/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interested?

Khadeejah
07-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,

InshaAllah everyone is in the best of health and Iman.

The reason for this post is because a sister and I are in need of some help and ideas.

InshaAllah soon we will be in the beginning stages of a charity that is both for muslims and non muslim soon.

This charity will InshaAllah work through donations of Islamic clothing (abayas,hijabs, thoubs etc), Islamic books and inshaAllah non islamic attire including coats to donate in the winter.

We are also trying to start a food drive where we inshaAllah can go out between once and a few times a month and hand out warm food to the homeless or anyone who is hungry. this also will be worked through donations inshaAllah

This project means alot to me! and as I have stated earlier we will be in the beginning stages soon and we would really appreciate any help spreading the word and or ideas you may have that could be beneficial to our project.

Jazaak Allahu Khair for your time

if you are interested in this project or you would like to help even if you have ideas or you would like to know more please contact me inshaAllah.

I have been thinking of a few names and I really like Feesabililah and i was thinking of Simply Feesabililah or a helping hand Feesabililah.. Anyhoo inshaAllah let me know what you think :)

Fi Aman Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-22-2006, 03:10 AM
salam sis

jazakilah khayr for your effort it sounds really good mashalah... sorry i'm not of much use coz i'm not in NYC.

a small idea might be to setup like a center where ppl submit things like clothes and all that... and when you giv donation to non Muslims plug a little pamphlet on Islam, perhaps some of the islamic orgs down in the US can provide that so it wont add any extra costs inshalah

mabrook for the idea all the best

ps: there's an option down the bottom 'want to be a mod', click it and apply 2b a mod!

tc salam

Djinn
07-22-2006, 03:11 AM
:sl:

Good idea, and since you live in New York you could also expand by donating toys to the children especially during around Christmas. It just breaks the heart when children are barely fed and their parents can't afford to give a present to their child on Isa's (pbuh) day while most kids do. So by doing that little gesture, like the other donations, will help and send a message to Westerners that Islam is not evil and we care for all people.

May Allah (swt) bless your kind hearts and initiative.

:w:

P.S. I also wish I could help more but I live too far, but I do give small donations to the needy from my side.

lolwatever
07-22-2006, 03:14 AM
hehe bro Djin refer to the christmas thread, more liek giv them gifts on eid and a little picture book on what eid is lol :)

salamz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khadeejah
07-22-2006, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
hehe bro Djin refer to the christmas thread, more liek giv them gifts on eid and a little picture book on what eid is lol :)

salamz
haha ur right....

inshaAllah you can help by spreading the word. inshaAllah if u could send an email to a few friends maybe? with the internet there is bound to be someone you know who knows someone atleast near the NY area who knows someone in the NY are lol... anyhow Jazaak Allahu Khair

Djinn
07-22-2006, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever

salamz
Salam

Hun? Am I the only one who did not understood a word that you are trying to say.:?

Salam alaikum

lolwatever
07-22-2006, 04:09 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ting+christmas

ws wr wb :)

Djinn
07-22-2006, 04:21 AM

Alright! Alright! Geez! I don't see the need to insult me, I was just trying to be helpful and encouraging and give possible alternatives to donating in a Western society. Hope you will not have that kind of attitude when you guys donate.

Khadeejah
07-22-2006, 04:27 AM

Ahki I do not think it was to offend you in any way he was simply trying to state that we should not be giving them gifts for christmas but rather eid so that they will know about Eid and Islam inshaAllah

lolwatever
07-22-2006, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn

Alright! Alright! Geez! I don't see the need to insult me, I was just trying to be helpful and encouraging and give possible alternatives to donating in a Western society. Hope you will not have that kind of attitude when you guys donate.

oh im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry if it came across as an insult or anything bro! i reeeally really didnt mean it that way, i just tried to avoid going off topic so i gave u that link:embarrass

my bad maybe i should hav put it in dfiferent terms.. but really sorry if it seemed rude or nething..

take care salams :)

Dahir
07-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Am I INTERESTED? HECK FRICKIN' Yes! :D :brother: (minus the beard)

Khadeejah
07-22-2006, 04:34 PM

I think I have come up with a name. tell me what you think

Simply Feesabililah

or just plain

Feesabililah

does anyone have anyother ideas inshaAllah?

*noor
07-22-2006, 04:42 PM
mashaAllah sister this is a great idea and inshaAllah ill be able to help since i live here in nyc

Isaac
07-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Salam Sister. Mashallah and surely Allah will reward you for your niyat and your work. I came across some brothers while i was living away, and came across a similar project he was running. His was based around a similar idea, but had some sort of building in which people would come clean up, change of clothes, have somthing to eat and so on. It was like a drop in. Have some tea,etc. Seeing that your just starting and i think it would be good to see if you can get local organisations and other islamic projects to help you out i.e funding, sponsoring, donations etc. Personally the best thing to do is get local companies who are willing to help with donations involved, this way the word would spread and inshallah by the time you know it, you will be up and running. Mashallah.

afriend
07-25-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm lovin the idea and the name sister :) I wish I could give some money....But I can't.....

But if it's money you are worried about, then you can ask around the big companies for sponsorship, such as the national lottery (if you are living in the UK), they support many ideas and fund many charity organisations :)

I hope I have been oof some help :)

mujahedeen2087
07-25-2006, 03:26 AM
how can i get involved inshallah!

cute123
03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
How can i be of help its long time though

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.