/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fears/Phobias?

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else had any fears other than Allah swt and His wrath?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-26-2006, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
I was just wondering if anyone else had any fears other than Allah swt and His wrath?
sinse you specified had I can answer that honestly. Can also tell how I overcame some of them.

As a Young man My greatest fear was a fear of heights. So I became a pilot.

My next fear was a fear of snakes, I became an amature herpetologist, worked part of my way through college catching and selling snakes to serpentariums. Ended up with a personal collection of 137 Varieties.

Later I developed a fear of Death, Allah(swt) removed that

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
It's cool that you overcame them with no profeessional help.

syilla
07-26-2006, 08:26 AM
i don't really know...i never try to challenge myself...

hmm...was it heights? nah...i don't think so...
was it snakes??...nahhh i lovveeee snake...
was it insects??...not at least...

don't really know... if i know i'll update you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah i had a crazy phobia of hights before, but it went when i started mountain climbing, but till now i don't like standing too close to the window in tall buildings, but the mountains are fine lol.....dunno why!

I've also got a bit of a phobia about swimming, me and my sisters and my freinds drowned and stuff so.....but i want to swim again definately, inshaAllah.

Lastly i wouldn't call it a phobia but i never stand too close to the edge of the platform (train), we saw an accident there, so since that i stand back till the train arrives...

But Allah ta3aala is the one that is capable of all things like you said, just have to take our asbaab, precautions.

Curaezipirid
07-26-2006, 08:33 AM
hello, I am new, I am afraid of my own self more than Allah,
I am afraid I could make a mistake as a mother that would only reflect worse upon my own self,
but the kind of things I am afraid of are: my children might be watching too much television; my children might not remember to be polite; my children might not be well fathered; so in that it is that I am always most afraid of only my own self, since most often a woman conditions her Husbands perceptions of children's need.

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I am emetophobic, germophobic, social phobic, and arachnaphobic.

Fishman
07-26-2006, 08:35 AM
:sl:
I have a phobia of anything that flutters, such as moths, butterflies and craneflies. It's really bad, and I can't even walk through a room with a butterfly or a cranefly (or a large moth) in it.
:w:

Sis786
07-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Snakes!

Ameeratul Layl
07-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Salam,

Swimming pool or even lake water reminds me of sharks. I am not fond of sharks.
I am not fond of snakes or spiders either.

Wasalam

Malaikah
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM

^i HATE insects of all kinds, shapes and sizes, but i cant say its a phobia.

the closest thing id say i have is a fear of heights... man i hate them

Sis786
07-26-2006, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
oh i loveeee them.... :p

esp after i heard.. they can eat a donkey too... i started loving them moreeeeee :D
NASTY :heated:

CATS ARE MORE NICE THEN SNAKES ......

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 12:09 PM

I have a major one but I fear I might be tortured with it if i reveal it lol.

Sis786
07-26-2006, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Hmm i bet its Birds!

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Hmm i bet its Birds!
Yeah birds sure *Smiles that his Phobia is safe*

Nawal89
07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
roaches. but it's not been so bad lately. I can spray them from far...then i run away to watch them act crazy...
before i used to see one and scream reallly loudly..my mom used to get soo upset. :X

amirah_87
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

My phobia......
deep dark waters!!....and deep dark places in general, such as that hole the train runs through :offended:
i can't go near those places..with the train i have to stand like a good couple of feet away and wait till it stops and the doors open!! :(

Ameeratul Layl
07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum, such as that hole the train runs through :offended:
:(

The tunnel/underground.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
this thread got me thinkin a lot... what am i afraid of.. hmm... :?

recently i got over the fear of pain by fallin off my bike a million times so i dont really fear anything anymore :D

Fishman
07-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I think a lot of these things aren't actually phobias. A phobia is an irrational fear, whilst most of the things people are posting are rational (eg deep water, pain, snakes).

amirah_87
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

i'm proper phobic of deep waters akhee and Allah only knows how much!!!...that's cause i drowned a couple of years back!!...since then, i shake @ the thought of deep waters:-\

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I think a lot of these things aren't actually phobias. A phobia is an irrational fear, whilst most of the things people are posting are rational (eg deep water, pain, snakes).
There are phobias of snakes, deep water, etc. What make phobia different from a fear is that it is irrational like you said, but that means the length people go to to avoid certain things.

