/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to explain what Israel is doing to an American

Kidman
07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Maybe this might help so you can get a clearer view. I'm going use aliens as an example of the invaders. I posted this in another thread, it's a wrap-up on what is going on in Israel, Palestine, and Lebanon.

Say Aliens come into Canada, take 2/3rds of Canadian land and leave the rest to the Canadians. The Aliens are really strong and have tons of money. They regularly bring Canadian's down by destroying their infastructures, and imprisoning, torturing, killing their people, because they know if the Canadian's get some good power that they would fight for their land back. So the Aliens keep killing and has their state in check basically. Then the Aliens even mess with America, and actually take some of the Northern parts of america (if America was weaker of course)... So in turn a self-made militia group forms in America and fight off the Aliens in their land... but Aliens still get a piece of the land and a every once in a while go into america and fight with the militia group. Time goes on, America watches as the Aliens accross the border keep killing their Canadian brothers, and watch as the Aliens still have over 10,000 Americans and their Canadian brothers in prisons. So the american militia group comes up with a plan to get those soldiers out, by going into the Alien occupied territories of Canada and taking two Alien's hostage in a way to get the Aliens to free the poor prisoners. In turn, the Alien's launch a Hell of a war by bombing America and killing a lot of their Civilians, but say that they are only targeting the Militia group.

As an American what would you do? Would you not root the militia group, who are standing up for the counrty, the people, and their Canadian brothers?

Hmm... i just put yourself in an ordinary Lebanese citizens point of view there...and now you know why we (or most of us i hope) back up Hezbollah.

Kidman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Maybe this might help so you can get a clearer view. I'm going use aliens as an example of the invaders. I posted this in another thread, it's a wrap-up on what is going on in Israel, Palestine, and Lebanon.

Say Aliens come into Canada, take 2/3rds of Canadian land and leave the rest to the Canadians. The Aliens are really strong and have tons of money. They regularly bring Canadian's down by destroying their infastructures, and imprisoning, torturing, killing their people, because they know if the Canadian's get some good power that they would fight for their land back. So the Aliens keep killing and has their state in check basically. Then the Aliens even mess with America, and actually take some of the Northern parts of america (if America was weaker of course)... So in turn a self-made militia group forms in America and fight off the Aliens in their land... but Aliens still get a piece of the land and a every once in a while go into america and fight with the militia group. Time goes on, America watches as the Aliens accross the border keep killing their Canadian brothers, and watch as the Aliens still have over 10,000 Americans and their Canadian brothers in prisons. So the american militia group comes up with a plan to get those soldiers out, by going into the Alien occupied territories of Canada and taking two Alien's hostage in a way to get the Aliens to free the poor prisoners. In turn, the Alien's launch a Hell of a war by bombing America and killing a lot of their Civilians, but say that they are only targeting the Militia group.

As an American what would you do? Would you not root the militia group, who are standing up for the counrty, the people, and their Canadian brothers?

Hmm... i just put yourself in an ordinary Lebanese citizens point of view there...and now you know why we (or most of us i hope) back up Hezbollah.

Kidman
As I mentioned in the first thread you posted this, it sounds like a good Hollywood script. Unfortunately, this analogy doesn't work well. That fails to take into account the efforts for peace, the "alien" children being blown up by nailbombs, etc. The situation is far too complicated for this kind of fantastical analogy.

Kidman
07-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Efforts for peace? Hezbollah wanted a seize-fire from the beginning and wanted to negociate a trade for the soldiers. And children being blown up, why don't you look at what the Israelis have been doing to the Palestinian children for years... and look at the amount of innocent children Hezbollah has killed compared to how many innocent children Israel has killed in the attacks.

It would be cool, if they fought face to face like soldiers should, like Hezbollah is encouraging Israel to do.. instead Israel is flying planes and dropping bombs which Hezbollah can't do much about... and that's why so many innocent Lebanese people are dying...

Kidman

Keltoi
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Efforts for peace? Hezbollah wanted a seize-fire from the beginning and wanted to negociate a trade for the soldiers. And children being blown up, why don't you look at what the Israelis have been doing to the Palestinian children for years... and look at the amount of innocent children Hezbollah has killed compared to how many innocent children Israel has killed in the attacks.

