/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Something I was Always Curious About

Hijrah
07-26-2006, 06:27 AM
:sl:
I realize that in the Qur'an it says that prophets were sent to every nation but why is it that all the known prophets are middle-eastern?

Or is there an answer to this?

Just wondering...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
07-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Maybe that's where they would be most influential?

786rani
07-26-2006, 06:31 AM
gr8 question bro me wonderin' 2. but remember there were many thousands of prophets only the famous ones have been in the middle-east cos they'v dun something in history maybe or they've got a mention in the qu'ran
rani

ABWAN
07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
but why is it that all the known prophets are middle-eastern?
Could that perhaps be because Prophet Muhammed(saw) and all the previous prophets were direct descendants of Ibrahim (as) ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
Could that perhaps be because Prophet Muhammed(saw) and all the previous prophets were direct descendants of Ibrahim (as) ?
I've read somewher that Ayyub A.S (Job) is a Roman.

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I realize that in the Qur'an it says that prophets were sent to every nation but why is it that all the known prophets are middle-eastern?

Just wondering...
salams bro, that's the known prophets... there definately where messengers and prophets who where sent to other countries. And allah knows best :)

There where 124000 of them, and only 25 of which we know, most of the25 seem to hav lived in the middle east for some time.

ABWAN
07-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Besides the prophets/messengers mentioned in the Quran were sent to the children of Israel, which happens to be in the middle east.

As a side note, I think there are 26 names mentioned in the Quran including Ezra. Of them I have read that Ezra and Luqman were not prophets as such.. Allahu Alam

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 07:14 AM
^^ ya, uzayr ("ezra") and luqman where great people, but not prophets... luqman was mentioned for his beautiful advises to his son, and uzayr was a great rabbi i think.

ABWAN
07-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Ezra was the person who compiled the torah after it was lost for years. The jews started worshipping him as the son of God.

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 07:51 AM
What about the Mormon's John Smith? LOL No offense to any Mormons, but I was just thinking about that South Park episode.

north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
What about the Mormon's John Smith? LOL No offense to any Mormons, but I was just thinking about that South Park episode.
Off course he cant be Islamic prophet...:giggling: :giggling: just like Mirza Ahmad Qadiani...

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I never said he was a Muslim prophet; thus I said "The Mormon's John Smith." I was just thinking of prophets of other religions that were not from the Middle East

Salah ad-din
07-26-2006, 06:12 PM
All Prophets are not ALL middle Eastern. There are 25 known Prophets, these known ones are middle Eastern. Allah(swt) also sent 1000's more. He sent Messengers to every nation before Muhamamd(saw). After Muhammad(saw) He said he will send someone every 100 years to rivive the religion.

And as sister Nadous mentioned here:http://www.myislamweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8267

The world was once one body, erosion and other things caused it to spilt. America was attached to Africa, Africa to Asia etc.

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:29 PM
^^ wow that's an awesome perspectiv actually about the pangaea era and all that!

Looking4Peace
07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah ad-din
All Prophets are not ALL middle Eastern. There are 25 known Prophets, these known ones are middle Eastern. Allah(swt) also sent 1000's more. He sent Messengers to every nation before Muhamamd(saw). After Muhammad(saw) He said he will send someone every 100 years to rivive the religion.

And as sister Nadous mentioned here:http://www.myislamweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8267

The world was once one body, erosion and other things caused it to spilt. America was attached to Africa, Africa to Asia etc.

very true, but this topic still leads me to be curious like why in some countries there were no muslims, christians or jews yet there were supposively prophets everywhere? for example look at indigenous tribes (people) of the americas (before european invasion of course)? any comments on this? not bad people at all but not belonging to any of the monotheists religions :?

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
^^ salams sis, but we do know that messengers where sent to people, and after they're demise people began to invent myths and theology about these individuals so from monotheists they eventually became polytheists or dreamers etc..

