/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive: Two Warders Strap Korans To Their Feet .. And Pretend To Ski

Isaac
07-23-2006, 08:09 PM
EXCLUSIVE: TWO WARDERS STRAP KORANS TO THEIR FEET .. AND PRETEND TO SKI

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...-name_page.html

Shock Feltham claims.. Officers suspended for playing 'Muslim Olympics' Fury weeks after report into racist murder of inmate
By Justin Penrose, Crime Reporter
TWO prison officers are under investigation over claims they strapped copies of the Koran to their feet to use as skis in sick games dubbed "Muslim Olympics".

Placing the Koran below the feet is regarded as the "ultimate insult" by Muslims.

The officers - based at scandal-hit Feltham Young Offenders' Institution - are also accused of using the Koran for "discus" events.

But they now face the sack if the case is proved after a shocked fellow officer at Feltham reported them to the institution's governor. The pair have been suspended on full pay - of between £25,000 and £30,000 a year - while the claims are investigated.

The alleged scandal comes just three weeks after a damning independent report into the racist murder of Zahid Mubarek at Feltham was published. A public inquiry found 186 separate failings in the run-up to his killing by skinhead Robert Stewart, who beat him to death with a table-leg.

A Feltham source said: "No one can believe this has happened right after the Mubarek report, and the bosses were desperately hoping it wouldn't come out.

Advertisement

"They apparently strapped copies of the Koran to their feet with sticky tape and had what they called skiing races. Then they're supposed to have seen how far they could throw the Koran in another event, they called the discus.

"Everyone is calling what they are accused of doing the 'Muslim Olympics'. But no one thinks it is funny - particularly the guy who reported them, who thought it was offensive. If the investigation finds they did this, it is a total disgrace and tarnishes the image of the whole prison service."

A spokesman for the Muslim Council of Great Britain was shocked by the claims.

He said: "If these allegations are true, this is very disturbing, especially in the wake of the Mubarek Inquiry.

"This extremely offensive attitude toward the holy scripture would be very troubling as it would suggest an anti-Muslim prejudice within the staff there.

"We welcome the suspensions but we hope that the authorities will take measures to root out anti-Muslim prejudice."

Feltham governor Andrew Cross said last night: "I personally see all new staff at Feltham and make it absolutely clear that racism, sexism, homophobia or any other discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated.

"I am currently looking into allegations that two prison officers behaved in a racist manner and I am awaiting the outcome of that investigation."

A spokesman for the Prison Service said: "Two officers were suspended from Feltham prison for alleged racist behaviour. An investigation ordered by the governor is ongoing."

The Mubarek Inquiry, carried out by Mr Justice Keith, exposed a catastrophic series of blunders that led to the 19-year-old's killing.

Mr Justice Keith named 20 men and women whose blunders or failures contributed to the tragedy.

Stewart, then 19 - and with RIP tattooed on his forehead - beat Zahid to death with a leg from a cell table during the early hours of March 21, 2000.

Throughout his time in prison Stewart had written letters in which he described his hatred of other races.

In one, a month before the murder, he said: "If I don't get bail on the 7th I'll take extreme measures to get shipped out.

"I'll kill me f***ing pad mate if I have to. Bleach me sheets and pillowcases white, make myself a Ku Klux Klan suit and walk out me pad holding a flaming cross."

THE HOLY BOOK

FOLLOWERS of Islam treat the Koran with such respect that they insist on washing before holding it. To be put under the feet causes huge offence to Muslims.

A spokesman for the Muslim Council of Great Britain said: "Placing the Koran under your feet is the ultimate insult. It is why when the statue of Saddam fell, people took off their shoes and hit it with the soles."

If a passage of the Koran is reproduced in a newspaper it is illegal under Islamic law to throw that newspaper away in case it becomes soiled.

Comment:

Another example of freedom of expression. Earlier this year we had the offensive cartoons insulting the blessed prophet Muhammed saw and now we have this.

I wonder what motivated these individuals to want to insult and degrade Islam in this sacriligious way? maybe its the atmosphere which exists today in the media and in the wider society created by Governments which portrays Islam and Muslims as fanatics hell bent on world domination who are irrational and violent.

Its quite funny because extremism exists in all religions e.g Judaism, Christianity, hiduism and Sikhism but it is only the Islamic variety which gets the most publicity and is portrayed as being the majority opinion and some western thinkers and writers have said that "Islam is extremism, and is diametrically opposed to our western way of life, and the Quran is what fuels these fanatics who are doing Gods work according to the basis of their belief".