It would be cool, if they fought face to face like soldiers should, like Hezbollah is encouraging Israel to do.. instead Israel is flying planes and dropping bombs which Hezbollah can't do much about... and that's why so many innocent Lebanese people are dying...

Kidman
"Hezbollah wanted a cease-fire from the beginning and wanted to negotiate"...I find this statement, which I've read many times on this forum, to be possibly the silliest defense of Hezbollah I've yet encountered. Let me get this straight...Hezbollah, supposedly with the knowledge of the Lebanese government, crosses the border and kills 8 soldiers and kidnaps 2. Then Hezbollah wants a cease-fire? Yeah, I'm sure they would love to have a cease-fire, unfortunately an act of war is an act of war.
On the issue of who is killing whose children..isn't it enough that both sides are killing children? This tit-for-tat business is one of the primary reasons this conflict is still going on. If Israel kills 40 children and Hezbollah kills 10, is that somehow a moral victory for Hezbollah? C'mon.
Then you want to Israel to "fight fair". This is like the little boy on the playground who gets brave enough to push the big kid, then the big kid picks him up and throws him to the ground, and the little kid says.."Why don't you lose 80 pounds so I can pick you up, fight fair." :heated: ..okay, that is a bad analogy. In any case, Hezbollah brought this upon themselves and unfortunately on the Lebanese people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Hezbollah wanted a seize-fire from the beginning
But only till they wanted to restart agressions.
It would be cool, if they fought face to face like soldiers should, like Hezbollah is encouraging Israel to do.
What? Hezbollah only fights gorilla stile. The stand no chance in a face to face fight.

scentsofjannah
07-28-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
"Hezbollah wanted a cease-fire from the beginning and wanted to negotiate"...I find this statement, which I've read many times on this forum, to be possibly the silliest defense of Hezbollah I've yet encountered. Let me get this straight...Hezbollah, supposedly with the knowledge of the Lebanese government, crosses the border and kills 8 soldiers and kidnaps 2. Then Hezbollah wants a cease-fire? Yeah, I'm sure they would love to have a cease-fire, unfortunately an act of war is an act of war.
On the issue of who is killing whose children..isn't it enough that both sides are killing children? This tit-for-tat business is one of the primary reasons this conflict is still going on. If Israel kills 40 children and Hezbollah kills 10, is that somehow a moral victory for Hezbollah? C'mon.
Then you want to Israel to "fight fair". This is like the little boy on the playground who gets brave enough to push the big kid, then the big kid picks him up and throws him to the ground, and the little kid says.."Why don't you lose 80 pounds so I can pick you up, fight fair." :heated: ..okay, that is a bad analogy. In any case, Hezbollah brought this upon themselves and unfortunately on the Lebanese people.
its never crossed the border its the Israelis who did..in any case that doesnt explain why Israel is raining bombs on lebanon and destroying basic infrastructure.

you're a christian?? i find it hard to believe..maybe you're one those nutters who are rejoicing at all this misery and bloodshed because this would mean you get to have your party in the 'kingdom of God'

scentsofjannah
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
so you better pack all your bags and head off to meet your 'Lord' and 'Saviour' Jesus who seems to be so obssessed with the Jews..(according to your Scriptures)

enjoy your party..taraaaa!

Kidman
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Of course, They didn't plan that Israel was going to go ahead and start bombing the crap out of lebanon and kill so many innocent people. They thought either Israel would come into Lebanon, on ground, and fight Hezbollah until they get their soldiers back, or they would make an exchage.

With the small amount of Children Hezbollah has killed, you can say that these killings were caused accidentally, and not was not part of Hezbollah's intentions. In fact, they try to keep away from killing the innocent people of Israel as much as possible, their Jihad rules are strict, and they must fight "only those who take arms and are fighting them" Killing an innocent person is against Islam, but i guess it's ok for the Zioinist Jews... because with the numbers that they are killing, you can say that they don't care and kill innocent people regardless.

Around 600 Lebanese people died, 32 being the Militia force.
Around 50 Israeli's have died, which around 30 are the Militia force.

