/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful/peaceful place to live

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Peaceful Abodes in Reality

I was wondering if anyone knows any ideal places for muslims to live in peace. Im talking about those simple huts with small chimneys and simple surroundings. Im talking about getting away somewhere calm and quiet.

So whats the most peaceful/serene and humble place your mind thinks of, where we can all practise islam in its simplicity ? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Beachlands Waterfront Retreat

We're allowed to dream right...

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 08:31 PM
:lol: you are funny

A Beachfront resort is a simple hut with a chimney? :haha:

If you want real simple I'd advise you to go to Yemen.........yeah that's what I'd call simple

And you'd actually live in a real MUD hut! lol

But it's not so bad you know........been there...done that.....and survived too.....

And plus, you can practise Islam like you cant practise it anywhere else.

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh yes, now that you've brought this up, I'm recalling a hadeeth I read.......I can't recall it exactly, but it did mention that Rasulullah said that a time will come upon the people when it will be so difficult to practise Islam, that they will flee to the mountains and practise Islam there.......
What a coincidence!! the place I stayed in Yemen is in the mountains too :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
A Beachfront resort is a simple hut with a chimney? :haha:
gimme a break i couldnt find anything else :embarrass

If you want real simple I'd advise you to go to Yemen.........yeah that's what I'd call simple
And you'd actually live in a real MUD hut! lol
wallahi... mountain... mudhut... if only you knew how badly that appeals to me. Whats the islamic community like? Can the people speak english?
*creates ideas in his head :brother:*

Mawaddah
07-21-2006, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Majed
gimme a break i couldnt find anything else :embarrass

wallahi... mountain... mudhut... if only you knew how badly that appeals to me. Whats the islamic community like? Can the people speak english?
*creates ideas in his head :brother:*

You saw Bro Dhuls thread about posting up pictures of your villages right? Me and sis amirah_87 had posted up some pictures of the village we stayed in in Yemen.......did you see?

Yes and it was very simple. Although not the easiest place to live in......but it was nice anyway, and we had mountains nearby and the desert and the grapevine fields and the wheat fields and all of that.........

People there speak Arabic, but there's lots of foreigners there who speak English also.......

Ask amirah_87! she knows lots about it since she just recently got back a few months ago....I've been away for about 4 years already.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
why'd u leave such a beautiful peaceful place?
Hmm, i wouldnt mind going there if my family agrees :brother:

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 12:53 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

SubhanAllah Our Lil' village!!.....:wub:

yep like Sis Mawaddah said, it's this nice litlle village in Yemen away from all towns and cities..
Every1's in 3ibaadah 24/7 you never hear of faahisha...music and etc!!!...the dunya becomes nothing to you....you even forget to eat @ times cause your busy revising for your next lesson...or memorising your Quraan!!...
SubhaanaAllah..
It is in a secluded place....and you might think it's a tough place for you to live....but you tend to forget about the hardships of the dunya...and all you can remember is how good the 3ilm is!!......
That is by far the best way to live your life!!... to be in constant 3ibaadah....:wub:

Like Mawaddah said..there's lots of foreigners there from all over the word all come to study the deen....hundreds and hundreds of them...from the UK, the US,somalia,arabs, france, algeria, morroco, indonesia, malysia, germany, india, ireland,...and abit more!!

I'd advise every1 to go there inshaAllah!!!

BTW: Sis Maw i dunno if i've told you this before, but the life style over there has improved a great deal alhamdulillah!! ;)

You got me thinkin' 'bout it again'.....just makes me sad i ain't there anymore! :(...

Anyways QadarAllah right!!!

