/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the solution to the ummah's problems.

Lateralus63
05-30-2005, 01:21 PM
:sl:

i wanted to start a really active healthy discussion on an important issue, and to do so i would like to ask whoever reads this, 3 questions :

1. Define the problems of the ummah.

2. What are the solutions to the ummah's problems.

3. How do you fit into that solution

It is hypocritical to provide a solution which you do not fit into yourself, i will reply soon inshaAllah im kind of writing this quite lazily (because its day) and maybe at night when i am slightly more philosophical i will come back to reply with my answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A7med
05-30-2005, 01:40 PM
1) the people of the ummah dont agree with each other. this starts arguments, WHICH START MORE ARGUMENT AND CARRIES ON!!! :mad: :mad:

Protected_Diamond
05-30-2005, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
1) the people of the ummah dont agree with each other. this starts arguments, WHICH START MORE ARGUMENT AND CARRIES ON!!! :mad: :mad:
i totally agree with you sister, there's so many muslims around alhamdullilah but they all tend to diagree with each other! :confused:

Uthman
05-30-2005, 05:39 PM

This is a really great thread you've started here. :)

1) There is hardly any love between muslims. :( At least not like there should be. I don't know how we can ever hope to achieve unity within the Ummah, when there are just arguments and fights. There is always this talk of unity about people, but in a heartbeat it all goes out of the window, and they take their lightsabres out and . . . . . sorry, carried away . . . .

2) Still thinking

3) Will have to think about question 2 first

:)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
05-30-2005, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
i totally agree with you sister, there's so many muslims around alhamdullilah but they all tend to diagree with each other! :confused:

He is a brother. :zip:

..I agree with Brown Clown and Osman. :'(

Lateralus63
05-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Ill be honest this is quite dissappointing because we are supposed to be thinking about these things 24/7 and if we havent thought of the answers so far there is seriously something wrong and we should start thinking from now.

Arwa
05-30-2005, 05:57 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

If Muslims don't listen to eachother, then we're really going to get no where. :'(

*charisma*
05-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

the ummah itself is a problem

more faith less repenting and sinning, we need to show the closeness of our ummah

spreading islam inshallah and providing a real example of how an ideal muslims should be not what they are portrayed by in the media and in western societies

ermm..datz all i can think of now

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Lateralus63
05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Asalamu Alaikum

w'salaam

I was fine with all of your answers except this one, what do you mean specifically?

we cant have generalised answers otherwise this discussion will end very quickly.

Far7an
05-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Do you mean the muslims themselves? If so then I agree.

I will post my answer to the questions in a while InshaAllah

*charisma*
05-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

that is meaning us as brothers and sisters *the ummah* has set ourselves apart from eachother..the only reason there cud be any problems is if the ummah itself contained them and our ummah is not perfect or even near perfect to what its supposed to be...the problems lie within our ummah. this strictly just through my perspective...we are starting to grow more confused everyday because of our surroundings, and this is wrong because we are letting are surroundings affect us and if that is the case then we are muslims all for the wrong reasons...

i have to go but inshallah i can discuss this later and clearify myself

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

- Qatada -
05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Asslam o alikum

On my opinion the problems in the ummah is partly to do with every1 arguing over which way of Islam is right e.g. wahabis n shia n sunnis etc. wen in Islam we are'nt allowed 2 do dat.. n one of the major things goin on in the world is how the major worldly powers eg. America are putting so much pressure on the muslim countries and making sure they cant join together to fight bak and attacking the weaker countries not just for the oil but also to put fear into the rest of the world trying to show that we are the super power so watch out o els we might attack u next. they put pressure on any country who goes against them and because the rest of the world is afraid they all join in so they do not be the next victim. Their aim is to attack any country b4 they get attacked 1st an example of this is Iran wit their nukes..

Lateralus63
05-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

that is meaning us as brothers and sisters *the ummah* has set ourselves apart from eachother..the only reason there cud be any problems is if the ummah itself contained them and our ummah is not perfect or even near perfect to what its supposed to be...

w'salaam

Very true, you see, problems have not arrived wholly because of media, or wars, or XYZ reason, its because mainly the muslims, including myself have not been up to the standard so we have been sent these problems because we deserve it, and, inevitably as a punishment.

the problems lie within our ummah
Fairly obvious from the question originally asked, but anyhow, the first proper full answer from a member, come on people dont watch please post your ideas !!!

Z
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

These are my thoughts and none of you have to agree a tad bit if you don't want to.

In answer to the first question, I think the main problem of the Ummah is unity. For some reason, we are so divided that the theory of the Ummah being a whole body no longer exists. How many of us feel the pain of our brothers and sisters? On the other hand, how many of us be happy and joyful at the good fortune of our brothers and sisters?

Because of the lack of unity, the Ummah has fallen apart. One Muslim cannot tell another Muslim anything without the other Muslim saying something back to them. For example, a brother tells another brother that listening to music is haraam. Rather than taking on board the advice, or even so thanking this brother for pointing out the wrong in him, he will say something back to the brother which he finds at fault within him. Was this the chacrater the sahaba's had within them?

There are plenty of other problems, but I think those can be tackled easily if first of all the Ummah is united at heart of the believers. The prophet said: "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

'Tis sad to say that in this day and age, the Muslim Ummah is so far apart that blood is being shed of fellow Muslims just to acheive short success in this world.

Right, that's enough rambling on the first question. Moving on now, I think the solution to all of the Ummah's problems will be to create love and unity between us. Again, I will stress on the importance of the greeting which each of us should be practicing. Most of us give it once, and when not given a reply, we be disheartned and next time forget about giving salaam.

Allah says: "When a greeting is offered you, answer it with an even better greeting, or (at least) with its like. God keeps count of all things."

No matter if you know the person or not, each one of us has a right to be greeted. The prophet said: "A Muslim has a right against his fellow Muslim in six ways.' Asked what were these, the Prophet said: 1. When you meet him, greet him; 2. If he invites you, accept his invitation; 3. If he seeks your advice, give him an honest and sincere advice; 4. If he sneezes and praises God, bless him; 5. If he falls ill, visit him; and 6. If he dies, attend his funeral."

Once love is establised within the Ummah, each one of us can start to help one another in terms of correcting and purifying oneself and faith, and also in other matters such us worldy difficulties.

As to how I fit in? I don't think I do. I am at fault myself, and see myself a bad Muslim and a bad example. With this constant thought in mind, I try to correct myself and as far as helping overcome the problems goes, I only help and give advice on matters and deeds which I myself practice. The worse Muslim in my eyes is one who doesn't practice what they preach.

Again, feel free to disagree to anything that I've said. I could go further on each question, but this will do for now.

Jazak Allah for bring the issue out onto the surface brother.

Danish
05-30-2005, 07:07 PM
the answer is simple and is said in Prophet's Muhammed (PHUB) last khutbah...hold fast to Quran and the Sunnah!!!!

S_87
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
we have too much wahn
we fear the creation...
we love life

Uthman
05-31-2005, 09:15 AM

Excellent answer by Abdul :shade: and Charisma that was like totally cool like!

This is a proper discussion like it's meant to be! Not just an article in the original post and then the replies. I have to compliment you on that one Lateralus63. :)

The problem of unity goes without saying. How can we ever hope to achieve global unity, if we cannot even unite within ourselves as muslims? Obviously, we must all try to promote unity in all ways possible. (campaign??) We need to learn to overcome our differences and focus on our similarities. The subject of unity is a very long topic indeed. There are countless discussions on forums and many, seemingly endless articles on it, but where is unity? Where is it? Practise what we preach? The moment there is a disagreement over something, unity goes straight out of the window and people are at each others throats. Where is it?

وَاعْتَصِمُواْ بِحَبْلِ اللّهِ جَمِيعاً وَلاَ تَفَرَّقُواْ وَاذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنتُمْ أَعْدَاء فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُم بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَاناً وَكُنتُمْ عَلَىَ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ فَأَنقَذَكُم مِّنْهَا كَذَلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ

003:103 Surah Al-Imraan)
And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah, and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.

What else is this rope of Allah but the Qur'an and Sunnah?

We need brother Ahmed Waheed here. :shade: I hope he doesn't mind but here is a link to his post. :)

Also, declaring someone Kaafir is not a good starting point. nuh-uh. In calling someone Kaafir we have already caused disunity. When doing an act or saying something we must tread carefully and ask, 'Would our Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) have done this or said this? :)

How do I fit in? Act on my own words ^^. :)

Lateralus63
05-31-2005, 09:42 AM

An excellent reply by bro abdul, and i do agree with what he is saying, apart from the fact that i think, bro abdul, you do fit in somewhere, you just need to find out how.
Right well its only fair that i write my answer now, im going to write quite a lot, you see i told myself that, if i can write 2 pages on a games review why cant i write more on islam? anyway, here are my answers.

1) I think there are so many problems, so it would only make sense to define the few major ones that cause the trouble and the fundamental trouble makers. I think the root to all of this is being selfish, as humans we were born selfish and it seems this nature has popped up within ourselves and caused us to care more about ourselves and love ourselves, and so, we commit sins like, lazyness, anger, lust, caprice, plotting the list goes on and on. I think one of the major problems is, family problems, a lot of marrige issues, or generally the family is the cornerstone for an islamic community or state and since our families arent exactly in ship shape its caused huge problems and only instills within us the view to disunite, either consciously or subconsiously.

Another problem is passivism, people are never activists, they never get active and do things they just sit there and think all day, not just that but thought itself, how many times has Allah SWT said in the Quran, "This is good for you if only you knew" is he not telling us to THINK? Unfortunately, the traps of the media and egotism run wildly and stop us from thinking about the important things. One quick other big big problem is, marrige in young people in the west, apparently its seen as "impossible" to marry and have education at the same time. Well go figure parents forget half of your childrens iman. If we get married, apparently we cannot be educated and remain dumb, but if we get educated, we start to indulge in all sorts of nasty sins. This is a big problem that really needs to be looked at carefully.

2) As i said somewhere else in LI the key...to all the ummah's problems is Individual Reform because Allah said in the Quran "Allah only changes the situation of a people unless they change themselves from the inside" This is the clear solution lying there right in front of our eyes yet we never bother to look or apply it. I tell you why the situation of the ummah hasnt got any better, because we simply dont deserve it, everything is in Allah's control not ours, if we show Allah we are good muslims he will, inshAllah, bestow us with victory again. Thats all thats required, just change yourself from the inside, present islam in its pure form to the rest of the world, and the media will not be able to say one thing.

3) I guess the foremost goal i wanted to establish is, i wanted to reshape myself and people and develop a new angle from which people look at life and develop some new angles in different fields like photography, psychology, philosophy, oratry, poetry. I think one of my goals would be to write a book, on something i wanted to call soul psychology exploring the different essences. However this is a side goal, if it doesnt go ahead i wouldnt be depressed but nevertheless dissappointed. I also wanted to give a speech to different people, i feel that i am part of the solution by telling people to reshape and reshaping myself so that, when we are all good people, we will deserve what comes towards us in the future events. Basically, telling people how to change, but by utilising psychology and philosophy to do so.

