View Full Version : Don't watch if you are faint hearted.. CNN

جوري
07-26-2006, 03:30 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/VI...orus_0724.html
click to watch video

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 03:45 AM
what bugs me in CNN reports, that they show you that israel is RESPONDING to Hezb Allah... as if they have not attacked Lebanon...

Any way... they are using forbidden weapons to burn civilian people in Lebanon.. that is terrorism...

May Allah help Lebanese to cover their pain and suffering

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lamaggad
what bugs me in CNN reports, that they show you that israel is RESPONDING to Hezb Allah... as if they have not attacked Lebanon...

Any way... they are using forbidden weapons to burn civilian people in Lebanon.. that is terrorism...

I prefer watching BBC.

جوري
07-26-2006, 03:52 AM

I don't care what CNN or others say or write in a show of sympathy... They are regular apologists for israel... people can see with their own eyes and draw their conclusions.... even as the usual rehersed lines are used to echo a different sentiment....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I don't care what CNN or others say or write in a show of sympathy... They are regular apologists for israel... people can see with their own eyes and draw their conclusions.... even as the usual rehersed lines are used to echo a different sentiment....
But people in the west aren't seeing the truth specially for those who doesn't know any thing about the middle east, which causing them to be against Arabs...

some of them are falling easily in those lies.. CNN is not being honest to their viewer, and that is a serious issue

Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I prefer watching BBC.
GO GO AL-JAZEERA :D :D

I actully watch CBC here in Canada, and CNN and 24 hours Al-Jazeera...

there's a HUGE diffrent between CBC, CNN and Al-Jazeera

CBC is some what better than CNN though...

Also Al-jazeera.net is being the best source for having the news online

جوري
07-26-2006, 04:05 AM
I know.... it is up to God now.... read sura 17 verse 7 .... this has all been this has all been prophesied .... it is meant to be... and for a reason.... we are the generation unfortunately that the messenger (PBUH) described as the froth on the ocean waves.... Many in numbers but weak all around.... Perhaps in this complacency is the impetus to move us all to wake up... just ist3een bisaber and salat...

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 04:05 AM
GO GO AL-JAZEERA :D :D

I actully watch CBC here in Canada, and CNN and 24 hours Al-Jazeera...

there's a HUGE diffrent between CBC, CNN and Al-Jazeera

CBC is some what better the CNN though...

Also Al-jazeera.net is being the best source for having the new online
I do watch Al Jazeera, but in Malaysia it's not 24 hr. It's from 6.00 AM tp 10.00 AM then from 6.00 PM - 10.00 PM. Maybe because Malay translators need time to rest?? (IN Malaysia, Al Jazeera can be heard in Arabic or Malay)

Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 04:10 AM
I do watch Al Jazeera, but in Malaysia it's not 24 hr. It's from 6.00 AM tp 10.00 AM then from 6.00 PM - 10.00 PM. Maybe because Malay translators need time to rest?? (IN Malaysia, Al Jazeera can be heard in Arabic or Malay)
go to JUMPTV.COM i never had it on my TV, i used to follow up with the news over the Internet throw aljazeera site... then i registered with jumptv and i have aljazeera channel with me every were now over the Internet...

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 04:12 AM
go to JUMPTV.COM i never had it on my TV, i used to follow up with the news over the Internet throw aljazeera site... then i registered with jumptv and i have aljazeera channel with me every were now over the Internet...
Thanks. Allah Ma3akon!!!

limitless
07-26-2006, 04:14 AM
:sl:

You know what I do get updated news, which is the internet. Going to different sources of same news and then concluding to myself which seemed the "best" and accurate news to me. The media is pointless, even muslim media channels are being opperated by non-muslims, which is a FACT. Think boardly even internet sources are not accurate, but it is better than television.

:w:

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

even muslim media channels are being opperated by non-muslims, which is a FACT. .

:w:
Is it? how about news on islamonline ?

Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 05:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
even muslim media channels are being opperated by non-muslims, which is a FACT. Think boardly even internet sources are not accurate, but it is better than television.
Not all of them are like that.. Personally i trust Al-Jazeera, some times i don't like how they describe some things... but generally i trust them...
Is it? how about news on islamonline ?
Islam on line is not like that as well for sure, that website is moderated by shaikh Yussef Al-Qaradawi...

Al-Manar TV is not... also, i used to watch Abu Dhabi TV, that was a good source for news.. but i don't have it any more
there are some good channels that shows the truth...

the channels that doesn't show the real picture of this conflict are channels like, Jordan TV, Neil sat (Egypt).. and similar channels that is moderated by the Arab governments.