Need to know more?...feel free to ask us inshaAllah :happy:

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 01:12 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOL!!!....subhanallaah i just saw the bit about the mud hut..it ain't no mud hut cum Ooooon!! :giggling:

what it is akhee is a normal house/bungalow...made outta mud bricks!!!!....

and plus...ppl make them outta normal cement bricks nowadays!!!...;D

i'd just like to add.....when your there you feel like your in the time of the ProphetSalalaahu 3alayhi wasallam, subhanAllah...:wub:

ever wacthed ar-risaalah....:?:?...well it's like that kinda settin'...sandy, mud house kinda thing....simple life!!...at-tawaadu3!! *smiles galore*

Practising the deen makes you forget all that it if bothers you...but you get used to everything after a while...i wanted to die there and get prayed on by the shyukh and the thousnads of students of knowledge that are there but..................:(
I came back to this darn country walhamdulillah!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
^ LoL !

Will of Allah, wallahi that place sounds perfect, i cant believe such a place exists. And theres really mountains close by? SubhanAllah i still cant believe you moved here, lol wat made u do that :-\ !!!!! lol

where exactly in yemen is it? i wanna see it...

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 03:03 PM
:sl:

This place sounds awesome! I'd definitely consider moving there!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

This place sounds awesome! I'd definitely consider moving there!
ye im thinkin bout it!!

btw monkey island is too funny ;D ;D

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 03:09 PM
ye im thinkin bout it!!

btw monkey island is too funny ;D ;D

lol...Monkey Island is one of the Islands in a series of PC games..called Monkey Island lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-22-2006, 03:14 PM
I feel guilty now. I'm moving f rom England.... to the U.A.E.... not even that big of difference really! Actually our quality of life will become even better.:'(

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:15 PM

lol...Monkey Island is one of the Islands in a series of PC games..called Monkey Island lol
ye i kno, i meant the game is very funny :p

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
I feel guilty now. I'm moving f rom England.... to the U.A.E.... not even that big of difference really! Actually our quality of life will become even better.:'(

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!
why do u feel guilty for :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
I dunno.:X

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 03:49 PM

Theres a place in Mauritania. Let me know if you want to know more about it.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 03:56 PM

Theres a place in Mauritania. Let me know if you want to know more about it.
yes yes, please tell, i want to know all about every peaceful place...

btw bro Ahmed, i understand wat u mean, but perhaps theres a place where one could practise islam without feeling like an enemy, thats the place i desire :)

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 04:06 PM

http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/stud...74902790214858

Thats the article

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Some pics of the Mauritania Place:

http://groups.msn.com/thehabaib/mauritania.msnw

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 04:47 PM
bro i think im in-love with this place... subhanAllah. So beautiful!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 04:58 PM
This was the beginning of our journey to the Madrasah of Al-Murabit Al-Hajj in Mauritania. That was a tough mountain to climb! Especially when you have to walk for about 6 more hours after you climb it! :)

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 06:05 PM

yeah that place looks so peaceful.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 06:06 PM

yeah that place looks so peaceful.
are you also planning to live in such a place in the near future bro?

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 06:12 PM
^ LoL !

Will of Allah, wallahi that place sounds perfect, i cant believe such a place exists. And theres really mountains close by? SubhanAllah i still cant believe you moved here, lol wat made u do that :-\ !!!!! lol

where exactly in yemen is it? i wanna see it...
ass salaamu alaykum

Yemen is right next to saudi...it shares a boarder with it,

and yes..we were surrounded by mountains, use to go on picnics up there on juma3aaahs sumtimes with a group of freids alhamdulillah!!

why did we move here...well we actually lived here for 11yrs just went there temprorily to study the deen...
we just came back here to do a couple of things and then whaddya know it!!...we got stuck again!!.....
but imma gonna go back sum day inshaAllah...my mudhouse still stands ..;D ....so i ain't got a problem with getting myself accomadated!!

if i were able to go RIGHT now i will BUT i can't :'(

peace to y'all....any questions bout it...feel free to ask:peace:

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
are you also planning to live in such a place in the near future bro?

Yeah definitely! Spend my life praying, studying the deen, and living a peaceful life. Thats all I wanted from life.

seeker_of_ilm
07-22-2006, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
peace to y'all....any questions bout it...feel free to ask:peace:

What things do they teach...like what Islamic things....i.e. Hifz...Hadith...etc...