Sorry for the long reply, but it is a very big issue which requires appropriate attention, still awaiting replies from other people, like, hint hint, ansar al haq.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-31-2005, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lateralus63
As i said somewhere else in LI the key...to all the ummah's problems is Individual Reform because Allah said in the Quran "Allah only changes the situation of a people unless they change themselves from the inside" This is the clear solution lying there right in front of our eyes yet we never bother to look or apply it.
:sl:: Lateralus. I strongly agree with what you've said. The referred verse is as follows:

13:11 ...Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)....

This is what I've said on the issue before:
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
And the muslims wonder why they have fallen into destruction?

Let us turn to the Book revealed by Allah Most Wise, and examine the reason behind calamity:

42:30 Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because on the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.

30:41 Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the meed) that the hands of men have earned, that ((Allah)) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from Evil).

There is only one cause for the downfall of the ummah- they have left the path of truth enjoined upon them by the Lord Most High.

People have grown careless in the implementation of Allah's laws. They have fallen into sin and have placed the Holy book behind them. The muslims have becomes slaves to their desires and have become attached to the worldly life.

The calamity that muslims have fallen into is due to only one reason- we have abandoned the deen.

Likewise, there is only one path for us to take. There is only one solution to the problems in the muslims ummah. It is not a political solution or societal solution.

it is an individual solution. The muslims should turn their face to Allah and cry out to Him for forgiveness. We must water our deceased hearts with the tears of taqwa. We should make the Qur'an our guide in this life, so it may, by Allah's permission, be our intercessor in the next life. We must turn away from wordly pleasures and focus on the irresistable fate of all human beings-

Death. Only when we consider death and the afterlife will we realize the temporal nature of this life and hasten in our struggle for good.
The soltution is so simple, I'm not sure what else to add to the above.

Anyway.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-31-2005, 06:57 PM
i will reply soon inshaAllah im kind of writing this quite lazily (because its day) and maybe at night when i am slightly more philosophical i will come back to reply with my answers.
:sl: :D :lol: Nocturnal? Perhpas your avatar really does represent you.

Lateralus63
05-31-2005, 06:58 PM
:sl:: Lateralus. I strongly agree with what you've said. The referred verse is as follows:

13:11 ...Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)....

This is what I've said on the issue before:

The soltution is so simple, I'm not sure what else to add to the above.

Anyway.

JazakAllah khairun for your views, although i am wondering your opinion on. Question 3. Namely, how would you fit into this supposed solution of the ummah?

I know you could just easily say "i will individually reform" but i was pondering on whether you may have anything extra to say to that basic idea.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I'll have to think about that, so that I can give you a better reply. :)

Lateralus63
05-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I'll have to think about that, so that I can give you a better reply. :)

Ok bro, well, take your time indeed, its like daytime now and i feel so drained :(

Another thing i wanted to define is, we need active dialogue to get people active, now some of that active dialogue may involve critique of bad practices that we as an ummah do. One of the worst things for a person to do within that dialogue, is to take it personally. I think that in general discussion, people mix emotion when it shouldnt be mixed with. So if me, or any other person was to discuss a certain issue it would be seen as an "insult" rather than advice. This ideology really needs to be stepped out because it only seperates people further.

Ra`eesah
05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Assalamu’Alaykum

im just going make mine short and simple... a lot of brothers and sisters replyed the first question.... so im not going to into that...

Like we all know ..13:11 ...Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)....

So obviously we have to start with our selves...

If your not part of the SOLUTION then your part of the PROBLEM

Lateralus63
05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu’Alaykum
If your not part of the SOLUTION then your part of the PROBLEM

that is my exact philosophy. Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

I wanted to turn this thread into a big discussion, so please dont limit the size of your posts because you think it will be too much. Please, express yourself, dont repress yourself.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Assalmoalikum-wa-rahmatullah-hi-wabrakatu

Mashallah excellent topic!

Here is what I think are some of the elementary things that can HELP improve the ummah -

1. Every Muslim, male and female, must immediately resolve to at least fulfill the basic requirements of Islam, salat in particular.

2. A massive educational programme to be specially launched on an organized basis with emphasis on religious education and education of adults.

3. Basing our social life on the sunnah and our economical activities solely on the laws of Shariah.

4. Total abstention from mutual conflicts and in fighting.

5. In case of contention, to amicably solve any problems through proper arbitration.

6. Encouragement of business, trade and skills.

7. Dissociation from all customs and rituals at the time of birth, marriages, funerals and other occasions.

8. Particular emphasis on cleanliness, tidiness, health education and physical fitness.

Uthman
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM

I think a problem with the ummah is that not all muslims follow the Qur'an and Sunnah as it should be done, either through misinterpretation, or perhaps it is what they have been brought up to believe. The result of this, is that we are not (the ummah as a whole), presenting the true image of Islam to the west, which can mean only misconceptions. Our own doing.

I think the solution is to perfect ourselves as muslims and try to encourage others to do so. As has been said, individual reform. Also try to promote the true Islam to all muslims through all means possible.

As Lateralus said, it would be hypocritical to provide a solution to which we don't ourselves fit into. So thus far, the only obvious anwer is to perfect myself as a muslim and try my utmost best to promote the true Islam, refuting misconceptions wherever possible and inviting and guiding towards Islam.

A7med
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~baby girl~
IM a brother!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: and dont tell me that u thought i was a sis!!!!! :mad: :mad:
it is also stuff like the DIRTY KUFAR rap which gives ISLAM and the UMMAH a bad name.

- Qatada -
05-31-2005, 08:26 PM
IM a brother!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: and dont tell me that u thought i was a sis!!!!! :mad: :mad:
it is also stuff like the DIRTY KUFAR rap which gives ISLAM and the UMMAH a bad name.
bro! chil out yh.. she obviously neva sed it on purpose. :)

i think it wud b alot easier if all muslims tried to 4giv each other for a start and then started to work on a relationship and agreeing with each other by relating more to the Q'uran and Hadith to get a more outlined idea of how or what they should do. This would make it alot more easier for the future generations because they wouldn't feel confused over what is right n what is wrong because this is one of the main issues which turns people away from Islam.

No - one can say this is wrong because Islam did start off with every1 agreeing to what the Prophet Muhammed (salalahu alaihi wasalam) said and therefore we should all follow that example.

Silver Pearl
06-01-2005, 07:27 AM
:w: warahmatullah wabarakatu,

Good to see this post living in this forum...i've already stated my 2 cent (which toke atleast a whole page) so i'm not going to torture you all by coping it here....beautifully said by akhi Ansar mashallah...oh and the rest of you who contributed :)

al faqeer
06-01-2005, 08:51 AM

Indeed the believers are brothers. (Quran 49-10)

And hold fast all together to the bond of Allah, and be not divided among yourselves...(Q 3-103)

Every soul is accountable for itself, no bearer of a burden bears the burden of another..(Q 6-164)

Do not engage in disputes with one another, lest you lose courage and become insignificant and your Power depart...(Q 8-46)

". It is related on the authority of Abdullah ibn Masud, the famous companion, that he once said, "Being together as a jamaa’ah, being united as a jamaa’ah, this is the Hablullah (the Rope of Allah) that Allah is talking about in this verse", and he (ra) goes on to say that, "That which you do not like in the jamaa’ah is better than that which you love in your own little separate group."

Well Its easy to talk about but almost impossible to implement , as in this age filled with Fitan our muslim Ummah have passed the peak of weakness wal 3iyaathu billah .

We can say and claim we follow the Quran and the Sunnah And the Prophets Household and the salafus saalih , but its all claims because if we really did we would not have all these Fitnas and social diseases and museeba's and weakness .

here is some good advice

http://soundvision.com/info/muslims/...gsforunity.asp

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM

You see to make everything go that little bit faster we need to be slightly active and do that little bit more.

People dont think anymore, they desire to be normal, or have never been given the benefit to further their thinking scope. If you present these philosophical ideas they gaze at you in amazement but this is something we should all be able to come up with automatically. Reflection and contemplation is required big time, i seriously just wish people could think more. Thats one of my goals when trying to inform to reform, Just think.

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM

Fourth question.

4) How did materialism arrive in the muslim ummah.

Danish
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
4) How did materialism arrive in the muslim ummah.
when we became so short-sighted taht we forgot real life is after this life...

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish

Danish bro anybody can give a one liner answer. I understand you were probably at college at the time you posted this. But anyway what i am about to type, please dont think i am aiming it specifically at you. Im saying this to everyone.

I didnt create this thread to have short post wonders, tell me why should i repeat something that has been done before? the reason why i created this thread is because i wanted to get answers from people which were never said before in the past, and thats why i would prefer people if its not too hard to at least write 3 lines.

If your going to post "i agree" tell me what exactly you agree with and why, just dont leave it at that. We need to be able to express ourselves clearly to stand out from the crowd.

Uthman
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM

Book 37, Number 4284:

Narrated Thawban:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death.

Materialism

The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.
A great or excessive regard for worldly concerns.

I had to look it up in the dictionary to comfirm what I think it meant :-[

Anyway, I think that with the introduction of technology such as television, computer e.t.c., these have led us away from the deen. So I'm saying that since these were invented, or at least since muslims realised they were invented (lol), they have increased our love for this worldly life and decreased our love for the afterlife.

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Anyway, I think that with the introduction of technology such as television, computer e.t.c., these have led us away from the deen. So I'm saying that since these were invented, or at least since muslims realised they were invented (lol), they have increased our love for this worldly life and decreased our love for the afterlife.

BANG you are right on target.

Technology exists to restrict the choices we have, if we look into our great islamic history we can see that technology did not play such a focal part within lives.

Islam is all about going back to point zero, returning to the origin, to the creator. To repent, To turn back.

Technology is all about moving forward, advancing at whatever ethical cost.

You can see the big contrast here, fair enough, technology may have given us some freedom in the world. But as Osman said, not only has it nurtured the birth of materialism. But it is also there to aid the modern hedonist world.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullah-hiwabrakatu

Mashallah the brother did make a good point though - the real life is the hereafter and if we concentrate on gaining rewards for the akhira it will help us to better muslims. The unfortunate situation these days is that we want everything in the DUNYA and everything in the AKHIRA - we need to make sacrifices in the dunya to get benefits in the akhira!

May allah guide us all

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullah-hiwabrakatu

Mashallah the brother did make a good point though - the real life is the hereafter and if we concentrate on gaining rewards for the akhira it will help us to better muslims. The unfortunate situation these days is that we want everything in the DUNYA and everything in the AKHIRA - we need to make sacrifices in the dunya to get benefits in the akhira!