Definitions:

fear P Pronunciation Key (fîr)
n.
A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.
A state or condition marked by this feeling: living in fear.
A feeling of disquiet or apprehension: a fear of looking foolish.
Extreme reverence or awe, as toward a supreme power.
A reason for dread or apprehension: Being alone is my greatest fear.

pho·bi·a P Pronunciation Key (fb-)
n.
A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.

Hopefully that helpd...

MRR
07-26-2006, 05:34 PM
There are a few people with Israeliaphobia.

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
as in the country israel?

MRR
07-26-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
as in the country israel?
Yes, of course. And it's people.

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
oh ok....i guess its phobia thats gonna be around for a while...

MRR
07-26-2006, 05:45 PM
oh ok....i guess its phobia thats gonna be around for a while...
Forever.

Mezier
07-26-2006, 05:47 PM

TIGHT TIGHT SPACES........i cant breath. god thats scary.

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Thank you very much ya'll, now I know how to torture you all with success I demand reps or else ;D

*Ladan*
07-26-2006, 06:14 PM
I am scared of clowns omg they are so scary! Ow and cats and also old people along with every single living animal.
I guess i am scared of a lot of things:rollseyes :D

Helena
07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
FEAR...WOTS MY FEAR...am thinking....erm..erm....

leaving my mum behind wen its marriage time..yeap thats my greatest fear....the thought....makes moi :cry: ..is it fear? or something else....:? :?

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I am petrified of clowns because one followed me at the state fair when I was really young. Plus I saw It-the movie about clowns- when I was like 5...

mlsh27
07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
FEAR...WOTS MY FEAR...am thinking....erm..erm....

leaving my mum behind wen its marriage time..yeap thats my greatest fear....the thought....makes moi :cry: ..is it fear? or something else....:? :?
Sounds more like separation anxiety.

*Ladan*
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
OMG MLSH that movie left me mentally scarred I am still traumatised :(
I am 18 and whenever i see a clown i run for my life :-[

sweetbanana86
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah i have fear of spiders, someone told me to never go to Africa, so insh'allah i will day travel to Africa and i aslo have a current fear of electrial outlets, i hate plugging things in

Umm Safiya
07-26-2006, 08:09 PM

I'm scared of spiders.. And skiing.. I don't like skiing anymore.. I'm afraid I'll fall and get run over by another ski-guy..

Yeah birds sure *Smiles that his Phobia is safe*
So what's ya phobia? The dark? Ants? Tell us! :sister:

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hamzah

I'm scared of spiders.. And skiing.. I don't like skiing anymore.. I'm afraid I'll fall and get run over by another ski-guy..

So what's ya phobia? The dark? Ants? Tell us! :sister:

Kryptonite.

Umm Safiya
07-26-2006, 08:15 PM

What's that?
Is it the same thing that superman/batman is? I'm sorry if I sound stupid :D, but I don't know the word.. :D

Umm Safiya
07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Kryptonite is a fictional element from the Superman comic book series (and subsequent related media).

^So it's not a thing which really exists?

Fishman
07-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm not scared of spiders, I'm scared of these things:

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 08:18 PM

What's that?
Is it the same thing that superman/batman is? I'm if I sound stupid :D, but I don't know the word.. :D
Yep it make superman go weak at the knees and I'm not talking about his love for it, I'd be damned If I reveal my phobia my enemies would take advantage you know who you are ;D

Fishman
07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Yep it make superman go weak at the knees and I'm not talking about his love for it, I'd be damned If I reveal my phobia my enemies would take advantage you know who you are ;D
Who? Lex Luthor?

Umm Safiya
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
So you're not scared of kryptonite!? Or what?

Umm Safiya
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Wanna know something very interesting about spiders?

Everybody swallows on (the) average 8 spiders a year.. So next time you see a spider, think - Maybe it's gonna crawl into your mouth later?

Hehehehehe! And I'm not even making it up, sadly..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 08:37 PM
^ lol i think i already said that before on another thread.

btw fishman that thing isnt that scary, watch animal planet when they show some of those sea creatures. Man im glad i aint a fish !

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Wanna know something very interesting about spiders?

Everybody swallows on (the) average 8 spiders a year.. So next time you see a spider, think - Maybe it's gonna crawl into your mouth later?