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 06:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum akhee,

what do they teach...everything really,.... lemme start:

-al-hifdh
-at-tafseer.
-3aqeedah
-at-tawheed
-al-fiqh
-methodology of al-hadeeth
-sumthing could al-usuul min 3ilm al-usuul...*dunno the term in english*
-and another could usuul al-fiqh
-the science of inheritance
-arabic (an-nahw, sarf..3ilm al-balaaqah)
-errrrm..at-tajweed....

that's all i can think of inshaAllah......:-\

Maw!! plz cover me if i've missed out anything else...thanx!! :peace:

I'll try getting you a pic inshaAllah, one of them's set on my desktop :wub:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
umm, im 18 almost 19 and i feel like an old fish so... um... can i still be a student there :embarrass

IceQueen~
07-22-2006, 07:46 PM
18-19 old?! you sound like a girl! that isn't old (although i complained about exactly the same thing-I'm now too old for madrasahs-do you hear that mum and dad?! told you to send me b4...)
but anyway it doesn't matter how old one gets-we're never too old to learn...

phew, I know exactly how you feel-i was always bugging my parents to move to someplace where we can live in a muslim community totally according to quran and sunnah and live as muslims in peace insha allah...

i know a scholar who is currently trying to set up such a place called 'sunnah villages'...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
18-19 old?!
yep jus gotta wait for death now :)

you sound like a girl!
too bad you dont ;D

that isn't old (although i complained about exactly the same thing-I'm now too old for madrasahs-do you hear that mum and dad?! told you to send me b4...)
lol ur well confused but i talked to my mum about this, wallahi i wanna go so bad and inshaAllah i will, i got the money ready, just lookin for a place. its all about Islam :)

i know a scholar who is currently trying to set up such a place called 'sunnah villages'...
wats his name? i would like to meet him inshaAllah!! please lemme kno bout him

:salamext:

Muezzin
07-22-2006, 08:56 PM
One day, once I've successfully conquered the entire free world, my wife (scratch that, my Queen*) and I shall live peacefully in Buckingham palace

*not old Lizzy Windsor. That's just disgusting.

IceQueen~
07-22-2006, 08:57 PM
sheikh Imran N Hosein you can check out his website www.imranhosein.org

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
*not old Lizzy Windsor. That's just disgusting.
ooooooooo thats cold LOOLL ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
sheikh Imran N Hosein you can check out his website www.imranhosein.org
where about in london can i find hiim?
i can help him in his cause inshaAllah, i'll gather up every muslim i kno for him!!!

amirah_87
07-22-2006, 09:34 PM
umm, im 18 almost 19 and i feel like an old fish so... um... can i still be a student there :embarrass
ass salaamu alaykum,

akhee...the place is a village!!...does there gotta be a set age for a person to live in a village!!....NO!!:giggling:

the youngest are the new borns...and the eldest was this man that was like 100 and sumthing and he was still there subhaanaAllah studying!!

anyone can go no matter where your from and how old you are akhee....for the women, you gotta have a mahram though...father, brother or husband..etc!!

you can never bee to old or too young to practise the deen y'know!

so your answer is: ofcourse you can be a student there:thumbs_up

and plz don't make it like 18/19 year olds are old :'(

we still got a while to go......:offended:.....and Allah knows best!!

Oh yeah & BTW I forgot to add the lessons are free all done fee sabeelillaah!!:peace:

H4RUN
07-22-2006, 10:00 PM
peace? only 1 place 4 me, subhanallah where else can it be? i mean if our beloved Messenger [pbuh] found peace there, why not us? Has to be Madinah...i know it's kind of impossible to LIVE there, but erm buy a hotel there lol and then it's possible:)
*aaaaah if only*
ma'salama
:w:

IceQueen~
07-22-2006, 10:40 PM
yeah madinah but they don't have places for woemn to study islam there do they?

