/* */

PDA

View Full Version : indian music....path of believers or disbelievers?

Helena
07-22-2006, 05:07 PM
:sl:

thought i'll share this wid u all, that def caught my eyes and brought attention...wid out realisation we do certain thing that is unislamic.... plz read it carefully inshalah....

As Muslims we are all aware that music is Haram and I don’t need to or wish to dwell in to detail of this topic. Just as example the prophet has forbidden it and has prophesised that people will try making something unlawful in to lawful.

One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, further confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :
`There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`

THE WHOLE POINT of writing this message is the following:

Although music is haram many, many Muslims still listen to music and especially Indian film music without any consideration or fear of the almighty Allah.

Some people reading this may say “…big deal…. so what if we listen to music?”

Well for those brothers and sisters that say this or listen to Indian music I would like to say that every man is responsible for their own actions HOWEVER as a Muslim it is my duty to bring to you attention the following:

Brothers & sisters in Islam Almighty Allah is very, very merciful and forgives all sins BUT BY ALLAH!!!! in the Quran Allah says Inna -al-shirka Zhulm al-azheem (Quran 31:14) which means the greatest sin is SHIRK (associating partners with Allah or calling out to other than Allah) He also says that He will forgive all other sins if he wishes, except Shirk (Quran 4:49).

So from this we understand that shirk takes a person out of the fold of Islam i.e he becomes a kaafir and if he dies WITHOUT REPENTING he will go to the hell fire along with the non Muslims forever as Allah will never forgive him (Quran 4:49). One can pray salat, go hajj and fast all his life but if he commits shirk and dies without repenting he is doomed to the fire of jahanum

An Indian movie was released recently in March 2006 called Gangster. In this movie there is a song that many, many Muslims listen to and sing along to at home and on radio stations such as club asia. The title of this song is Ya Ali Reham Ali. They listen to it not knowing what they are saying and its implications. Below is part of the song with its lyrics and its translation:

ya ali reham ali
O Ali, take pity on me
ya ali yaar pe qurbaan hai sabhi
I'm ready to sacrifice everything for my friend
ya ali madad ali
help me O Ali
ya ali yeh meri jaan yeh zindagi
this is my life
ishq pe mita doon luta doon
I'll obliterate for love
main apani khudi
my ego, my self respect
yaar pe haan luta doon mita doon
I'll obliterate for my friend/lover
main yeh hasti
my being, my existence
ya ali reham ali
O Ali, take pity on me
ya ali yaar pe qurbaan hai sabhi
I'm ready to sacrifice everything for my friend
ya ali madad ali
help me O Ali
ya ali yeh meri jaan yeh zindagi
this is my life

Do Brother & sisters and those who listen to such tunes actually know what this song is?

IT’S SHIRK

The singer is calling upon Ali (radiyallhu anhu) to help him as he is in need. That is what the singer means by

ya ali reham ali
O Ali, take pity on me

Astagfirullah!!!!

It is a fundamental belief in Islam that only Allah and Allah alone helps one who is in need and He alone is worthy of being called upon. Anyone calling upon anyone besides Allah thinking they will help him will be guilty of shirk and will be out of the fold of Islam.

Brother & sisters and those who listen to such music fear Allah and take heed of this message DON’T LISTEN TO SUCH MUSIC & CRAP and kuffar. Protect your imaan and the imaan of your family members. If anyone in your family does listen to this tune (and other music such as this) explain to them the implications of this song. Because if one is to die in that state then verily it is a big loss, and there is no turning back.

There are other songs as well and if one was to research they will find many examples. Another example is a song in the film kabhi khushi kabhi gham. The title of the song is also kabhi khushi kabhi gham:

See the lyrics below and see how much Kuffar and shirk there is. And bearing in mind the person is singing this song to a Hindu god!!! Astagfirullah

KABHI KHUSHI KABHIE GHAM
In times of happiness, in times of sadness,
we shall not be separated
In times of happiness, in times of sadness
You have filled my very breath
My life is wholly by your influence
I shall worship you with each breath
This is your doing (what you have merited)
In times of happiness, in times of sadness,
I shall worship you with each breath
In morning and evening, I shall light lamps at your feet
I shall find you wherever I look for you
In morning and evening, I shall light lamps at your feet
I shall find you wherever I look for you
On these lips shall be your name, your name alone...
The love in my heart shall never lessen

What a pitiful state the ummah is in and the ummah is commiting such grave sins without knowing or having any care in the world.

MAY PROTECT US AND SAVE US FROM THIS EVIL

What to do if you have done wrong?

O Muslims Allah is infinitely merciful. At the beginning of every chapter of the Qur'an the verses “ In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful” is found.

