/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic clothing

_salam_
07-22-2006, 03:45 AM
Does anybody know of any good Islamic clothing websites with clothing for men?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
07-22-2006, 04:25 AM
http://www.alhediya.com/disjal.html
No, you can not have the male dresses or skirts. LOL.

mlsh27
07-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Nevermind, I realize those are all man dresses.

strider
07-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Shukr

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gaf_G
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Brav get some material from some clothes shop then get some auntee jee to tailor u a shalwar kameez or just goto a tailor.

_salam_
07-22-2006, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
http://www.alhediya.com/disjal.html
No, you can not have the male dresses or skirts. LOL.
Ha Ha Ha, you just wait and see......;D

mlsh27
07-23-2006, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _salam_
Ha Ha Ha, you just wait and see......;D

You just wait and see your butt getting kicked out;D

abdulawwal
07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
check: www.saifclothing.com

strider
07-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Assalamu alaikum

You could also check Muslim Gear

Ma'assalama

Fishman
07-24-2006, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
:sl:
I don't like people like this, because they turn the name of Allah into a fashion logo. Also, what they are selling isn't really Islamic, it's just 'gangsta' clothing with the word Allah on it instead of some thuggish sogan. I have no idea why Muslims would want to imitate people who make ordinary, nice people get scared when they walk past them. If I walked past a bunch of strange people wearing hoodies, I would feel worried, and a lot of other people would too.

I think what this brother is looking for is thobes or salwar kameezes, things which are ascociated with Islam and Muslims, not gun crime and rap.
:w:

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I think he is looking for more Muslim-looking attire for the masjid. He already has regular clothes like pants and shirts....some of which he designed that are Islamic. I don't think Muslim Gear is bad..many peopl like to be in style, but still obeying their religion.

strider
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I don't like people like this, because they turn the name of Allah into a fashion logo. Also, what they are selling isn't really Islamic, it's just 'gangsta' clothing with the word Allah on it instead of some thuggish sogan. I have no idea why Muslims would want to imitate people who make ordinary, nice people get scared when they walk past them. If I walked past a bunch of strange people wearing hoodies, I would feel worried, and a lot of other people would too.

I think what this brother is looking for is thobes or salwar kameezes, things which are ascociated with Islam and Muslims, not gun crime and rap.
:w:
Pardon me? Their logo does NOT say Allah. Where on Earth did you get that idea from?

I fail to see what is so 'thuggish' about Muslim Gear. They are merely selling t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, shorts, skirts and tops but the difference is, they are a Muslim company thus you would be supporting Muslims when buying their attire. I think it is a wonderful initiative in helping the Muslim youth in particular to feel proud of their faith. Since when was wearing a sweatshirt with a hood entirely 'thuggish'? That is a sterotype and possible insult to all those who wear it to keep out the cold.

Ma'assalama

Gaf_G
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
you can get jubbahs with hoods now although some do look like the kkk....imagine a group of "hoodie-jubbah" bravs u might walk past thinking "masha'allah" or on the other hand you might walking past thinking "troublemakers"

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

Pardon me? Their logo does NOT say Allah. Where on Earth did you get that idea from?

I fail to see what is so 'thuggish' about Muslim Gear. They are merely selling t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, shorts, skirts and tops but the difference is, they are a Muslim company thus you would be supporting Muslims when buying their attire. I think it is a wonderful initiative in helping the Muslim youth in particular to feel proud of their faith. Since when was wearing a sweatshirt with a hood entirely 'thuggish'? That is a sterotype and possible insult to all those who wear it to keep out the cold.

Ma'assalama
I think it's natural to be apprehensive about people who choose to dress different than the norm of society.

*Umm_Umar*
07-27-2006, 06:26 AM
:sl: Br,

Where do you live? There are heaps of material stores in the East of London, why don't you get your thoubs etc tailor made?

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ally~
:sl: Br,

Where do you live? There are heaps of material stores in the East of London, why don't you get your thoubs etc tailor made?
He lives in the Southwest part of the US. There are not any stores where we are, and in the capitol there is a good one, but expensive. Getting them tailor made is out of his budget. Although his mother is an amazing seamstress, he refuses to ask her for help:?

*Umm_Umar*
07-27-2006, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
He lives in the Southwest part of the US. There are not any stores where we are, and in the capitol there is a good one, but expensive. Getting them tailor made is out of his budget. Although his mother is an amazing seamstress, he refuses to ask her for help:?
Oh right.
I came across this islamic men clothing store online once but i can't remember what its called. Inshallah i'll try lookin for it.
Has he checked out shukr.com? i've brought clothes from there before, their stuff is of good quality :thumbs_up

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Yeah he checked that out, but thinks it's too expensive...

Gaf_G
07-27-2006, 11:10 AM
if he dosn't wanna ask his moter for help just ask some auntee jee to do it for him aineee. just make sure you dont get too close to the auntee jee cos she may be offering her daughters for mariage with the tailor made clothes....its the reality of life.

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gaf_G
if he dosn't wanna ask his moter for help just ask some auntee jee to do it for him aineee. just make sure you dont get too close to the auntee jee cos she may be offering her daughters for mariage with the tailor made clothes....its the reality of life.
LOL. He is not close to his aunts. Plus all of his aunts are Catholic, so they were raised that their cousins are like brothers and sisters. Plus it's illegal to marry your first cousins in the US Alhumdulillah. It's just gross to even think about that because most families in the US are very close with their cousins like I said above as brothers and sisters.

Gaf_G
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
when i say auntee jee i dont litterally mean his real aunt could be any bravas mum....dont u have some sort of pakistani community around? u'll find plenty of aunti jees around

*Umm_Umar*
07-28-2006, 07:16 PM

I went to the ilford shopping centre today and on the 2nd floor these brothers have a stall there where their selling cool islamic logo t-shirts and other goods - which are really nice, so yeah if your from London and ever down there do check it out :thumbs_up

Mujahidah4Allah
07-28-2006, 07:30 PM

http://www.ejilbab.com

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
07-28-2006, 07:31 PM

http://www.islamicboutique.com

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.