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Anyone who has been to Makkah or Madinah will understand what akhee H4RUN is talking about.:)

:wasalamex

IbnAbdulHakim
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Anyone who has been to Makkah or Madinah will understand what akhee H4RUN is talking about.:)

ye but can we really live there, personally i'd prefer to live in medina, if u hear how rasullulah saws talks about it so wud u !!!! :)

H4RUN
07-23-2006, 09:13 PM

absolutely correct my ukhti, Madinah in particular, quite a contrast in the atmosphere from Makkah, peace to the heart:)
As for living there, well i've already posted the solution, a long shot but hey it's a thought....buy a hotel, run it, live in it voila!
ma'salama
:w:

amirah_87
07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

you know what...medinah's nice too, but i'm not sure if everyone there's practising....:?:?..and is upon the sunnah!!..it'd be perfect if they were and the place was'nt sooo modern and it was just sand and all...i belive that there's too much dunya there...and one of the sahaabah's or was it a taabe3ee said said.."laa yustadaa3 al-3ilm bi raahat al-jasad.."...it isn't able for one to study (the deen)..whilst the body is at rest....*translation abit:X*

that's why i'd like to live in yemen more then medinah...(a teeny weeny bit more though maybe it becuase i ain't been there) back to my lil village...and saudi's like a couple hours ride by coach anyways so all's good!!:)

Here's a few pics to the village we went to:

This one's of the main masjid...and if you can see the houses that are made outta mud bricks, they look better inside...don't be put off :giggling:

same pic..a lil different

here's another:

and here's one of one of the mountains that surround it!!!

LUVLY RIGHT :wub:

Mawaddah
07-23-2006, 11:50 PM

Ah! purty purty purty Masha'allahhhhhhhhhhh :wub: I miss it so much man :'(

And who posted up those pictures of Mauritina? They look almost exactly like Yemen man!!

I went to Madinah when I made my Hajj.....and yes even though they have 'Ulama there the living there is too easy.....and it's so modern and its alot of hustle bustle and.....it's really life like any other city actually. One of the only good things there is that you can pray in Masjid Nabawi regularly Masha'allah :wub: and they have the Ulama there of course....

But to live completely simple and away from the dunya, it still gotta be Yemen man..........Only the necessities are there, but it's all about studying Islam......it takes a while to get used to though, but then the love of studying overcomes it all........alhamdulillah we got that experience innit Princess!! :happy:

umm-sulaim
07-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Ah i miss it too sis!!
Definately yemen is the place of simplicity mashaAllah, they're so undeveloped in a nice innocent way its not modern you know...so no ones bothered about keeping with the latest gizmos and such sometimes we don't even know what day it is what month cos you're just so busy studying you know...
If you want a simple life and to study your deen then Yemens the place to go...
So many people have gone there now that people have built their houses on mountains...subhanAllah...
never been Medina inshaAllah though....but i've heard so much khayr from it!!

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 12:06 AM
^Those pics of dammaj mashaAllah were beautiful. Makes me miss really small things like walkign to dars, And sitting in class :(. Subhanallah so much knowledge in that place. I cant wait to go back inshaAllah.

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 08:46 AM
ASS SALAAMU ALAYKUM

i know what you mean Sis ...thoe itsy bitsy lil' things...like walkin' to the masjid and seeing every1 doing the same...walkin' by the brothers and seeing them stop for you to walk by and loweering there gaze....listeneing to the shiekh's lessons and crackin' up @ his jokes!!.....aaaaaaaaaahhhh :wub:
don't get me started Nawaal!!
I can't wait to go back either and pack up from this country for good inshaAllah....no more turnring back for me the next time i leave this place inshaAllah!!:peace:

it takes a while to get used to though, but then the love of studying overcomes it all........alhamdulillah we got that experience innit Princess!!
we sure do Maw!! walhamdulillah;)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
omg :(, the temptation to go there is too great but my mum said she wants me to stay here and give dawa and constantly make jihad inside fi-sabillilah, :( i wish i could goooooooooooo!!!