May allah guide us all

Ameen,

One another thing we need to focus all our energies on is the youth. The youth are going to be the people who will inhabit this earth after us. We need to focus on those youth not making the same mistakes that we have. That really is also one of the solutions because, we wont be able to change the world once we are in our wheel chairs and hospital beds. I hope i speak for myself as well inshaAllah.

Remember, we will be asked about our youth.

Noor
09-27-2005, 02:26 AM

Dear brothers and sisters,

Whats wrong with our Ummah?

Lets point out the issues that are plaguing our nation and provide relative solutions.

Malaikah
09-27-2005, 02:34 AM
in my opinion one issue is that people do not know how to seperate haram from halal and they quickly jump to conclusion that certain things are haram with out any proof. also, even though people know that certain things are haram, they continue to do it. the western life style seems to have taken a large toll on the muslims, especially the youth. its common for me to see muslim sisters dressed up in such ways that they wish to looks toally western to the extent that they wear revealing clothes. this is sad
and is just one issue that i feel is harming the ummah.
i hope you value my opinion sister

Muhammad
09-27-2005, 01:25 PM

Threads merged.

Protected_Diamond
09-27-2005, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
He is a brother. :zip:

..I agree with Brown Clown and Osman. :'(
ooops im ever so sorry :-[ please forgive me

Uthman
09-27-2005, 06:45 PM

One another thing we need to focus all our energies on is the youth. The youth are going to be the people who will inhabit this earth after us. We need to focus on those youth not making the same mistakes that we have. That really is also one of the solutions because, we wont be able to change the world once we are in our wheel chairs and hospital beds.
I fully agree with you. Today's youth are tomorrow's ummah. Tomorrow's hope. Whilst they're/we're at it, they/we might be able to provide an alternative to fossil fuels or something. :brother:

Lateralus63
09-28-2005, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

an alternative to fossil fuels or something. :brother:

Our youth in itself is a fossil fuel, you can use it, and it seems like there's plenty, but eventually its going to run out, and when it does, you cant get it back.

aishaazher
09-28-2005, 11:57 PM

Our youth in itself is a fossil fuel, you can use it, and it seems like there's plenty, but eventually its going to run out, and when it does, you cant get it back.
good point brother :p : :thumbs_up

Uthman
09-29-2005, 02:57 PM

Very true brother! :) JazakAllah! Which is why Muhammad (SAWS) warned us:

"Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free-time before your preoccupation, and your life before your death."

ummbilal
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM

a lack of taqwa and distractions of the dunya taking over, everyone competing with material possesions,

Jihad fisabiillah

ie Fighting for Allah, this is the solution to the problems of the ummah. then we can have a sharia state and teach true islam and live as muslims without fear and fitnah.

some muslims dont even believe in jihad.....authubilahi,

"'(Disbelieving) nations will appear to be inviting each other to you just as diners invite each other to eat a bowl of stew.' Then someone asked: 'Will that be because we will be small in number at that time?' He answered: 'On the contrary, you, at that time, will be many. However, you will be scum and foam like the scum and foam of bodies of water. Allah will remove fear of you from the breasts of your enemies and Allah will instill al-wahn (weakness) in your hearts.' Someone asked: 'Oh Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?' He replied: 'Love of the life of this world and an aversion to dying.'"

Allahu alam (Allah knows best) but isnt this what is happening today?
muslims dying everywhere, iraq, afghanistan, indonisia, etc etc..
and wealthy muslims in the west getting bigger morgages and faster cars.
immams in muslim countries thrown in prision for calling to jihad and explaining islam, khutbas cencored, its a discusting situation we muslims are in.

when lies becomes truth and truth becomes lies,

i need to learn as much as i can about my deen to teach my sons inshaallah.

inshaallah Allah will lead us all to the right path and unite the ummah

Abdur-Rahim
09-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Insha Allah we'll be amongst the shahids, insha Allah
Allahumma let us be amongst those who die in ure cause امين

- Qatada -
09-29-2005, 04:21 PM
ameeen..

please read the following threads:

The Battlefield - the safest place on earth (the safest place on earth for a muslim soulja - but the worst nightmare of a kafir)

Worlds bravest People (this is such a deep/moving story about the muslims defeating the crusaders) [plz listen to the audio ]

plz take time to read them.. barak Allah u feekum. jazak Allah khayr..

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

- Qatada -
11-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Do you really think islam is strong enough? Do we have what it takes to unite all the muslim ummah together? Can we really join all them 73 sects into one and be rulers of the world again?

But how can we do it... we’ve got enough troubles already, plus I’m young yet so I can focus more in islam when I’m older. I’ll chill out yet, get my fair share of cash and grow my beard when I’m 40. My sister doesn’t wear the hijab either and coz our pops doesn’t say anything we can cotch yet.. lol.

Compare yourself to that bro… now compare yourself to the young souljaz at the time of our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam. You see a difference?

Don’t you think that the problem with us is that we have really started to imitate the kuffar just as our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam had said we would.. To such an extent that we've gone even further than they have?

This is because of poor islamic principles being taught from a young age and most people not really knowing what islam is. instead they focus more on what they see around them and follow it blindly, most kids will think islam is strict because they feel its forced upon a person due to the parents saying to their child that they have to perform salaah, without explaining the reason behind it - which confuses the child even more and makes them turn away..

Most kids that have a basic idea of islam think that they can do it once their older and that they can enjoy being young yet.. they dont know how much of a sin it is to 'go out with people' and once a person falls into that trap, its really hard to escape it. this is because once a person starts to practice islam properly, most people will embarass the person and say that he was a person who did so much sins in the past but now they actin all innocent and islamic (because subhan Allaah its regarded as something strange to follow islam properly.) maybe thats when the hadith about the ghuraba (strangers) comes into it insha Allaah.

Our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said:

"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

The hardest part is that most people are trying to make the youth focus more on turnin away from drugz, crime etc. this is done by youth centres etc. but even though this may help abit.. it still isn't makin the people focus more on islam. the town that we live in, the majority are muslims of pakistani origin.. but still the youth center owners which are pakistani focus more on youth activities instead of islam. most of us cant even defend islam if we be asked about it and the majority feel guilty if they are asked about it, thats why i want to learn more about islam to answer the questions that people have.

Only once people have an open mind and want to learn more about islam can we focus on helping them.. most might even want the help but we need their help by them asking us questions so we can answer them insha Allaah. the reason why most of us alhamdulillah have learnt quite abit is due to us wanting to learn, because only then does Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala open the road to knowledge for that person. We need this intention from the Muslims so they can defend Islam.. But sadly most just want to follow their desires and that is why they dont want to gain knowledge, but instead they turn away because they think islam is too strict.

even though islam is easy:

our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu alyhi wasalam said:

“This religion is easy. No one becomes harsh and strict in the religion without it overwhelming him. So fulfill your duties as best you can and rejoice. Rely upon the efforts of the morning and the evening and a little at night and you will reach your goal.” [Sahîh al-Bukharî]

Its only our desires that stop us.. So if we overcome them, then insha Allaah we can follow Islam whole-heartedly.

O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and do not follow the footsteps of Satan, for he is to you an avowed enemy. (2: 208)

Only if we do this, will we be guided insha Allaah.

The majority of us want Jannah/paradise.. Yet we dont want to work hard for it. We want to enjoy this life - but we dont want to go through the struggles of this life to get to Jannah.. Islam is a way of life, but most dont act upon it. If we really believed that Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala is watching over everything we do... then we really wouldn't be commiting all these sins.

This ayah summarises what we should do to be successful.. too bad we've all turned our backs to what Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala has ordered us to do.

O you who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared; and die not except in a state of Islam. And hold fast all together, by the Rope Allah stretches out for you, and be not divided among yourselves….(3: 102, 103)

Lets re-unite as a muslim ummah.. hold on firmly to the rope of Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala and put aside our differences. 95% of our beliefs are the same (within our sects) yet we all look at the differences.. If we keep doin this, we will never be successful. we have to wake our brothers and sisters up, dont leave it upto no-one else, because if everyone thinks that way, we will stay in the same state.

"Indeed Allaah never changes the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. When Allaah Wills a people’s punishment then there can be no turning it back and neither will they find any to protect them besides Him." [ar-Ra`d (13):11]

Allaah u a'lam.. and Allaah is the source of all strength.

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

libyanhero
11-23-2005, 07:44 PM
sure we can bring the ummah back but first muslims gotta learn to forget and forgive and have mercy whatever is bothering them in the relationship with their brothers and sisters and then learn Islam together and hold one hand

h1jabi_sista
11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
as salam alikum,

subhanallah that was very inspiring. jazakallah khair.

inshallah, if allah wills we can do our best. Islam is all about unity, thats what the ummah is missing. We have sooo many fueds and grudges within our tight nit communities we forget we're all brothers and sisters in islam. Pride and arrogance divides us, thats what is sad. We shouldn't be like this.

may allah subhana watha allah unite us and make us patient. May allah grant us success in this world and in the hereafter. ameen

We all belong to allah subhana watha allah and to him we will all return.

Eric H
11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Greetings and peace libyanhero,
format_quote Originally Posted by libyanhero
sure we can bring the ummah back but first muslims gotta learn to forget and forgive and have mercy whatever is bothering them in the relationship with their brothers and sisters and then learn Islam together and hold one hand
I very much agree with your thoughts on unity. first there is the need to forgive others.

I sense we could use a better word than unity, as unity suggests some kind of agreement on doctrine. I feel a greater aim would be to seek friendships with people of other sects and to build community relationships in the town you live.

My thoughts go beyond unity of Islam or Christianity, I would like to see people of all faiths working towards interfaith friendships and community relations.

In the spirit of seeking peace on Earth

Eric

*charisma*
11-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

While i was outside listening to the Friday khutbah from the masjid, the shiekh said something that really hit...

He said, "We all want peace, yet how can there be peace when one cares only for himself than he cares for his neighbor" something like that

he didnt say muslim, or brother, or sister..he said neighbor. Everyone in this world is a neighbor to us...when we cannot care for them or when belittle them, how can we expect peace when we are not working towards it.

We have been given two hands, one to care for ourselves and the other to care for someone else.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Noor
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM

''Lo! Allah changeth not the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts;'' 13:11

This verse is the key to it all.

Lets collectively change the conditions of our hearts so that, InshAllah, the Ummah may become strong again. Oppression, Famine, Illness, Natural Diasters, etc... will be no more, if only our hearts were completely purified. The Muslim foundation is the heart of the believer and if the foundation is weak, how can the Ummah succeed? Guard your Salat, your eeman, and your modesty. Sharpen Your Mind, Soften Your Heart and Strengthen Your Body!

When our youth are unaware of the youth in RasulAllah (saw) time, who are we to blame? It’s unfortunate that in this day and age, the youth are running into malls, movie theatres and are spending loads of money on hair gel and Nike shoes when such examples like Zayd Ibn Thabit are forgotten.