Hehehehehe! And I'm not even making it up, sadly..
Yeah i heard that....call it denail if you may but i don't beleive that no way....come on we'd feel something!!...atleast wake up with a hairball in our throat?

I'm not buying that one lol........

Dahir
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
My Phobia List

Small rodents (especially MICE! AAAH!)
Frogs & Toads
Heights
Large bodies of Water and open spaces (desert, YIKE!)
Claustrophic (if someone sits on my leg, I start running out of oxygen, really)

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
My Phobia List

Small rodents (especially MICE! AAAH!)
Thats the first time i heard a guy say that! not being sexist or anything....

bint_muhammed
07-26-2006, 11:07 PM
i have the biggest fear of BIRDS! It is soooo bad honestly, i start to sweat, panick, cry, scream if i see one, i'm alrite when its from far e.g. when like in town centre i see a pigeon, i'm cool about, unless it gets near! my bro and sis propa taunt me with it i wish they didnt know! the worst that could happen is being locked in a cage with and ostrich! aaaagggggghhhhh

syilla
07-27-2006, 02:03 AM
ya Allah...

fishman!!! that is soooo cuteeee. that picture is sooo lovely...

how come you afraid of them....

ABWAN
07-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Insects and liars are my phobia

Dahir
07-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Insects and liars are my phobia
Are you telling us the truth? :D

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 09:15 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

it's funny to hear sum of you guy's phobia's.,

but i can't remember who said tight places....that's me too :offended:

i'm sorry i have to crack up but, Bro Dahir your scared of mice??? ;D;D ......

they're are nasty lil things though!!! :heated:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
well i was thinking yesterday and all of a sudden a raging sister (my sister) came up and started biting my head off for something i cant remember.

whats a fear of sisters called :?

Fishman
07-27-2006, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
btw fishman that thing isnt that scary, watch animal planet when they show some of those sea creatures. Man im glad i aint a fish !
That thing is scary if you have lepidopteraphobia. It flutters, run a mile.

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
^^^ ass salaamu alaykum

that's funny!!;D;D ..sorry:X

SO your phobic of all things that flutter :ooh:

Fishman
07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
^^^ ass salaamu alaykum

that's funny!!;D;D ..sorry:X

SO your phobic of all things that flutter :ooh:
Its really bad, I can't go in a room which has a large moth, a butterfly or a cranefly in it. Or sleep in one that has even quite a small one. Once I tried to use a paintball gun loaded with ball bearings to shoot down a cranefly that was in the house. Fortunately for the fly, my brother and his friends got back, and took it out using a glass.

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

even FLIES HUH??:ooh:

boy you got it REAL bad!!
....i had a giant coakroach fly straight @ me once and land on my back...i was down on my fours tryin to get it off me close to tears!!!

that's a strange phobia!!..first time i heard of it subhanAllah!!..may YOU overcome it inshaAllah...and may we all overcome ours!!:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Its really bad, I can't go in a room which has a large moth, a butterfly or a cranefly in it. Or sleep in one that has even quite a small one. Once I tried to use a paintball gun loaded with ball bearings to shoot down a cranefly that was in the house. Fortunately for the fly, my brother and his friends got back, and took it out using a glass.
lol in that case bro u wudnt like it in my country :p :X

mosquitos moths etc ALL OVER lol

Fishman
07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

even FLIES HUH??:ooh:
Not usually normal flies, but those big ones with really long legs and wings, which are called craneflies, or daddy longlegs. I don't mind hoverflies and dragonflies, since they don't flutter.

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

i can see where he's coming from though...i really hate things that fly and i am scared of sum but i ain't phobic! :-\
you know i saw a mosquito in my house the other day:?:?:?
i did'nt know they were in the UK tooo!!

amirah_87
07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Not usually normal flies, but those big ones with really long legs and wings, which are called craneflies, or daddy longlegs. I don't mind hoverflies and dragonflies, since they don't flutter.

ass salaamu alaykum

Aaaaah, I get you akhee!! :peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
^ LoL!! We get the fattest moths in our house, there HUGE but i dunno they just dont scare me, i'd gladly pick one up :D

thahira
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Salam

Hmmmm... most of the phobias are on height... well u can add me there as well. Hmm standing near any tall builing it make me shiver.. but amazingly when i stand on the mountain top i am not afraid. Seeing snakes (documentary shows in the tv, creepy crawlies!! Oh mi god I would have
goosebumps (just hate the sight of cockroaches, spiders, lizards... u name it man

