/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when is culture Religion and when race?

Curaezipirid
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I have not yet formulated this question perhaps as specifically as I will like to be able. During the entire period of my re-orientation to Islam I have also been, sort of inescapably, reorienting my self to my Indigenous culture, and am, although a nice white middle class Australian, an Aborigine.

The passage has been very shocking. What is being perpetrated against black skin Aboriginal people in Australia is knowledge that once certain in can never be gone back on. But worst is that there exists too harsh an extent of persons perpetuating the abuse within their own communities so as to seek to obtain reparative payments for. I am only one white Australian whom is certain that the majority of white skin persons whom like me are also of Aboriginal decent, should be assisting more to prevent the problem; even when it means getting called a racist. But that is only the hardest in the shock, the other parts are about learning that I am always in Islam.

However, my life story, from a strick Christian raising, by leaving Christian teaching in belief with my Father, that there was no reason to take communion without a believable scientific explaination for Jesus ressurrection.
I am thereby twice blessed. And twice blessed away from parental care also, with being invited to attend significant Tradtionally Oriented Aboriginal Corroborees, and at the heart of the esoteric work of Aboriginal Australians, that in truth has no black magic despite the worst among us; and then also finding an esoteric Islamic teaching describing the science of Jesus ressurection. My passage simultaneously then through both these teachings, has been unusual, and solitary.

However, at now 38 years old, and with three sons, but no Husband, I am well placed to take seriously the work of providing for conversions to Islam. I have absolutely convinced my self that Qur'an is the means for, and also that hearing recitations of in Arabic, to commence, is really all that Australian Aboriginal people are needing. Thereupon may we be lead to the teachings we are able to readily immediately conceptualise within the languages of.

But here I would like to open discussion about the various experiences I have had of orienting to different modes of communication within Islam and within the English language. Depending upon the country in which the a web site is based. It is certainly the case that the Regional methodogies of imparting Religious teaching are beginning to adapt all over the world to Islam. That is, almost singularly only excepting for Australian Aborigines. That is so far at any rate. And in fact it is that I am finding that my own form of exposition, that belongs well within the Aboriginal tradtion, even if now somewhat academic, has been very difficult for other Muslims to accept. But especially those fluent in Arabic. Now pray be, why is this? Who can tell me?

My own belief is that this is connected with the fact that my life story gives semblance to one at least of Surah not having met. But, when once the Surah are ordered into that exact order in which Arch Angel Gabriel dictated to Mohammed, then the sequence is in exact concurrence with my life story. And it seems that the parts most difficult, in that I have no Husband with me at present (this is not mine to tell), are surmountable entirely by the insertion of Revelations at the part of the True Believers, whom are the Churches.

Is there any person whom would like to make some commentary with me, or advise me, upon the nature of relations existing between Islam and other Religions, as established in other parts of the world to Australia. Surely all the true believers will one day find we are only hearing now Qur'an. A day soon, and within weeks countable upon the fingers of my hands?

So what are the flaws we need to swallow rapidly and overcome?
(and to that, where is my Husband?)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
But here I would like to open discussion about the various experiences I have had of orienting to different modes of communication within Islam and within the English language. Depending upon the country in which the a web site is based. It is certainly the case that the Regional methodogies of imparting Religious teaching are beginning to adapt all over the world to Islam. That is, almost singularly only excepting for Australian Aborigines. That is so far at any rate. And in fact it is that I am finding that my own form of exposition, that belongs well within the Aboriginal tradtion, even if now somewhat academic, has been very difficult for other Muslims to accept. But especially those fluent in Arabic. Now pray be, why is this? Who can tell me?
Expressions of feelings are very difficult to achieve with words. Language is based on much more then what is read or heard. Although we tend to believe we communicate with voice, a very large amount of communication is non-verbal.

At first glance it would seem that conversation with a person of a different culture, religion, or language would be nearly impossible. But, the good part of us as humans, we all have similar feelings. It only takes a limited knowledge of another persons language to establish a communication of feelings. Sometimes a limited knowledge of a language is an asset when the conversation is about beliefs and feelings. Pure technical conversation is mechanical and not true conversation.

It is true that very few people have attempted to have genuine dialogue, with the Aboriginal People of Australia. I do not think that is because of prejudice or other negative human thoughts. I believe the problem is primarily a lack of knowing and seeing. Very few people outside of Australia have any concept of Australians in General and even less of the Australian Aborigianes.

Hopefully, you will be willing to take the time to educate us about your culture and we will share urs with you. Sharing is an excellent form of communication. You will find that the members of this forum are from many different cultural heritages.

Curaezipirid
07-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Thankyou,

About the need for less words: I Hope that the Man whom in 2003, and will in future again, claim me as wife, is soon to realise that the longer he leaves me in a position of assuming portionally his responsibility, that the less of my self is that available as a good wife to he; thanking the timely reminder in this thread.

And Thanking also Woodrow, I believe that you are correct and that upon the internet it is that we are less able to transmit any emotion, thereby we are less able to communicate cross culturally without using known intercultural forms. The best of which are Islam. About attempts to communicate with Aboriginal Australians, there is a book written called "Linden Girl" that is produced from within the Australian Aboriginal community, and is about an Aborigine woman whom married for much of her life, and has four children with, a Muslim Camel Trader called Jack Akbar. There were persecuted in such a ferocious manner by all the Australian Government authorities, that it became in the end that their Love was better enabled in seperation. Their story is a valuable documentation of Australian History. Black Aboriginal persons have expressed to me that most often it has been persons whom are either Moslem in identity, or are from a part of the world which was once a part of the Empire of Islam, whom have treated our people with respect and dignity, throughout all the array of presentations of racial hatred that have existed.

Curaezipirid
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
From a husband's point of view it's best to express yourself in as few words as possible.
That is, I know who he is, and why he is hiding himself from me at a distance to large for me to travel and find him. And when he gets around to noticing that he is costing himself the Earth, I might spend some words on him again instead of on every body. But he has to stop imagining that I have an infinite supply of my own internal mental pictures for him to share with all his friends relations and acquaintances; and stop imagining that he needs to find ever new things to accuse me with to receive of my internal mind.

He'll just have to make do with less, since the third heroin addicted wife he tried to supplant me with has nearly killed me for a third time by blaming me for what is not mine.

Meanwhile if there are any further difficulties with managing to conceptualise me existing in reality, just suppose that I am a bored housewife working to become a writer who got into a spot of bother with the local criminals; one of whom is dressing up in my writing!

wasalam:) :rollseyes :grumbling :grumbling

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.