“A youth, not yet thirteen, walked up to the ranks. He was confident and alert. He held a sword which was as long or possibly slightly longer than his own height. He went up to the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, and said: "I dedicate myself to you, Messenger of God. Permit me to be with you and to fight the enemies of God under your banner."

The noble Prophet looked at him with admiration and patted his shoulder with loving tenderness. He commended him for his courage but refused to enlist him because he was still too young.

The youth, Zayd ibn Thabit, turned and walked away, dejected and sad. As he walked, in slow and measured paces, he stuck his sword in the ground as a sign of his disappointment. He was denied the honor of accompanying the Prophet on his first campaign. Behind him was his mother, an-Nawar bint Malik. She felt equally dejected and sad. She had dearly wished to see her young son go with the army of mujahidin and to be with the Prophet at this most critical time.

One year later, as preparations were underway for the second encounter with the Quraysh which took place at Uhud, a group of Muslim teenagers bearing arms of various kinds - swords, spears, bows and arrows and shields - approached the Prophet. They were seeking to be enlisted in any capacity in the Muslim ranks. Some of them, like Rafi ibn Khadij and Samurah ibn Jundub, who were strong and well-built for their age and who demonstrated their ability to wrestle and handle weapons, were granted permission by the Prophet to join the Muslim forces. Others like Abdullah the son of Umar and Zayd ibn Thabit were still considered by the Prophet to be too young and immature to fight. He promised though to consider them for a later campaign. It was only at the Battle of the Ditch when Zayd was about sixteen years old that he was at last allowed to bear arms in defence of the Muslim community.”

Or we able to emulate the spirit of Zayd ibn Thabit? Do we have the guts with no glory? If all of us try even a little to mimic Zayd, the Ummah itself would have been revived years ago!

anis_z24
11-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Salam

The ummah will change Insh'Allah, we all know that.
But the question is to ourselves will we be the ones to help in that change or will Allah bring another people.?

*charisma*
11-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

the ummah will change, although i dont think its going to get better anytime soon. Its actually getting worse..

I dont think that "talking" about it will make the Ummah get better..we need action. We need to do positive things and distroy what is negative.

Right now many care for money....how many people will go crazy if they lost as much as $1000? if someone stole that from them they would go crazy some even cry, but if you had given that money to charity you would have felt better than wondering around wanting to spend it on something we dont need.

Another thing is people eavesdrop, backbite, and pick out imperfections in others... we are not perfect so we need to stop judging others no matter how different they are, if you want to judge someone do it, but keep it to yourself.

If a muslim for example was in their own home drinking alcohol *just saying, inshallah no muslim does that* and we are passing by their house and we see them in the privacy of their own home, we wud go and tell others that so and so is drinking...suddenly the whole neighborhood knows and that is breaking the ummah apart, you have taken a personal thing that someone had in their home and placed it in the street. they have exposed evil to society. when we have our ownselves to be concerned with, why should we concern ourselves with the privacy of others?

Also when we hold grudges...we are only hurting ourselves, how is holding a grudge going to help anyone? its not

We need to support eachother and when disagreements arise we need to solve them in calm matters..if we look back at how the sahabas used to argue we would see that they save their voices for reciting more than they do for yelling....subhanallah.

The Ummah is far from being perfect, or what it should be...only Allah can save us and may He do so..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Noor
11-24-2005, 06:11 PM

One thing I have noticed is that, the Muslims of today are ever so PESSIMISTIC!

Do you know that the Sahaba's were always optimistic in their deen. When approaching battles, they had faith in Allah, never were they cynical. When internal fitnah become rampant, never did they lose faith in Allah.

Allah knows best.

It’s best if we say not a word of negativity concerning the future of the Ummah. Rather, let us be hopeful, making collective prayer for the restoration of the Ummah. If Allah wills, tomorrow we can have an Ummah that prevails.

karim
11-24-2005, 06:35 PM

I agree with sister Noor:happy:

Halima
11-24-2005, 07:45 PM

I must agree and thank you brother Ahkee for posting up that article. This is a real thing to think over about. The way how muslims are today..can we really be united? Without all of the violence and car bombings that are occuring? Can the muslim ummah succeed if we don't turn the cheek?

safwana
11-24-2005, 08:02 PM

we will all reunite 1 day wen every1 starts following allahs commands. start following the sunnah of the prophet (saw),and losing the love of this world nd start 2 prepare 4 the hearafter.

narrator hadrat abu hurarah says that the prophet (saw) said:

The world is a prison for the belivers and paradise for the non-beliver.

(muslim)

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Seeing as these two threads were very closely related, they have been merged.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Hey guys your can share you views on the problems in the ummah here and any solutions.

x Maz x
04-18-2006, 04:21 PM
The Ummah currently is a rut...there are so many divisions within our Islamic society it makes me want to cry...

I am quite aware of the situation regarding Terrorism and i kno that the media and Uk/Us leaders are very biased however why is Islam being portrayed in such a manner? do we even ask ourselves that?...Okey fair enough the situation with the cartoons depicting the Prophet were a low-graded henious vile act carried out a being..but how did the Muslims react? were they Islamic ettiquetes?? burning down the Danish embassy, burning stores in several countries those whom sell Danish products etc would the Prophet have done that?...do people not understand that when defending the Prophet you MUST implement his words and actions given in hadeeth etc?...

It was only a little while ago i was reading in the papers about people who ran in the streets of Pakistan (currently a LEDC) and burned down shops that sold Danish proudcts but do they not understand that the people running them shops are MUSLIM? and it is MUSLIM'S livings that are being destroyed??!...what did they do do deserve that??...it angers me that such incidents occur :(...Yes its not fair that these charicitures were produced then published and neither about the horrendous toture happening currently to our own Muslim brothers and sisters in these prisons (Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, Belmarsh etc) but we MUST unite and tackle such situations in an Islamic manner and remember the Prophet's saying and actions...verily he was the best of creation ...Attend protests but in a peaceful manner inshAllah...i have read in hadith that The Prophet (Pbuh) said that a time shall arise when holding onto your religion will be like holding onto hot coal :( May Allah guide us all...

Moreover i think another problem is our communties and the leaders....basic Islamic knowledge like the celebrating of birthdays being prohibited classified as an act of biddah is not widespread :(...i am aware that each madhab has different opnions concerning such topics but we must look into hadeeth and the Prophet's example...we cant just read one dhaeef hadith and jus make our decions based on that inshAllah...

Youth problems are on a rise....the amount of youth that are returning to the West's yobbish manners is both scary and saddening...these generation are our future and if they go and carry out stupid acts forgetting Islam then what are we left with?...I think there should be youth clubs set up teaching them about Islam and give them dawah to being them closer to the religion inshAllah...

Well thats me dont for now...WalaykumAsalaam x :)

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Salaam

Thanks for the contribution sis, I agree I too was shocked at the behaviour of some muslims concerning the Danish Cartoons, I'm still wondering where is the same passion about Palistine chechnya ect.

x Maz x
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
:) WalaykumAsalaam May you be in the highest level of health and Imaan...the stuff going on in Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq etc is horrific but make supplications for them brothers and sisters May Allah bless their souls and give them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
:) WalaykumAsalaam May you be in the highest level of health and Imaan...the stuff going on in Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq etc is horrific but make supplications for them brothers and sisters May Allah bless their souls and give them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x
Salaam

I do, but it's a shame the ummah should be ashamed we've got billions of muslims yet we can't even defend muslim land.

NJUSA
04-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I think it's a shame that despite the Qur'an's messages about universal human equality and dignity, Muslims still mistreat one another, and our brothers and sisters in humanity. Wars take a lot to pull together, but it's not that hard to be kind to our families, our neighbors, and ones in our employ.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NJUSA
I think it's a shame that despite the Qur'an's messages about universal human equality and dignity, Muslims still mistreat one another, and our brothers and sisters in humanity. Wars take a lot to pull together, but it's not that hard to be kind to our families, our neighbors, and ones in our employ.
Salaam

True, we need a strong muslim leaders who won't back down to the kufar, muslims need to come back to the quran and the sunna.

x Maz x
04-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes now its a matter of stating a solution inshAllah...we must unite our Ummah regardless of what methods are used (obviously peaceful ISLAMIC) ...May Allah bless the beleiveing Muslims and keep them striving in His cause WalaykumAsalaam x

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes now its a matter of stating a solution inshAllah...we must unite our Ummah regardless of what methods are used (obviously peaceful ISLAMIC) ...May Allah bless the beleiveing Muslims and keep them striving in His cause WalaykumAsalaam x
Salaam

Simple we need muslim leaders who fear allah who have been selected by the ummah, we need to unite the sunni and shia population and make it clear to the kufar that the ummah is back.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Simple we need muslim leaders who fear allah who have been selected by the ummah, we need to unite the sunni and shia population and make it clear to the kufar that the ummah is back.
how do we guys those who Allah has allowed to be misguided?

bro where u from? You wanna start talks and stuff? mayb form a group and giv dawa etc?

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
how do we guys those who Allah has allowed to be misguided?

bro where u from? You wanna start talks and stuff? mayb form a group and giv dawa etc?

Salaam

UK Bro, This is gonna take serious effort And I think the one's to pull it off are the scholars someone needs to get in contact with them

x Maz x
04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Verily Allah guide whom He wills and lets lead astray whom He wills...i pray and make supplication that our Ummah will unite once more :) WalaykumAsalaam...Love you all for the sake of Allah x

freeze
04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
There are too many problems within the Islamic community and it is impossible to fix it.
Nothing is going to unite this ummah until the Mahdi comes, which is real soon inshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Salaam

UK Bro, This is gonna take serious effort And I think the one's to pull it off are the scholars someone needs to get in contact with them
Do you personally know any? if not i can talk to a few friends see what i can do?

PS: where in UK, m from London here

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Do you personally know any? if not i can talk to a few friends see what i can do?

PS: where in UK, m from London here

Liverpool, I don't know any personally we need key figures which everyone recognises cause they have authority in the ummah.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM

Liverpool, I don't know any personally we need key figures which everyone recognises cause they have authority in the ummah.
akhee no1 has enuff authority in the ummah. If we wanna do somethin its gotta be from scratch! In other words, we gotta get some1 really pure and trustworthy who's worthy of the authority and help build him up.

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 09:30 PM

I see your point, we need support from imams, scholars and funding to even think of making a diffrence, but mostly we need allah so I say inshallah the ummah will rise.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 09:35 PM

I see your point, we need support from imams, scholars and funding to even think of making a diffrence, but mostly we need allah so I say inshallah the ummah will rise.
ye anything can happen with Allah's will. I dont think gathering 500 people will b enuff, it will simply get bush to bomb up us or break open a war or sumthin. I dunno, but still with Allahs help nethin is possible. How can 500 muslims wiv no artillery stand up against bombs and missiles?

