/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Permissibility of Nasheeds

Protected_Diamond
05-29-2005, 04:21 PM
:sl: everyone!!

hope you all in good health ameen!

if you go to media at the top of this site and check out the nasheeds you'll know what im talking about... :zip:

some of the nasheeds for example if you click on 'little muslims' and then click on '5 pillars of islam' have got old macdonalds tune to it

some of these nasheeds also have musical instruments in the background...i thought these instruments were not allowed in Islam?? :p sorry im confused

are we allowed to listen to these nasheeds or not?

and what about native deen they nasheeds sound like a rap beat to me? :omg:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
05-30-2005, 10:13 AM
no1 knows what im talking about? :-[

أحمد
05-30-2005, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
:sl: everyone!!

hope you all in good health ameen!

if you go to media at the top of this site and check out the nasheeds you'll know what im talking about... :zip:

some of the nasheeds for example if you click on 'little muslims' and then click on '5 pillars of islam' have got old macdonalds tune to it

some of these nasheeds also have musical instruments in the background...i thought these instruments were not allowed in Islam?? :p sorry im confused

are we allowed to listen to these nasheeds or not?

and what about native deen they nasheeds sound like a rap beat to me? :omg:
:sl:

;DSub-hana-Allah . . . :D The five pillars one; I heard, I don't see anything wrong with it. :) There are Musical Instruments, but only intoxicating-type music is haram . . .

:w:

Protected_Diamond
05-30-2005, 10:46 AM
:sl: dont laf brother lol u make me feel stupid....lol ;)

anyways i still see them haram so i think i is going to stay away from them :sister: coz thats the only thing i can do :p

and may i also say jazahk Allah for replyin bak i thought this topik was invisible :zip:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
05-30-2005, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
:sl: dont laf brother lol u make me feel stupid....lol ;)

anyways i still see them haram so i think i is going to stay away from them :sister: coz thats the only thing i can do :p

and may i also say jazahk Allah for replyin bak i thought this topik was invisible :zip:

:D It's not invisible; the title of the thread is too long to miss Sub-haan-Allah . . . :shade:

A7med
05-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Just try to stay away from those types of nasheeds!!!!

Protected_Diamond
05-30-2005, 03:52 PM
yeah.... :zip:

Pinkrose
06-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Yeah, i thought that any kind of nasheeds that has music in it was haraam.
Don't get me wrong but if there is music in the islamic songs and there is
music in the american songs then whats the difference. bcz' they both have
music and so it's both haraam to listen to them. :-[ :) :confused: I am
kind of confused now.

Protected_Diamond
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Yeah, i thought that any kind of nasheeds that has music in it was haraam.
Don't get me wrong but if there is music in the islamic songs and there is
music in the american songs then whats the difference. bcz' they both have
music and so it's both haraam to listen to them. :-[ :) :confused: I am
kind of confused now.

:sl: yeah i agree with you sis, lol i dont know man i think its best if we dont listen to the ones that seem wrong to us :sister:

HumbleServant
06-03-2005, 05:54 PM
assalamu alaikum

i agree sis, "refrain from that which is doubtful" :) (but there are many fatwas to prove that the use of musical instruments in nasheeds are haraam :) shame theyre not 'trusted' and believed these days by some though :( )

walalaikumussalam

Ibn Syed
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't really listen to much Islamic nasheeds so it doesn't matter to me. Nasheeds are prolly Mubah.

Pinkrose
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM

Me too bro. Ibn Sayed, I rarely listen to nasheeds.
Subhanallah, i really don't understand the point of using music. You know, the nasheeds sound even better sometimes without the music. :omg: :zip:

junna1
06-05-2005, 09:03 PM

:'( You are all sooo lucky you can listen to it. I heard it before, but my brother believes its haram so he won't let me listen to nasheeds no more and I love that song sooooooooooo much. This is his computer you know. :mad: :'( I cry for nasheeds day and night. Oooooooooh the horror of not being able to listen to nasheeds. Especially Zain and Kamal Uddin(they are my favorites :D ) and Dawud and Yusuf Islam and oooooooh I can't list them all. :'(

Ibn Syed
06-05-2005, 09:10 PM
That must be tough.

jameeluddin
06-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Very nice mashallah, hes is good

anwara
06-05-2005, 09:16 PM

sis junna1 why does your brother claim they are haram to listen to?

Ibn Syed
06-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't really see why it would be haram as they do not say bad word and theyre Islamic.

HumbleServant
06-05-2005, 09:26 PM
aslong as they are not taking up too much ofyour time, and aslong as they do not contain musical instruments, as long as they are basically not a thing u are 'hooked on', it says in fatwas that they are permissible if the above guidelines are followed.

but do not despair sister junna, :) whatever the reason ur brother has for not allowing you, this is maybe giving you a push in a much better direction i.e. quran recitation etc :)
too much of our youth are spending time in that which is a comfort, than that which is beneficial :( basically in this case, those who are obssesd with nasheeds so much that they take all their 'lessons' from that, but they frget the quran that is of use to them in this world and the hereafter inshallah. may allah guide us.