Umu 'Isa
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a fear of bees! But that is because i'm allergic to them, and it becomes quite severe once i am stung by one.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
I have a fear of bees! But that is because i'm allergic to them, and it becomes quite severe once i am stung by one.
Yeah, bees can be quite scary also. But wasps are worse, because they are actually agressive.

mlsh27
07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
What about killer bees? They are way, way more aggressive than wasps.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
What about killer bees? They are way, way more aggressive than wasps.
Well the're just freaky hybrids made by crossing honey bees with agressive African bees. They were more suited to the warm climate in South America, but were thousands of times more agressive.

Mawaddah
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Hmmmm.......

I dont really have fears of many things Alhamdulillah....
Even though I might feel creeped out of certain things, but I'm not really scared of alot.

I am afraid when I stand at the edge of a high place.....not if it's just thru a window though!
I have fears of walking up long flights of stairs, but that's due to my faulty knee.....i'm afraid that it might slip up and i'll fall down.
Oh yeah, when I'm in the pool by myself, I get scared of the deep side :lol: It feels like there's something lurking down there :-\

Hmmmmm.....that's all I can think of right now :)

umm-sulaim
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Lol....i know what you mean about the lurking part...imagine a lake...?

sis maw you need to go back to the mountains lol....you forgot..lol !!

When i was small i was so scared of looking under the bed or dangling my legs from the bed incase something grabs it....my big sister used to tell us there was a red eyed monster under there so when i switch my lights off i would dive from a distance of 2 metres so that the red eyed monster wouldn't grab me lol...

siblings...!!

Mawaddah
07-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Lol....i know what you mean about the lurking part...imagine a lake...?

sis maw you need to go back to the mountains lol....you forgot..lol !!

When i was small i was so scared of looking under the bed or dangling my legs from the bed incase something grabs it....my big sister used to tell us there was a red eyed monster under there so when i switch my lights off i would dive from a distance of 2 metres so that the red eyed monster wouldn't grab me lol...

siblings...!!
OMG I used to have that fear until I was 16 years old :X I never ever used to let any of my limbs dangle from the bed, I was afraid something lurking under my bed would grab it :offended: and the terrible thing was............I made up the story myself and no one every made me beleive in any monster under the bed.....I was a nit wit :p

amirah_87
07-28-2006, 06:08 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOOOOL!!

umm sulaim..big sis's still got me shakin' in my boots about our red eyed monster...actually lemme correct it....red eyed long sighted monster...;D;D;D

probabLy why i can't go upstairs by myself if it's dark :p....

If you thought YOU was bad Maw, then think again:heated:...i'm still scared of a dark room...i still have to keep my head underneath the covers of my bed if i'm by myself!!!....

you ever tried going toilet @ night and being scared to flush it cause it makes sooo much noise.....i sprint up those stairs thinkin' somehthing's waiting for me underneath the banisters!!..;D....funny but yeah i'm a fast running sprintin' chicken!!!...;D;D

Umm Safiya
07-28-2006, 06:40 PM

you ever tried going toilet @ night and being scared to flush it cause it makes sooo much noise.....i sprint up those stairs thinkin' somehthing's waiting for me underneath the banisters!!..;D....funny but yeah i'm a fast running sprintin' chicken!!!...;D;D
Lool that sounds just like me subhan Allâh.. But its only if im home alone.. i hate making noises.. i dunno why.. its just scary

Mawaddah
07-28-2006, 07:12 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOOOOL!!

umm sulaim..big sis's still got me shakin' in my boots about our red eyed monster...actually lemme correct it....red eyed long sighted monster...;D;D;D

If you thought YOU was bad Maw, then think again:heated:...i'm still scared of a dark room...i still have to keep my head underneath the covers of my bed if i'm by myself!!!....

