/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is 6gb per month good for broadband?

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
We're getting broadband with bt, its 14.99 per month for three months then 22.99 there after.

Its 6gb per month, is that gud? here is the link for it.

http://www.bt.com/broadband/bb_info....roduct=2000O_H

(p.s I intend on watching loads of lectures n things.)

It comes with Free wireless BT Hub and connection and free Norton Security package.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-26-2006, 02:18 PM
:sl:

Cool I'm happy with my 2.mb connection don't really download much anyway, but that speed would be great and value for money. Btw, bulldog do 8mb for 14.99 but you have to change phone lines ect.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 02:19 PM
we got 24meg connection and all we download are lectures lol

jzcasejz
07-26-2006, 02:21 PM

IF IT IS UNLIMITED internet with unlimited downloadz then i'd say it's good...if it's not unlimited then its best not to go for it as you want lectures and all that...

EDIT:

oops...it's 6gb limit..that's not good...you can get 24 mb unlimited from BE for 24 quid a month..thats close to 22 quid right?

But overall..6gb isnt much...download limits are real buggers!

We got Bulldog and it's 8mb and its great...we had to change phone line but I don't really see much difference with our phones...its more or less like having BT but technically it's called a bulldog phoneline...

I'd recommend Bulldog or BE...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
07-26-2006, 02:42 PM
This is all the stuff it comes with.

Features
FREE wireless BT Home Hub and connection5
Free UK2 Evening and Weekend Broadband Talk calls
250 FREE WiFi minutes per month3 for 12 months
FREE Videocalls4
Norton security package
Large 6GB monthly usage guideline
5 FREE email addresses for you and your family
Create your own online radio station and webspace

Im proper confused. I want ntl but we cant get that for some reason.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
sis i've downloaded 6gigabytes in 2 days b4 :X

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 03:43 PM
are u serious? what did u down load. im so worried cuz its 23 pounds n thats a lot of money. dawud doesnt want to go with bull dog cuz every one at his work ses theyre crap.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
sis im with *Bethere its this bebox thing and thats 24Meg connection for i think £14 a month. Check it out inshaALlah.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/

:salamext:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
we got 24meg connection and all we download are lectures lol

woah which internet is that???? :?

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 04:42 PM
woah which internet is that????
didnt u read his whole post. bloody hell...

sis im with *Bethere its this bebox thing and thats 24Meg connection for i think £14 a month. Check it out inshaALlah.

https://www.bethere.co.uk/

jzcasejz
07-26-2006, 05:33 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
didnt u read his whole post. bloody hell...
Chill Chill Chill and ermmmm...Chill....

Im very sorry to say but 6gb limit is a fairly strict limit considering you want downloads and all that...even browsing sites with pictures takes up bandwidth...if you're going to pay 23 quid or so for internet...then you should go for BE...the one where bro Mazed/Majed said for 14 quid was actually with a 1GB limit...

I'd say forget what BT offer with their Wireless stuff...'cause overall with a 6GB limit...it's nothing and with lectures I think u'll reach ur limit easily and very fast....

I'd say go to BE (bro provided the link sumwer up there) and choose the 24quid one...You would honestly be surprised as to how 6GB will be used so fast...

BE also give a router I think...quickly go to that site and check it out...'cause whenever I see that terrible BT deal...........it's like ---> :heated:

limitless
07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
sis i've downloaded 6gigabytes in 2 days b4 :X

Thats nothing. I downloaded 15GBS in one day, and in one month I downloaded over 150GB ;D . My isp complained that I passed the limit of 100GB download, and would cap my bandwidth if this contiuned. I watched HDTV high quality videos (CSI, Prison break and others) and some fun games, xbox and ps2 lol.

:w:

Woodrow
07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
With my poor little dial-up connection I am envious of all of you. It takes me 4 minutes to down load 1 mb and 40 minutes to upload it to a host sight.My poor little put-file site that I store film clips on takes me about 6 hours per clip to upload. But, that is the only way I can share flash movies etc, with people.

I thought we were supposed to be modern here in the USA. Then again, I'm probably not considered being in the USA, I'm a Texan.

(That is a Texas Joke, we consider the USA as being a county in Texas)

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Im not gonna be downloading all the time n im not gonna be downloading highquality films, just a few lectures every now and then.

Woodrow i know how u feel, altho im not too bothered about my dial up because all i do is chek my emails thats all, if i had broadband it wud be better because i wudnt need to buy lectures n things cuz i cud just down load them.

my husbands saying that 30 min lectures wnt take em any more then 10mb n thats nothing compared to 6gb. Im not gonna be downloading films n things just a few nasheeds from time to time n lectures.

so do u think i shud go for it.

ntl dnt cover our area which is crap cuz i wud have gone with them.

jzcasejz
07-26-2006, 07:24 PM

InshaAllah whatever is best...but as long as it works out well...

btw...is there an option of cancelling it within a month or two if you're not satisfied???

Daffodil
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM
ill have to ask my husband that.

Daffodil
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Asalamulaikum

We cancelled the bt broadband n gonna go with this offer by tiscali now, only thing is that it doesnt come with a router.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/br...ode=ZZ-NL-11GK

its 8mb, unlimited down load, free modem and connection n its 17.99 a month.

what u reckon? i think its way better the the crappy bt one we were gonna go with, im so glad we cancelled it.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
^ Yee! Definitly better then the one you were gonna go for. I reckon you found a better deal mashAllah. 8MB is quite fast aswell so you'll be able to download a lot of lectures.

jzcasejz
08-01-2006, 12:51 PM

yup yup yup, das a very good deal..no doubts about that...unlimtied downloads are good...8mb is very very fast...u'll be able to download loads and loads now....thats a very good deal :D

Daffodil
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
yay im proper happy alhumdulillah.

they also got this other wikid deal which is 1mb broadband unlimited for 12.99 a month, i think thats wikid only 13 quid for broadband, especialy wen at the moment we're paying 15 quid for analogue dial up connection!

any ways im well glad i managed to persuade dawud to cancel bt.

thanks for ur help guys.

salaam

Durrah
08-01-2006, 04:31 PM

Dafodill: I've got Tiscali sis and alhaamduliah its really good. Its a million times better then bt and aol.

It should come with a router though! Mine did, although it wasnt a wireless one, we had to buy that seperately.

Dawud_uk
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah

Dafodill: I've got Tiscali sis and alhaamduliah its really good. Its a million times better then bt and aol.

It should come with a router though! Mine did, although it wasnt a wireless one, we had to buy that seperately.

assalaamu alaykum,

the package says modem, not router but that should still be fine as we can probably get a router 2nd hand as i know a few people who work in pc shops.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Durrah
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Okay lol. I thought it was the router.

this is why i leave all the computer stuff to my bros. Im hopeless.

Daffodil
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
this is why i leave all the computer stuff to my bros. Im hopeless.
dnt worry me too, we females have far more important things to worry about then technical jargon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.