/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weddings in Church

Rabbiyah
07-21-2006, 12:35 AM
:sl: :brother: s:sister: s
I would like to know is there a Hadith on going to a wedding inside a church is there any wrong in going inside a church for a relative's wedding? If there is please show some dileel :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
07-21-2006, 01:25 AM
I am amazed that anybody would need to ask such a question.

If you tolerate other religions then the question is not nescessary.

What if your friend is a Jew and you are invited to the temple for a wedding???????

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 01:29 AM
can u give us some evidence Joe98 from Quran adn Hadith?

north_malaysian
07-21-2006, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
What if your friend is a Jew and you are invited to the temple for a wedding???????
Which I have to wear Jewish skullcap?:rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
^^ lol yeh das weird how u cant go in if u dont wear a skullcap... i was pretty ... suprised.. when i was barred from entry unless i wore one :offended:

ANYWAY BACK TO TOPIC, sorry for going off topic

north_malaysian
07-21-2006, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
:sl: :brother: s:sister: s
I would like to know is there a Hadith on going to a wedding inside a church is there any wrong in going inside a church for a relative's wedding? If there is please show some dileel :thankyou:
I've read Ibn Batutta travel story long time ago that when he went to Constantinople (if I'm not mistaken) he went to Hagia Sofia, the priests invite him to go inside, but he refused because he has to bow down as mark of respect to the Jesus statue.

Palestinian Muslim clerics and leaders attended Christmas eve mass in Church of Nativity.

I've seen Allahyarham Ahmad Deedat having debate in a Swedish church.

Conclusion: as long as you dont commit shirk inside a church, i think it should be ok just attanding a wedding there.

scentsofjannah
07-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Joe is right..theres no need to ask such a question..you should go as Islam isnt against having normal relations with your family and friends...you can go to their weddings and funerals

its not like you're going to worship Jesus there..

Muezzin
07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
You know what? I've never been to a wedding in a church. I've visited Christian, Hindu and Jewish places of worship in school trips and things over the years, but never attended any weddings in those places. Hmm. I did go to a Muslim wedding being held in a Freemasons meeting place type thing (I don't know the correct term), and no one really said anything about it being 'dodgy'. Which I found quite amusing given all the conspiracy theories I've heard about the Masons, many theories of which I had heard from certain wedding attendees!

It's called a synagogue, I believe. :)

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 08:41 PM
It isn't allowed for a Muslim to attend a Christain Wedding or Funeral in their Churches, Or any type of festival for that matter :

Question :

Is it permissible to attend the celebrations of Christian festivals and congratulate them?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: it is not permissible for the Muslims to attend the festivals of the mushrikeen, according to the consensus of the scholars whose words carry weight. The fuqaha’ who follow the four schools of thought have stated this clearly in their books… Al-Bayhaqi narrated with a saheeh isnaad from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab that he said: “Do not enter upon the mushrikeen in their churches on the day of their festival, for divine wrath is descending upon them.” And ‘Umar also said: “Avoid the enemies of Allaah on their festivals.” Al-Bayhaqi narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that he said: “Whoever settles in the land of the non-Arabs and celebrates their new year and festival and imitates them until he dies in that state, will be gathered with them on the Day of Resurrection.” (Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah, 1/723-724).

www.islamqa.com

Kittygyal
07-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I am amazed that anybody would need to ask such a question.

If you tolerate other religions then the question is not nescessary.

that is true i agree with you what a shame!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.