/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Q & A's for the Newly Married Couple..

- Qatada -
07-23-2006, 07:17 PM
:salamext:

A set of Questions and Answers for the newly married couple:

http://www.islam-qa.com/special/inde...bsite=1&ln=eng

http://www.islamonline.net/English/F...es/index.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Fiqh of the Family:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...ref=343&ln=eng

Umm Safiya
07-23-2006, 10:32 PM
:sl:

Jazak Allâhu khayr akhî..

Dahir
07-24-2006, 12:53 AM
I won't be needing that for another...oh, 30 or 40 years, but thanks for the link though :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
07-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Thats nice thanks, i like the ember part mashaAllah! BaarakaAllahu feek.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 01:15 PM
i wnt b needn dat 4 a long tym aswel.. but umm.. oki :rollseyes :D

- Qatada -
07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
:salamext:

At the beginning, when i read it - i forgot to see the left hand side of the page - because there are other links there which are to do with the marriage, and answers to some misconceptions people might have about it.

So everyone should check them out too insha'Allaah ta'aala.

:wasalamex

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 02:09 PM
To the bride: anger is an ember from Hell. Beware of burning yourself and your house with it!

noooooooooooooooo, not the house :offended:

*Umm_Umar*
07-27-2006, 06:40 AM

I'm supprised by some of the answers, i was so not aware of some of the stuff on there.
Jazakallah khair for the link br.

mlsh27
08-21-2006, 01:18 AM
I hate the whole "the wife must be obedient to the husband" thing. It makes women seem like pets, rather than partners. Don't expect me to be obedient if he is not obedient to me as well.

lolwatever
08-21-2006, 01:22 AM
^^ u dont have to obey him in something that he's in disobedience ot Allah

and btw, ur forgetting that you get rewarded for obeying your husband... and it's the rule Allah and his prophet, not a culture thing..

mlsh27
08-21-2006, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ u dont have to obey him in something that he's in disobedience ot Allah

and btw, ur forgetting that you get rewarded for obeying your husband... and it's the rule Allah and his prophet, not a culture thing..
I understand, but I disagree with things that make women appear lesser than men. I will do what he asks if he does what I ask...however, he doesn't, so I feel I have no obligation do be "obedient" to him.

lolwatever
08-21-2006, 01:27 AM
ps: it doesnt mean that the wife is a slave 2 her hubby lol btw... she sure can disagree and discuss with him and all that.. and he'd be a fool 2not listen and take her seriously and change his mind if she's got a point....

but just like you need a leader in every firm/organisation, there's gotta be a leader in the household, and Allah assigned teh responsibility to the husband... and just like a good leader seeks teh advise and consults the people around him, so should a good husband consult his wife and listen to her valuable advise :)

salamz

lolwatever
08-21-2006, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by c'est*moi
I understand, but I disagree with things that make women appear lesser than men. I will do what he asks if he does what I ask...however, he doesn't, so I feel I have no obligation do be "obedient" to him.
well that's a pretty sour marriage innit :rollseyes

mlsh27
08-21-2006, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
ps: it doesnt mean that the wife is a slave 2 her hubby lol btw... she sure can disagree and discuss with him and all that.. and he'd be a fool 2not listen and take her seriously and change his mind if she's got a point....

but just like you need a leader in every firm/organisation, there's gotta be a leader in the household, and Allah assigned teh responsibility to the husband... and just like a good leader seeks teh advise and consults the people around him, so should a good husband consult his wife and listen to her valuable advise :)

salamz
Thankfully, I am head of household! I believe the popular saying, "The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any ways she wants."

P.S.- My marriage is good as long as I have the control :)

Hani789
08-21-2006, 12:20 PM
jazakallah ikhee

LUVAR
11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
all you have to do is make him think his the boss when in reality its you. am sure sisters know what i mean.

Malaikah
11-13-2006, 11:42 PM

^LOL. I read ya loud and clear sis. ;)

Anyway, a proper Muslim husband would always take his wifes opinion in to consideration in the first place, its his duty to treat her nicely and take care of her, and if he does that and follows the sunnah properly, there wouldnt be any need for the wife be in control and just let her husband think that he is.

Daffodil
11-14-2006, 08:57 PM
the prophet saw sed that a woman can enter any of the 8 gates of paradise that she pleases so long as she obeys her husband, reads her 5 n fasts her month.

a womans salah is not lifted from her head if her husband is angry with her.

subhanallah allah has made it so easy for women to enter paradise.

nelly
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
i need to ask a question and if any1 has the answer can u reply bak please

nelly
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
im askin a question on behalf of my sis. she was married for only 8 weeks wen her husband lleft due to personal problems. he says he's not cumin bak but also says he's not goin to divorce her. i heard if u stay away from your wife for a certain amount of time u are automatically divorecd is this true?

chris4336
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
This was practiced during pre-Islamic times and the Prophet put a stop to it. I believe the time is 4 months, but I'm not sure. However, it is not permissible for him to just leave her and not divorce her.

kitten
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM

:j: bro

muslim power
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
wow thats some informative stuff...

u know a lot of men these days just totally make slaves outta their wives coz of tht obedience thing, they completely abuse it.. i hate that! they neever compromise or anything about even the smallest things... twisting islam to do what they want, a3oodhubillah.

3ARABY_2005
05-14-2007, 03:24 PM
nice site...sure it will help in better understanding

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.