786rani
07-26-2006, 05:20 AM
the suffuring th kuffar put us through *hangs head*
rani

snakelegs
07-26-2006, 05:33 AM
i don't have tv and i don't listen to commercial radio at all. (or npr - national public radio - also known as national petroleum radio). the only radio i listen to is pacifica radio - a leftist, listener-sponsored network. they do get some gov't money from the national community of broadcasters but the majority is paid for by listener subscribers. unlike npr, there is no corporate underwriting.
i get a lot of my news from the web.
one of the first sites i check out for headlines is:
http://antiwar.com/
it's an australian libertarian site and gets its news from a wide variety of sources

sweetbanana86
07-26-2006, 05:34 AM
In our next salahs let us all pray for those victims and may Allah punish those who attack islam and muslims

Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetbanana86
In our next salahs let us all pray for those victims and may Allah punish those who attack islam and muslims
Ameen Ameen Ameen

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 05:47 AM
Not all of them are like that.. Personally i trust Al-Jazeera, some times i don't like how they describe some things... but generally i trust them...

Islam on line is not like that as well for sure, that website is moderated by shaikh Yussef Al-Qaradawi...

Al-Manar TV is not... also, i used to watch Abu Dhabi TV, that was a good source for news.. but i don't have it any more
there are some good channels that shows the truth...

the channels that doesn't show the real picture of this conflict are channels like, Jordan TV, Neil sat (Egypt).. and similar channels that is moderated by the Arab governments.
You should see Malaysian TV channels ... they are so anti-ISrael. In fact they dont use the word 'Israel'. They use 'rejim tel aviv' (Tel Aviv Regime). Al Jazeera at least give ISraeli to air their opinion to Muslim audience.... but Malaysian media ... NO WAY. If you're a Jew and live in Malaysia, you might be crying seeing our news.

Trumble
07-26-2006, 06:17 AM
But people in the west aren't seeing the truth specially for those who doesn't know any thing about the middle east, which causing them to be against Arabs...

some of them are falling easily in those lies.. CNN is not being honest to their viewer, and that is a serious issue
You mean they aren't seeing what YOU percieve to be the truth?

Sticking with CNN, exactly what "lies" are you talking about? PurestAmbrosia has linked to several CNN videos recently, none of which seem to me to pro-Israel on biased in any way (if they were, I doubt she would have linked to them).

The only specific you have mentioned is

They ARE responding to Hezbollah, albeit grossly disproportionally, so where is the "lie"?

Personally I have always found CNN (and BBC) as un-biased and accurate as could reasonably be expected. That isn't true of all Western media by any means.

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
You mean they aren't seeing what YOU percieve to be the truth?

Sticking with CNN, exactly what "lies" are you talking about? PurestAmbrosia has linked to several CNN videos recently, none of which seem to me to pro-Israel on biased in any way (if they were, I doubt she would have linked to them).

The only specific you have mentioned is

They ARE responding to Hezbollah, albeit grossly disproportionally, so where is the "lie"?

Personally I have always found CNN (and BBC) as un-biased and accurate as could reasonably be expected. That isn't true of all Western media by any means.
But the best graphic presentation should be won by CNN.

Lamaggad
07-26-2006, 09:01 PM
You should see Malaysian TV channels ... they are so anti-ISrael. In fact they dont use the word 'Israel'. They use 'rejim tel aviv' (Tel Aviv Regime). Al Jazeera at least give ISraeli to air their opinion to Muslim audience.... but Malaysian media ... NO WAY. If you're a Jew and live in Malaysia, you might be crying seeing our news.
yeah that's right.. i was actually planning to say that... but not about the Malaysian media though.. I've never seen it...
but i have seen Dubai TV and AbuDhabi, they don't say israel at all.. they say "occupied Palestine" instead...
and that's what i like about some of the Arabic media since I my self don't recognize the existence of israel.

Silver
07-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I sometimes watch CNN...but usually I watch Al-Arabia.

guyabano
07-27-2006, 11:05 AM

Well true ! But this can also be said for the arabs, which get systematically brainwashed with the lies from the west, which Al Djazeera spread.
Get your news from a few point of views, then build your own opinion, but please make it balanced. Westeners are not always fair, but same are arabs !

Got it ?

Lamaggad
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Well true ! But this can also be said for the arabs, which get systematically brainwashed with the lies from the west, which Al Djazeera spread.
Get your news from a few point of views, then build your own opinion, but please make it balanced. Westeners are not always fair, but same are arabs !

Got it ?
Disagree, you're the one who isn't getting it...
basically Arabs lives over there... they don't need someone to show them whats going on... they can see it with their own eyes or hear it from their families and friends who lives in Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan... etc.

if Al-Jazeera is spreading lies as you are saying... we can tell easily, bcz again our families lives over their.

but people in the west are the one who's brain washed... till this moment, some educated people here in Canada who never have been to any Arab country think that in the middle east people live in a middle of a desert and camels around...

al-fateh
07-27-2006, 03:31 PM
this is sad, i feel for the mother of the two, May Allah ease it on her...

