleeding.

POST CHILDBIRTH BLEEDING (NIFAS)
Such bleeding usually occurs to women after childbirth and may continue without fixed duration, although in some cases, there may not occur bleeding at all. However, on the strength of the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH), a woman experiencing post-childbirth bleeding has a maximum confinement period of about forty days (40 days) after which, she is required to make Ghusl and commence her Islamic duties. If, however, the blood does not cease after 40 days, most scholars are of the opinion that the woman should continue with her regular Islamic duties.
ACTS FORBIDDEN TO WOMEN EXPERIENCING MENSTRUATION AND POST CHILDBIRTH BLEEDING
1. All acts mentioned hereinbefore, as forbidden to persons requiring Ghusl are prohibited to women experiencing menstruation and post childbirth bleeding.
2. A woman cannot engage in a sexual intercourse.
The companions of the Prophet (PHBU), asked him about this and "Allah(SWT)" revealed the following Qur'anic verse:
"THEY ASK THEE CONCERNING WOMEN'S COURSES. SAY: THEY ARE A HURT AND A POLLUTION: SO KEEP AWAY FROM WOMEN AN THEIR COURSES, AND DO NOT APPROACH THEM UNTIL THEY ARE CLEAN.....
(Qur'an2:22)
However, all scholars are the opinion that a husband may touch any part of his wife's body above the navel and/or below the knees. This fact, is based on the confirmations of the Prophet's wives, that when the Prophet(PHBU) wished to be with them during their periods, they would put something over their private parts.

Omar Khalil
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Assalamu-Alakium
Can someone tell me the proper "sunna" way to take a Ghusl bath? I have heard of so many ways, I'm not sure.

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Salam alaikum i heard someone mention that there is a proper way to bathe and i was wondering, if anyone know if that is true and if so what is the proper method of bathing

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 04:12 AM
U mean ghusl? if so then here u go: http://www.markazulmaarif.org/ebooks...slam/part4.htm

salams

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Marsh'allah i was reading the passage over when i came across HAKMI NAJAASAT' what is this

lolwatever
07-20-2006, 04:24 AM
in correct arabic it is 'hukm an-najaasaat' which means 'ruling of impurities'.

i only quoted u that website coz i know its sourcing from an authentic hadith in bulugh maram... in the chapter of purity. but im not sure about autheticity of other things it discusses there... the steps on how 2 do ghusl is definately authetni coz i read it from the book i mentioned

salam

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
That site has benefited me greatly akhee, JazakAllah khair, i thought i'd just highlight:

Faraa'idh
(Compulsory Acts)
of GHUSL

THERE ARE THREE FARZ IN GHUSL
  1. Passing water into and out of the mouth, i.e. GARGLING.
  2. Putting water into the NOSTRILS.
  3. Passing water over the entire body.

THERE ARE FIVE SUNNATS IN GHUSL
  1. Washing hands upto the wrists.
  2. Washing the private parts and the parts over which uncleanliness is found:
  3. Niyyat of washing off Hukmi Najaasat.
  4. Making Wudhu before washing the body.
  5. Then passing water cover the whole body thrice.

Rules Whilst Making Ghusl
  1. Ghusl should be made in a place of total privacy.
  2. One should not face the Qibla whilst making Ghusl.
  3. Ghusl may he performed standing or seated, preferably seated.
  4. Use sufficient water. Do not skimp nor be wasteful
  5. Abstain from speaking whilst performing Ghusl.
  6. It is better not to read any Kalimah or Aayah while bathing. Before performing Ghusl one should make
  7. Niyyah (intention) thus:
  8. I am performing Ghusl to become PAAK.
  9. Without Niyyah there is no SAWAAB (reward) although Ghusl will be valid.

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2007, 06:18 AM

are there any supplications to say before having a shower? :? (im not talking specifically about ghusl... just shower in general)

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2007, 12:17 PM

i dont think so, as i have never heard of it.As far as i know, there is no dua before shower( either its specific or general). The only dua that we know from the sunnah is the one, when we enter and leave the bathroom.

Before entering the toilet:
http://makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=6

After leaving the toilet:
http://makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=7

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.