Allah tells us about examples of people like that in surat nooh for example....

similar case with budhism (or was it hinduism), their current 'big god' apprently was a really good bloke, probably a prophet, but his people over glorified him and turned him into godly status.

salamz

Fishman
07-26-2006, 09:47 PM

One flaw in that argument: why would the dinosaurs need prophets? Pangaea spilt up hundreds of millions of years ago, long before before humans.
:w:

Looking4Peace
07-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I love dinosaurs i wish they would come back and play with me

lol jk

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:49 PM
LOL @ why would dinosours need prophets hahahaa

didn't know that, thanks for the info :)

Iconoclast
07-26-2006, 10:06 PM
One hundred and twenty four Thousand ( 124000 ) rasol/ambiya/prophets /messengers were sent b4 the last Prophet SAW
32 are mentioned in the quran.and what is described in hadith al qdusi ( Agreed upon my great mufsarin ) of the Prophet SAW should be more than enough for us the believers
"O people ! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Apostle of God and the last in the line of Prophets. And God is Aware of everything." (Surah Al Ahzab: 40)

So lets not wander into weak dalils that weakens the faith.

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast
One hundred and twenty four Thousand ( 124000 ) rasol/ambiya/prophets /messengers were sent b4 the last Prophet SAW
32 are mentioned in the quran.and what is described in hadith al qdusi ( Agreed upon my great mufsarin ) of the Prophet SAW should be more than enough for us the believers
"O people ! Muhammad has no sons among ye men, but verily, he is the Apostle of God and the last in the line of Prophets. And God is Aware of everything." (Surah Al Ahzab: 40)

So lets not wander into weak dalils that weakens the faith.

Correct me if I am wrong: Weren't the number of rusl (messengers) far less than the number of anbiyya (prophets) ?

very true, but this topic still leads me to be curious like why in some countries there were no muslims, christians or jews yet there were supposively prophets everywhere? for example look at indigenous tribes (people) of the americas (before european invasion of course)? any comments on this? not bad people at all but not belonging to any of the monotheists religions
My hunch is that those tribal people didnt have their history properly documented. And even if they did, they ended up worshipping the prophets. Think about this, if Bani Israel was sent numerous prophets and YET they didnt worship the one God, how could have the tribal people worshipped One God?

And to answer your question about America, this might be an interesting read: http://www.whyislam.org/877/Heritage/NativeMuslims.asp

Looking4Peace
07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Ok but not all tribal people worship God to this day so this is invalid to me especially that personally know many people that are Native american, Native south and central American etc, and i am part Honduran and my family traced my great grandfather back to pure indigenous without europeans blood, i think they would know more about their ancestors that any of us. Who knows what they really believed but they lived differently. I read that story a long time ago and know that many Cherokee Indians are Muslim but that doesnt go for the hundreds of other types living in the Americas.

Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 01:02 AM
:sl::brother:
as for the tribal ppl we MUSLIMS will be ASKED MY ALLAH where were we why didn't we spread the word? thats why the is a thing called dawa which equires Taqwa and we Muslims better wake up
:w::brother:

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 01:05 AM
I wonder how far your family roots could be traced back. Its a fact in Islam that Muhammed(SAW) was the Final messenger. So if that is the case then you should perhaps trace back to at least 1500 years (and could well be over 2000 years and even more), and I highly suspect if we have such historical evidence/documentation.

Looking4Peace
07-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Its fine if you all want to doubt what i know, find happyness on picking at me for having a very ethnically mixed family. I think i need to leave this forum for a while, some of you are pathetic and your arguments are week. You get an FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 01:22 AM
I don't know for what reason your taking this thread personal.

My argument was that things change over a period of time and people hardly ever notice it. And unless it is documented well, we would never know what happened in history. Bible would be a great example. How many times have the words of bible been changed in a span of 2000 yrs?

Islamic belief is that Jesus(as) preached tauheed and yet we see so many denominations of christianity claiming that Jesus is God. So it only took around 1700 years to totally change whatever Jesus(as) preached. If this is what we see from history, then its very possible that even if prophets were sent to different nations (be it america, australia or some remote island), people started worshipping the prophets themselves in course of time.

Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 01:26 AM
I wonder how far your family roots could be traced back. Its a fact in Islam that
Muhammed
(SAW) was the Final messenger. So if that is the case then you should perhaps trace back to at least 1500 years (and could well be over 2000 years and even more), and I highly suspect if we have such historical evidence/documentation.

