/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recently in London, UK !

guyabano
07-27-2006, 11:22 AM
And I thought, Islam was a religion of peace ? Honestly, many try to bring over Islam as peaceful religion, so why are they showing up such paroles?
How can you ever polish up your image, when you show this violence to european kids?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
:sl:
Islam is the religion of peace, it's just that some Muslims don't seem to think so.
:w:

Ghazi
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM

These are the actions of individuals not islam, only an idiot would believe this is islam.

guyabano
07-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, that is my impression too, but why must some muslims always come up with such silly actions? Supposed, that we reach hands between cultures and religions !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Well, that is my impression too, but why must some muslims always come up with such silly actions? Supposed, that we reach hands between cultures and religions !
So your gonna judge a whole religion on a few people :? this is how bigoted opinions start, this isn't the view of islam this is the view of a bunch of angry people.

amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

cause we're humans, and all human beings can get carried away at times....:-\(note that i'm not stickin' up for the way they chose to demonstrate).

aakhirah
And I thought, Islam was a religion of peace ? Honestly, many try to bring over Islam as peaceful religion, so why are they showing up such paroles?
Islam is a religion of peace, believe it or not. You just have to seek the truth. Unfortunately, basing your opinion of Islam on the words or actions of a few Muslims won't get you anyway (unless you meet practising and understanding Muslims). I hope, for your sake, you understand this and seek the real truth.

May Allah guide you.

A.

i_m_tipu
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
How can you ever polish up your image, when you show this violence to european kids?
u forgot add this guyabano

the way they take london

ans: They have dynamic nuclear antiballistic atomic bomb

which hiding behind their banners

root
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Exercising the right of free speech to denounce free speech. What a concept!

Good post

Fishman
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
It starts because Islam is assertive, and some people try to interpret the assertive verses without knowledge, and think that they are not assertive, but agressive. Muslims are allowed to stand up if they are attacked, but 'destruction' ans 'extermination', as some of those signs called for, are definitely extreme measures.

I'm not sure why there aren't many Muslims protesting like this against global warming and other ecological issues. I would actually agree with a sign calling for the destruction of the big US oil firms, who spread their stupid 'global warming doesn't exist' propaganda around in the same way as farmers put manure on their fields.

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
well basically by doing this it shows a bad character of Muslims and and also like Fishman said Islam is the religion of peace not war!

i_m_tipu
07-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Islam coming from the word salam

salam means peace

Islam is a religion of peace

it is the tring of some peoples (mostly Western)
who do not want to see them live in peace

guyabano
07-27-2006, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
well basically by doing this it shows a bad character of Muslims and and also like Fishman said Islam is the religion of peace not war!

agree ! There might be some extremist muslims which really push the limits too far. But how comes, I never saw, when there was a demonstration like this, peaceful muslims go against these extremist to shut them down? As if they accept it in silence ? Or is it a public shame to go against "brothers" and "sisters"?

S_87
07-27-2006, 11:51 AM
wow youre a bit late

this was people around 200 in responce to the cartoons.

why dont you find the pictures of the hundreds of thousands of muslims demonstrating peacefully?

r0ma
07-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I admire the patience some of you people have with these clowns on the forum. I wish i was half as good the Muslim you are.

:rollseyes

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
agree ! There might be some extremist muslims which really push the limits too far. But how comes, I never saw, when there was a demonstration like this, peaceful muslims go against these extremist to shut them down? As if they accept it in silence ? Or is it a public shame to go against "brothers" and "sisters"?

may i ask are you a muslim?
anyway i would say "some" people push the limit we know most people want to get out there and stand up for there religion but then again don't you think by doing this it makes it worst cause this is where people die loose there love ones and then end up loosing one another also it's not a shame to go against brothers and sisters but then again the people whom accept it in silence all they can do is pray cause no one better than God can do anything also actually, one is to fight if, he is force from his land, he is being oppressed by another,protecting his family(wife,children etc.),His religion is being attacked(physically)So technically, if My country was attacked I would fall under the catagory of being right for me to fight since It may force me from my land, not really the way it is meant but stilled forced none the less having to flee. It would be protecting my family as well, since they may have fear that they would be hurt from the ones attacking. Also war is a form of oppression.

j4763
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

why dont you find the pictures of the hundreds of thousands of muslims demonstrating peacefully?
Strange i dont think i've seen any in london, apart from the 500 or so who protested about a week after?

