PDA

View Full Version : Religious Tolerance Toward Non-Muslims



scentsofjannah
07-28-2006, 10:11 AM
http://crescentlife.com/islamic%20ri..._tolerance.htm

also read Living in Harmony with Religious Diversity: Islamic Perspective
http://crescentlife.com/spirituality...erspective.htm
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah it's nice to see these things stressed once in a while to, because people seem to be forgetting that things used to be difrent then how they are now.
Like for example only a few people still remember that when the christians reconquered spain, the sultan in Istanbul had synaghoges build and sent ships to spain to rescue the jews who were getting killed there. (And who by the way were persecuted a lot more severly then the muslims, since they had less power to defend themselfs at that time, whereas the muslims in some places were able to make soem compromises in return for surrendering their citys. )

the world of today could learn a lot from the muslim mentallity of those days.
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by steve
Yeah it's nice to see these things stressed once in a while to, because people seem to be forgetting that things used to be difrent then how they are now.
Like for example only a few people still remember that when the christians reconquered spain, the sultan in Istanbul had synaghoges build and sent ships to spain to rescue the jews who were getting killed there. (And who by the way were persecuted a lot more severly then the muslims, since they had less power to defend themselfs at that time, whereas the muslims in some places were able to make soem compromises in return for surrendering their citys. )

the world of today could learn a lot from the muslim mentallity of those days.

very true, i have Spanish family in Spain and they dont believe me when i say this, they culture brainwashes them into thinking Muslims are so bad as well.
Reply

Abdul Fattah
07-28-2006, 09:56 PM
If you want to change that, you should show them these three documentarys:
http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...VBRip.DivX.avi
http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...am.info%5D.avi
http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...am.info%5D.avi

They're from BBC, so people won't have prejudges before looking. and it exposes a lot of the brainwashing and reveals the true history.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Looking4Peace
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by steve
If you want to change that, you should show them these three documentarys:
http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...VBRip.DivX.avi



http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...am.info%5D.avi
http://media.worldofislam.info/Islam...am.info%5D.avi

They're from BBC, so people won't have prejudges before looking. and it exposes a lot of the brainwashing and reveals the true history.

thanks a bunch:)
Reply

SirZubair
07-29-2006, 03:25 AM
What i cannot tolerate is Muslims who walk around with the "holier than thou" attitutde.

Especially when they say things like "Non-muslims have no rights to be alive!"

Ofcourse they do.

Then they say to me "Why are you defending the kaffirs :? Do you want to become one of them :?"

To which i respond "No, i love being a muslim..but truth be said, i would rather be a dead muslim than a proud muslim such as you".

Subhan'allah,..the times we live in.

Show respect to Each and Every person. Not just your fellow muslims.
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
What i cannot tolerate is Muslims who walk around with the "holier than thou" attitutde.

Especially when they say things like "Non-muslims have no rights to be alive!"

Ofcourse they do.

Then they say to me "Why are you defending the kaffirs :? Do you want to become one of them :?"

To which i respond "No, i love being a muslim..but truth be said, i would rather be a dead muslim than a proud muslim such as you".

Subhan'allah,..the times we live in.

Show respect to Each and Every person. Not just your fellow muslims.


your right and unfortunately these people occur in every religion and also in every ethnicity and culture, people always think they are better then someone else and literally think their life is more valuable then someone who is different, this is why the world will never be peaceful enough.:uhwhat
Reply

SirZubair
07-29-2006, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
your right and unfortunately these people occur in every religion and also in every ethnicity and culture, people always think they are better then someone else and literally think their life is more valuable then someone who is different, this is why the world will never be peaceful enough.:uhwhat
Yeah, i realise that sis.

But as Muslims, we are supposed to know better than that.

Kheir, make dua for this misguided ummah.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
08-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
very true, i have Spanish family in Spain and they dont believe me when i say this, they culture brainwashes them into thinking Muslims are so bad as well.
Well it's the intolerance that's portrayed by some muslims that causes people to assume this. Just chekout the 'Sikhism' thread.
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
08-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
What i cannot tolerate is Muslims who walk around with the "holier than thou" attitutde.

Especially when they say things like "Non-muslims have no rights to be alive!"

Ofcourse they do.

Then they say to me "Why are you defending the kaffirs :? Do you want to become one of them :?"

To which i respond "No, i love being a muslim..but truth be said, i would rather be a dead muslim than a proud muslim such as you".

Subhan'allah,..the times we live in.

Show respect to Each and Every person. Not just your fellow muslims.
This is a tolerant muslim that Guru Nanak spoke of - You shall be recieved by Allah!
Reply

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
good and bad everywhere.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 08:02 AM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:32 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!