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 09:39 PM
ye anything can happen with Allah's will. I dont think gathering 500 people will b enuff, it will simply get bush to bomb up us or break open a war or sumthin. I dunno, but still with Allahs help nethin is possible. How can 500 muslims wiv no artillery stand up against bombs and missiles?
Salaam

Remember the story of Moses:wub: and the pharoah:rant: look what happend there they had all the power, remember this inshallah if you become a mujahid.

sadieadel
04-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Salaam

True, we need a strong muslim leaders who won't back down to the kufar, muslims need to come back to the quran and the sunna.
I don't see the issue being us against the "kufar". Instead, I see the need to recognize that the issue lies in tensions amongst the various nations. We need to remember that muslims exist in various nations, even those not guided by Islamic law.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Salaam

Remember the story of Moses:wub: and the pharoah:rant: look what happend there they had all the power, remember this inshallah if you become a mujahid.
moses was an exceptional leader, where we gnna get such a leader from?

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
moses was an exceptional leader, where we gnna get such a leader from?
Salaam

Allah knows best. But I'm sure theres people out there, we need someone with love for his follow muslims and knowladge of the deen.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Salaam

Allah knows best. But I'm sure theres people out there, we need someone with love for his follow muslims and knowladge of the deen.
if u eva find such a person let me kno inshaAllah. I'll b happy to help however i can!

Ghazi
04-18-2006, 10:07 PM
if u eva find such a person let me kno inshaAllah. I'll b happy to help however i can!
Salaam

Inshallah bro.

NJUSA
04-19-2006, 12:52 AM
I'd say another major problem that we have is that the cultivation of beauty has gone into decline. The traditional arts and crafts in Muslim lands are endangered, and are primarily patronized by non-Muslims. Where Muslims have migrated and more ethnic groups have adopted Islam, new art forms and innovations in traditional art forms have been lacking. Art conveys humanity, and in a world where many are unable to see the humanity in their neighbors, art is sorely needed.

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:08 AM
Salaam

Inshallah bro.
Inshallah

dishdash
04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Bismillahi rahman i rahim

Brothers, with all due respect, you are looking at the problem in the wrong way. Though may God reward your enthusiasm and your passion.

Leaders, as your discussions are starting to conclude, do not just appear. They cannot just be declared. You will not find the role on Jobsearch.com.

They are crafted. There are some notables even in the UK who I would stand shoulder to shoulder with were they to ask. But no-one of the calibre you talk about. And why?

Because it is WE who hold the key to that. Don't go looking to change the world until you can change yourself. Until you can honestly say that you are living the deen of Allah swt. Combatting the diseases of the heart, and there are many. Conquering the nafs.

We each need to be following the example of the Prophet pbuh - not just reading and forgetting, but living and breathing.

Bukhari
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 111:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

While I was going along with Allah's Apostle who was wearing a Najrani Burd (sheet) with a thick border, a bedouin overtook the Prophet and pulled his Rida' (sheet) forcibly. I looked at the side of the shoulder of the Prophet and noticed that the edge of the Rida' had left a mark on it because of the violence of his pull. The bedouin said, "O Muhammad! Order for me some of Allah's property which you have." The Prophet turned towards him, (smiled) and ordered that he be given something.

The state of the umah will only improve once we realise that it is we who are the problem, not the non-Moslem. We who are the holders of the legacy of the Moghuls, the Ottomans and the Caliphs themselves subhanallah.

We have no more or no less guidance than they did.

The problem is, we tend to expect the state of the umah to improve in months or even years. Realistically, we can be in a far improved state in a few generations if we work hard and sacrifice our worldy desire and follow the deen of Allah swt and His Messenger. Out antecedents hold the key to the future if we but give them the chance.

x Maz x
04-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Because it is WE who hold the key to that. Don't go looking to change the world until you can change yourself. Until you can honestly say that you are living the deen of Allah swt. Combatting the diseases of the heart, and there are many. Conquering the nafs.

We each need to be following the example of the Prophet pbuh - not just reading and forgetting, but living and breathing.

Brother aggreed to the extent...learning about deen should be based on haaq, purley what the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) states...therfore 'practice what you preace'...when there are soo many divions within are society and each person having a different view to the next it becomes hard to unite as one Ummah...
I mean for example look at the minor acts implemented by the Muslims; biddha (celebration of Prophet's birthday)...this is bound to cause a rift between our Muslim communities ( it does in my area as one mosque claims they are right n via versa) as one claims it is right and other claims it is false...
We MUST attain knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah and look at how we can improve our selves...take basic steps inshAllah and then the big ones...its easier said then done but inshAllah we shall all be on the striaght path..
"The Spirital warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol for each person is his ego"
WalaykumAsalaam x

Inshallah
04-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Obey allah and follow his commands, easier said than done though.

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
<sigh> It is the ummah that give the ummah a bad name. And ummah who constantly refer to non-Moslems as Kufar especially.

You truly are a clown and yet I find little to laugh about.

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Brother aggreed to the extent...learning about deen should be based on haaq, purley what the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) states...therfore 'practice what you preace'...when there are soo many divions within are society and each person having a different view to the next it becomes hard to unite as one Ummah...
I mean for example look at the minor acts implemented by the Muslims; biddha (celebration of Prophet's birthday)...this is bound to cause a rift between our Muslim communities ( it does in my area as one mosque claims they are right n via versa) as one claims it is right and other claims it is false...
We MUST attain knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah and look at how we can improve our selves...take basic steps inshAllah and then the big ones...its easier said then done but inshAllah we shall all be on the striaght path..
"The Spirital warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol for each person is his ego"
WalaykumAsalaam x
And yet....

This desire to 'unite' stems from what I wonder? Is it our need for greater collective bargaining power for cheaper toiletries? A realisation of potential economies of scale on stationery products?

What does united really mean anyway? Does it mean that we can accept the differences in interpretation that other groups claiming to be Moslem practise? (such as the Prophet's birthday) Or does it mean we eradicate these so that we all do exactly the same thing? Bida is such a commonly used word today - it is thrown about by so many....

You do hit the nail on the head with the self improvement part though.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
If we go back to Islam, the way it was practiced by rasul-Allah (SAW) then Allah Ta'ala would make us successors of the Earth, and we would be successful in this life and the NEXT. May Allah restore the Ummah to its' glory!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
<sigh> It is the ummah that give the ummah a bad name. And ummah who constantly refer to non-Moslems as Kufar especially.

You truly are a clown and yet I find little to laugh about.
Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed or something?
I wonder if you know what Al Walaau wal Baraa is. That is no way to speak to your brothers and sisters.

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
Obey allah and follow his commands, easier said than done though.
Our deen is not a hard religion. What do you find you are having trouble with?

dishdash
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed or something?
I wonder if you know what Al Walaau wal Baraa is. That is no way to speak to your brothers and sisters.
Hehe! Critique my content sister not the delivery!

(come on, you're a graduate now!)

Al Walaau wal Barah - yes - I have all their records...

x Maz x
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
"This desire to 'unite' stems from what I wonder? Is it our need for greater collective bargaining power for cheaper toiletries? A realisation of potential economies of scale on stationery products?

What does united really mean anyway? Does it mean that we can accept the differences in interpretation that other groups claiming to be Moslem practise? (such as the Prophet's birthday) Or does it mean we eradicate these so that we all do exactly the same thing? Bida is such a commonly used word today - it is thrown about by so many...."

The Danger of Bid’ah (Innovation) -

Shaad Ahmed

Bid’ah is taken from the word Al-Bada’ meaning to create something without precedence. One needs to distinguish between the two kinds of bid’ah. The first type is innovation in matters of the world in technology, medicine, computers, etc. This is allowed because it involves matters of life. The second kind of bid’ah is innovation in matters of religion, and this is the bid’ah which this article is focusing on.

‘Aisha(R) reported Muhammad(S) said: "Whoever innovates into this affair of ours something that we have not commanded it is to be rejected" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Jaabir (R) narrated Muhammad(S) said, "To proceed: The best speech is the Book of Allah and the best guidance and example is that of Muhammad, and the worse of all things are the newly invented things (in the religion), for every innovation is a error and a misguidance." (Muslim) "…Every innovation is a going astray and every going astray is in the fire." (Tirmidhi)

This shows us there are no acceptable innovations in Islam. People often point to the statement of Umar (R) when talking about the tarawih prayer in Ramadan, "What a good bid’ah this is." We can see Umar (R) simply revived the praying of tarawih and it was not something which he did which was not done by Muhammad (S). We can not do something in Islam which was not done by Muhammad (S) and the Sahaba (companions of Prophet Muhammad (S)).

Allah says (what means):

"This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion" (Al-Maidah 5: 3)

Our religion is already perfect, so doing some deed which is not found in the Qur’an and Sunnah, one seems to think they have come up with a better version of Islam than Allah revealed did. May Allah keep us away from doing such deeds. For Allah tells us about doing something other than the way Muhammad (S) did:

"And let those who oppose the Messenger’s way beware, lest some conflict befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them." (Al-Noor 24:62)

Allah has warned us by telling us what happened to the people of the Book.

"Say, O people of the Book exceed not the bounds in your religion, trespassing beyond the truth. Nor follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, who mislead many and strayed from the even way. Curses were pronounced on those among the children of Israel who were disbelievers, by the tongue of David and of Jesus son of Mary, because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses." (Al-Maidah 5:77-78)

We can also see another consequence of falling into bid’ah by the following hadith, Muhammad (S) said, "Verily I shall proceed you to the Fountain (Al-Kawthar). Whosoever will pass by me shall drink (from it) and never get thirsty. People whom I know and who will know me will certainly come to me for drink but there will be a barrier between them and me. Then I will say, "Verily they are of me.’ It will be said, ‘You certainly do not know what bid’ah (innovation) they made after you.’ Then I shall say, "Be off those who made bid’ah after me.’ (Bukhari and Muslim)

Abdullah Ibn Masood narrated, "The Messenger of Allah (S) drew a line for us and then said, ‘This is Allah’s Straight Path.’ Then he drew lines to its right and left, then he said, ‘These are paths, upon every one of them there is a devil calling towards it.’ (Ahmad)

Then he (Muhammad (S)) recited (from the Qur’an (what means)):

"Verily this is My Straight path, so follow it and follow not (other) paths, they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may become pious." (Al-Anam 6:153)

We have been warned that our Muslim Ummah would be split as Prophet Muhammad (S) said:

"Those evils that befell the children of Israel shall befall my Ummah, so much that if there was one amongst them that openly committed fornication with his mother there would be one among my Ummah who would do that too. And the children of Israel split into seventy-two sects and my Ummah shall split into seventy-three sects all of them in the fire except one group." The Sahaba asked, ‘Which one is that O Messenger?’ He said, "It is the one to which I and my companions belong." (Tirmidhi)

