/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sunnah Fasts

SolaceinIslam
07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
:sl:

I would appreciate any info on the Sunnah fasts of the Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him). Include references, please:)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-27-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SolaceinIslam

I would appreciate any info on the Sunnah fasts of the Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon Him). Include references, please:)

I heard that he fasted on Mondays and Thursdays.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-07-2006, 09:21 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

Hadith Qudsi 20:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.