/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are you here

Lateralus63
05-28-2005, 08:17 PM
:sl:

If i may ask such a, generalised question, Why are you on this forum, or what is your purpose here?

I apologise if this question has been asked before, however i was curious to know what the various viewpoints and motives are for spending time on this forum.

I guess at first i came to discuss with other muslims about various issues, mostly important, although one of my main reasons was, to see what the general tempermant of the "internet" muslim generation is. Why?, well, because im a philanthropist that works towards islamic change. Anyway, answers will be greatly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahm
05-28-2005, 08:52 PM

To reply to this topic!

There's no place to go that's decent. I prefer to go out and do something but timetables clash sort of thing. I guess reading a book would be more beneficial. But sometimes you do pick up the decent article and get to change someone's views and remove misconceptions, or even change your own views.

:w:

Danish
05-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, lateraus63, i think it is safe to say, i am not here for my Ballot (sp?) dance practising...what about u?

annnyway, my answer is same as everyone

Z
05-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Because Khaldun said to join.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
h1jabi_sista
05-28-2005, 10:12 PM
In reply to your question...
because i like learning about islam and the veiws of others. Very often i read something that had never come across to me before or something that makes me think differently and i wonder 'why didnt i think of that'.
i especially enjoy reading in the biographies of islamic figures.
theres just soooo much to learn in here, every corner of the forum is packed with knowledge and subhanallah there is alot of it here. :thumbs_up

the members here alhamdulilah share their knowledge which is a great way to interact and learn with people who you can share your views with. subhanallah.

allah knows best
:)

Far7an
05-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Because im a mod ;)

Lateralus63
05-28-2005, 11:46 PM
interesting......all the brothers have replied all with a hint of sarcasm. Wonder what that says.......:)

Lateralus63
05-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Second note, 67 views and 6 replies. How sad.

Far7an
05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

On a more serious note...

I am sure we are all aware of the hadith

"Seeking knowledge is compulsory (fard) on every Muslim." (irrespective of whether he is a male or a female).

Why I came here and why I am here now, are two different reasons. I am part of many forums however I only chose to post regularly on LI. What attracted me most to this site were the people, I will not name them, as pride is always a concern. I saw many discussions at first and posts, which demonstrated the knowledge, which they had. I knew I could benefit by staying in their company InshaAllah.

Unfortunately, the forum has not been engaged in such discussions as regularly. However I believe this is a short phase as many of our brothers and sisters are studying and sitting their end of year exams.

:)

A7med
05-29-2005, 12:48 PM
to learn
and to speak to other MUSLIMS!!!!!!!!

Protected_Diamond
05-29-2005, 01:15 PM
I tend to use the internet a lot and it does waste a lot of my time so i might as well use my time on an islamic forum and learn about Islam :D and mashalah it's an excellent forum :sister:

soulja-ess
05-29-2005, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
I tend to use the internet a lot and it does waste a lot of my time so i might as well use my time on an islamic forum and learn about Islam :D and mashalah it's an excellent forum :sister:

same here :thumbs_up

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm here to learn, insha'Allah, and to share whatever small amount of knowledge that Allah swt has blessed me with. The people of this forum are very nice, mash'Allah, and very inspiring.

format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
Unfortunately, the forum has not been engaged in such discussions as regularly. However I believe this is a short phase as many of our brothers and sisters are studying and sitting their end of year exams.
I agree.

solid_snake
05-29-2005, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
same here. :thumbs_up

Silver Pearl
05-30-2005, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63

If i may ask such a, generalised question, Why are you on this forum, or what is your purpose here?

I apologise if this question has been asked before, however i was curious to know what the various viewpoints and motives are for spending time on this forum.

I guess at first i came to discuss with other muslims about various issues, mostly important, although one of my main reasons was, to see what the general tempermant of the "internet" muslim generation is. Why?, well, because im a philanthropist that works towards islamic change. Anyway, answers will be greatly appreciated.

Because i heard they were giving out free sweets! :p Amani asked me to join so i did...also it is amusing to see a world where people are gathered together with religion being the invisible bond holding them together...i guess with time it chages why i come here, i contemplate whether it is actually good for me now a days...too many unnecassary things happen in a world trapped in a site...allahu'3lim, no point in dwelling.

al faqeer
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM

Because it was there :)

( on the internet that is )

Lateralus63
05-30-2005, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al faqeer

Because it was there :)

( on the internet that is )

lol, a nice logical answer, funny as well.

Thanks for all the replies bro's and sis's, quite helpful in my own "research" if you will.

aamirsaab
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
All the other sites are rubbish - this is the only thing decent on the internet second to hotmail of course.
Plus, i get in to loads of debates - mostly heated ones at that - but debates none the less, which helps my communication skills believe it or not.

RTM
05-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Basically, I am new to Islam (see my introduction post) and think that this forum will help me in my studies. I may only post a few thingsa, mainly questions but I will read all that I can.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-31-2005, 07:13 PM
This site may be of use to you, RTM:
http://www.beconvinced.com

Ameeratul Layl
11-02-2005, 04:51 PM

I love this forum. The ppl are lovely..even the mods *turns her head away*
There is no other forum I'd stay with!!!!

:loving:
Allah ma3akum

Lonely_Boy
11-02-2005, 05:04 PM

I like that forum ...i enjoyed many forum but just for nothing ........ I only read and do post in this and ALHUMDULILLAH i enjoyed a lot here with all friendly members...... everybody here for the sake of knowledge and MASHALLAH great sharings are here

Remember in prayers
JAZAKALLAH

Taalib-e-'Ilm
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
salam, im a member of sunniforumz too but find this place a lot better

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!