The Sahaba’s Opinion Concerning Bid’ah

Amr ibn Yahya narrated his father told him, "We used to sit at Abdullah Ibn Masood’s house before Fajr prayer. If he exited we would follow him to the musjid. Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari then came to us and asked us, ‘Did Abu Abur-Rahman (Abdullah Ibn Masood) come out yet?’ We said, ‘No’, so he sat with us till he emerged. We all stood up when he exited. He (Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari) said, ‘O Abu Adur-Rahman, I just saw something which I did not recognize, and I did not see, all thanks to Allah, but good.’ He (Ibn Masood) said, ‘What is it?’ He (Abu Musa) said, ‘If you live you will see it. I saw in the musjid people sitting in circles waiting for the prayer. In each circle there is a leader, and they have stones in their hands. He (the leader) would say, ‘Say Takbir (Allahu Akbar) 100 times’, so they say Takbir 100 times. He (the leader) would then say, ‘Say Tahil (La Ilaha Illa Allah) 100 times’, so they say Tahil 100 times. He (the leader) would then say, ‘Say Tasbih (Subhana Allah) 100 times’, so they say Tasbih 100 times. Ibn Masood said, ‘Did you not order them to count their evil deeds, and guarantee them that none of their good deeds will be lost?’ Then he and us left till we reached one of the circles. Then he (Ibn Masood) stood next to the circle and said, ‘What are you doing?’ They said, ‘O Abu Abdur-Rahamn, (these are) stones that we count our Takbir, Tahil, tasbih, and Tah’mid (Alhumdu’lillah).’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Count your evil deeds, for I guarantee that none of your good deeds will be lost. What is the matter with you, O nation of Muhammad? How soon you come to your destruction! The companions (of Muhammad) are still many, these are his clothes still not worn out and his cookware did not break yet. By whom my soul is in His Hands, you are either following a religion better than Muhammad’s or followers of a way of evil.’ They said, ‘By Allah, O Abu Abdur-Rahman, we sought only what is good.’ Ibn Masood said, ‘Many people seek good, but they do not reach it. The Messenger told us some people who read the Qur’an will not have the Qur’an leave their throats (to their hearts). By Allah I do not know if most of you are from them.’ Then he left them. Amr Ibn Salamah said, ‘We saw most of those people fighting against us, in the battle of Nahrawan with the Khawarij.’" (Tirmidhi)

Once a man sneezed in the presence of Ibn Umar and said, "Praise be to Allah and peace be upon the Messenger.’ Ibn Umar chastised the man and said, "The Prophet has only taught us to say Alhumdu’lillah." (Tirmidhi)

Importance of Knowledge to avoid falling into Bid’ah

Knowing what is in the Qur’an and Sunnah helps us from falling into bid’ah. Muhammad (S) warned us about what will happen when we do not have knowledge. He (S) said, "Allah does not erase knowledge by erasing the knowledge from slaves. Rather He erases knowledge through the death of scholars. When He leaves (the earth) without scholars, people will take the ignorant as leaders. They will be asked and then give religious rulings without knowledge. Then they will be led, and will lead (others) astray." (Ahmad)

Allah warns us about blindly following somebody.

"When it is said to them, ‘Follow what Allah has sent down.’ They say, ‘No! We shall follow what we found our fathers following. What! Even though their fathers were void of knowledge and guidance?’ (Al-Baqarah 2:170)

Allah also says (what means):

"If you were to follow most of them on earth they will lead you away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture, they do nothing but lie." (Al-Anam 6:116)

So whenever we do an act pertaining to Islam, we should know why we are doing that act. We should know the proofs from the Qur’an and the Sunnah to save ourselves and to better educate people.

We might find people opposing us if we turn away from customary acts and other deeds (such as Mawlid (Milad), having 786 as Bismilllah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem, saying one’s intention out loud before prayer, etc.) which people have incorporated with Islam, but we know Muhammad (S) said the following: "Islam started as something strange, and it would go back to being strange, so good tidings for the strangers." (Muslim) and in another narration, "So give glad tidings to the strangers, those who put right what the people have corrupted of my Sunnah." (Tirmidhi)

Regarding Uniting Ummah:
Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (Pbuh) said: "Whoever departs from the united body [of the Muslim Ummah] - even a hand's leangth-has indeed removed the rope of Islam from his neck" [Realted by Abu Dawud and Ahmed]

The more inconsiderate of us try to divide the Muslim Ummah over such minor issues such as the sighting ot the moon on Eid etc..we should try our best to maintain the unity of the Ummah and the peace in our communities ...

Umar bin Khattab reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said: "Allah will not allow my followers to aggree on a matter involving error. and [remember] that the hand [and mercy] of Allah is with the united body. Whoever seperates himself from it will be separated [from the Muslim Ummah and] enter Hell" [Related by at-Tirmidhi]

SirZubair
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Our deen is not a hard religion. What do you find you are having trouble with?
Ditto.

(damn..im agreeing with DD for once...shoot me ! ;D )

You people REALLY want to know how to reunite this Ummah?

Are you seriously keen to make an effort?

Or is this another case of Lip-service?

If you are serious about it,then i suggest you CLICK HERE,Listen to that lecture by Shaykh Hamza & Shaykh Ya'qoubi (Advice to The Seekers).

..ofcourse listening to the lecture wont bring peace to the world !

Listen to it,spread the message,and MAKE THE EFFORT. That is the biggest problem with this Ummah,LIP SERVICE. "i would like to see this and this and this and this happen.." and at the end of the day,we sit infront of the telly and curse america,curse israel,curse coke,curse mcdonalds! :rollseyes

Its time to get real people,if you want to reunite this ummah,go outside and make an effort.Next time you go to the mosque,dont sit in your Pakistani groups,your Indian groups,your Arab groups,..MIX around,Treat each and every brother and sister with respect,not just the ones from 'my community',because it is 'my community' that divides THE UMMAH.

And please,stop all this 'shia' 'salafi/wahabi' (yes DD,..i said stop it.. :P ) 'sufi' bashing. What is the point?
Let allah s.w.t be the judge.We are put in this world to win the pleasure of our Lord through our ACTIONS,through our GOOD DEEDS,not by attacking each other because one persons views conflicts with yours. Seriously,buy some bricks,build a bridge,and get over it.!.!

...Ahhh...i think i better go cool down... :X

Wa'salaam.

-Zubair

dishdash
04-26-2006, 06:46 AM
SZ - well said for a Fijian Indian. You sub-continentals are occasionally useful it would seem... :p

Brother, I couldn't agree more (with the exception of the bit about Sssalafi's and the Wasabi's - students and IT helpdesk operators with bad attitudes - sociopaths one and all)

Unity will only come if you emrace the deen of Allah swt unilaterally.

SZ - you have that way of putting me back in my box and I thank you sincerely for that akhi. I will continue to learn from you bro insh'Allah.

dishdash
04-26-2006, 06:51 AM
So let us stop marrying cousins. It's allowed but for the love of God, look outside the family, the village and insh'Allah your race.

This umah can be united by love - what a cliche - I almost made myself vomit. But it's true - I want to see Morroccans marrying INdonesians, tatars marrying Nigerians, Fijian Indians marrying Lebs, Pakis marrying absolutely anyone but other Pakis, and French people being castrated and taken out of the gene pool altogether.

I have a dream.

SirZubair
04-26-2006, 06:57 AM
So let us stop marrying cousins. It's allowed but for the love of God, look outside the family, the village and insh'Allah your race.

This umah can be united by love - what a cliche - I almost made myself vomit. But it's true - I want to see Morroccans marrying INdonesians, tatars marrying Nigerians, Fijian Indians marrying Lebs, Pakis marrying absolutely anyone but other Pakis, and French people being castrated and taken out of the gene pool altogether.

I have a dream.
...im a fijian indian and was about to marry a pommy indian about 3 years ago.. ;D
...and hey,guess what...shes my cousin :okay:

lol,allhumdulilah,things didnt work out. :rollseyes

NahidSarvy
04-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Oy, breeding our way to a happy new world! w00t!

x Maz x
04-26-2006, 03:22 PM

This umah can be united by love - what a cliche - I almost made myself vomit. But it's true - I want to see Morroccans marrying INdonesians, tatars marrying Nigerians, Fijian Indians marrying Lebs, Pakis marrying absolutely anyone but other Pakis, and French people being castrated and taken out of the gene pool altogether

Why are you promoting these kind of thoughts? i mean you cant make haram what Allah has made halal...it is permissable...if poeple want to carry out this then so be it..."So let us stop marrying cousins" yeesh akhi c'mon you cant spread this message...if poeple wish to do so then let them...how is this going to help the factor of uniting???...Elaborate...WalaykumAsalaam x

NahidSarvy
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Why are you promoting these kind of thoughts? i mean you cant make haram what Allah has made halal...it is permissable...if poeple want to carry out this then so be it..."So let us stop marrying cousins" yeesh akhi c'mon you cant spread this message...if poeple wish to do so then let them...how is this going to help the factor of uniting???...Elaborate...WalaykumAsalaam x
Blood makes the best ties, x Max x. To eliminate strife, let us reach outside of our little neighbourhoods to find diversity and grow families strong because of it.

Also, it prevents genetic diseases caused by inbreeding. ;-)
Peace,
Nahid

dishdash
04-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Something tells me you are married to your cousin, are betrothed to your cousin, or fancy the pants off your cousin... And you are almost certainly a Paki or an Ayrab, right?!

Daily Times - Site Edition

Interesting. Regardless of health impacts, I'm not arguing that it is haram - but it is in no way strengthening our bonds of brotherhood.

So how many of the Prophet's wives were his first cousins?

extinction
04-27-2006, 01:01 AM
hey hey doesnt ummah in general include the non-muslims also???

Shukria
04-27-2006, 01:03 AM
nah, I don't fink so..thought it woz just Muslims...Not sure...

dishdash
04-27-2006, 01:06 AM
If you are referring to the intentions behind the initial post (and to keep this thread from being derailed) I believe it was referring to the Muslim ummah.

Joe98
04-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Two men are brothers and 2 women are sisters.

The 2 men are 1st cousins of the 2 sisters.

The 2 men marry the 2 sisters.

Each couple have children.

The children are first cousins of each other.

The children marry.

This is inbreeding.

My wife spent 2 years as a nurse in Saudi Arabia.

She says Saudi has the highest incidence of deformities due to inbreeding in the world.

-

Shukria
04-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Is it..Neva knew dat..Then how bout Adam and Eve's kids...

dishdash
04-27-2006, 02:01 AM
THe fact of the matter is it IS allowed but is not meant to be taken as the standard.

ZANYAB BINT JAHSH is the only cousin of the wives of the Rasool. 1 out of 12 - and even that was because she was a divorcee of a match he made that went wrong.

What the Prophet DID do was strengthen alliances outside of his immediate tribes through marriage. And therein lies the same example for us today.

Allah hafiz

Joe98
04-27-2006, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
.....Then how bout Adam and Eve's kids...
Adam and Eve are a myth invented to explain something that could not be understood by peoples in ancient times.

dishdash
04-27-2006, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Adam and Eve are a myth invented to explain something that could not be understood by peoples in ancient times.
In your humble opinion... In ours they were very much real.