I wonder how Muslims will react to this story? will it make our blood boil and want to do something legitamate to defend Islam or will we ignore this and carry on with our day to day life?

The best advertisement for Islam is how we as Muslims live and interact with Non-Muslims bacause after all we have been put in this world to be the ambassadors of Islam, this is the reason why Allah created us and one day we will leave this world when Allah decides that our time is up, could be today or tomorrow ? And Allah is worthy of all praise and obediance but only the intelligent know this and act accordingly

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-23-2006, 11:41 PM
A good side to the story:

But they now face the sack if the case is proved after a shocked fellow officer at Feltham reported them to the institution's governor. The pair have been suspended on full pay - of between £25,000 and £30,000 a year - while the claims are investigated.
Before anybody gets upset over the suspension with pay. It is only fair that they are not penalized until the allegations are proven and suitable punishment is levied. It is not up to the immediate supervisors to levy penalty at this phase.

Dahir
07-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Why do I almost always hear of cases like this in Europe; Jyllands-Posten, Theo Van Gogh, Ayaaan Hirsi, etc.:?

Europe has a far more substantial Muslim population than the North America or any other Western region in the World, and yet cases like this pop up all the time in Europe! Where are the Muslim rights groups to place great burden and punishment on the part of the offenders?!

Are European Muslims passive or is there not respect of Muslims in Europe?? This kind of disrespect of Islam and our holy Quran must stop NOW! Take ACTION!

Note: If you're going to take action, do so with supervision and a green light from elders or higher authorities, and do so with caution and regard to the life of the offender(s).

Joe98
07-24-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Europe has a far more substantial Muslim population than ......any other Western region in the World, and yet cases like this pop up all the time in Europe!

Hmmmmmm.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
07-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Hmmmmmm.
So Joe Wonders :D

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Why do I almost always hear of cases like this in Europe; Jyllands-Posten, Theo Van Gogh, Ayaaan Hirsi, etc.:?

Europe has a far more substantial Muslim population than the North America or any other Western region in the World, and yet cases like this pop up all the time in Europe! Where are the Muslim rights groups to place great burden and punishment on the part of the offenders?!
Yes. I would like to know where the Muslim Rights Groups were in the Theo Van Gogh murder or when Ayaan Hirsi Ali received death threats, or when those Cartoon protesters threatened mass murder.

Do you think that if Europe had fewer Muslims it might have fewer people willing to murder people like van Gogh, Hirsi or the Cartoonists?

Are European Muslims passive or is there not respect of Muslims in Europe?? This kind of disrespect of Islam and our holy Quran must stop NOW! Take ACTION!
Perhaps you only hear about it because the West has a free press. I have a a solution - adopt the Middle Eastern policy of suppressing all bad news about Europe. No doubt more Muslims would suffer, but you'd be happier because you would never hear about it.

جوري
07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Yes. I would like to know where the Muslim Rights Groups were in the Theo Van Gogh murder or when Ayaan Hirsi Ali received death threats, or when those Cartoon protesters threatened mass murder.

Do you think that if Europe had fewer Muslims it might have fewer people willing to murder people like van Gogh, Hirsi or the Cartoonists?

Perhaps you only hear about it because the West has a free press. I have a a solution - adopt the Middle Eastern policy of suppressing all bad news about Europe. No doubt more Muslims would suffer, but you'd be happier because you would never hear about it.
I'd also like to know where "rights" groups were when a massacre happened in sebrerenica...
and when all these other massacres happened The massacre of Baldat al-Shaikh - 31.01.1947
The massacre of Deir Yasin - 09.04.1948
The massacre of Qibya - 14.10.1953
The massacre of Kufr Qasim - 29.10.1956
The massacre of Sabra and Shatila Camps - 16.09.1982
The massacre of Al-Aqsa Mosque - 08.10.1990
The massacre of Ebrahimi Mosque - 25.02.1994
The massacre of Qana - 18.04.1996?
I also know that the same law that grants you freedom of speech has denied Oscar Wilde the same right to depict the Jewish Salome in a play where she asked for the beheading of john the Baptist by virtue of their law disallowing biblical characters to be depicted on stage ... so when Muslims protest it is anti-freedom of speech and when the Brits demands it it is the law? get off your high horse of hypocrisy