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/salasilahmuhammad.htm

visit here

Looking4Peace
07-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Im taking it personal for obvious reasons it bothers me the way some Muslims are especially coming from a very mixed family i take it personal because i dont like people saying my relatives are in hell for living tribal, go somewhere else with that bs.

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Maybe these prophets started other world religions and they should actually be embraced by all.

Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Im taking it personal for obvious reasons it bothers me the way some Muslims are especially coming from a very mixed family i take it personal because i dont like people saying my relatives are in hell for living tribal, go somewhere else with that bs.
So u want muslims to cheer about the fact that they are trbals/non muslims with a muslim around who takes a sweet pill saying oh well see u heaven and we shouls lie to comfort u and make u happy ?

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 01:40 AM
If you feel so much about your relatives, imagine how much prophet(saw) would have felt about his dearly uncle. Yet, could he do anything at all?

Even if an entire family is a muslim family, a father can do nothing if his son isnt practising islam. Each person is on his own, no matter how much you love someone and ABOVE ALL its Allah's mercy and nothing else.

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Maybe these prophets started other world religions and they should actually be embraced by all.

What is the need to start new religions if the ONE AND ONLY message is to worship the one God and no one else?

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 02:59 AM
i really take offense to this cause now u are just mocking me and basically insulting people who lived different lives, i hope u feel great, do me a favor and drop this please, oh better yet i will have my acoount disabled on request, go play with each other for all i care, and maybe ur the one who has taking many pills cause u sure cant think logically +o( +o( +o( +o(
Sister how old are you?!?! Also, one can trace their roots from $99.95 through a project that has been publicized on National Geographic Channel.

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Off course he cant be Islamic prophet...:giggling: :giggling: just like Mirza Ahmad Qadiani...
with a name like john smith, how could he be a prophet? it just wouldn't work.

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 03:41 AM
i think some native american religions were/are monotheistic.
also, islam was born among tribal people. there's nothing negative about the word "tribal"

north_malaysian
07-27-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think some native american religions were/are monotheistic.
also, islam was born among tribal people. there's nothing negative about the word "tribal"
Actually, during my university years, I have to observe a missionary work among Aborigines in the jungle (with millions of leeches - I've got at least 80 bites). They believe in one supreme God, angels and Satans. But if they want to pray for God it must through the angels (giving offering - usually wild boars)

Fishman
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
with a name like john smith, how could he be a prophet? it just wouldn't work.
John Smith lived after Muhammad (pbuh), so he can't be a prophet.

really take offense to this cause now u are just mocking me and basically insulting people who lived different lives, i hope u feel great, do me a favor and drop this please, oh better yet i will have my acoount disabled on request, go play with each other for all i care, and maybe ur the one who has taking many pills cause u sure cant think logically
If someone isn't a Muslim then they ain't going to paradise, simple as that. And I'm the only Muslim in my family, so don't you go thinking I'm being insensitive.

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman

If someone isn't a Muslim then they ain't going to paradise, simple as that. And I'm the only Muslim in my family, so don't you go thinking I'm being insensitive.
Salam, it is improper for you to suggest who is and who isn't going to Jannah- only Allah swt knows. :heated:

Hijrah
07-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Besides the prophets/messengers mentioned in the Quran were sent to the children of Israel, which happens to be in the middle east.

As a side note, I think there are 26 names mentioned in the Quran including Ezra. Of them I have read that Ezra and Luqman were not prophets as such.. Allahu Alam
No they weren't, I've read somewhere that Luqman was an Arab-speaking Black man

Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 07:21 PM
:sl::brother::sister:

why are we going on and on in this thread when allah and his messeger pbuh has asked us to abstian from what we are not sure about

(Some) say they were three, the dog being the fourth among them; (others) say they were five, the dog being the sixth,- doubtfully guessing at the unknown; (yet others) say they were seven, the dog being the eighth. Say thou: "My Lord knoweth best their number; It is but few that know their (real case)." Enter not, therefore, into controversies concerning them, except on a matter that is clear, nor consult any of them about (the affair of) the Sleepers.
018.022 <-- Surah Al Kahf ( the cave )

