/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ethical Shopping

Daffodil
07-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Asalaamu Alaikum WarahmatUllahi Wabarakatuhu,

It is strange that many disbelievers make a concious effort to try and avoid making unethical daily decisions such as: finance i.e. keep away from companies investing in armaments or countries with bad human rights records and shopping i.e. free trade, bodyshop etc.

Yet, we as Muslims do not seem to care what we buy, at the expense of our brothers and sisters in the wider Ummah. This is becoming much more critical with the recent events in the middle east and elsewhere.

Household names such as Marks & Spencer,McDonalds, Nokia, Nestle, Timberland, Tesco, Johnson & Johnson, River Island, Volvic, Coca-Cola and the list goes on.... are contributing vast sums of money to the zionist state of Israel and to the zionist cause worldwide, but yet we Muslims carry on buying things without giving a second thought.

I think we need to ask ourselves how we will justify spending our money on products/companies which are contributing to the spilling of Muslim blood and the destruction of the Ummah, to Allah on the day when we will be asked where we spent our money?

Remember...THE DECISION IS YOURS! and yes you do have an alternative as to what you put in your shopping trolley and your decision may mean that a Palestinian child has one more day to live.

Need proof?....

Britain

1) Sainsburys Supermarkets (including Savacentre). Proof: The London Jewish News (www.ljn.co.uk) weekly newspaper is distributed free at branches of Sainsburys in the UK. This is a Jewish newspaper that openly supports the Zionist regime in Israel. Why is a minority newspaper such as The London Jewish News distributed free in a supermarket whose customers are from all backgrounds, especially at a time when sentiments are running high due to the current crisis? Action required: Comprehensive boycott and e-mail a polite complaint about this newspaper by filling out the Contact Us form at www.sainsburys.co.uk. Please refrain from sending spam or abusive mail since the person reading the e-mail will, in most cases, be an ordinary employee, not a decision-maker.

2) Tesco Supermarkets. Proof: The London Jewish News (www.ljn.co.uk) weekly newspaper is distributed free at branches of Tescos in the UK. This is a Jewish newspaper that openly supports the Zionist regime in Israel. Why is a minority newspaper such as The London Jewish News distributed free in a supermarket whose customers are from all backgrounds, especially at a time when sentiments are running high due to the current crisis? Action required: Comprehensive boycott and e-mail a polite complaint about this newspaper to www.tesco.co.uk or customer.services@tesco.co.uk. Please refrain from sending spam or abusive mail since the person reading the e-mail will, in most cases, be an ordinary employee, not a decision-maker.

3) Marks and Spencer Stores. Proof: In a book written by Lord Marcus Sieff, titled Management - The Marks and Spencer Way, Sieff (once the chairman of Marks and Spencer) wrote that one of the objectives of Marks and Spencer was to aid the economic development of Israel. One of the founders of the IBBC (Israel - Britain Business Council) named Sir Richard Greenbury was Chairman of Marks and Spencer when the IBBC was formed in 1995 (www.marchland.com/ibbc/) Further information is also at (www.jrep.com/Business/Article-3.html). Action required: Comprehensive boycott.

Sister Yvonne Ridley got straight to the point when she commented that:

"With seemingly not a care in the world, many walked by drinking cans of fizzy drinks manufactured by Zionist-supporting companies, while others shopped in Zionist supporting Marks and Spencer or sat and drank coffee in Zionist-supporting Starbucks. What is wrong with these people? Don't they care that their brothers and sisters in Palestine are suffering 24/7 at the hands of the brutal Israeli army? Can't they see that stuffing money into the pockets of Zionists is obscene? Buying anything from a Zionist supporter is like firing a bullet in to the back of a Palestine child, and every drop of Zionist coke may as well be drops of Palestinian blood as far as I am concerned."