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I'd also like to know where "rights" groups were when a massacre happened in sebrerenica...
and when all these other massacres happened The massacre of Baldat al-Shaikh - 31.01.1947
The massacre of Deir Yasin - 09.04.1948
The massacre of Qibya - 14.10.1953
The massacre of Kufr Qasim - 29.10.1956
The massacre of Sabra and Shatila Camps - 16.09.1982
The massacre of Al-Aqsa Mosque - 08.10.1990
The massacre of Ebrahimi Mosque - 25.02.1994
The massacre of Qana - 18.04.1996?
This remains utterly irrelevant. What happens in the Middle East is a problem for the people of the Middle East. It has no relevance to Europe. It has less relevance to this thread. The massacre at Qibya does not justify the killing of Theo van Gogh. The massacre at Qana does not justify attempts to murder Hirsi Ali. Not even the massacre at Dier Yassin justifies threats to the cartoonists. You are simply trying, badly, to distract attention from the real problem.

I also know that the same law that grants you freedom of speech has denied Oscar Wilde the same right to depict the Jewish Salome in a play where she asked for the beheading of john the Baptist by virtue of their law disallowing biblical characters to be depicted on stage ... so when Muslims protest it is anti-freedom of speech and when the Brits demands it it is the law? get off your high horse of hypocrisy
I am sorry but when was the last Oscar Wilde play banned for anything at all? Nor has Britain ever had a law prohibiting the depiction of Biblical characters. Where do you get this nonsense from?

Besides, this is Europe. European norms ought to apply. If you do not like it, there is an obvious solution.

Khaldun
07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
This remains utterly irrelevant. What happens in the Middle East is a problem for the people of the Middle East. It has no relevance to Europe. It has less relevance to this thread. The massacre at Qibya does not justify the killing of Theo van Gogh. The massacre at Qana does not justify attempts to murder Hirsi Ali. Not even the massacre at Dier Yassin justifies threats to the cartoonists. You are simply trying, badly, to distract attention from the real problem.

Yet another clear example of picking and choosing, I guess to you a life in Europe is more precious then in other places. You are yourself falling into that which you blame others for, open your eyes humans are humans wether they be in the Middle Eastt or Europe wether they be Muslim or Jew.

جوري
07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
you should read more often so you don't come across like a blathering fool
"Oscar Wilde's play
Main article: Salome (play)
This story was made the subject of a play by Oscar Wilde. In Wilde's play, Salome takes a perverse fancy for John the Baptist, and causes him to be executed when John spurns her affections. In the finale, Salome takes up John's severed head and kisses it. Because British law forbade the depiction of Bible characters on stage, Wilde wrote the play originally in French"
source is wiki a favorite when for anti-Islamic articles again further proving the hypocrisy of what you choose to read or avert your eyes to... and to the contrary I think the massacres occurring involving Muslims have a great deal to do with why some of how should I say this...more vigilant islamophobes get assassinated more often.. cheers

Muezzin
07-24-2006, 04:41 PM
If these allegations are true, and those guys really are what I call skinheads, I hope they're punished accordingly.

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
Yet another clear example of picking and choosing, I guess to you a life in Europe is more precious then in other places. You are yourself falling into that which you blame others for, open your eyes humans are humans wether they be in the Middle Eastt or Europe wether they be Muslim or Jew.
I do not think it is a matter of picking and choosing. I think that Israelis killing people in Lebanon does not justify British people killing people in Britain. I think that the constant refrain of "oh but what about X" where X is some remote atrocity with no connection to the issue at hand is a fallacious debating trick.

I agree totally that Muslims are as human as anyone else. I do not think that the fact that Israelis killed some Arabs in 1952 justifies ignoring the death of Theo Van Gogh.

Moreover I would take this whole conversation more seriously if I was reassured that Muslims do, in fact, consider the lives of non-Muslims as valuable as the lives of Muslims. I have a rough idea of what Islamic law says although I might be wrong, but perhaps you could reassure me by pointing out a few protests in Muslim countries or by Muslims generally against the killing of non-Muslims? Europeans protested against the War in Iraq in their millions.

