/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

AnonymousPoster
07-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Please do not post ur opinions, and post with evidences please.

Asalamulaikum

I know that its not permissible to mix with non mehrams such as cousins however me and my husband are the only practicing ones from my relatives. Some of my relatives dont even read namaz and so therefore dont understand the concept of segregation.

I understand that we should keep ties with our relatives and be kind towards them. However does the fact that they dont segregate mean me and my husband shouldnt visit at them at all or would it be ok to visit so long as we dont have a conversation with non mehrams, so for example if i went to visit my relatives and my male cousins were there and i was wearing my hijab n jilbab n didnt speak with them and only spoke with the female members of the family would that be ok or is it totaly haram.

My relatives never come to see us so its us that go to see them. But it really does put us in a pickle because they mix, so if we let that stop us we'd never see our relatives n there fore wud be difficult to uphold the ties of kinship.

Also another thing is that my relatives including a male cousin are coming over soon and my husband will be at work. They will only be here for a few hours, Would I have to tell my cousin bro to sit in a seperate room on his own because he is non mehram to me or would it be permissible for us all to sit in the same room so long as i observe full hijab n dont speak with him n only his parents (my uncle and auntie)

My husband is unhappy about my cousin coming over because of this whole mixing issue but I feel that it would really hurt my cousins feelings if we were to put him in a different room on his own to amuse him self. Also they are coming from another city, and i hardly ever see these relatives so i cant exactly tell them not to come.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
:wasalamex

If they are visiting for only a day, would your husband be able to have leave from work for one day only? That may make things abit more easier insha'Allaahu ta'aala.

You might also want to read this insha'Allahu ta'aala:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ixing-men.html

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.