LoL you bony likkle chicken!! ;D ;D ;D

I used to be just like you about flushing the toilet in the night time you know.........actually I used to hate flushing to toilet so bad that I would just wait till fajr time just so everyone else would be awake :statisfie
But recently I found out that everytime I wake up I just have to control myself so I dont fully wake up, and so I'm still in a half sleep trance and then it becomes no problem to flush the toilet ;D ;D
However the not fun part about it is when I walk SLAM BAM into the door all the time :X :offended:

umm-sulaim
07-28-2006, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

I used to be just like you about flushing the toilet in the night time you know.........actually I used to hate flushing to toilet so bad that I would just wait till fajr time just so everyone else would be awake :statisfie
But recently I found out that everytime I wake up I just have to control myself so I dont fully wake up, and so I'm still in a half sleep trance and then it becomes no problem to flush the toilet ;D ;D
However the not fun part about it is when I walk SLAM BAM into the door all the time :X :offended:

Loooooooooool not you too...........nooooooooo.....

man i have to deal with that here...and you know what she does..shes like oiiii heeey don't leave me, she pushes past you up the stairs so "no one comes from behind"....
before she would be like hey sue come downstairs with me..i'm like you woke me up for that you...*chases her round the room*...in the end i was like if you don't go toilet when you need to, you're gonna do you buisness all over yourself when you're old....that worked hehehe!!! lol!

amirah_87
07-28-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOL!! like me huh ;)

you know what i do i don't drink water @ night anymore or i try not to....
i can't wait till fajr like you..i start breakin into a sweat and everything shakin my self to death and all!!!......
i dunno when i'm gonna grow outta this!!.....:statisfie ;D ;D

amirah_87
07-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Loooooooooool not you too...........nooooooooo.....

man i have to deal with that here...and you know what she does..shes like oiiii heeey don't leave me, she pushes past you up the stairs so "no one comes from behind"....
before she would be like hey sue come downstairs with me..i'm like you woke me up for that you...*chases her round the room*...in the end i was like if you don't go toilet when you need to, you're gonna do you buisness all over yourself when you're old....that worked hehehe!!! lol!
ass salaamu alaykum

your mean:cry: !!!....what happened to all that sisterly love holdin' my hand all the way down stairs thing :p

Mawaddah
07-28-2006, 08:20 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

shakin my self to death and all!!!......
i dunno when i'm gonna grow outta this!!.....:statisfie ;D ;D
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *screams with laughter and falls off her chair* OH MY GOD!!! NUNU you toooooooooo much man!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sure proof about those Mabthooth Brains running around and not in their place!! :giggling: :giggling: :lol:

Maybe you should try wearing diapers again eh!! :lol:

amirah_87
07-28-2006, 08:24 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! :D:D:D

Mawaddah
07-28-2006, 08:27 PM
whooops.......:X okay...qad baddaltuha :D

umm-sulaim
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

your mean:cry: !!!....what happened to all that sisterly love holdin' my hand all the way down stairs thing :p

looooooool!!! hal jazzaa'ul i7sani illal i7saan!!! suratu rahman sis !!

amirah_87
07-29-2006, 01:02 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

don't get me started on rahmat al-asaaghir....:p

anyways...lets not go off topic:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Giant rabbits :X

IbnAbdulHakim
07-29-2006, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Giant rabbits :X
LOL too many horror movies :p :p LOL!!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM
lil creepy things.. aka spiderz.. omg im scared finkn of dem..

Ayesha Rana
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Why can't we discuss how to get rid of these fears instead? Putting them in writing would be reinforcing them unless it's so daft it makes you realise just how daft it is.
I dunno what I'm scared of.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 06:36 PM
oh yeah moths especially when the come fly straight for you face or buzz past your ear burhhhhhhhh

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
LOL too many horror movies :p :p LOL!!!

Too many nightmares

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/OWNER%7E1.ORG/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

*Plays twilight music*

07-29-2006, 06:42 PM
I remember when marya use to scare me at night when i was little by saying 'evil eye' in a wierd eery voice.... lol ;D

Fishman
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
oh yeah moths especially when the come fly straight for you face or buzz past your ear burhhhhhhhh
Wow! I never thought I would not meet anyone with the same phobia as me. I am terrified of any insect that flutters, especially butterflies. Everybody else thinks I'm stupid because of it. I can't stay in the same room as a large moth, a butterfly or a cranefly. Do you find it gets better as the moth season progresses? I can now catch moths and put them out the window, alhamdulilah, but next summer, I'll have to go through the same things again.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I normally kill em, thet propa messy to dispose the body better to catch em but that inolves too much fluttry

amirah_87
07-29-2006, 06:51 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

LOL @ you akhee, moths are weird and nasty and hairy and have big eyes i don't blame anyone for having a phobia of them!!!??? don't think it's stupid either :)

just one thing....why do they(moths) have glitter on them anyways???

cihad
07-29-2006, 07:02 PM
my phobia is people who chew with their mouth open.
i can't stand it! especially if its loud. shudder!

i love heights,but i hate confined spaces- when a lot of people are with me in a cave then i get images of the oxygen levels depleting and i feel myself getting out of breath-i love fresh air

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=cihad;425932]my phobia is people who chew with their mouth open.
i can't stand it! especially if its loud. shudder!