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

Try pursuading your mum to go too InshaAllah ...i'm sure she'll like it aswell inshaAllah...:-\
my mum went with us and also took part in joining the circles of knowledge...like i said you'll find that the ppl there range from new born to one yemeni guy who was 100....:)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 01:14 PM
i almost succeeded in persuading her but then i dunno she jus backed out. She cant speak english either so its bengali only :confused:. Also she dont wanna leave da family... but i might move there wen i get old n bold :D

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:24 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!...show her these pics :D.....tell her, you don't wanna end your like in balad al-kufr mama!!!....:-\
we managed to persuade our mum to let us stay for four years :X
i think girls can persuade better than boys!!...just put on the water works akhee innit!! :'(...LOOOL!!

anyways...it's a must go for all ppl who wanna seek knowledge...you gotta do it inshaAllah eevn if your old and bold:D

Did you know that the lifestyle there is sooo cheap aswell...what you spend a week or two here could last you a month over there...and the bills are not expensive..the water's free but you gotta pay for the electricity..which is like too cheap...around £5:00 or less a month!!!:ooh:...cheap right!!:thumbs_up
and the gas is like those canisters you gotta fill up when they run out!!.....very cheap too!!:happy:

seeker_of_ilm
07-24-2006, 01:26 PM

Insha'allah I definitely would consider going to Mauritania/Yemen. First...I need to make a bit of money.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
do they have internet :X

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
^lol bro they do ;D;Dlooool

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
ass salamu alaykum

yeah they do!!!...you could even buy your laptop from here and take it with you..that's what alot of foreign pp ,have done...if not then there's like quite a few internet shops/cafe's :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOL!!...show her these pics :D.....tell her, you don't wanna end your like in balad al-kufr mama!!!....:-\
we managed to persuade our mum to let us stay for four years :X
i think girls can persuade better than boys!!...just put on the water works akhee innit!! :'(...LOOOL!!

anyways...it's a must go for all ppl who wanna seek knowledge...you gotta do it inshaAllah eevn if your old and bold:D

Did you know that the lifestyle there is sooo cheap aswell...what you spend a week or two here could last you a month over there...and the bills are not expensive..the water's free but you gotta pay for the electricity..which is like too cheap...around £5:00 or less a month!!!:ooh:...cheap right!!:thumbs_up
and the gas is like those canisters you gotta fill up when they run out!!.....very cheap too!!:happy:
boys r better at persuadin if dey a mummyz boy.. n girls r ALWAYS good at persuadin.. :giggling: :D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
ass salamu alaykum

yeah they do!!!...you could even buy your laptop from here and take it with you..that's what alot of foreign pp ,have done...if not then there's like two internet shops/cafe's :)
whats the chances of there being other bengalis there :X

(for my mum, wallahi i dont really care lol)

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

other bengali's i think there was 1 or 2 *not so sure :?* but there's a few pakistani's and a family from india!!...
but there's alot of ppl from the UK there from every race!!....you won't feel outta place, there's alot of foreginers and i'm talkin' in thousands akhee!!:Peace:

seeker_of_ilm
07-24-2006, 01:45 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

other bengali's i think there was 1 or 2 *not so sure :?* but there's a few pakistani's and a family from india!!...
but there's alot of ppl from the UK there from every race!!....you want feel outta place, there's alot of foreginers and i'm talkin' in thousands akhee!!:Peace:

How big is this place exactly?

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:53 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

it's a village akhee i dunno the precise measurements!!...but it's big!!....it's become soo packed more and more ppl from around the world have moved ppl are now buliding farther and farther up the mountains!!...check out the pics on no3...that's the maain part where the main masjid is where the shiekh does his lessons....around that is called the"maktabah"..... the mazra3ah is the second part of the village and it's on the otherside past the valley....
there's the new area that's called the jabl cause when space got tight ppl built houses between the maktabah and the mazra3ah...on the jabl/mountain!

