/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Much talk about the UN resolution 1559

Anette
07-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Help me, is it the only resolution that has not been implemented in the region?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
07-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Resolution 242 is probably the most notorious failure, which among other things called for Israeli withdrawl from all territories occupied as a result of the 1967 war. It should be pointed out that the PLO rejected it too, albeit for rather different reasons. The Israelis also pretty much ignored Resolution 446 (dealing with "settlements" in the occupied territories), although attitudes have changed within Israel somewhat since the 'hawkish' attitude of the time. There are others, to varying degrees.

جوري
07-23-2006, 03:49 PM
No... lots of resolutions have not been implemented in the region mostly by Israel...

http://www.users.cloud9.net/%7Erecro...jectIndex.html

you can read about some laws passed here that were swept under the rug

Anette
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Thank you, what I needed was just this kind of information and the numbers on the resolution. I know it is about 65 resolutions so ...

I trying to get a bit of perspective against just pointing out this particular resolution as a reason in another forum.

Thank you for your help!

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-23-2006, 04:05 PM
sure it is my pleasure.... these are actually all written by a christian arab... you will not be getting the Muslim perspective which many seem to frown upon just by virtue of being just that... let me know if there is anything else you are looking for?
peace to you as well....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.