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by r0ma
I admire the patience some of you people have with these clowns on the forum. I wish i was half as good the Muslim you are.

:rollseyes

I wish you were half as good a muslim too.

He is asking legitimate questions, what is wrong with answering him in a proper islamic manner :?

guyabano
07-27-2006, 11:57 AM

hmmm, why you don't provide us the link ??

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
All i have to say regarding those people is,.. they need Hidayat/guidance if they really believe that they are behaving in an islamic manner.

guyabano
07-27-2006, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

He is asking legitimate questions, what is wrong with answering him in a proper islamic manner :?
ahh, here we can see some good muslims ! I'm happy to see to find some here in the forum ! :thankyou:

S_87
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Strange i dont think i've seen any in london, apart from the 500 or so who protested about a week after?
there was much more than 500

to above post, find yourself the link though it might be quite harder, this demo wasnt 'media worthy' as it didnt show muslims in a bad light

Hijaabi22
[MAD]U cannot brand all muslims to be extremists because of the actions of only a handful , I think Ull find that the majority of muslims are against the violent threats and marches such as those shown above. Islam IS a religion of peace and I think b4 u make comments like wat u made u shud luk in2 it more rather then judge all of muslims by the actions of only a few[/MAD]

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
ahh, here we can see some good muslims ! I'm happy to see to find some here in the forum ! :thankyou:
Please don't bring the attention onto me,..because pretty soon the haters will come out of their foxholes and will start calling me an apoligist/infidel lover... :rollseyes

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM

am i not a good muslim? :rollseyes

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Please don't bring the attention onto me,..because pretty soon the haters will come out of their foxholes and will start calling me an apoligist/infidel lover... :rollseyes
oh "sarcastic" ;D

j4763
07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
there was much more than 500

to above post, find yourself the link though it might be quite harder, this demo wasnt 'media worthy' as it didnt show muslims in a bad light
Well there certainly weren't hundreds of thousands was there? Maybe 10,000 max (which i very much doubt) but hundreds of thousands... come on :rollseyes

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
..What i think the problem here is, the irrational muslims go out there and give all muslims a bad name. And the Rational muslims sit in their houses and complain "They are giving us a bad name!" and don't do anything about it.

If you want the propoganda to stop where it starts, go out there and be heard.

Its like,.. if you see someone drowning, you can't save the person by staying on a dry spot and saying "Look,he is drowning,i hope he will be ok...", if you want to save him, jump in the water and save him.

So if you want to bring back the Honour islam once held in the eyes of muslims and non-muslims alike, make an effort.

Not just Online, step out into the real world.

Heck, i am not saying "go walk in the middle of the street and start shouting "ISLAM MEANS PEACE!", start with your own fellow muslims.

Alot of muslims SAY IT.. "Islam means peace" but if their actions don't live up to their words. Talk is cheap.

Then tell your friends about it.

Then your co-workers,

...and thats how you stop the cookie from crumbling.

aakhirah
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM
What i think the problem here is, the irrational muslims go out there and give all muslims a bad name. And the Rational muslims sit in their houses and complain "They are giving us a bad name!" and don't do anything about it.
Agree.

Heck, i am not saying "go walk in the middle of the street and start shouting "ISLAM MEANS PEACE!", start with your own fellow muslims.
That'd probably have the opposite effect. Shouting doesn't get anyone anywhere, especially not in a debate. Anyway, actions speak louder than words. Being a Muslim, akhlaaq-wise, when going about your daily chores, e.g. while going to work, does a lot to remove any misconceptions people have about Islam.

As my father always says, the best way to win the non-Muslims over (not literally, may I add!) is by our akhlaaq and our (obviously honest) dealings with them. We need to concentrate on showing the non-Muslims around us how much we can offer them as Muslims. Helping an old woman with her luggage at the train station, giving way to someone else whilst driving, removing any harmful object from the way, these kind of things, which are exactly what Islam teaches us, go a long way, Insha-Allah. With the right intention, this is indeed a form of da'wah.

