/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Wierd?

Dahir
07-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Just analyze my current Situation:

My Grandmother is a formerly-nomadic tribeswoman with many Sufi tendencies, you could almost call her a Sufi.

My parents are strict, hardline Wahabbis.

I'm stuck in the middle of all of this.

Note: For those who don't know, Wahabbis are Ultra-Conservative and anti-Sufi, and Sufis are like 60's hippies, if you can ever imagine the colliding paths of the two, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 04:59 AM
sects s*ck, just stick to islam and forget about their bickering like a bunch of hens

also my friend is sufi, shes a paki, they seem very peaceful i wouldnt say hippies its not like they trip on acid and bleep all day

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 05:01 AM
you just follow what Allah and his messenger say which is found in the quran.. and say "I am neither a follower of this sect or that sect, rather i am a Muslim following what Allah and Muhammad PBUH have said in teh quran adn sunnah"

easy as that :)

salamz

Djinn
07-21-2006, 05:23 AM
:sl:

Now I thought I've seen everything, Sufis and Wahabbis in one family. I can hear the disagreements and rantings from here. By the way, do you follow Qutbism? (You don't have to answer) :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-21-2006, 05:27 AM
psst, Dahir its ur chance to use my quote in the last reply ;)

sevgi
07-21-2006, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Just analyze my current Situation:

My Grandmother is a formerly-nomadic tribeswoman with many Sufi tendencies, you could almost call her a Sufi.

My parents are strict, hardline Wahabbis.

I'm stuck in the middle of all of this.

Note: For those who don't know, Wahabbis are Ultra-Conservative and anti-Sufi, and Sufis are like 60's hippies, if you can ever imagine the colliding paths of the two, you'd know what I'm talking about.
there is nothing wrong with sects or sufism...sufism is aimed at indulging onnesself in the love and worship of Allah in order to elevatethemselves into spiritual highness...i donno bout the other one,,,if u feel comfy following a sect,, do for it...if ur happy jst being a natural muslim following our prophet keep at that...sects are usually for people who have gained a alot out of being a normal muslim and need moreto satisfy their love for Allah...

pray to Allah...u will feel the rite answer in ur heart insallah...

Djinn
07-21-2006, 05:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
there is nothing wrong with sects or sufism...sufism is aimed at indulging onnesself in the love and worship of Allah in order to elevatethemselves into spiritual highness...i donno bout the other one,,,if u feel comfy following a sect,, do for it...if ur happy jst being a natural muslim following our prophet keep at that...sects are usually for people who have gained a alot out of being a normal muslim and need moreto satisfy their love for Allah...

pray to Allah...u will feel the rite answer in ur heart insallah...

Quite right, sects in Islam are usually composed of good and decent people who worship and love Allah (swt), rather than being 'bickering hens'.

:w:

Dahir
07-21-2006, 06:00 AM
sects are usually for people who have gained a alot out of being a normal muslim and need moreto satisfy their love for Allah
Yeah, I've seen that in Sufis, like the Iranian Sufis who pierce themselves, and the Turkish Sufis who do ballet twirls in decorative dance halls, oh, and all the beatings to try to get the devil out of people.

At my age, there's not much I know about religion, but I know right from wrong, and I know what to absolutely stay away from, at all costs. I'm on a straight path that's littered with defeciencies, but I know the roads well.

My two sides don't bicker. And its only the WW2-era people in my family who are Sufis. They're obsessed with exorcism and superstitions, man, I hate that crap, but I know they're very innocent people, that's why I compared them to Hippies.

Hopefully, my grandparents repent and are accepted into the heavenly kindom, but only God knows. And hopefully, future generations take it easier on Sufis and quit the bickering.

Djinn
07-21-2006, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
psst, Dahir its ur chance to use my quote in the last reply ;)
lol!! Don't you even know what Qutbism is?

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn
lol!! Don't you even know what Qutbism is?
Do you mean Quranite?

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 06:37 AM
yes i heard of qutubism.. lol tis almost like wahhabism in a way, both 'sects' are labelled that becasue they're accused of blind following the one whom the sects was named after, namely sayed quutb and ibn abdulwahhaab....

Djinn
07-21-2006, 06:46 AM
yes i heard of qutubism.. lol tis almost like wahhabism in a way, both 'sects' are labelled that becasue they're accused of blind following the one whom the sects was named after, namely sayed quutb and ibn abdulwahhaab....
So can you imagine a family composed of Sufis, Wahhabis and Qutbees? :grumbling

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
lol it might be hard, dunno never experienced that... i think as long as they're open to debate and discussion its fine inshalah...

the problems occur when the older members of the family don't want to listen to the younger ones becasue 'who dot heyt hink they are', and other members get heated up too quickly because someone else commented that one of the other member's sheikh is wrong in a matter...

salams

mujahedeen2087
07-21-2006, 06:55 AM
sufi, shia, sunni, wahabbis

what ever happend to following the quran and the sunna?

lolwatever
07-21-2006, 07:03 AM
^^ agree :(

Djinn
07-21-2006, 07:17 AM
lol it might be hard, dunno never experienced that... i think as long as they're open to debate and discussion its fine inshalah...