-T-
06-05-2005, 09:39 PM
ameen, inshallah

:)

Ibn Syed
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Ameen! :)

Pinkrose
06-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Junna is my sis. and i just wanted to say that our brother doesn't let us because he said the sahabas did not litsen to nasheeds so it is not right. He said that the sahabas used to do peotry not nasheeds and they only did it to make the time go by faster. he claims that the nasheeds are bid'ah :mad: :'(
Oh how i wish that i could listen to nasheeds. But sis humbleservant you have a point. Whatever the reason is i'm sure he wants the best for us.

He won't even let us sing them!!!! :'( :'( :mad:

anwara
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM

is tala al badru alayna a nasheed or poem?

Ukhti_TM
06-05-2005, 10:18 PM

sisters thats sad i look at nasheeds as the nasheed singers spreading dawa i think saying they arent permissible is too extreme but Allah knows best

HumbleServant
06-05-2005, 10:29 PM
asalaamualaikum sisters do not worry :) allah will grant u something much better than nasheeds!!! u shud thank allah that you are not listening to that which COULD in the slightest lead to sin, as some nasheed singers begin using music and the like after some 'record breaking albums', pathetic, and their loyal 'fans' begin thinking that this nasheed singer is now a 'sheikh' or a scholar, and begin saying that musical instruments are halaal just because their beloved 'icon' uses it. astaghfirullah its a sad state of affairs. also, the extent that artists go to e.g. creating foto albums of themselves on sites, posing for the camera so that the opposite sex talks about them (this may nt be their intention but it is what it leads to) and then their loyal fans go right out of their way, and create a FAN CLUB site for them :omg: may allah save us from this fitnah. zina and the toy of shaytaan i.e. musical instruments all in one :omg:

but anyway, once more, imy advice wud be to thank allah swt for the glorious quran, focus on that, as ur brother sys poetry is good, so u cud begin revealing ur talents and writin your very own poetry :) perhaps one day u cud even compile an islamic poetry book inshallah! :) i dont mean to sound blatant sisters, but quite frankly you dont miss out on a WHOLE lot when it comes to nasheeds. its a time pass in a way. and secondly its far better to just, GET ON and listen to what ur bro says since he duz seem to have the 'say' in this issue lol, than to wish you cud listen to them and long for something wich u may/may not achieve :-[ dont mean to sound mean, but i didnt know how else to put it sisters lol.

nasheeds are simply a 'time-pass', we dont need them, we can live without them, and we can practice islam just as well, without them :) walaikumussalam

Pinkrose
06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ukhti_TM

sisters thats sad i look at nasheeds as the nasheed singers spreading dawa i think saying they arent permissible is too extreme but Allah knows best

Subhanallah sis. that's what i said to him. He just doesn't listen and since he is elder than me i should respect his orders.

Pinkrose
06-05-2005, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
asalaamualaikum sisters do not worry :) allah will grant u something much better than nasheeds!!! u shud thank allah that you are not listening to that which COULD in the slightest lead to sin, as some nasheed singers begin using music and the like after some 'record breaking albums', pathetic, and their loyal 'fans' begin thinking that this nasheed singer is now a 'sheikh' or a scholar, and begin saying that musical instruments are halaal just because their beloved 'icon' uses it. astaghfirullah its a sad state of affairs. also, the extent that artists go to e.g. creating foto albums of themselves on sites, posing for the camera so that the opposite sex talks about them (this may nt be their intention but it is what it leads to) and then their loyal fans go right out of their way, and create a FAN CLUB site for them :omg: may allah save us from this fitnah. zina and the toy of shaytaan i.e. musical instruments all in one :omg:

but anyway, once more, imy advice wud be to thank allah swt for the glorious quran, focus on that, as ur brother sys poetry is good, so u cud begin revealing ur talents and writin your very own poetry :) perhaps one day u cud even compile an islamic poetry book inshallah! :) i dont mean to sound blatant sisters, but quite frankly you dont miss out on a WHOLE lot when it comes to nasheeds. its a time pass in a way. and secondly its far better to just, GET ON and listen to what ur bro says since he duz seem to have the 'say' in this issue lol, than to wish you cud listen to them and long for something wich u may/may not achieve :-[ dont mean to sound mean, but i didnt know how else to put it sisters lol.

nasheeds are simply a 'time-pass', we dont need them, we can live without them, and we can practice islam just as well, without them :) walaikumussalam
Thanks very much sis. I will take the advice. After all "Advice is like snow, The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind." ;) I apreciate all of your comments and thoughts. Jazaakalhu'kayran.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-05-2005, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junna1

:'( You are all sooo lucky you can listen to it. I heard it before, but my brother believes its haram so he won't let me listen to nasheeds no more and I love that song sooooooooooo much. This is his computer you know. :mad: :'( I cry for nasheeds day and night. Oooooooooh the horror of not being able to listen to nasheeds. Especially Zain and Kamal Uddin(they are my favorites :D ) and Dawud and Yusuf Islam and oooooooh I can't list them all. :'(

:sl: The names you listed are all permissable, and I don't think there is any dispute of scholars on this because none of them use forbidden instruments. For this reason, it is not right for someone to declare them categorically haraam.