Tut tut... you are not going to get very far in discussions when you post 'facts' that go against the foundations of our religion. I can't wait to see you on other forums. 'Buddha was clearly too fat to walk so must therefore be an allegory'... Dude - just append 'in my opinion' and we should get along just fine.

extinction
04-27-2006, 04:10 AM
In your humble opinion... In ours they were very much real.
In one word ...bravo!! yes in ours they are very much real.

E'jaazi
04-27-2006, 04:31 AM
1) Muslims do not follow the Sunnah

2) Follow the Sunnah as instructed by the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam)

3) I follow the Sunnah & advise other Muslims to do likewise. In reality, it's just that simple.

dishdash
04-27-2006, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackjubba
1) Muslims do not follow the Sunnah

2) Follow the Sunnah as instructed by the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam)

3) I follow the Sunnah & advise other Muslims to do likewise. In reality, it's just that simple.
And that is it? There was a rather important book too... um - the Qu... Qur... the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... yes, that's the one...

Jubba - your simplistic post is, mash'Allah, correct. In itself. But it is like you are saying - you want to get to the next town, you need a car - simple as that. THat is true. But... You need to tell us how to put petrol in that car. Which roads to follow. Indeed, where to get a car from and what sort to get. Some of us don't even know what a car is. Some of us are pretty sure the Prophet said an arc, not a car. etc etc...

You see, you are not telling us anything we don't know - no-one believes that the umah are following the sunnah in the way that they were intended to. We need to discover strategies for getting us to a point where we are all licensed, insured, full of fuel and have our seatbelts on.

But to stretch the analogy even further, alhamdulilah - we have the very best of guidance systems and naviation once we DO get to that stage.

E'jaazi
04-27-2006, 08:57 AM
DishDash,

I agree. But what I mean is this: When the Companions were told to do something, they simply said, "We hear and we obey." They didn't sit around and use their own intellect to try and justify to what extent they should or should not do something. If something was doubtful, they stayed away from it in order to safegaurd their deen. But today, Muslims have mixed alot of culture and "modern day thinking" in with the deen. WE are the ones that make things complicated. Following the Sunnah is easy. Remember, Allah gave us the PERFECT example.

dishdash
04-27-2006, 09:14 AM
DishDash,

I agree. But what I mean is this: When the Companions were told to do something, they simply said, "We hear and we obey." They didn't sit around and use their own intellect to try and justify to what extent they should or should not do something. If something was doubtful, they stayed away from it in order to safegaurd their deen. But today, Muslims have mixed alot of culture and "modern day thinking" in with the deen. WE are the ones that make things complicated. Following the Sunnah is easy. Remember, Allah gave us the PERFECT example.
Jubbs - when the companions were told to do something, they were being told by the Rasool pbuh. The best of generations had the best of examples. These days (Days of Fitnah if you are a Sha'afi!) we have a number of examples but disgreement on which if any are the best.

You identify the problems we have in the deen today of unqualified people making Ijtihad. We also have others (including many here) pulling ahadith out apparently at random and using them to back up spurious points. We have clowns learning baqarah and thinking that makes them a Shaykh.

Yes we have cultural misappropriation and we have an awful lot of bida too. A degree of cultural difference is not just acceptable it's healthy. But where the deen of Allah swt is compromised or sacraficed on the altar of modernity we must protest with hands, voice and hearts.

But equally, there are aspects of 21st century dunya that are of benefit. That are not just halal but wholesome. And that some elements of our deen *cough*Wafasalabis*cough* and their utter rejection of and denial of anything good in the 21st Century*** is as destructive and poisonous as bida.

And I daresay the intentions with all of these people are good, but...

Following the sunnah IS easy - as long as we are sure that we are following it correctly.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Hehe! Critique my content sister not the delivery!

(come on, you're a graduate now!)

Al Walaau wal Barah - yes - I have all their records...
If i called you a jaahil fool, and then qouted an ayah, would that not just be moronic? How is anyone going to take anyone's advice if we are rude and have no manners. People would convert after coming to see the Prophet (SAW) before even speaking to him, because of his impeccable manners that they witnessed. It's all part of the baggage, you have to have manners whilst giving Da'wah. Anyway this off-topic so please just remember what i've said!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
a reeeeeeaaaaaaally good cure wud b act as tho ALLAH ALONE SEE's you, act as tho nothin matters but what Allah will think!
But i think only the MOST pious can achieve such a feet! (how is that spelt?:?)

A person cannot achieve greatness unless he prays tahajjud accordin to our nabi saws!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 09:30 AM
True say akhee!

dishdash
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
If i called you a jaahil fool, and then qouted an ayah, would that not just be moronic?
Oh Mu' - I would be reduced to tears I'm sure of it...

How is anyone going to take anyone's advice if we are rude and have no manners.
You took my point - and I wasn't very nice to you...

Anyway this off-topic so please just remember what i've said!
Phhh! I'll think about it. What is it with the chicks? Always want to change a man...

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Lol, you're funny, i'll give you that.

SirZubair
04-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Phhh! I'll think about it. What is it with the chicks? Always want to change a man...

..oh,..she forgot to say "Get a haircut!" :okay:

Lol, you're funny, i'll give you that.

...please,dont encourage him :P he needs a good bash..
..wait til i come to Aussie for a visit :P
I've got your cellphone #,..now all i need is an address...hehehehehehehe...i mean,..muhahahahahahaha....

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Something tells me you are married to your cousin, are betrothed to your cousin, or fancy the pants off your cousin... And you are almost certainly a Paki or an Ayrab, right?!

Yes i am 16 years of age...married to my cousin in Pakiland....have 16 kids...i love him to death and was given rishta with him when i was two...Paki families eh? right the future for you :)....WalaykumAsalaam x Oh yeh and imma typical freshy

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Sis i hope you were being sarcastic:eek:.
But what does all this have to do with the state of the ummah?:-\

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 07:03 PM
;)...Leave that for you to guess ukhty...and erm i just responded to the Brothers comments WalaykumAsalaam x

NJUSA
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
DishDash,

Actually, the Prophet's companions and wives did question his orders, when they were not divinely revealed. There are several instances in which the Prophet was redirected by those close to him, which provides an excellent example of what leaders do- they draw from the talents of those who follow them, to everyone's benefit. And that's a fraction of the reason why I love him so.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Actually, the Prophet's companions and wives did question his orders, when they were not divinely revealed.
Never did the companions hesitate to carry out the Prophet's orders. Seeking clarification is a totally different issue. To suggest that Muslims are supposed to subject the Prophet's orders to their own judgement before implementing them is to deny the explicit verses of the Qur'an:

33:36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

24:51. The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allah and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: "We hear and we obey." And such are the prosperous ones.

No doubt the Prophet Muhammad pbuh engaged in Shura (consultation) with his companions even though as a Prophet there was no need for him to do so - and this was to set an example for all Muslims that if the Prophet pbuh consulted and discussed his decisions with others than how can any of us abandon this. But to suggest that the companions only followed the Prophet after his commands had passed through their intellectual filter is completely wrong.

Muslims are to return to Islam as it was revealed by Allah in the Qur'an, explained by the Prophet in the Sunnah, and understood by the early generations of Muslims.

DaSangarTalib
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM
===

E'jaazi
04-28-2006, 06:57 AM
This is the reason why the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) said that the Ummah would split into 73 sects and that the ones who would be sucessful were the ones who did what? Follow what the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam) and his Companions were on (back then). It really is that plain and simple.

I do not do the things I do because I feel like it, think it is right, or sometimes even want to do it (for selfish reasons). I do them because Allah and His Messenger (Alaye Salatu-wa-Sallam) have told me to. Case in point:
1) I wear a beard because I was told to by the Prophet (Alayhe Salatu-wa-Sallam)

2) He also told me to wear my garments above my ankles.

3) I have been ordered to Maintain my wife by providing food, shelter and clothing. No 50-50 like is common amongst the non-Muslims.

I could give hundreds of other examples, but they were just a few. There are only 2 choices you have - either obey Allah and His Messenger (Alayhe Salatu-wa-Sallam) or disobey and suffer the consequences!

mirage41
04-28-2006, 07:00 AM
SOLUTION TO THE UMMAH'S PROBLEM:

A Kemal Ataturk for every single muslim country. Done.

Kemal Atatürk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Kemal Attaturk was the one who destroyed the caliphate, so people like him are going to CAUSE EVEN MORE PROBLEMS for the ummah!

dishdash
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Kemal Attaturk was the one who destroyed the caliphate, so people like him are going to CAUSE EVEN MORE PROBLEMS for the ummah!
I get the impression our little jedi is having a troll-y moment...

Besides Ataturke didn't destroy the Caliphate - the decadent Ottomans who falsely purported to represent Islam destroyed it. Kemal simply kicked a twitching corpse, bloated from the excesses of corruption, decadence and hypocrisy.

Let us not forget, God created Kemal Ataturk and for a very good reason.

We'd like to blame anyone but ourselves as we still do today. The truth is, the finger should be pointed firmly at ourselves for all of our ills. The Ottomans brought about their own ruin.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Haha... i wasn't even alive then, how is it my fault?

dishdash
04-28-2006, 11:15 AM
La 7awlah wala quwatta illabilla...

dishdash
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
By the way - the comment under your avatar is far more appropriate. I approve. Still need to change your signature though.

Umm Yoosuf
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
A reminder to all members please stick to the topic :)

Barakallahu Feekum :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 12:43 PM
La 7awlah wala quwatta illabilla...
I don't think i will ever understand you:-\.
But to respect the mods, let's stick to the topic.
So what do you feel is the solution to the ummah's problems?

NJUSA
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Our problems are far too diverse to warrant a single solution. Certainly, poverty is a large problem that many Muslims suffer. Muslims suffer from a lack of health care, education, and the free exercise of the rights and freedoms needed to live fulfilling lives. The problems that middle class Muslims in the US are very different from problems faced by upper class Muslims in say, Sierra Leone. War has afflicted many of the lands that Muslims hail from, and immigrant Muslims often export tribal, sectarian, or other types of homegrown conflict to their new homelands. In places where the indigenous Muslim population is new, the problems are often those of expression of identity- how to get a mosque built, how to develop indigenous expressions of Islam that are compatible with new peoples and situations. The first step to solving these problems is to realize that they are diverse, and that there is no panacea.

dishdash
04-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Our problems are far too diverse to warrant a single solution. Certainly, poverty is a large problem that many Muslims suffer. Muslims suffer from a lack of health care, education, and the free exercise of the rights and freedoms needed to live fulfilling lives. The problems that middle class Muslims in the US are very different from problems faced by upper class Muslims in say, Sierra Leone. War has afflicted many of the lands that Muslims hail from, and immigrant Muslims often export tribal, sectarian, or other types of homegrown conflict to their new homelands. In places where the indigenous Muslim population is new, the problems are often those of expression of identity- how to get a mosque built, how to develop indigenous expressions of Islam that are compatible with new peoples and situations. The first step to solving these problems is to realize that they are diverse, and that there is no panacea.
On that basis, the state of the religion in Saudi and UAE would be a very healthy one...