/QUOTE]

shudder!!!

S_87
07-30-2006, 08:05 PM

snakes and to puke.

mlsh27
07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

snakes and to puke.
Yeah I have the phobia of throwing up too: it's called emetophobia...it pretty much runs my life.

Nawal89
07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Wow! I never thought I would not meet anyone with the same phobia as me. I am terrified of any insect that flutters, especially butterflies. Everybody else thinks I'm stupid because of it. I can't stay in the same room as a large moth, a butterfly or a cranefly. Do you find it gets better as the moth season progresses? I can now catch moths and put them out the window, alhamdulilah, but next summer, I'll have to go through the same things again.
My cuzzin laughs her head off at me when i run and scream and hide from Mr.Butterfly. She doesnt understand how horrible they are. I can look from far, but as soon as they start flying, i'm outta there.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
i think the body of the buttafly looks far more creepy then the fluttering of the wings :?

amirah_87
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
ass salaamu alaykum....

you scared of butterflies too....i have to agree with our brother up there^^^

the body is so creepy....hairy weird..ain't got the exact word for it!!::?:?

imran_c
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
as-salam alaykum

i used to fear dogs but when i was in pakistan lol you saw loads of them running around and ofcame that with that one thing which boosted my moral was this my brother said to me "do you fear that dog which allah subhan wala tala has created or do you fear allah subhan wala tala who has created the entire universe and you and will judge you on judgement day" i was like thinking over that and overcame my fear of dogs. Subhanallah!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
the body is so creepy....hairy weird..ain't got the exact word for it!!::?:?
Agreed, just like spiders, sure the legs kinda creepy but what about the body? I dont really mind carrying spiders n stuff tho, if i see one in my room i just leave it :)

Sahabiyaat
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
ME TOO!

i hate hate hate moths .... give me a gigantic spider and i wont bat an eye lid
but even the smallest harmless moths makes me shudder.....they fly just above my head at night and go whack,whack,whack against the celing

:D once when we were little this stupid moth was annoying us at night so i put some lotion on the window sill .. :D the sucker couldnt resist it and got all smothered in it muwahahahahah! :X

imran_c
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Lol i used to keep a pet spider dont ask why lol im not sure even why i did i just had fun keeping it

Tania
07-31-2006, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imran_c
Lol i used to keep a pet spider dont ask why lol im not sure even why i did i just had fun keeping it
Where have you kept him?or her :-[

Always my heart is small when i see dogs, cats or other animals near to the cars. Only the idea to see them under the wheels make me to feel :(

Sahabiyaat
07-31-2006, 01:33 PM
my cat got killed when i was little

it got outside and went and sat under a car and the person drove over it.

i once saw a cat on the road, it had been run over but only its back legs were injured so it was draggin itself everywhere...it was really disturbing

and a cat got run over a few weeks ago at night
it was run over but hadnt died and it was screaming in pain .....it sounded like a baby crying ...:offended:

gamsta3
07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
mice, rats, big fat rats. cant stand them. When i see one run past me i jump so high its unbelieveable. I also hate little insect spiders. The black ones. Used to be terrified of them, but now allah has removed my fear of them, but they still really give me the creeps. Funerals still pretty much put the fear of god into me. But i really do hate rats.

searcheroftruth
08-01-2006, 03:17 AM

he has a fear of rats lol

umm-sulaim
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
ahaa......

They are something to be terrified of .....

Tania
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
ahaa......

They are something to be terrified of .....
not after you will read the story from "Behind the scenes" of LI

umm-sulaim
08-05-2006, 03:34 PM
lol i did....

thanks wassalaam

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 03:58 PM
there are so much phobias out there

and most recent what is made by the west

Islamophobia

may Allah destroy them

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
http://www.phobiaq.com/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.