-T-
06-05-2005, 10:59 PM
The objective and impression of nasheeds will differ with each individual.

nasheeds are simply a 'time-pass', we dont need them, we can live without them, and we can practice islam just as well, without them
For you they might be, for others they can also be a great source of inspiration. Careful on how you generalise on nasheeds as a whole as being a time-pass.

Tahir

junna1
06-06-2005, 12:39 AM

I think nasheeds without music or drums are permissible. Duff(drum) is only allowed on weddings for ladies only, well that's what I heard and read and I also think they become haram when you listen to them too much. I used to listen to too much nasheeds and when he stopped me from it I listen to Quran more alhamdulillah, but I don't think that its fair for him to stop me from nasheeds completely. He should allow us to listen to it sometimes, but he will never do that cause he thinks they are haram and he will never change his mind about that. I am glad he is helping us out, but sometimes he should let us have our own choices because Allah gave us choices too.

madeenahsh
06-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Asallama lykum warahmtullahi wabarakhatuh

I would really like to insist to all my muslim brothers and sisters to Seriously read this link am inshalla linking it to you and also I Woulds like to adivce take heed of the words which are written in this site and ponder
inshalla this infomation will bring some enlightment on all of you and make you all understand why I have linked it and why we all should struggle and strive to know the truth and ...de things we do in our daily life and they from authnetic sources or We might be incorrect ..best to do is always find out ..if its aunthentic or not before rushing

Inshalla kheir ""please am hoping inshalla no ONE misundestands me""
barakhatullahi feekh

http://www.understand-islam.net/Arti...katNasheed.pdf

pliz copypast this site and see the info am trying to share
inshallah kheir
wasallam alykum

boriqee
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I agree a hundred percent and i think Alamaah Saalih al-Fawzaan stressed this in "al-Ajwebaat al-Mufeedah"

asalamu alaikum

Muhammad
06-06-2005, 11:15 PM

Jazakallah Khayr for that it was very useful Masha'Allaah.

Pinkrose
06-06-2005, 11:26 PM

Jazaakalahu'kayran for sharing that. very very useful to me.

madeenahsh
06-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Walykum sallam warahmatullah

Na3am InshAllah I hope by time more members read this and take heed

SubhanAllah,

waiyaak, To You Who responded JazakhAllah kheir , too

Barakhatullah feekh
Wasallamu alykum

HumbleServant
06-08-2005, 10:53 PM
MASHALLAH. brother/sister, that was 100% true, and 100% beautiful. jazakallah for that. and may Allah guide us onto the straight path. assalamu alaikum.

junna1
06-09-2005, 02:07 AM

Jazakallahu khayran for posting that. It is very true. I guess it is good that my brother won't let us listen to nasheeds cause he says it's bid'ah. Madeenahsh are you a salafee? My brothers are, that's why they don't listen to nasheeds.

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Jazakallah for that great article! :)

Umm_Qaylah
06-09-2005, 02:25 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Baaraka-Allaahu Feekum madeenahsh for the reminder.
May Allaah reward you for your intentions, Aameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by junna1
Madeenahsh are you a salafee? My brothers are, that's why they don't listen to nasheeds.
You're cute Masha-Allaah.
May Allaah always protect you, Aameen.

'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

madeenahsh
06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Asallam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakhatuh

Na3am Dearest brothers and sisters MashAllah this is one of the signs of true believers they take heed in things they fall short and they try there best to struggle to be better believers Day by day Inshallah kheir .

adherence to the Path of the Messenger, may the peace of Allah upon him, and the Faithful Believers, namely the Pious Forefathers (i.e. As-Salaf as-Saalih) of the Islamic Community of Believers and all those who follow in their footsteps in belief, actions and morals.

Allah has said: And whoever contends with and contradicts the Messenger after guidance has been clearly conveyed to him and chooses a path other than that of the Faithful Believers, We shall leave him in the Path he has chosen and land him in Hell, what an evil refuge! [Surah al-Nisaa' 4:115]

Shaikh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah commented on this verse: "All who contradict and oppose the Messenger after the right path has been clearly shown to them, have followed other than the Path of the Believers; and all who follow other than the Path of the Believers have contradicted and opposed the Messenger after the right Path has been shown to them. If one thinks that he is following the Path of the Faithful Believers and is mistaken, he is in the same position as one who thinks he is following the Messenger and is mistaken."

This is some of Advice I read and inshallah trying best to share
Barakatullahi feekh
Wsallama alykum

MetSudaisTwice
06-09-2005, 08:45 AM
salam
jazakallah sis for sharing that, it was very useful

Bittersteel
06-27-2005, 12:09 PM
well forgive me for asking this question but singing a song or listening a song is it haram in Islam?

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-27-2005, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
well forgive me for asking this question but singing a song or listening a song is it haram in Islam?
No. Expecially when it is Islamic songs, then they can be very beneficial. The only difference of opinion occurs over musical instruments used in songs, but even on this issue we should not be rushing to declare things haraam. Also, it depends on one's intentions as well.

Muhammad
07-05-2005, 11:16 AM

1 Thread split.
4 threads merged.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.