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Dammaj is a village with a sheikh there pplz. And he teaches for free. people go there, bring their families, and build houses to learn. You can choose the books you want to learn and no one's forcing you. Because of that ppl go there sometimes and loose out big time when theres so much ilm flying around. If you go there, its totally up to you if you want to benefit from the sheikh or not. If you are a beginner and there are no classes at your level at the moment, you can approach certian mustafeed brothers to give you private lessons. It's really a wonderful wonderful place. And if you finish learning a book and you feel like you havent understood it properly, you can easily learn that same book over and over agian. I"ve learnt kawaakib twice and tuhfah 3 times, but when i go back i plan on doing them again to get a more solid undrestanding inshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 02:12 PM
it wouldnt feel right living there permenantly but maybe go there gain knowledge, strengthen imaan then come bak to giv dawa and go jihaad :D

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

yeah we all just wanna go there on a temp basis too!!!.....5yrs is enough i belive,...but time flies by soo quick you hardly realise the next year has cum round ;D

muslimah_here
07-25-2006, 03:06 PM
HMM!! is yemen the only palce left for muslim to live peacefully without the fear of fitnah:cry: . may ALLAH have mercy on us whats becoming of the world its so true we r coming closer to QYAMET (DAY OF JUDGEMENT). Iv never been to yemen so I woudnt know how its like there, the only two places im accustomed to is Uk, and Pakistan, and can only speak urdu and english:rollseyes , by the way what language do muslims speak in yemen arabic or something else?

FI-AMANALLAH.

amirah_87
07-25-2006, 03:11 PM
ass salamu alaykum

join us there sis ;) we'll meet inshaAllah!!

yemenis speak in arabic ..but they have there only dialect aswell...it's arabic but there's a slight change to it!! ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-25-2006, 03:42 PM
inshaAllah i will go to yemen after i pay off all of my fathers debts, so roughly in about 6 years. i hope 24 isnt a old age to learn :'(

amirah_87
07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
ass salaamu alaykum akhee,,,,

why you SO scared of old age ...ROFL!!! ;D

24 is nowhere near being old!!..that's just round the corner if you come to think of it..7-8 yrs time right!!

akhee..you still have'nt paid your fathers debt :X your meant to do that A.s.A.P y'know otherwise the soul or something does'nt rest until it's been paid...i'll chechk up for you if you want inshaAllah!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-25-2006, 05:22 PM
nono, its not my fathers debts, i took it all, me n my family, now its our debt ! Some imam said if we do that its kool...

i was more concerned about the work at Dammaj, wats it like? Will i be given work? lol

Ameeratul Layl
07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Salam,

In this dunya = saudia
In aakhira=Jannah InshAllah

Wasalam

Umm Safiya
07-25-2006, 09:00 PM

How does the sisters study in Dammaj??

Nawal89
07-25-2006, 10:37 PM
^basically its just like the me..except no classes after maghrib..well you can attend the sheikhs class if you want to, but most sisters are home after maghrib. They have seperate buildings for the men and the women.

As for jobs, Dammaj isnt a place to work. Its stricltly just study. You have to go there prepared.

bint_muhammed
07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
salam!
you cant just get away from life, you'll never find peace! we living in the west is hard however running away from it won help. no offence my personal oppinions, peace will only be in the akhira inshallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
salam!
you cant just get away from life, you'll never find peace! we living in the west is hard however running away from it won help. no offence my personal oppinions, peace will only be in the akhira inshallah!
i kinda agree, but i still wanna go travelling !!!

as for the work, thats strange... it would feel weird not working :confused:

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Theres a brother from america that does plumbing, some foreign brothers build houses to earn money, a french brother that was an electrician now installs elecrticity in the mosques and homes of the people,
a lot of french brothers have their own shops, recently they opened up a burger place, cos you miss that stuff when you're there, also some open shops, but bare in mind you have to have partnership with a yemeni cos its easier for them to move around,
an american brother has his own calling shop, he also does ironing, mostly brothers want their jum3a thawbs done so he gets good buisness,
Also a brother does carpentry aswell...its more hands on jobs there...
a pakistani brother does book binding, and students always needs their books binded there, a french brother does that too....
thats some of the jobs you find there inshaAllah....