Abu Muhammad al-Hasan ibn Ali b. Abu Talib said : I preserved the following words from Rasulullah saw : "Leave what you have doubt about for that you have no doubt about; for it is truth that brings peace of mind and it is falsehood that brings doubt". ( Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i )

Nu'man b. Bashir r.a. said that Rasulullah s.a.w said : "What is lawful is clear and what is unlawful is (also) clear. But between the two are doubtful matters of which many people do not know. He who protects himself from doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his faith and honour. But he who falls into doubtful matters is like a shepherd who grazes (his sheep) around a sanctuary, and (liable) to graze therein. Surely, every King has a sanctuary. Surely, the sanctuary of Allah swt is his prohibitions. Surely, in the body is a piece of flesh, and if it is sound, the whole body is sound; and if it is damaged, the body is deseased. Surely, it is the heart. ( Bukhari, Muslim )

Allah Knows Best

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
i know - it was just a sample of my strange sense of humour.

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 08:08 PM
:sl::brother::sister:
why are we going on and on in this thread when allah and his messeger pbuh has asked us to abstian from what we are not sure about
are you saying it is wrong to question or discuss in order to learn? are we just supposed to be passively fed and not learn for ourselves - isn't this what islam wants its followers to do - learn for themselves and not just accept things blindly?

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
by the way, i find it interesting that the "big 3" western religions came out of the desert. in case you've never spent any time in the desert, it is a spiritually very powerful experience. there is a surprising amount of life there and it is an awesome combination of fragility and extreme strength.
there is just nothing like it and it's a wonderful place to feel close to god (which of course, you can do anywhere).

Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
are you saying it is wrong to question or discuss in order to learn? are we just supposed to be passively fed and not learn for ourselves - isn't this what islam wants its followers to do - learn for themselves and not just accept things blindly?
Orignal Post
quote=Hijrah;419775]:sl:

Code:
Code:
 Just wondering..
.[/quote]

IS THERE ?JUST WONDERING? <-----

now Sir we all have a very limited knowledge about the history of Islam ( Islam was there even b4 Adam , Islamic monotheism ) so it is better not to say nothing more than what u have read and understood ,

We Tried to explain and thats the best we can do.
if u know more than this about the post u r free to express it
Peace

snakelegs
07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Iconoclast

now Sir we all have a very limited knowledge about the history of Islam ( Islam was there even b4 Adam , Islamic monotheism ) so it is better not to say nothing more than what u have read and understood ,

We Tried to explain and thats the best we can do.
if u know more than this about the post u r free to express it
Peace[/QUOTE]
point taken - i know little, and if every muslim was like you i don't think i'd learn anything either.
isn't this parotting?

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Actually not really, what is meant by that is, if something is simply beyond our capacity, then there's no point questioning and asking things that won't benefit us or just create unecessary confusion.

For example, it's pointless asking about the composition of Allah SWT or something like that, because it doesn't get us anywhere and it just adds confusion when its just beyond our capacity.... as for this issue, i don't think there's harm in discussing it.. but if it means that it's goign to endup in pure conjecture and time-wasting.. then nevermind it :)

snakelegs
07-28-2006, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
Actually not really, what is meant by that is, if something is simply beyond our capacity, then there's no point questioning and asking things that won't benefit us or just create unecessary confusion.

For example, it's pointless asking about the composition of Allah SWT or something like that, because it doesn't get us anywhere and it just adds confusion when its just beyond our capacity.... as for this issue, i don't think there's harm in discussing it.. but if it means that it's goign to endup in pure conjecture and time-wasting.. then nevermind it :)
i see your point.
i just noticed that one of iconoclast's posts to me as well as part of my reply have completely vanished - poof!
strange.....

mujahedeen2087
07-28-2006, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul

over time these religions were changed, so we should respect them. not follow them. the quran was the last book revield by Allah. unchanged

lolwatever
07-28-2006, 07:32 AM
just to not let this go unnoticed.. Iconoclast, bro i think what you said to seraching soul is very very very wrong and arrogant. Yeh he/she's agnostic and it's more important for them to learn about the fundamentals than it is about things that are (in comparison) less important.

