/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Five levels....how's your salah goin'?

F.Y.
07-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Asalmualykum wa rahmatullah, :brother: :sister:

Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said:

And mankind, with regard to th eir performance of prayer are in five levels:

The First: The level of the one who is negligent and wrongs his soul: He is the one who falls short in performing wudhoo properly, performing the prayer upon its time and within its specified limits, and in fulfilling its essential pillars.

The Second: The one who guards his prayers upon their proper times and within their specified limits, fulfils their essential pillars and performs his wudhoo with care. However, his striving (in achieving the above) is wasted due whisperings in his prayer so he is taken away by thoughts and ideas.

The Third: The one who guards his prayers within the specified limits, fulfils their essential pillars and strives with himself to repel the whisperings, thoughts and ideas. He is busy struggling against his enemy (Shaytaan) so that he does not steal from the prayer. On account of this he is engaged in (both) prayer and jihaad.

The Fourth: The one who stands for the prayer , completes and perfects its due rights, its essential pillars, performs it within its specified limits and his heart becomes engrossed in safeguarding its rights and specified limits, so that nothing is wasted from it. His whole concern is directed towards its establishment, its completion and its perfection, as it should be. His heart is immersed in the prayer and in enslavement to his Lord the Exalted.

The Fifth: The one who stands for the prayer like the one mentioned above. However, on top of this, he has taken and placed his heart in front of his Lord Azzawajall, looking towards Him with his heart with anticipation, (his heart) filled with His love and His might, as if he sees and witnesses Allaah. The whisperings, thoughts and ideas have vanished and the coverings which are between him and his Lord are raised. What is between this person and others with respect to the prayer, is superior and greater than what is between the heavens and the earth. This person is busy with his Lord Azzawajall, delighted with Him.

The First type will be punished, the second type will be held to account, the third will have his sins and shortcomings expiated, the fourth will be rewarded and the fifth will be close to his Lord, because he will receive the portion of the one who makes his prayer the delight and pleasure of his eye. Whoever makes his prayer,the delight and pleasure of his eye, will have the nearness to his Lord Azzawajall made the delight and pleasure of his eye in the hereafter. He will also be made a pleasure to the eye in this world since whoever makes Allaah the pleasure of his eye in this world, every other eye will become delighted and pleased with him.
Walaykum Salaam Wa Rahmatullah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mujahedeen2087
07-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Ohhhhh ****

F.Y.
07-21-2006, 04:39 AM
Let's hope we're not the first two levels and that we're trying to reach the fifth! :) :)
Peace to all.

limitless
07-27-2006, 01:43 AM
:sl:

okay I may need more clarfication on this. So When I am making wudooh, what do you mean properly? And second one, I do get distracted when I am praying or reading the Aiyats (correct term?). For example, I just did my wudooh and now praying and then suddenly my thoughts drift to something else other than Allah and what I am doing. How can I overcome this?
Can you please explain it to me?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sweetbanana86
07-27-2006, 01:46 AM
sometimes it's good to come in fifth place and not first

thahira
07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

okay I may need more clarfication on this. So When I am making wudooh, what do you mean properly? And second one, I do get distracted when I am praying or reading the Aiyats (correct term?). For example, I just did my wudooh and now praying and then suddenly my thoughts drift to something else other than Allah and what I am doing. How can I overcome this?

Salam

If you are praying and get distracted by something else, SO....do we have to repeat the prayers again..?

limitless
07-30-2006, 03:59 PM

Yes that is what I wanted to ask, sorry my post did not make sensible.

TheRightOne
08-02-2006, 09:19 AM
i have the same question i think u have to repeat it

let me know when u find out thanks

praying4jannah
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
jazak allah.. that was really interesting to read.. i think i fall in the 1st one though.. but reading that mkes me want to b like the 5th person :)

Abu Musab
01-10-2008, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thahira
Salam

If you are praying and get distracted by something else, SO....do we have to repeat the prayers again..?
no you don't have to repeat it.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
jazakallahu khair.
Five levels....how's your salah goin'?
with reagrds to khusoo, quite shicking actually :(

adeeb
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
trying the best and get the fifth........

insya Allah..

------
01-11-2008, 07:19 PM
:salamext:

*bump

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for this info!

E'jaazi
01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Trying to get to the fifth level, Insha Allah.

------
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
:salamext:

* B U M P *

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
mashaAllaah

it seems impossible to reach the 5th level !

Assalamu Alaikum

future_scholar
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
masha allah

future_scholar
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
these scholars had such an insight!

may allah bless us and them

muslimah_online
04-02-2008, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

What it means by properly is in regard to the sunnat and the wajib part of the wudu'

1st-u said the basmallah and clean ur right hand till the wrist 3 times..next is the left hand (sunnat)

2nd-gurgle water inside ur mouth 3 times (sunnat)

3rd-fill ur nose with water and something like sneezing it out (sunnat)

4th-wash(more like cleaning) ur face 3 times (wajib)

5th-wash ur right hand 3 times until ur elbow and then the left one (wajib)

6th-the hair on your forehead..3 times (wajib)

7th-your ears 3 times(sunnat)

8th-ur feet till ankle 3 times (right to left)

this should be done without comitting into a converstion or thinking of something else..(there are 7 ways to get god ablution according to imam al-ghazali but i can't remember all)

then about how to concentrate in your solat when reciting the ayaat.. u have to feel as if u r in front of Allah Taala and He is looking at you and listening to every word you said wether u said it with full meaning or just saying it while thinking of something else..
according to imam al-ghazali(again..i've been reading his book) to get khusyu'(fully undistracted), u have to recite surah an-nas b4 ur solat.. take a deep breath and think of only doing the solat (any of the five). try it, insyaAllah, u may not get distracted in ur solat.

SAlaam:sl::)

kwolney01
04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for posting this. This helps remind us to try our best while praying to Allah, and to continuly perfect our prayers. Hopefully we can all try to strive for the fifth one.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Jazaak'Allah Khair for info! Trying to reach the fifth one, Insha'Allah! We are not perfect ones.

*Behna*
04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
:sl: nice, thanks.

^..sTr!vEr..^
04-24-2008, 08:55 PM
ya inshAllah may Allah make us from the fifth category ameen

MSalman
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Jazak Allah khair for sharing; i have read it before so many times. May Allah Ta'ala accept our salah and give us strength to reach level 5...Ameen

This is how I ignore the distractions during salah
1) Think of it as it is your last salah
2) Imagine as if you are standing in big open space, no one is there except as if you are standing in front of Allah Ta'ala

If the above ones do not work then try these
1) Imagine that every time you concentrate more, you kind of get closer to Allah Ta'ala, like literally the distance is decreasing--moving closer towards Jannah
2) Think about your sins and what will happen if Allah Ta'ala did not forgive you or not accepted your salah

muslimah 4 life
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Looks like I have alot of work to do if I want to get from 1 to 5.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.