/* */

PDA

View Full Version : studying the Quran!

bint_muhammed
07-21-2006, 10:48 PM
:sl: :brother: :sister:
i'm reading the Quran in English and i've fallen in love iwth it honestly! it makes soooo much sense, and gives me strength and knowledge. anyway i was thinking if there is anyone who is also studying the Quran would like to discuss parts of it, as it will help increase our knowledge! anyone intrested?:thankyou:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Which one do you have in particular? The one i have is different then another one i read through in barns and nobles, people that i kniow have told me that the english texts are not perfect in translation, and i have also read it in spanish, that was even more innaccurate, i honestly wish i knew arabic.

Halima
07-21-2006, 10:56 PM
:sl:

Subhnallah may allah(swt) increase your knowledge and your interest in the Quran. May he guide you towards the light.

I would like to discuss
[Sûrah Fussilat: 36]

The remedies of anger and grudges? I have read this is and you should too insha'allah..

Allah says: “And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by Satan, seek refuge in Allah. He is the One Who hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah Fussilat: 36]

Sulayman b. Sard relates that two mean were arguing in the presence of the Prophet (peace be upon him) until one of them became livid in the face and the veins in his neck stood out. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I know some words that if he were to say them, his anger would leave him. If he would say: ‘I seek refuge with Allah from Satan’ then he would calm down.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (3108)]

Ibn al-Qayyim observes: “Anger sets itself upon the mind like a wolf sets itself upon a sheep. Satan attacks the mind more than anything else at times of anger and lust.”

bint_muhammed
07-21-2006, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
:sl:

Subhnallah may allah(swt) increase your knowledge and your interest in the Quran. May he guide you towards the light.

I would like to discuss
[Sûrah Fussilat: 36]

The remedies of anger and grudges? I have read this is and you should too insha'allah..

Allah says: “And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made to thee by Satan, seek refuge in Allah. He is the One Who hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah Fussilat: 36]

Sulayman b. Sard relates that two mean were arguing in the presence of the Prophet (peace be upon him) until one of them became livid in the face and the veins in his neck stood out. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I know some words that if he were to say them, his anger would leave him. If he would say: ‘I seek refuge with Allah from Satan’ then he would calm down.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (3108)]

Ibn al-Qayyim observes: “Anger sets itself upon the mind like a wolf sets itself upon a sheep. Satan attacks the mind more than anything else at times of anger and lust.”

:sl: :sister:
erm...i'm not on there yet, i'm reading it from start, i'm on surah 'cattle' if you know which i'm talking about, after 'the women'! anyway the above i think is really intresting because when your angry you do things that you regret later. seeking refuge in Allah what could be better? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint_muhammed
07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Which one do you have in particular? The one i have is different then another one i read through in barns and nobles, people that i kniow have told me that the english texts are not perfect in translation, and i have also read it in spanish, that was even more innaccurate, i honestly wish i knew arabic.
:sl: :sister:
havent got it at the mo, tell ya tomorro, sorry!:thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.