/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Invited to a wedding?

soulsociety
07-21-2006, 09:49 PM
:sl:

If someone you know in person invites you to their wedding, please go.

Myself, I wouldn't care if I invited someone and they never came. But some people maybe more sensitive to it. There's one sister, who didn't have many people to invite, she invited who she thought were close friends and they never came. She felt quite upset.

Actually, is that normal? Shouldn't the happiness of the wedding outweigh some people who didn't attend. Or maybe it depends how close the people are to you?

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 102:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you is invites to a wedding banquet, he must go for it (accept the invitation) ."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 103:

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "Set the captives free, accept the invitation (to a wedding banquet), and visit the patients."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 104:

Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib:

The Prophet ordered us to do seven (things) and forbade us from seven. He ordered us to visit the patients, to follow the funeral procession, to reply to the sneezer (i.e., say to him, 'Yarhamuka-l-lah (May Allah bestow His Mercy upon you), if he says 'Al-hamdulillah' (Praise be to Allah), to help others to fulfill their oaths, to help the oppressed, to greet (whomever one should meet), and to accept the invitation (to a wedding banquet). He forbade us to wear golden rings, to use silver utensils, to use Mayathir (cushions of silk stuffed with cotton and placed under the rider on the saddle), the Qasiyya (linen clothes containing silk brought from an Egyptian town), the Istibraq (thick silk) and the Dibaj (another kind of silk). (See Hadith No. 539 and 753).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Personally I would't care who comes, as long as the wive is there I'm happy :D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Personally I would't care who comes, as long as the wive is there I'm happy :D
:D lol

Halima
07-21-2006, 10:04 PM

Bismillah..

If one couldn't attend a wedding that they are invited to, it is best to give congradulation ( i know i spelt that word wrong) . Might I add..

There is a hadîth related by Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to say when congratulating someone for a marriage: “May Allah bless you and yours and bring you both together in goodness.” [Sunan Abî Dâwûd (2130)]

www.islamtoday.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.