/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating sweetcorn?

Ameeratul Layl
07-20-2006, 01:45 PM
:sl:

I hope you are well.

I (always) eat spaghetti (its my fav. food) and I always add sweetcorn to the sauce.

Is there any disadvantages of eating too sweetcorn?
What are the advantages?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
07-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Salam,

No one knows the answer. Oh come on...I eat sweetcorn everyday. I need to know whether the goodness over weighs the not so goodness.(if that makes any sense).

Wasalam

amirah_87
07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Allaahu a3lam Sis!!....i've only heard good about it!!!....not nothing bad!!

sweetbanana86
07-20-2006, 04:54 PM
sweetcorn makes you very antsy for answers and impatient:heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ameeratul Layl
07-20-2006, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetbanana86
sweetcorn makes you very antsy for answers and impatient:heated:

They do make me wonder alot, but they don't make me impatient.:D

Wasalam

786rani
07-20-2006, 10:33 PM
i heard if u drink water after eating loads u have the runs...
rani

Al-Hanbali
07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
i heard that sweetcorn......wait a sec.....or was a peas.....sorry i'm not sure but i heard that they dont digest and go straight through

limitless
07-20-2006, 10:48 PM

Pardon me, but What is sweetcorn?

Snowflake
07-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Hope this helps sis :sister:

Key benefits of sweetcorn
Sweetcorn is a good source of folate. It also helps protect against age-related macular degeneration and helps fight free radicals in the retina. It provides more starch and more calories than most vegetables. It is high in iron and potassium. It is also a good food for steadying blood sugar.

How much sweetcorn should you eat?
Sweetcorn is fairly high in calories. An average portion of 85g a day should be sufficient to derive the benefits from sweetcorn.

Maximising the benefits of sweetcorn
Zeaxanthin is best absorbed by the body when eaten together with some fat. Baby sweetcorn is high in folate, which can be destroyed by lengthy cooking.

Nutritional values of sweetcorn
Calories 111
Fibre 2,2g
Folate 34mcg
Potassium 240mg
Per 100g baked

Source:http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/He...-18-20-162.asp

Looking4Peace
07-27-2006, 04:29 PM
umm isnt corn corn, just variations in colors? whats this sweetcorn, i eat corn and even eatened much blue corn in the southwest but never heard the name sweet before

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 05:21 PM
I think in moderation sweetcorn is fine. It is composed of sugars which convert to starches a few days after being picked. I think eating sweetcorn in excess could be harmful. It would be similar to eating a lot of potatoes or any other high starch food.

Ameeratul Layl
07-27-2006, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis

Hope this helps sis :sister:

Key benefits of sweetcorn
Sweetcorn is a good source of folate. It also helps protect against age-related macular degeneration and helps fight free radicals in the retina. It provides more starch and more calories than most vegetables. It is high in iron and potassium. It is also a good food for steadying blood sugar.
Salam,

Those little things can do so much. SubhanAllah.
And sister Muslimah, jazakAllah so much.

I am amazed!

Wasalam

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
umm isnt corn corn, just variations in colors? whats this sweetcorn, i eat corn and even eatened much blue corn in the southwest but never heard the name sweet before
All corn is edible. Sweet corn is raised for human consumption. It is sweet and tender. Field corn is raised for livestock consumption. It is tough and bland. If you drive throughout the Midwest and see cornfields, chances are that it's field corn and you don't want to eat it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.