A.

r0ma
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM

I agree with Islam-Truth

"These are the actions of individuals not islam, only an idiot would believe this is islam."

You call it legitimate, I dont see it so.

"I wish you were half as good a muslim too."

:giggling: Please dont bother judging me.

Only Allah knows best.

r0ma
07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
"What i think the problem here is, the irrational muslims go out there and give all muslims a bad name. And the Rational muslims sit in their houses and complain "They are giving us a bad name!" and don't do anything about it."

Agreed.

fantaxxy_moon
07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
well .. muslims don't start by war .. they only talk they r peacefull .. they don't fight or make war just as u ...
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Islam is the religion of peace, it's just that some Muslims don't seem to think so.

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by r0ma
"I wish you were half as good a muslim too."

:giggling: Please dont bother judging me.

Only Allah knows best.

:sl: i didn't judge you Habib :) i simply agreed with you :p

r0ma
07-27-2006, 12:31 PM
:sl: i didn't judge you Habib :) i simply agreed with you :p
hehe.

Ok Brother.

And point taken about my approch.

:)

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aakhirah
Agree.

That'd probably have the opposite effect. Shouting doesn't get anyone anywhere, especially not in a debate. Anyway, actions speak louder than words. Being a Muslim, akhlaaq-wise, when going about your daily chores, e.g. while going to work, does a lot to remove any misconceptions people have about Islam.

As my father always says, the best way to win the non-Muslims over (not literally, may I add!) is by our akhlaaq and our (obviously honest) dealings with them. We need to concentrate on showing the non-Muslims around us how much we can offer them as Muslims. Helping an old woman with her luggage at the train station, giving way to someone else whilst driving, removing any harmful object from the way, these kind of things, which are exactly what Islam teaches us, go a long way, Insha-Allah. With the right intention, this is indeed a form of da'wah.

A.

Exellent post ! People, especially those that Don't like me and my devient sufi tariqah,.. learn a thing or two from this brother. :)

Ghazi
07-27-2006, 12:57 PM

Lets keep the sectarien debates out off this thread please.

Fishman
07-27-2006, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

He's not being sectarian, people keep calling him a deviant sufi and it's turned into something of a running joke.

Unless he actually is a deviant sufi...:eek:

Ghazi
07-27-2006, 01:04 PM
He's not being sectarian, people keep calling him a deviant sufi and it's turned into something of a running joke.

unless he actually is a deviant sufi...
Actually from what I've seen he's the one who mentions it as sarcasam.

Kittygyal
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

yep i agree with you we should not have sectarien debates in this thread :heated:

SirZubair
07-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Unless he actually is a deviant sufi...:eek:
lol, i am not even a sufi :p

Not that there is anything wrong with being one.

What debate? there is no debate.

nennar
07-28-2006, 07:44 PM
salaam brother roma!

i to are so so so tired of some people of this forum!!!!!! i wanted to be a member , so that i could talk to other muslims and learn more about our deen!!! but i find that islam is being badmouthed and that we muslims are being looked upon as stupid, bad people...... and :rollseyes and that makes me sad! it doesent matter how long you try to explain , they will never understand!!!!!! but badmouhting they can:grumbling

j4763
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nennar
salaam brother roma!

i to are so so so tired of some people of this forum!!!!!! i wanted to be a member , so that i could talk to other muslims and learn more about our deen!!! but i find that islam is being badmouthed and that we muslims are being looked upon as stupid, bad people...... and :rollseyes and that makes me sad! it doesent matter how long you try to explain , they will never understand!!!!!! but badmouhting they can:grumbling
Well thats why you have to show that your religion is peaceful, get out there and do something :statisfie

guyabano
07-28-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nennar
salaam brother roma!

Exactly, stop whining and do something to make the situation better !

nennar
07-28-2006, 09:30 PM
exactly what would you want me to do???????

everytime a muslim tries to stand up for him/her you bomb them , kill them or inprison them.............so what???????????? give me some ideas???????? and try themselves befor you tell me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.