But that doesn't give any of us an excuse to exclude them from learning or asking questions or even in debating with us, the prophet PBUH never done that, even though the people of book where asking him very naive and silly questions even. I don't think searchingsoul was being arrogant or trying to take a go at u.. she just wanted to find out something which is fair enough...

so don't be too quick to go attacking people like that, otherwise what is dawah if we're going to act stuckup and classify everyone as 'too crap for us to dispute with'??

sorry but i couldnt just let that pass.. especially that whoever just deleted those posts without making any corrections.

salamz

ok back to topic now, sorry but i had to say that. sorry 2 searchingsoul too btw 4 that.. as we know, Muslim's aren't always representative of what Islam is, it's the evidence they provide. :)

Iconoclast
07-28-2006, 10:52 AM
lolwatever
just to not let this go unnoticed.. Iconoclast, bro i think what you said to searching soul is very very very wrong and arrogant. Yeh he/she's agnostic and it's more important for them to learn about the fundamentals than it is about things that are (in comparison) less important.

But that doesn't give any of us an excuse to exclude them from learning or asking questions or even in debating with us, the prophet PBUH never done that, even though the people of book where asking him very naive and silly questions even. I don't think searchingsoul was being arrogant or trying to take a go at u.. she just wanted to find out something which is fair enough...
I think u r talking about snakelegs . well i didn't mean to disrespect him as i address him as "Sir" then what he replied was insulting as he said "parroting" which makes no sense as he is asking questions that are beyond HUMAN knowledge and Allah Alone knows best.. now if i say in which B.C. ololwatever r post Hirjri Adam AS was sent down to earth ? and so on.... i will lead to know where just a pointless arguments and then later hatred for each other ( Human nature too as much as we can lie about it its true love,hate, is all god given)

I have read what ppl in this form said about Luqman , Zulkurnain. and so no... i am just a student of Islam and for that matter no one can fully understand the in depth meaning ( except the prophets who were given the knowledge through Gabriel AS ) as it is the words of ALLAH

so if i did hurt anyone i apologise. plz forgive me.

Let there be Love and Peace ( in Basic Islam Thread Atleast )

snakelegs
07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
lolwatever

I think u r talking about snakelegs . well i didn't mean to disrespect him as i address him as "Sir" then what he replied was insulting as he said "parroting" which makes no sense as he is asking questions that are beyond HUMAN knowledge and Allah Alone knows best.. now if i say in which B.C. ololwatever r post Hirjri Adam AS was sent down to earth ? and so on.... i will lead to know where just a pointless arguments and then later hatred for each other ( Human nature too as much as we can lie about it its true love,hate, is all god given)

I have read what ppl in this form said about Luqman , Zulkurnain. and so no... i am just a student of Islam and for that matter no one can fully understand the in depth meaning ( except the prophets who were given the knowledge through Gabriel AS ) as it is the words of ALLAH

so if i did hurt anyone i apologise. plz forgive me.

Let there be Love and Peace ( in Basic Islam Thread Atleast )
even though you called me a fool, and said i made you want to puke, (a post which has magically vanished) i bear you no ill will. what i meant is that if all muslims had this attitude, there would be no reverts.
i have no desire to argue with you either.
peace.

Iconoclast
07-28-2006, 11:09 AM
even though you called me a fool, and said i made you want to puke, (a post which has magically vanished) i bear you no ill will. what i meant is that if all muslims had this attitude, there would be no reverts.
i have no desire to argue with you either.
peace.
Peace and Inshallah forever :sorry:in i hurt u.

It takes a courage to admit a mistake and courage for the one who forgives and forgets

Ps. All muslims are not like me i am too weak in islamic knowledge.

snakelegs
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Peace and Inshallah forever :sorry:in i hurt u.

It takes a courage to admit a mistake and courage for the one who forgives and forgets
so very true!
Ps. All muslims are not like me i am too weak in islamic knowledge.[/QUOTE]
i am really happy we had the opportunity to clear this up. we learn from each other.

lolwatever
07-28-2006, 11:33 AM
:D awesome

so now, back to the prophets issue and the middle east matter ...

Iconoclast
07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
:D awesome

so now, back to the prophets issue and the middle east matter ...
Btw :rock: as u help make peace between two humans . jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.