/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IS This Good?

ktl1509
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
:brother:
After Repenting to Allah i have the weird fearful feeling in my heart and i can feel my heart beating hard is this a good thing? And I constantly think about the punishment in the hearafter and some times it is hard for me to fall asleep

May Allah Bless You All
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iconoclast
07-27-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ktl1509
:brother:
After Repenting to Allah i have the weird fearful feeling in my heart and i can feel my heart beating hard is this a good thing? And I constantly think about the punishment in the hearafter and some times it is hard for me to fall asleep

May Allah Bless You All
:sl:
:sl::brother:
MASAHALLAH this is VERY GOOD as our prophet says whoever remembers his sins and by the fear of Allah SWT has a teardrop even as small as a seed ALLAH will surely forgive his/her sins . And on another account Pbuh the messenger said always remember ur death even if it be at least once a day.

Brother I feel so Happy for u Mashallah, u r truly blessed by Allah , may Allah forgive us all. Ameen

:w:

- Qatada -
07-27-2006, 10:17 PM
:salamext:

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade:

7. '...A man (or woman) who remembered Allah Almighty (including His punishments eg. hellfire, punishment of grave etc.) in private and so his eyes shed tears.'

Our noble Prophet (peace be upon him) informed us:

'If you knew what l knew, you would laugh little and weep much.'

Narrated by Abu Hurairah and Anas & collected in Sahih al-Bukhari (eng. trans.) vol.8, p.326-327, nos.492 and 493.

Crying is not a sissy' thing to do. The Prophet (peace be upon him), who was the best of all creation, would weep as would all of his Companions. Tears are a genuine expression of fear of Allah's Punishment and of our sincere love and awe of Him. But how often do we remember Allah in seclusion and are then moved to tears? How much do we laugh and how little do we weep? The Prophet (peace be upon him) said;

'There is nothing more beloved to Allah than two drops and two marks: A tear shed due to fear of Allah, and a drop of blood spilled in the path of Allah (i.e. jihad in the way of Allaah). And as for the two marks, then a mark caused in the path of Allah, and a mark caused by fulfilling one of the duties made obligatory by Allah..

Hasan - collected by at-Tirmidhi and al-Mishkat (3837).

You can read about the remaining 6 people who will be under the shade of Allaah Almighty on the day of judgement off the following link insha'Allaah. (God willing.)

The Seven Under the Shade of Allah (SWT) on Judgement Day.
http://www.islaam.net/main/display.p...606&category=6

----

I Have Repented But Still Fear Allah’s Punishment
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546980

Concept of Taqwa (Piety/God consciessness/Fear of Allaah Almighty.)
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545552

Excellence of Weeping out of Fear from Allah
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...00/chap054.htm

Fear (of Allah)
http://www.masmn.org/documents/Hadit...en/00_0050.htm

----

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Fear Allah wherever you are; if you follow an evil deed with a good one you will abolish it (the evil one); and deal with people with a good character."

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi no.5359, Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (r.a)

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If, through fear of Allah, tears--even to the extent of a fly's head--fall from any believer's eyes and drop on some part of his cheek, he will be kept away from Hell by Allah."

more hadith:
http://muttaqun.com/fearAllah.html

The more taqwa (God consciessness/awareness of Allaah watching him/her) a person has - the more better the person is.

“O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has the most taqwa (piety). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-aware.” [Surah Hujurat 49:13]

This includes having a stronger belief in the reality of the hereafter/punishment of the grave etc.

---

Your feeling of being sad is really good too insha'Allaah, because:

Laughing exceedingly exterminates the essence of the heart's life and causes it to die. Thus, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Do not laugh too much, since extreme laughter deadens the heart". {Ibn Majah]

more info.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

Our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him and his family) also said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

(sahih Bukhari)

The prophets had the most fear of Allaah Almighty because they knew the reality of the punishments Allaah had in place for the sinners.

After this the most righteous among the believers had fear of Allaah, and the less stronger in faith a believer is - the less fear they will have of Allaah [this gets upto the stage where the kafir (disbeliever) doesn't fear Allaah at all, but the disbeliever will get the worsts of punishments, due to them rejecting their Lord, Allaah Almighty & His punishments.]

Once a person knows the reality of the punishments, they will try their best to stay away from sin, but they should always be afraid that if they fall into sin - they may get punished.

This is why the person should try their best to race for repentance:

Say: "O my servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: he is oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". (39: 53).

This is called taqwa/fear of Allaah. And the best way to keep this strength is by thinking you don't have tomorrow, and that today is your last/final day.

Death can approach at any time, so reciting dhikr of Allaah (i.e. subhan Allaah, alhamdulillah, Allaahu akbar, La illaaha illAllaah etc.) all the time is a really good way of remembering Allaah, to get lots of reward insha'Allaah, and doing everything for the sake of Allaah has huge rewards too. Because you never know when you're going to die, so dying in a state of praising Allaah is one of the best ways to pass away and get jannah insha'Allaah.

Our beloved Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: “He who says; ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’ (i.e., 'None is worthy of worship except Allaah') seeking the pleasure of Allaah, and it being his final statement, will enter Paradise; he who fasts sincerely, seeking the pleasure of Allaah, and died whilst in this state, will enter Paradise; he who spends in charity, sincerely seeking the pleasure of Allaah, and it being the last thing he did before dieing, will enter Paradise.”

Examples for a Good Ending.
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...od-ending.html

But for him who feareth the standing before his Lord there are two gardens (in paradise.)

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?-

(Qur'an Surah Rahman: 55.46/7)

---

If you need to ask anymore questions, please do ask. jazak Allaah khayr. :)

wa Allaahu ta'aala a'lam. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

You should check this thread out, because it's similar to what you asked insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ighlight=shade

:wasalamex

bint_muhammed
07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
its good!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
07-29-2006, 05:03 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

It's a great thing that you are fearful of your Lord and obedient to His command. It is also good that you think about the hearafer often.

The prophet said, By your power I die and by your power I awake, referring to sleeping.

He also said, we should die in good hope that we will receive Allah's mercy.

So basically, what Im trying to say is... When you sleep... sleep in peace, in hope that you have attained Allah's mercy for that night. Your actions of that day and your repentance of that day should give you a satisfaction in which you should feel comfort and mercy of Allah.

Allah is severe in punishment... and you are fearful of that... But, Allah is also most merciful and gracious.

So, sleep in peace brother.

Ma'salaama,
Hamid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.