/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Views on Hassan Nasrallah

Dahir
07-23-2006, 03:27 AM
This is another one of my "Your views on..." Threads, so bear with me:

What do you think of Hezbollah leader and mid-ranking Shia Cleric Hassan Nasrallah?

Here's something from his Bio:

Hassan Nesrallah (Arabic: حسن نصرالله‎) (b. 1960, Burj Hammud, Beirut, Lebanon), is the current Secretary General of the Lebanese political party and anti-imperialist resistance movement Hezbollah.
From his politics, what kind of leader is he, in your eyes?

Is he a "good guy" or a "bad guy?"

What do YOU think when Nasrallah comes to mind?

What are YOUR views on Hassan Nasrallah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
07-23-2006, 05:13 AM
i really know very little about him personally.
i do condemn hezbollah for capturing the israeli soldiers knowing that there was a strong chance the israelis would react as they have (and are), inflicting immeasurable destruction and suffering on the lebanese people. in my view, hezbollah shares in the responsibity for what is now taking place.
anyway, here's a link to an article that tells a bit about him.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...401401_pf.html

Dahir
07-23-2006, 05:45 AM
i do condemn hezbollah for capturing the israeli soldiers knowing that there was a strong chance the israelis would react as they have (and are), inflicting immeasurable destruction and suffering on the lebanese people.
Not really. I, and much of the world, have been witnessing Prisoner swaps for as long as we can remember, I don't ever recollect seeing a country invaded and occupied for that sort of action. Never seen something like that, so I can never blame Hezbollah.

imaad_udeen
07-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Puppet of Iran.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
07-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Puppet of Iran.
Iran funds him, so he's a puppet?

The US funds Israel, is Israel a puppet?

My parents fund me, am I a puppet?

I think you're a bit paranoid. I know sometimes we think that things must run a bit deeper, but I think sometimes what you see is what you get, I just see a typical militant leader, and that's what it just might be, MIGHT be.

imaad_udeen
07-23-2006, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Iran funds him, so he's a puppet?

He is a puppet because he is totally controlled by Iran.

You reference to the US and Israel, while cute, is very naive.

Israel has a democratically elected government which is responsible to its people. Of course it's need for American aid influences some decisions, but if the US told Israel to get itself in a war it couldn't win just to further US interests, Israel would not.

Dahir
07-23-2006, 07:27 AM
He is a puppet because he is totally controlled by Iran.

You reference to the US and Israel, while cute, is very naive.

Israel has a democratically elected government which is responsible to its people. Of course it's need for American aid influences some decisions, but if the US told Israel to get itself in a war it couldn't win just to further US interests, Israel would not.
Also, if the U.N. and the majority of the world told Israel to use restraint, Israel would not. Israel is a "puppet" that hates to listen.

And I'm pretty sure that the United States is Israel's puppet and not the other way around. But those are MY assumptions, just like YOUR unproven assumption that Nasrallah is a puppet.

Lamaggad
07-23-2006, 07:42 AM
I agree with every thing that Hezb Allah is doing for his country Lebanon and i support them 100% of what is he doing now, but i disagree with some of thier beliefs ONLY...

he's calm, smart, very brave, strong, logical in his views... etc.

consider seeing this video where Hezb Allah have killed two Muslim Arab kids accidentally...
it's on this thread...

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post415308

Hassan Nassr Allah have admitted Hezb Allah's mistake and apologised infront of the whole world to this family and took full responsibility unlike the zionists side who is destroying a country and have made so many crimes against Lebanon and Palestine since years and never said any thing but speaking violence instead.

Genius
07-23-2006, 09:32 AM
A hero.......a lion in a crowd of donkeys.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.