And yet...

NJUSA
04-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I did not mean that poverty was the only problem that Muslims suffer, and poverty is a moral issue, but not as completely as you may suggest. Do read my entire post before responding.

E'jaazi
04-29-2006, 10:03 AM
That may be true, but following the Sunnah is still the answer, regardless of where you live. We have been instructed on how to deal with life's situations. Islam is for the whole world, therefore, culture doesn't matter.

NJUSA
04-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Ahem, even the Sunnah will not eliminate poverty- most of the sahaba lived in very poor conditions. Following the Sunnah may not help against an oppressive ruler, if one cannot leave, or participate in an opposition group. The Sunnah would need reinterpretation to adapt to new peoples and situations. The Sunnah is not a panacea.

Ghazi
04-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Salaam

Most muslims these days are all talk we need to put our words into practise.

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 11:12 AM
InshAllah practice what you preach Peace out x

dishdash
04-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I did not mean that poverty was the only problem that Muslims suffer, and poverty is a moral issue, but not as completely as you may suggest. Do read my entire post before responding.
Sorry - I saw you had wrote "where the indigenous population was new", had a laugh, got distracted, tried to read again, but got bored second time round.

Insh'Allah next time I will have more sabr.

You are maybe saying that we all have problems, just different ones? There is a slow hand clap emoticon somewhere but I can't be bothered to find it.

In all seriousness, I actually chose to ignore your ridiculous parting comment in that post about there being no panacea. Jubbs quite correctly pointed out that the sunnah (and the Qur'an) IS that panacea.

But you then post that you don't believe that the sunna is a panacea.... Now, I'm not sure if you are getting panacea mixed up with the word pancake or pancreas (of which the sunnah is neither) but panacea means a remedy for all evils (or disease etc) and that is EXACTLY what the sunnah is.

The sunnah needs re-interpretation according to you!!! Astirghfirullah! Get thee to a scholar quicksmart...

The answers to ALL of our problems lie in the QUr'an and the sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad pbuh. ALL.

Allah hafiz...

Abdullah4ever
04-30-2006, 12:30 PM

-Stop Following The Kufar Ways and trying to copy them
- Stop worrying about small problems
- Attend More Congreational Prayers

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Masha-Allah, some simple and concise advice there akhee.
You know if we all depend on Allah, and return to the deen the way the prophet (SAW) and the sahaba (RA) practiced it, then we would be so successful! BUT WE JUST TOO THICK TO REALISE THAT!
And of course there will have to be alot of sacrifice!

dishdash
06-30-2006, 07:30 AM
<bump>

Hijrah
06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
The Ummah needs to unite bottom line when it was united islamic civilization was a powerful force and the reason for influence on Western Education and many inventions....

HeiGou
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
The Ummah needs to unite bottom line when it was united islamic civilization was a powerful force and the reason for influence on Western Education and many inventions....
May I suggest to you you have that backwards? Muslims, in my opinion, need to produce many inventinos, influence Western Education, and then be a united Islamic civilisation. There is an "Ali Baba" mentality I noticed in much of the modern world but especially Muslims - there's this idea that you do not need to work for a living but you can find a magic lamp you can rub and then you'll be rich and powerful. Admitedly Saudi Arabia did it with oil, but no one else is likely to soon. Unity is not a magic lamp. Even if it were, it is unlikely to happen, about as unlikely as finding a magic lamp. So the solution is to work to make Muslims admired and worthy. Then unification will come.

Hijrah
07-01-2006, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
May I suggest to you you have that backwards? Muslims, in my opinion, need to produce many inventinos, influence Western Education, and then be a united Islamic civilisation. There is an "Ali Baba" mentality I noticed in much of the modern world but especially Muslims - there's this idea that you do not need to work for a living but you can find a magic lamp you can rub and then you'll be rich and powerful. Admitedly Saudi Arabia did it with oil, but no one else is likely to soon. Unity is not a magic lamp. Even if it were, it is unlikely to happen, about as unlikely as finding a magic lamp. So the solution is to work to make Muslims admired and worthy. Then unification will come.
either way unity is the key...

Woodrow
07-01-2006, 05:54 AM

i wanted to start a really active healthy discussion on an important issue, and to do so i would like to ask whoever reads this, 3 questions :

It is hypocritical to provide a solution which you do not fit into yourself, i will reply soon inshaAllah im kind of writing this quite lazily (because its day) and maybe at night when i am slightly more philosophical i will come back to reply with my answers.
wa Alaikum Salaam

These are strictly my own limited opinions:

A. Lack of education. Although there are many very well educated Muslims, as a group we have a very high rate of illiteracy. A very large number of our brothers and sisters have received very little schooling. Which is sad because so many of the modern sciences were founded by Islamic scholars.

B. We have fallen victem to culturism. Too orften we accept the teachings of our individual cultures over the teachings of the Qur'an. We tend to ignore or shun our brothers and sisters who do not speak the same nor eat the same foods as us.

C. Disparity of wealth. Wealth among the worlds Muslims is very uneven. We have some of the wealthiest Brothers in the world, yet many of our brothers and sisters are living in abject poverty.

A. Each of us must be aware of the Ummah at all times. However we must walk a balance. We must be certain that our awareness is fair and true. We must learn why we as Muslim tend to isolate ourselves from each other, except for times of extreme drama. We need to let our brothers and sisters know we are there even when they do not need our help.

B. We must all act as Muslims even at the times it means to live in peace with those we see as enemies.

C. We must end our tendency to come together only during times of conflict with other people.

D. We are quick to come to arms to aid our brothers and sisters, but we do not seem to be willing to teach them that sometimes the acceptance of peacefull coexistance, is the wiser choice then battle. We have to keep in mind that the killing of innocents is wrong and sometimes our help can be turned into an instruement of destroying non-combatants.

A. That is something I am still learning. What I am trying to do is to be an open friend to those who I know to be Brothers.

B. Hopefully I can let my brothers know I need their help, in learning what my De'en truly is. By opening myself up to their guidance, I hope it will encourage them to guide others.

C. I know I can only reach a limited number of Brothers in my life time. I need to do my best to be certain that is quality time and not wasted on frivilous disputes or false pleasures.

SirZubair
07-01-2006, 05:57 AM
Here we go :

1 ) The ummah has to be willing (when i say willing,i dont mean "yeah ok,..i'll do it..." i mean "YEAH!LETS DO IT!") to make changes.

Once we've completed #1,i will reveal #2.... :rollseyes

dishdash
07-01-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Here we go :

1 ) The ummah has to be willing (when i say willing,i dont mean "yeah ok,..i'll do it..." i mean "YEAH!LETS DO IT!") to make changes.

Once we've completed #1,i will reveal #2.... :rollseyes
OK - well I think I speak on behalf of the umah when I say "yeah - let's do itx99!" So let's hear it wise-guy - what's number 2?!

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Nuh uhhh.... unity in the hearts, then physical unity will come. The salaf as-salif did not need inventions and theorems to unite. What we are lacking is iman, and the initiative.

mano_the_cat
07-01-2006, 04:29 PM
i feel that the biggest problem that the ummah is lack of unity!

solution to it is trying to sort of the differences among the muslim world & face the oppressors with vigour & unity ... stand united whatever may happen!

HeiGou
07-01-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Nuh uhhh.... unity in the hearts, then physical unity will come. The salaf as-salif did not need inventions and theorems to unite. What we are lacking is iman, and the initiative.
Totally with you on that. Complete agreement.

Notice the subtle difference between "unity so that we can be good people" and "being good people so that we can unify". And by "we" I mean "you" of course. Unification by any means first means oppression and war. You can hope that you all will be better Muslims at the end of it, but it is more likely that you will simply be oppressed. Also it is a "waiting for Godot" situation - if you have to wait for a Leader with Perfect Iman, you will be waiting a long time. It really means doing nothing. You have passed the buck to someone else. But being good Muslims first so that all other Muslims will want to join you without being forced to is different. For one thing it means you have to be good Muslims in order to attract other Muslims. You have to go on being good Muslims all the time or the other Muslims will desert you. Above all else it is something you can do now. You do not have to wait for the Mahdi or some lesser but still impressive figure. You can do it yourself. All you have to be is better Muslims and nicer people.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Bingo! I'm with totally with you too. But nobody expects you to be infalliable. I don't expect to become the Caliph (that's not even halal), but I have to set an example to other Muslims. The best kind of Da'wah is self-example.

SirZubair
07-02-2006, 06:47 AM
OK - well I think I speak on behalf of the umah when I say "yeah - let's do itx99!" So let's hear it wise-guy - what's number 2?!
#2) Actions speak louder than words,..DO IT !

;)

seek.learn
07-02-2006, 06:56 AM
All you have to be is better Muslims and nicer people.
Salaam o alaikum,
Peace,

Agree with you a 100%. You and sis Umm Shaheed. Couldn't give a rep so had to acknowledge it.

May Allah guide us all and forgive us. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam,
Peace

Bittersteel
07-02-2006, 07:28 AM
get rid of Christian evangelists.sorry to hell with freedom of expression.No hang on ,I have my freedom to kick out the evangelists out of my country right?

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Allah knows best, but i think one of the big problems is the muslims themselves, what i mean is, most of us are muslim by name but our actions contradict our faith, we're so far from the true worship of Allah, Allah says in the qur`aan "fa laa ya'manu makraAllahi illal gawmul khaasiruun" and none are safe from the plots of Allah except the destroyed nation"
This aayah is 3aam, includes everyone that commits a sin, and does so without fearing Allah, feels safe and comfortable with commiting his/her sins.
Allah also says in the qur`aan "wa la yansuranna Allaha man yansuruh" verily Allah is sure to help those who help him, how do we do this? It`s simple holding on fast to our deen, and the kitaab and sunnah.
Today sadly we just want to be like those without deen and the prophet sallalahu alayhi wassalam has already told us that we would, he said "and if they entered the hole of a lizard, you would enter it"
We need to go back to the qur`aan and sunnah definately, without it we're lost!
another solutions is having love for eachother as muslims and the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa alaa allihi wassalam said, "shall i not tell you something, if you did it, would make you love eachother, the companions said "of course o messenger of Allah" he said "spread the salaam between yourselves."
Allahumma a3izz al islaam wal muslimeen wa adhill alshirka wal mushrikeen!
I can fit into the solution by giving salaams to my fellow muslims, improving my own akhlaaq (manners/ettiquttes) and holding on fast to the kitaab and sunnah, and none can advise his brother to do something without him doing it himself first , so imagine if each one of us did this subhanaAllah and acted upon our knowledge?, "iiinal 3izzata lillahi jamee3an" verily all victory is for Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.