Please see attached file...it is a full list of boycotted goods (for a more recent list you can visit www.palestinecampaign.org or www.inminds.com)

Wasalaamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
07-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Hmmm, I'm not sure about boycotting entire countries because I don't know much about ISRAELI companies, and its hard to boycott the supplier; the United States, then I'd be boycotting everything I know and use, including my PC.

But, I have began boycotting specific companies and corporations...like, I will NEVER buy a diamond, and I will stay FAR from Nike products!

As for the rest, I'll get down to it!

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Also Proctor and Gamble is horrible along with Petco and Iams!!

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 02:57 PM
why proctor n gamble?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
07-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Something that has been confusing me alittle: Do you have any proof that profits are actually been given to the Zionist state of Israel or is it just that founders/chairmans/boardmembers of mentioned companies support the state of Israel which doesn't necessarily mean they are actually financially aiding them?

Ma'assalama

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 04:45 PM
if u bothered reading the post u will see that there are links which provide proof.

Fishman
07-26-2006, 04:49 PM
:sl:
Unfortunately it's impossible to legally boycot Israel in the West, because even part of your taxes indirectly go towards it.
:w:

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately it's impossible to legally boycot Israel in the West, because even part of your taxes indirectly go towards it.
exactly, they complain that we muslims are terrorists, yes i am a terrorist because my tax's go to mr blair to fund his terrorist acts on my muslims brothers and sisters so by funding his terrorist acts im supporting terrorism which sadly makes me a terrorist.

strider
07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
if u bothered reading the post u will see that there are links which provide proof.
Stop being so patronising. I read the post, and all the links pointed to were websites of the companies mentioned. They, if they are contributing money to the State of Israel, are unlikely to broadcast it for fear that people shall turn away, are they? So what if they have a pro-Zionist paper being distributed in their shops? It doesn't automatically mean they are actively sending money over or any other such aid to help keep the Israeli army on it's feet, does it? All i have as evidence that these companies are financially helping Israel is a sentence which says so, something which doesn't really account for much without solid proof that this is indeed the case.

I ask you politely, i am looking for proof that money is actually being given to fund the Israeli armies which are in turn terrorising innocent Palestinians and now Lebanese people too.

Ma'assalama

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Stop being so patronising. I read the post, and all the links pointed to were websites of the companies mentioned. They, if they are contributing money to the State of Israel, are unlikely to broadcast it for fear that people shall turn away, are they? So what if they have a pro-Zionist paper being distributed in their shops? It doesn't automatically mean they are actively sending money over or any other such aid to help keep the Israeli army on it's feet, does it? All i have as evidence that these companies are financially helping Israel is a sentence which says so, something which doesn't really account for much without solid proof that this is indeed the case.

I ask you politely, i am looking for proof that money is actually being given to fund the Israeli armies which are in turn terrorising innocent Palestinians and now Lebanese people too.

Ma'assalama
Im sorry i dnt actualy have video footage of the manager from sainsburys giving a big fat check to some zionist guy who has zionist written on his forehead or a photocopy of a cheque written by tescos saying "to zionist".

If u want solid proof for everything then i guess u dnt even believe that america n britain went to war with iraq for the oil because they havent sed it themselves, i guess u dnt believe all the suffering the muslims are going through in war torn countries because uve never been there to ask them urself n the media doesnt say anything about it. hmm if u want solid hard evidence as proof from primary sources then love ur living in a bubble. but if u insist....

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html

strider
07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Im sorry i dnt actualy have video footage of the manager from sainsburys giving a big fat check to some zionist guy who has zionist written on his forehead or a photocopy of a cheque written by tescos saying "to zionist".

If u want solid proof for everything then i guess u dnt even believe that america n britain went to war with iraq for the oil because they havent sed it themselves, i guess u dnt believe all the suffering the muslims are going through in war torn countries because uve never been there to ask them urself n the media doesnt say anything about it. hmm if u want solid hard evidence as proof from primary sources then love ur living in a bubble. but if u insist....

