/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blind Followings Of shieks!

Ghazi
07-21-2006, 12:33 AM
:sl:

This is a problem within the ummah today, many muslims have their own disired personal shiek who they take their knowladge from and anyone who says diffrently is automaticly dissmissed, isn't this a bit stupid, another problem is people think 'Scholar'=Pious, Sad reality it doesn't shieks and scholars are people like us they sin, do good deeds ect, so my point is just beacuse the next guy says something diffrent to your shiek don't dissmiss him but listen to what he says and refer it back to Quran and Sunnah instead of saying "oh shiek so and so said so". Until we get rid of this hero worship of sheiks seeking knowladge won't be so tainted by such disunity.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
InToTheRain
07-21-2006, 12:39 AM

Ye that is a huge problem man, in the worst case it can be seen as Shirk. Without a doubt if we use the nible Qur'an as our foundation and then just use sunnah of our beloved prophet Mohammad (Sallalahu allaihi wassalam) as ways to use that foundation then we can easily diffrentiate between right and wrong.

BTW, from what I know, Sheikh just means "Respectable Person" and maybe a scholar but this is not always the case.

Djinn
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

This is a problem within the ummah today, many muslims have their own disired personal shiek who they take their knowladge from and anyone who says diffrently is automaticly dissmissed, isn't this a bit stupid, another problem is people think 'Scholar'=Pious, Sad reality it doesn't shieks and scholars are people like us they sin, do good deeds ect, so my point is just beacuse the next guy says something diffrent to your shiek don't dissmiss him but listen to what he says and refer it back to Quran and Sunnah instead of saying "oh shiek so and so said so". Until we get rid of this hero worship of sheiks seeking knowladge won't be so tainted by such disunity.

Though I don't fully agree with you, I do have a problem with human-made directives, since it is often not Allah's (swt) Will. Although, the ummah, especially today, needs its leaders. Otherwise disunity would become even greater, because some people tend to become corrupt and there is a need to have scholars and sheikhs to keep them on the right path. Nevertheless, not all sheikhs and scholars are good ones, and these are the ones to be watchful of.

:w:

afriend
07-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Also, by researching into the matter by consulting many other sheikhs on a matter should also be carried out UNLESS they can provide proff from the quraan, also, they should have a strong/authentic hadeeth(s) to go with it :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
07-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum

people just need to read the stuff on their own

afriend
07-21-2006, 01:06 AM
That doesnt always work bro...Sometimes we need the help of a professions, just as we have limited knowledge about our health, we need to seek advice from a doctor (unles u are 1 :p)

Hijrah
07-21-2006, 01:13 AM
I mean people shouldat lest try learning as much as they can...

afriend
07-21-2006, 01:14 AM
for sure!

Or else we'd be like the Hindus, who rely on their highers in their deen to guide them, and who knows what sort of innovation they might make up....

But definately, we should try our hardest to be as educated in both religion and life as possible :)

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 01:26 AM
^^ totally agree

infact what makes a shaykh respected and worthy to give verdict is because he (or she!) know and understand many many many hadith and memorised the entire quran... and understand the rules of fiqh, because of that they have the advantage over everyone else as far as understanding the seemingly doubtful verses and hadiths that aren't very clear to some of us laymen.

But once a shaykh with all that knowledge starts to mess around, twist or hide knowledge, from the best of creation he becomes worse than a dog or donkey. and worthy of the curse of the angels and the entire humanity (as Allah says in surat al-baqarah, end of first chapter)

salam

SirZubair
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I mean people shouldat lest try learning as much as they can...
I don't agree with your first statement,..but yes,i do agree with this statement.

Just keep in mind,not everyone is born to be a Scholar.

Some are born to be farmers,some are born to be fishers,some are born to be sweepers,some are born to own corner shops...
...and some are born to be people of knowledge.

So when we are lost,dazed and confused,we Have to turn to those who have knowledge.

Kheir.,..im sure everyone already knows that :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.