:(

wilberhum
07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
but people in the west are the one who's brain washed
And where do you live? It must be dificult living around brain washed people. Wouldn't it be great if every one had your vast understanding?

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Disagree, you're the one who isn't getting it...
basically Arabs lives over there... they don't need someone to show them whats going on... they can see it with their own eyes or hear it from their families and friends who lives in Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan... etc.

if Al-Jazeera is spreading lies as you are saying... we can tell easily, bcz again our families lives over their.

but people in the west are the one who's brain washed... till this moment, some educated people here in Canada who never have been to any Arab country think that in the middle east people live in a middle of a desert and camels around...
Is it possible that Al-Jazeera would spread lies about the West?

Lamaggad
07-30-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Is it possible that Al-Jazeera would spread lies about the West?
give me examples... lies like what?

CNN and media in the west doesn't show you the full picture of the war in Palestine and Lebanon... not just that... it shows you the picture from the israeli side ONLY... they don't want to risk them selves and show you the other side bcz they can be targeted any time plus they are controlled by the radical American government.

amirah_87
07-30-2006, 02:44 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

i just wanna know before i see it ...on a scale of 1 to 10 how disturbing is it???

jazaakumulllahu khayran:peace:

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:54 PM
give me examples... lies like what?

CNN and media in the west doesn't show you the full picture of the war in Palestine and Lebanon... not just that... it shows you the picture from the israeli side ONLY... they don't want to risk them selves and show you the other side bcz they can be targeted any time plus they are controlled by the radical American government.
Mine is a hypothetical question. I agree that CNN and other western news sources are probably a bit biased in their ME reports. I think it would be naive to suggest that Al-Jazeera wouldn't be a bit biased in Western coverage as well. Who controls Al-Jazeera?

Lamaggad
07-30-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Mine is a hypothetical question. I agree that CNN and other western news sources are probably a bit biased in their ME reports. I think it would be naive to suggest that Al-Jazeera wouldn't be a bit biased in Western coverage as well. Who controls Al-Jazeera?
I'm not here to represent Al-Jazeera or defend it, it is Satellite channel and it's not controlled by any one... and speaking about the western, Aljazeera have an office in Washington and omany western countries, and they have reporters here in Canada.

i find it way better than any other channel, and it shows the facts in real time... i also go to aljazeer.net site and CNN site... i find a HUGE difference, not to mention that millions of people visit aljazeera site every day, which means that Al-Jazeera is a trusted source to millions of people.

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not here to represent Al-Jazeera or defend it, it is Satellite channel and it's not controlled by any one... and speaking about the western, Aljazeera have an office in Washington and omany western countries, and they have reporters here in Canada.

i find it way better than any other channel, and it shows the facts in real time... i also go to aljazeer.net site and CNN site... i find a HUGE difference, not to mention that millions of people visit aljazeera site every day, which means that Al-Jazeera is a trusted source to millions of people.
I check both sites too. Descrepancies are often found in their reporting. I think both are a bit biased, which is natural.

Ninth_Scribe
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM

They are also taking great pains to leave out the fact that Hezbollah only attacked military targets, and Israel responded by attacking EVERYONE.

I don't care if white phosphorous is considered legal - it is definately terrorism.

Ninth Scribe

scentsofjannah
07-31-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't have tv and i don't listen to commercial radio at all. (or npr - national public radio - also known as national petroleum radio). the only radio i listen to is pacifica radio - a leftist, listener-sponsored network. they do get some gov't money from the national community of broadcasters but the majority is paid for by listener subscribers. unlike npr, there is no corporate underwriting.
i get a lot of my news from the web.
one of the first sites i check out for headlines is:
http://antiwar.com/
it's an australian libertarian site and gets its news from a wide variety of sources
you dont have tv?? cooooool!!

maybe that explains why you're so sane!:giggling:

scentsofjannah
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano

Got it ?
im sorry how do you know its 'brainwashing'' if you havent even seen it??

you cannot comment on any channel you dont watch..and we dont need you to parrot what the US officials have said through all these years.

Aljazeera puts both viewpoints ..it frequently has Israeli politicians on its shows ..it even has Jewish and Israeli employees some of its top reporters on the Palestinian and Lebanese conflict are locals..and many are christian..its a lot different to CNN or BBC..it sides with the oppressed and as the saying of Imam Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) goes 'Truth is on the side of the oppressed'.

www.antiwar.com is an excellent site ..one of the best alternative news sites out there ..another one is www.alternet.org

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.