/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying with Niqab

*Umm_Umar*
07-24-2006, 05:11 AM
:sl:

I know were not allowed to pray with our face covered. I wanted to know why this is? and by doing so does that mean your prayer would not be valid?
Because i wear a niqab and there's time when i have to perform salah outside. Theres been a couple of times that i have and since there was chance of men going past, i left my niqab on, is that still wrong? :hmm:

Jazaks
Fi Aman Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM

Huh? since when are you not allowed to pray with niqaab? ive never heard that before..

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 01:04 PM
^people used told me that when i was at hajj, and a few other occasions. But so far they've never came with a daleel, so i dont know. When i pray out i keep my niqaab on. I feel more at ease that way.

Malaikah
07-24-2006, 01:08 PM

As far as i know, people say that you cant wear niqaab at hajj, ive never heard you cant pray in it at all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

d'you remember also nawal in the eid prayers in yemen when we used to pray outside, we'd keep our niqaabs on aswell!!

i'm sure it's jaa'iz/mubaah in the deen for us to cpover our face whilst praying...

and Allahu subhaanahu wa ta3aalaa knows best!!

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

As far as i know, people say that you cant wear niqaab at hajj, ive never heard you cant pray in it at all.
i didnt wear niqaab at hajj, but i was holding my khimar over my face. i felt shy you know :p

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
i didnt wear niqaab at hajj, but i was holding my khimar over my face. i felt shy you know :p
ass salaamu alaykum

why did't you wear the yemeni hijaab!...that's what most sisters do if they're going to hajj!!!...:-\

Nawal89
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

why did't you wear the yemeni hijaab!...that's what most sisters do if they're going to hajj!!!...:-\
i should have but it didnt really click to me till i got there and i saw other sisters wearing it :-\. Next time inshaAllah.

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 01:31 PM
asssalamu alaykum

LOOL! ;D...inshaAllah sis!!!...i brought mine with me to london just incase y'know!!...:D

take care sis:peace:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
y cant u wear a niqaab wen ur at hajj?

SolaceinIslam
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM

I have also heard that one is not allowed to make salaah with the niqaab on. I had a problem once when I went for Eid Salaah and didn't know whether to leave it one or take it off.

I know you are not allowed to wear the niqaab when on Hajj, but I also don't know why?:uhwhat

:w:

S_87
07-24-2006, 02:45 PM

we have a topic on niqab during hajj here
http://www.islamicboard.com/hajj-eid...ring-hajj.html

as for niqab during prayers there isa difference of opinion

*Umm_Umar*
07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh ok, well i'm not totally sure of this either. I haven't really got the chance to ask a scholar/imam yet.
I was told of this by sisters at the mosque and i also read this on various sites on the internet.
It ain't a major problem for me or anything as at college we have our own prayer room.. but its just that sometimes, if theres no moqsue near by, you don't have a choice but to perform salah outside in public and i just wanted to know (if this is true) are we still allowed to keep it on then?

Al-Zaara
11-19-2006, 01:32 PM

I wish someone could help here. I'm very curious to know.

Rabi'ya
11-19-2006, 01:42 PM

this might helpa little altho i cant see about salaah in it

Niqaab

Rabi'ya:rose:

MH-UK
11-19-2006, 02:49 PM

....which tells women to remove the niqaab from their faces during prayer and Hajj, but especially during prayer, when it is not permissible to cover the face at all except if there are non-mahram men present.
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=4182&ln=eng

And Allah knows best.

abdur_Rahmaan
11-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Allaah knows best that there are conditions to different affairs. Fear Allaah to the best of your ability. Allaah burdens us not beyond our scope. Alhamdulillaah. I wish that I could get married to a sister with as much modesty as you have exemplified to have, yaa recherche. May Allaah, the Most High, increase you in hayaa (modesty) for His Sake, alone, without partner.

maa shaa Allaah, laa quwwata illa-billaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.