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
jazakAllah khair sis !!

i think i'll offer to clean the houses LOL naa but i'll prob think up something inshaAllah :?

hmm, for now its jihad wiv my nafs :D

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah khayr inshaAllah.....Allah yuwaffiguk.
"wa man yattiga Allaha yaj3al lahu makhrajaa" and for he who fears Allah, he will make a way for him"
Jihaad nafs, yeah all gotta do that one!

amirah_87
07-26-2006, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
nono, its not my fathers debts, i took it all, me n my family, now its our debt ! Some imam said if we do that its kool...
ass salaamu alaykum

okay then that's kool!! :sister:

*Ladan*
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
WOOW those pictures were amazing I have now decided i want to move to Medina Mashallah.:statisfie

Oh so how do you buy a house there? Thanks :)

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
USA

Come join us! We'd love to have you!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
USA

lol... umm... :X

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
USA

Lol Thanks sis for the Offer :D but actually the USA is the place which every Muslim who knows his Deen is trying to avoid :D

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 01:18 PM
ass salamu alaykum

i'm gonna have to agree..even when i were'nt practising i was scared of going to that place!! :?:?
i don't think i ever will go there...dunno why, it just freaks me out!! :offended:

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
You aint missing nuthin sis, I'm right next to the place and I dont even bother to go........My Aunt wants to take us to Fort Lauderdale and I'm like NOOOOOOOO :lol:

So what other beautiful peaceful Islamic places are there out there? :happy:

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

i know i ain't Maw!!...i got americaphobia :p

other peacful places out there...i dunno Maw:?:? just know of yemen:-\

i would'nt mind going to the english countrysides they're soo beautiful, but there's notthing islaimc about it..i doubt they even have masjdi's there:?:?

y'know of anywhere else sis!!??

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Nope, but I dooooooooo sooooooooo want to go to those English countrysides!!!!!! :cry: :'( :'( I've seen pictures and they're absolutely breathtaking, Why dont you invite me Princess so I can comeeeeeeee :'(

(P.S. if a ticket is included I would be doubly grateful :p otherwise I can't make it :X ;D )

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 01:34 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

You like them too ey???.....there real nice i went to one quite a few weeks back..i told you right!!....anyways, i have'nt seen sooo much green spread out before my eyes (in real life:p) ever before!!
i was just like Ooooooooh woooooow subhanAllah :wub:

P.S. if a ticket is included I would be doubly grateful otherwise I can't make it )
puhlzz...listen, teachers are like the lowest paid ppl, i'm a Teachers Assistant!!....you just think about that!!.............;D;D;D;D

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 01:37 PM
You're just being Stingy!! :'( :'( I know you got cash stashed all over the place!! :'( :'(

Kidding :p

Ok lets get back on topic.........the owner of the threads gonna be upset :X

More Beautiful places people!!

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 01:43 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

You're just being Stingy!! I know you got cash stashed all over the place!!
joker!!!....;D;D

Ok lets get back on topic.........
true say!!

the owner of the threads gonna be upset
double true say :D

okay...you know that place mauritania, as-sudais studied his quraan there...they say it's really good for the Quraan :thumbs_up

seeker_of_ilm
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

okay...you know that place mauritania, as-sudais studied his quraan there...they say it's really good for the Quraan :thumbs_up

I heard that too.....they use this method there I think for memorisation:

http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/showthread.php?t=3309

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 02:01 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

OH WOOOOW!! thanx for that akhee:thumbs_up

i wanna learn the Quraan like that too inshalAllah sumday :wub:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM

:eek: WHOOOOOOOOOOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOAH!!!!! !OOOOOOAAAHHH!!!!!!

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Lol Thanks sis for the Offer :D but actually the USA is the place which every Muslim who knows his Deen is trying to avoid :D
Some of the larger cities may offer too much temptation to a person still working on his religious commitments. I completely understand.:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.