/* */

PDA

View Full Version : X Husband Reignz!!

ZOREENA
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Salam Everyone!

Well Im Checking This Out For A New Revert!

This Sister Reverted And Married A Muslim...in A Muslim Ceremony....in Teneriffe! He Actuali Is African If I Remember Correctly..and Theres A Cupla Issuez....

1)x Husband Wont Do The Divorce...he Thinkz Hez Mr Macho Man.....and Sister X Received A Letter To Say She Would Have To Pay 1000 Gbp For This Procedure...based On Her 100 Gbp She Getz A Week...she Has 6 Kidz And The Youngest Is 20! So Out Of His Own Self Indulgence He Wont Get The Divorce Started Which Would Mean No Expenses Would Be Incurred Coz He Is Unemployed!!

SO is there anyway she can lower the cost or not have to pay it? I think its ridiculous thats she has to come up with that sorta money before she can be granted a divorce and marry her husband legally!!!!

2)how Do We Get Her Husband To Belfast....whats The Best Way To Try And Get Him Into The Country..legally Of Course!!! Ooo I Just Rememberd He Is Originally From Senegal!! Think Thats How Ya Spell It!!

Any Help Would Be Appreciated....shez Sooooo Badly Depressed And Worried Now!! And She Living A Million Milez Away From Her Other Half!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZOREENA
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Is There Anything She Can Do To Excuse Her From Having To Pay The Fee?

Snowflake
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes, she can apply for khula if he refuses to divorce her. The Islamic shariah council, (usually based in mosques) will review her application. They will then inform the husband about the application. After talking to both parties, they will suggest reconciliation. But they cannot force the sister to stay married to him, in which case divorce will be granted.

She may have to pay a fee for the divorce certificate. That will be a fraction of what the husband is asking for.

May Allah make things easy for her. Ameen.

ZOREENA
07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
OOOOOO but she was married to him as a Catholic and he is still a Catholic!! That makes it different rite??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
07-27-2006, 04:05 PM
This Sister Reverted And Married A Muslim...in A Muslim Ceremonyin Teneriffe! He Actuali Is African If I Remember Correctly..and Theres A Cupla Issuez....
Sorry I'm confused now... how many sisters are we talking about here?

ZOREENA
07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Just the one...she was married a long time ago....and seperated from her catholic husband! Then recently she became muslim...married through a muslim ceremony....in Tenereiffe..her new husband is originally from Senegal!!

So she wants to bring him here...but she also needs to get a divorce from her x catholic husband to be able to marry her muslim husband under British law!! She livez in Northern Ireland!!

Snowflake
07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
:sl:

Sister she needs to speak to a scholar and I suggest a lawer too. In Islamic law, a woman cannot marry another man if she is still married to her ex.

I'm surprised the nikah was even allowed to take place, unless she didn't disclose her marital status at the time. I am sure her nikah isn't valid. Also in constitutional law (if that's the right term) marrying some while still married to another is classed as bigamy and is a criminal offence - punishable by law. You should advise her to seek advice immediately. Both Islamically and legally.

:w:

DigitalStorm82
07-29-2006, 04:23 AM
I agree...

She'll have to remarry.

ZOREENA
07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
That Was A Christain Marriage First Of All.....she Has Been Seperated...then Became Muslim A Long Time After...and Married A Muslim...do U Know What I Mean? Is That Still Wrong? Coz The Way She Seen It Was..shez Not With Him Or Whatever For The Last Ten Yearz...and Doeznt Consider Herself To Be Married...her X Is Actualli A Bad Drinker...and Hard To Talk To Or Anything!!! He Is Non Muslim!!! And If He Knew About How She Has Changed Etc This Would Cause More Problemz!! No One Knowz In The Mosque As It Is A British Law Problem More So!!

Snowflake
07-30-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
That Was A Christain Marriage First Of All.....she Has Been Seperated...then Became Muslim A Long Time After...and Married A Muslim...do U Know What I Mean? Is That Still Wrong? Coz The Way She Seen It Was..shez Not With Him Or Whatever For The Last Ten Yearz...and Doeznt Consider Herself To Be Married...her X Is Actualli A Bad Drinker...and Hard To Talk To Or Anything!!! He Is Non Muslim!!! And If He Knew About How She Has Changed Etc This Would Cause More Problemz!! No One Knowz In The Mosque As It Is A British Law Problem More So!!
Whether she was in a Christian marriage, Chinese marriage or Zulu marriage, the fact is that Islam recognises marriages of all religions. So therefore, according to Islam, she should not have been able to marry the muslim guy, if still married to another - regardless of her conversion.

And it doesnt matter what her views are. That would mean she can leave her present husband and marry another cuz she doesn't consider herself to be married any more?

DigitalStorm82
07-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I think its best if she talks with the local Imaam about her specific situation... perhaps there is an exception to a rule.

Even though, marriage is still a marriage.

Perhaps the 10 year seperation and conversion to Islam... MAYBE.. MAYBE there is an exception.

Best to seek the Imaam.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Looking4Peace
07-31-2006, 02:47 AM
wow what a slime for not just divorcing her though, talk about control issues.

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 02:48 AM
^^ LOL@ 'slime' :giggling: so true tho

ZOREENA
07-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah..but i dont know if she wants to broadcast it to the mosque...Il just tell her to try and do it that way!! inshallah keep her in your prayerz and may Allah make it easy for her!!!

ZOREENA
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Anyone any advice on this...really dont know what to do!! The Imam at the mosque said it is a valid marriage coz when she became muslim her 'slate' was cleaned of her past!!????

DigitalStorm82
08-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Well, if the imaam said its valid... then I suppose you go along with that decision.

Umar001
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Wait a second hold your horses people,

If a Person is a non Muslim, and they married before Islam, meaning a woman married a Christian man before Islam and then she became Muslim, how can her marriage be valid?

Remember the treaty where all the male muslims who came from makkah had to be taken back to makkah, but then Allah revealed that if a Woman comes to you (the muslims) do not turn her away, and see if she has faith and so on, now do u mean to tell me if that woman was married and then came to the muslim, her marrieage would stand with the mushriks? Come on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.