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
you should read more often so you don't come across like a blathering fool
"Oscar Wilde's play
Main article: Salome (play)
This story was made the subject of a play by Oscar Wilde. In Wilde's play, Salome takes a perverse fancy for John the Baptist, and causes him to be executed when John spurns her affections. In the finale, Salome takes up John's severed head and kisses it. Because British law forbade the depiction of Bible characters on stage, Wilde wrote the play originally in French"
source is wiki a favorite when for anti-Islamic articles again further proving the hypocrisy of what you choose to read or avert your eyes to... and to the contrary I think the massacres occurring involving Muslims have a great deal to do with why some of how should I say this...more vigilant islamophobes get assassinated more often.. cheers
1. Wikipedia is often wrong

2. That was in 1896 which was, you may have noticed, some time ago.

2.1 Hence it was not the same law as you alleged. British law has changed a lot since 1896.

I agree that some of the massacres involving Muslims are one of the causes for why there are terrorist attacks by misguided Muslims in the West. But only some of them. Not those that involve Muslims for instance as the perpetrators. The biggest murderers of Muslims are other Muslims but that causes no outrage. The biggest oppressors of Muslims are other Muslims but that causes no outrage. What does is the attacks by Kafirs on Muslims. That causes attacks on other Kafirs with no connection to the original attack at all. That ought to cause outrage as well.

Khaldun
07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
You dont realise it but your doing excactly the same, and who said one death justifies another?

But since your so knowledgable about Islams teaching please do tell me what Islamic Law says.

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
You dont realise it but your doing excactly the same, and who said one death justifies another?
I am manifestly not doing the same. I think that British Muslims should have an opinion on attacks on British people in Britain. Someone else here thinks that massacres by non-British Israelis of non-British Palestinians means that British Muslims do not need to hold or express an opinion on attacks on British people in Britain and he seems to be edging towards saying that massacres by non-British Israelis of non-British Palestinians means that any bombings in Britain are justified. I have never claimed one death justifies another except as a matter of criminal law.

But since your so knowledgable about Islams teaching please do tell me what Islamic Law says.
I take it you cannot name a protest by Muslims against the murder of non-Muslims?

جوري
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
1. Wikipedia is often wrong.
Glad you think so... Hope we can hold this comment in high esteem the next time one of you cuts and pastes it as a source as for instance the defintion of hezballah as a terrorist group
2. That was in 1896 which was, you may have noticed, some time ago..
what you are saying to me essentially is that morals are subject to change with the times? I am cool with that

2.1 Hence it was not the same law as you alleged. British law has changed a lot since 1896..
I didn't allege it was written in the article which you choose to think is rubbish a regular thing I see here... in regard of what articles are befitting belief and which one's aren't I don't think you and your two buddies are the authority on what is true... we have a long history of hypocrisy and colonialism which somehow you refuse to see as a source for the discord ... these things build up and fester ... was it you that just demonstrated exemplary skill with psychiatry on another post? if not ignore the last bit

I agree that some of the massacres involving Muslims are one of the causes for why there are terrorist attacks by misguided Muslims in the West. But only some of them. Not those that involve Muslims for instance as the perpetrators. The biggest murderers of Muslims are other Muslims but that causes no outrage. The biggest oppressors of Muslims are other Muslims but that causes no outrage. What does is the attacks by Kafirs on Muslims. That causes attacks on other Kafirs with no connection to the original attack at all. That ought to cause outrage as well.
I think this is just your inner child speaking... am I too allowed to make a psychitric analysis like the superior anti-Muslims cohorts?

Khaldun
07-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I am manifestly not doing the same. I think that British Muslims should have an opinion on attacks on British people in Britain. Someone else here thinks that massacres by non-British Israelis of non-British Palestinians means that British Muslims do not need to hold or express an opinion on attacks on British people in Britain and he seems to be edging towards saying that massacres by non-British Israelis of non-British Palestinians means that any bombings in Britain are justified. I have never claimed one death justifies another except as a matter of criminal law.
This is what is called denial

I take it you cannot name a protest by Muslims against the murder of non-Muslims?
(Note; Its against the killing of civilians wether they be Muslim or not)

My dear friend please do not be to hasty. Muslims rally against Al-Qaeda

Now I think there was the small matter regarding your special Islamic knowledge, please do not deprive us from it. :thankyou:

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
This is what is called denial
Denial of what exactly?

(Note; Its against the killing of civilians wether they be Muslim or not)

Sorry I think I may have messed up your post a little here. Editing problems.

OK. Let's go with your source. Remember the challenge was to find a Muslim protesting against the murder of non-Muslims....