the problems occur when the older members of the family don't want to listen to the younger ones becasue 'who dot heyt hink they are', and other members get heated up too quickly because someone else commented that one of the other member's sheikh is wrong in a matter...

salams
Quite right, part of the reason why sects are formed in any religion and way of life.

wasalam

Dahir
07-22-2006, 03:40 AM
Quite right, part of the reason why sects are formed in any religion and way of life.
Sectarianism is terrible! Once, if ever again, the Islamic world unites, its URGENT that we get together and talk about Sectarianism, argue a bit, but have an understanding, then we can uproot the fallacies found in each Sect, if any, I say let's give it a try TODAY!

lolwatever
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
^^ more like we should all get together and say

"ok ok.. enough is enough.. how about we go back to the origin and follow quran and sunnah"

salam

Dahir
07-22-2006, 04:22 AM
^^ more like we should all get together and say

"ok ok.. enough is enough.. how about we go back to the origin and follow quran and sunnah"

salam
Googly Moogly, if it was that easy, but its not, he.he!!!!:grumbling

You'd have better chance letting a world power commit total genocide of the Islamic World and start all over, because too many Muslims are either unaware or not in position to care.

lolwatever
07-22-2006, 04:33 AM
but if they don't want to understand that's not our problem is it :)

most reformist movements where very unpopular in the beginning but the benefit only showed up many many years after the death of the founders and the small group of ppl who started them...

look back into the pages of history, many examples.

:)

Dahir
07-23-2006, 02:21 AM
look back into the pages of history, many examples.
That would mean I'd have to arm my family and let them tear each other to shreds.

lolwatever
07-23-2006, 02:50 AM
not at all.. in your case one part is 'sufi' and the other is 'wahabi'... historically debates was what was common between those sorts of ideologies..

it only gets bloody when you have two opposite ends of the coin trying to sort out each other.. shia vs sunni etc.

Dahir
07-23-2006, 03:05 AM
it only gets bloody when you have two opposite ends of the coin trying to sort out each other.. shia vs sunni etc.
Oooooh, that wouldn't be good at all, maybe my situation isn't so bad after all.

lolwatever
07-23-2006, 03:33 AM
yep... and even if it was.. you just speak your mind with evidence and who cares what people think or do to you :) you're goal is Jannah, not to be a suckup to people. ;)

salamz

Malaikah
07-23-2006, 03:36 AM

isnt this thread meant to be deleted because of sectarian issues? :?

Dahir
07-23-2006, 03:37 AM
isnt this thread meant to be deleted because of sectarian issues?
No. The subject isn't about debate or anything and it doesn't raise any sectarian questions besides forefront issues with conflict of interests.

This thread is more about family relations that religion.

And plus, about 34.874% of my threads get deleted, BUT NOT THIS ONE!! :grumbling

Malaikah
07-23-2006, 03:40 AM
^cool i recommend if you want this thread to last, dont get in to any debate.

on topic- thats a weird combination you got there. its so sad when people follow all these sects blindly instead of the quran and sunnah. i dont really know much about that wahhabi thing but sufi is a bit 'not right' isnt it? i think one thing you can do is show them the hadith where the prophet says that the 'sect' that will enter paradise is the one that follows the quran and sunnah (and not innovations..)

lolwatever
07-23-2006, 03:44 AM
yeh, problem is they all think they're right... and when you tell them 'ok ok then how about we just follow quran and sunnah'... they'll say 'our shaykhs who tell us what to do are the ones who do the research for us and we follow, and we trust them'....

and when you debate with their shaykhs they tell you 'who are you to challenge our great so and so shaykh whose grave everyone visits and seeks blessings from it' or "this has been the custom for many generatiosn and now you come telling us it is against Sunnah?"

lol.. that's the general case.. but there are many many sincere sufis who really do it out of good intentions and when you talk to them you really sense their sincereity adn they reeeeally are willing to listen and discuss mashalah.. and learn and apply too... i seen both sorts.

not trying 2 start ne civil war here.. just saying.. too bad if mods not happy lol.

Dahir
07-23-2006, 04:03 AM
not trying 2 start ne civil war here.. just saying.. too bad if mods not happy lol.
I've waged my own little war on the Mods, they won't stop me.

MuslimWays
07-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Stick to the way of Prophet Muahmmed (pbuh), understand the Qur'an and the Sunnah the Sahaba's did, Narrated Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "The best of generations is my generation, then those that come after them, then those that come after them." [Bukhari]

So follow their understand, stay away from Sufism, it has alot of shirk, although they are very peaceful, but very mislead by their scholars, please read "The reality of Sufism in light of the Qur'aan & Sunnah" by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Rabee' Ibn Haadee Al-Madkhalee

Also please avoid using the term Wahabism, Wahab is one of the names of Allah (SWT).

IbnAbdulHakim
07-28-2006, 04:36 PM
dude if one calls themselves sufi and the other wahabbi you shouldnt care :-\, end of the day you show them a few ayyats, hadith and fatwa's and theeeere we go :D, its the straight path for both sides ;)

lolwatever
07-28-2006, 09:03 PM
^^ yeh very true if Muslim's adopted that logic... and if they did, eventually they'll realie "hangon why am i calling myself so and so, ther'es no diff between me and him" so they'll flush the names down the toilet.

salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.