/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Direct Line.................???

Helena
07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
:sl: :)

something i'd like to share, that i found very useful in my life....

The Direct Line
Lauren Gallego
Friday, July 14, 2006

Who do you turn to when you have a problem or you’re going through a tough time? Is it your best friend? Your spouse? Your mother or father? A co-worker? Do you ever turn to these people and end up just as frustrated or confused as you were before you started talking to them? It happens to most of us; we’re going through a tough time and turn to the person who we trust the most, only to leave feeling that they don’t really understand us or what we’re going through. If you have ever been in this situation or felt this way, maybe it’s time you turned to someone else in your time of need.

Human beings by nature have limitations. We can not expect them to always be able to provide solutions to our problems. But we have the option of having another best friend – someone that will listen to us and provide solutions to our problems. This best friend is unlike any friend we’ve ever had in life; this best friend is Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Wise, Most Generous, All-Capable, All-Kind, All-Forgiving, and the One who is similar to none. This best friend is someone that is always there to listen to us in our happy and sad times. The one who can be our best friend is our Creator, Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.

How do we make Allah our best friend? We make Him our best friend by turning to Him and supplicating to Him in our happy and sad times. When we turn to Him before we turn to any other human being, that is a good sign that we are on the right track.

How much time each day do you spend in supplication to your Creator? Supplication should be done constantly, as this will bring us closer to our Lord. In fact, Allah ta’ala commands us to supplicate to Him:

And your Lord said: “Invoke Me, (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!” (40.60)

It’s beautiful isn’t it? Allah ta’ala is commanding us to call on Him, and He promises us that when we do that, He will respond to us. This is an invitation for us to directly communicate with our Lord. How can any of us turn that invitation down?

If you are not in the habit of turning to Allah ta’ala first, ask yourself why. Is it because you feel like your du’aa is not being answered? For some people, du’aa is like working and not receiving a paycheck; if they do the job and don’t get paid on time, they quit the job. In the same way, if people don’t see their du’aa being answered immediately, people often stop making du’aa because they feel like it just doesn’t matter. But the Prophet sallahu ‘alayhi wa salaam warned us of this when he said:

“The supplication of every one of you will be granted if he does not get impatient and say: ‘I supplicated to my Lord but my prayer has not been granted’.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
If impatience is not the reason for your lack of communication with Allah, it could be that you are underestimating the power of your Lord. Sometimes we may be in a state of despair, thinking our situation is hopeless. Or, we may feel that Allah won’t listen to us or answer us because we have committed so many sins. But anyone in this state who is forgetting the greatness and power of Allah should remember the beautiful advice that the Prophet sallahu ‘alayhi wa salaam told Ibn ‘Abbas at a young age:

“Be mindful of Allah, and He will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him facing you. If you ask, then ask of Allah. If you seek aid, then seek aid in Allah. Know that if the entire Ummah were to gather in order to benefit you with something, they could not benefit you with anything except that Allah has written it for you. And if the entire Ummah were to gather in order to harm you with something, they could not harm you with anything except with what Allah has written against you.” (At-Tirmidhi, Ahmad)

Whatever our state, the only person that can truly help us is our Creator, Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. Du’aa is different than any other act of worship. It can be done at any place, at any time, and in any state. Allah has made this direct line of communication always open for us to call on Him. It is up to us to keep the communication going.

any views inshalah......:)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.