November 07, 2005
Muslims Protest Al Qaeda

A large rally was held in Morocco over the weekend. That isn't newsworthy in itself, but they weren't chanting anti-American slogans at this rally. They were rallying against Al Qaeda and its killing of Muslims:

Thousands have marched through Morocco's biggest city to protest against al-Qaida's decision to kill two Moroccan hostages in Iraq.

Holding banners and chanting "Muslims are brothers. A Muslim does not kill his brother" and "Yes to freedom, No to terrorism and barbarity", the protesters on Sunday marched through Casablanca, a city of six million and Morocco's financial capital.

Top Moroccan officials, ministers, pro-government and opposition party leaders, and trade unions and rights groups led the protest to put pressure on al-Qaida to free the two men.

Al Qaeda's decision to kill the Moroccans even drew the condemnation of local Islamic scholars:

Morocco's influential organisation of Islamic scholars, known as the High Council of the Ulema and the Councils of Ulema in the Moroccan Kingdom, dismissed al-Qaida's argument that its verdict to kill the two embassy employees was "God's judgment".

"The two Moroccans would be considered martyrs if this iniquitous verdict were to be carried out, as they were carrying out a duty assigned to them by their nation and legitimate state," the Moroccan Islamic body said on Saturday.

It appears that Zarqawi's brutal tactics are squandering the goodwill that bin Laden and Zawahiri worked so hard to get. Will we see a split within Al Qaeda before all popular support is lost or will the entire group become a pariah in the Muslim world? An even better question is why did the mainstream media ignore this event? Several websites put the number of protesters at 150,000( although opponents say 10,000). Would the American media have ignored this event if 150,000 Muslims had gathered to protest the U.S.? Do I even need to answer that for you?

A woman comforts an unidentified relative of Abdelkrim el-Mouhafidi, one of two kidnapped Moroccan embassy workers, in Casablanca, southern Morocco, Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005, as thousands marched through the city on Sunday to protest al Qaida's decision to kill two Moroccan hostages in Iraq. Al Qaida has said it decided to kill the Moroccan embassy employees, Abderrahim Boualem and Abdelkrim al Mouhafidi because of Morocco's support for the US-backed Iraqi government.

The King of Morocco calls the kidnappers criminals in a nationwide speech:

Also in a nationwide speech Sunday evening marking the 30th anniversary of the Green March, King Mohammed VI strongly condemned what he described as “hideous crime”, the kidnapping of the two Moroccan nationals. “I must strongly condemn the despicable kidnapping, by terrorist gangs in Iraq (…) It is a crime which is condemned by the Moroccan people” and “is unacceptable by any moral or religious standards.”

The monarch nonetheless said he still expects “the criminals to come to their senses, and set free those two innocent citizens, who are from an Arab, Muslim country that has spared no effort to stand by the brotherly Iraqi people in their ordeal, advocating dialogue and wisdom to overcome their crisis.”

I would say this proves my point: hundreds of dead kafirs and not a word. Two dead Moroccans and suddenly the streets are alive. Let me ask you why it seems to those Moroccans dead Nepalese or Fijians are not worth a peep but two Moroccans are?
[/quote]

Khaldun
07-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Although you are deviating from the main topic and you didnt answer my question about your Islamic knowledge, I take it you didnt click the link on the website. Going around in circle is all nice, but really Heigou we wont get anywhere.

HeiGou
07-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Although you are deviating from the main topic and you didnt answer my question about your Islamic knowledge, I take it you didnt click the link on the website. Going around in circle is all nice, but really Heigou we wont get anywhere.
I do not see that I am deviating at all. We all know what the state of my Islamic knowledge is and I have never suggested otherwise. I did click the link - I even posted most of it with all the good bits high-lighted. The fact that Moroccans protest against the murder of Moroccans is, surely, an argument for me, not for you?

I am happy to stop whenever you, as a Moderator or even as the other person in a debate, feel it is appropriate.

Khaldun
07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Share this knowledge then, as you said previously.

HeiGou

I have a rough idea of what Islamic law says although I might be wrong,
What is this idea, what does Islam say?

I did click the link - I even posted most of it with all the good bits high-lighted. The fact that Moroccans protest against the murder of Moroccans is, surely, an argument for me, not for you?
I do apologies with the link I meant http://allthingsconservative.typepad...r_denounc.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.