In a hadith prophet Muhammad has mentioned that the mercy of Allah supersedes his wrath. It is also mentioned in the Qur'an:

"Say: O my slaves who have transgressed against themselves! Despair not for the mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. truly he is oft forgiving, most merciful." Az-Zumar (39:53)

Again, Allah says to the believers in a Hadith –ul-Qudsi.

“O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.”

There is still time to return to Allah my brother and sisters, ask for his forgiveness and he will forgive you.

Make a sincere promise to Allah that you will never listen to such “carp” again and warn others also. After you have repented be sure Allah has definitely forgiven you.

At the same time repeat the kalimah often whenever you can, this will help in strengthening your imaan, inshallah

Also read the following dua that the prophet Muhammad advised us to read to protect us from all forms of shirk

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika 'an 'ushrika bika wa 'anaa 'a'lamu, wa 'astaghfiruka limaa laa 'a'lamu.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I associate anything with You knowingly, and I seek Your forgiveness for what I know not.

any comments inshalah......:) feel free express you opinions....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 05:11 PM
i dont listen to music so its kool :thumbs_up

Hijaabi22
07-22-2006, 05:15 PM
^ bro Abd Majid dat u? ^^ u changed ya username?

wicked post sis

[I:GM] Forum
07-22-2006, 05:20 PM
in my limited knowledge of Islam, i think i can remember that one of the names of Allah (swt) is also Alii, but im not sure how you spell it, correct me if im wrong guy's, so this song ya ali reham ali could be refering to Allah (Swt),

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow sis! This is gettin emailed to bare ppl! Jazakallah Khairun!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
^ bro Abd Majid dat u? ^^ u changed ya username?

wicked post sis
yup expect it to get changed again v.soon

Hijaabi22
07-22-2006, 05:52 PM
how u change it I wanna change mine ;)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
PM Ansar_Al_Adl inshaAllah

------
07-22-2006, 05:59 PM
P.S. Sis Helena i would rep u but i cnt coz i gtta spread it around :mad:

Helena
07-22-2006, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
P.S. Sis Helena i would rep u but i cnt coz i gtta spread it around :mad:
ah men...if only... reps.....:statisfie .... ohh well nxt time....

sis u can at least....comment something inshalah.....

limitless
07-22-2006, 06:06 PM

Subnallah sister! You just made the thread that I was going to. Excellent, May Allah give you great rewards in this world and hereafter. I do not listen to indian songs, nor watch indian movies, or have anything else that is assiocated with india, or its culture.

I am so thankful that I never enjoyed indian movies or its songs, always disliked them and I am attempting to quit listening to songs it is very hard because I am still adapted to my oldself, where I have committed many sins, I hope Allah forgives me because no one told me what really is a sin or not, all I was told was to read Qu'ran and read salats, that is, nothing more and nothing less.

Again, mashallah sister, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

P.S: Sister, there is another song, which was sang in "Aamir Khan"'s new movie, to which he married a blind girl or something, I heard it from my brother and mom talking about. The song is "subnallah" with music assiocated. Do not listen or watch movies or songs, I myself am attempting my best to quit music and I have already stopped watching movies, hollywood or Canadians.

Helena
07-22-2006, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

Subnallah sister! You just made the thread that I was going to. Excellent, May Allah give you great rewards in this world and hereafter. I do not listen to indian songs, nor watch indian movies, or have anything else that is assiocated with india, or its culture.

I am so thankful that I never enjoyed indian movies or its songs, always disliked them and I am attempting to quit listening to songs it is very hard because I am still adapted to my oldself, where I have committed many sins, I hope Allah forgives me because no one told me what really is a sin or not, all I was told was to read Qu'ran and read salats, that is, nothing more and nothing less.

Again, mashallah sister, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

P.S: Sister, there is another song, which was sang in "Aamir Khan"'s new movie, to which he married a blind girl or something, I heard it from my brother and mom talking about. The song is "subnallah" with music assiocated. Do not listen or watch movies or songs, I myself am attempting my best to quit music and I have already stopped watching movies, hollywood or Canadians.

u were gonna make this thread? LOL....

Alahmdulilah bro..totally understand where u coming from. MAy Allah(swt) give you strength, belive and faith in him and to protect us from the saytan..woteva move we make...we shud only fear Allah(swt) before taking a step that leads to wrong path....inshalah...we shud be dedicated to islam..at the end will face our lord..the one who created us...bear in mind...wot are we gonna take in return..when death approaches us?

i see they made another song called suballah..astagfirullah..wid music.....jus misleading ppl....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.