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.html
Stop being so pathetic, sister. You can't go around saying 'oi, because you support so and so you are also doing such and such' when in reality they might not have anything to do with it. There are plenty of racists walking around and just because one racist commits a racist murder, it doesn't go to say that all racists are murderers. I'm not living in a bubble- i just don't like jumping on the bandwagon on the slighest mention of 'zionist supporter'. It isn't unreasonable to ask for some proof, like some figures that in such and such a year, such and such a company gave Israeli X amount of £ to finance their terrorism. :)

Oh, and if you seriously want to gain support or enlighten somebody who is interested, don't shout them down. It is very rude and unfortunately will not help you get your desired outcome. I'm not saying that these companies are not Zionist supporters, all i'm asking for is have you got any proof that shows that such support has materialised into financial aid which is then being used to kill innocent civilians?

Ma'assalama

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
why proctor n gamble?
Proctor and Gamble are known for their horrendous experiments on animals.

sweetbanana86
07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Hmmm, I'm not sure about boycotting entire countries because I don't know much about ISRAELI companies, and its hard to boycott the supplier; the United States, then I'd be boycotting everything I know and use, including my PC.

But, I have began boycotting specific companies and corporations...like, I will NEVER buy a diamond, and I will stay FAR from Nike products!

As for the rest, I'll get down to it!

yes i feel you on that nike thing, i don't buy there products, or don't buy Timberland products either and it may be some more products i wont buy either

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Stop being so pathetic, sister. You can't go around saying 'oi, because you support so and so you are also doing such and such' when in reality they might not have anything to do with it. There are plenty of racists walking around and just because one racist commits a racist murder, it doesn't go to say that all racists are murderers. I'm not living in a bubble- i just don't like jumping on the bandwagon on the slighest mention of 'zionist supporter'. It isn't unreasonable to ask for some proof, like some figures that in such and such a year, such and such a company gave Israeli X amount of £ to finance their terrorism.

Oh, and if you seriously want to gain support or enlighten somebody who is interested, don't shout them down. It is very rude and unfortunately will not help you get your desired outcome. I'm not saying that these companies are not Zionist supporters, all i'm asking for is have you got any proof that shows that such support has materialised into financial aid which is then being used to kill innocent civilians?

Ma'assalama
Oh ive already given u links so wen u can be bothered to check it out i suggest u do so.

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 07:45 PM
:sl:

strider
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh my life, i cant even be bothered with u, ive already given u links so wen u can be bothered to it out i suggest u do so.
Oh my life, you really do have a short fuse don't you? My question goes unanswered. As the topic starter, can you be bothered to show how exactly these companies are funding terrorism? I'm rather confused, because when i look at it this is how i see it:

-You have an outlet. Let's say McDonalds. They open up a branch in Israel. According to inminds Israel has 80 McDonald outlets in Israel which employs 3000 Israelis. If you boycot the companies, the people loose their jobs. My point is there isn't a problem in being an Israeli, the problem lies with being a Zionist. Sure, McDonalds would be employing people and thus strengthening its economy, but a strong economy surely puts money back into its citizens and so wouldn't you just be harming those seeking medical treatment or education?

- If i can't see a direct link with a company arming the Zionists, i shall not be boycotting on the grounds you cite. And don't be so patronising and tell me to read the sources you provided. I've read them and if my question had been answered i am not stupid enough to repeatedly ask the same thing.

Skillganon
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
I suggest you sisters keep a polite manner with each other.

If you wan't to boycott this products it is your choice, if you don't that is you choice. IF you feel their is enough evidence than go ahead with it, but if you don't feel their is enough evidence than don't.

I personally don't buy much of this product anyway, (rarely) before I was made aware of this Thread.

I do personally this thread had the good intention, but further research may be waranted.

ALso bear in mind, especially in the middle east it may be prudent for (middle-easten people) to boycott certain foreign companies, which will indeed provide a better means for the people living their to start their own product, companies. This will much benefit them econimacally and socieally.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.