Hezbollah are trying to target the militia, and the innocent people that died are cause accidentally and I can almost guarantee that any innocent person that Hezbollah has killed, whether they are jewish, christian, etc... They do Dua (prayer) for their souls. Hezbollah is not just after blood, they believe it is a glory to die in battle and are not afraid of death... they are afraid of Allah's judgement on them... and Allah will ask them if they killed innocent people intentially.

It's more like the little boy is tired of getting pushed around, and ya, pushes the big kid. The only reason the big kid is so tough is because he has weapons that the little boy doesn't have. It's like me going up to you in a fight, and me pulling out a gun, does that take courage or is that something a coward would do?

Kidman

Keltoi
07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
so you better pack all your bags and head off to meet your 'Lord' and 'Saviour' Jesus who seems to be so obssessed with the Jews..(according to your Scriptures)

enjoy your party..taraaaa!
This has nothing to do with my religion, so if you want me to respect your religion and your belief in it, stick to a rational dialogue if you can.

guyabano
07-28-2006, 08:17 PM

Kidman

I miss the part: The US people and Canadians (naturally fictive to your story) cannot bring up really an army, thats why they send out everywhere in the world suicide killers and terrorists to spread fear and pain to innocent people, like blowing up subways, flying jets in sky scrapers, etc.. (list is long)

I really hate this unbalanced posts !

Kidman
07-28-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I miss the part: The US people and Canadians (naturally fictive to your story) cannot bring up really an army, thats why they send out everywhere in the world suicide killers and terrorists to spread fear and pain to innocent people, like blowing up subways, flying jets in sky scrapers, etc.. (list is long)

I really hate this unbalanced posts !
Actually, Hezbollah was one of the first people to come out publically and condemn the 911 attacks and the London Bombings. I cannot say the same about the Palestinian movements, because they are known to carry out some suicide bombings which did kill innocent civilians, but they did that only against Israel and didn't go anywhere abouts the world.

I think you got the Hizbollah and Palestinians mixed up with the Saudi's... Hezbollah never left Lebanon except for going into Israel, which i explained why... and Palestinians (Hamas) only carry their attacks in Israel and Palestine, please give better examples how they spread fear and pain to innocent civilians around the world.

Kidman

wilberhum
07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Palestinians (Hamas) only carry their attacks in Israel and Palestine
Do you forget about the PLO and others? Or do you want to limit to Hamas?

Keltoi
07-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Hezbollah did bomb the Israeli embassy in Argentina.

Kidman
07-28-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Do you forget about the PLO? Or do you want to limit to Hamas?
Go ahead, what have they done outside of Palestina and Israel? I don't know much about the PLO... except that they were run by Yassir Arafat, and they accept Israel's right to exist, even though they have had many conferntations with Israel, but that was mostly before 1980...

Kidman

wilberhum
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Go ahead, what have they done outside of Palestina and Israel? I don't know much about the PLO... except that they were run by Yassir Arafat, and they accept Israel's right to exist, even though they have had many conferntations with Israel, but that was mostly before 1980...

Kidman
This is what I found, but then that was only 5 min of research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLO

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, the second-largest PLO faction after al-Fatah, carried out a number of attacks and plane hijackings mostly directed at Israel, most infamously the Dawson’s Field hijackings, which precipitated the Black September in Jordan crisis.
The Munich massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics was carried out by the Black September group, which was allegedly affiliated with the PLO. This group also hijacked a plane flying from Belgium to Tel Aviv.
In order to settle a wrongful death lawsuit, the PLO has paid an undisclosed sum to the daughters of Leon Klinghoffer, who in 1985 was murdered aboard the cruise ship Achille Laugo during a hijacking by the Palestine Liberation Front.

snakelegs
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM
kidman,
i had actually resolved not to even look at the "world affairs" section today (i am really upset about what is going on) and certainly not to post anything.
but this thread i just can't leave alone. :hiding:
the thing about the israel-palestine conflict is that VIOLENCE IS NOT WORKING,
it has done nothing but bring more suffering to the people, on both sides, though the palestinians have certainly suffered much more than the israelis but this doesn't mean the israelis haven't suffered also.
it hasn't worked and it never will, yet neither side seems to get the message! their only solution is because it isn't working, do more violence. if this was an individual, one could say this is neurotic behaviour.
i think this whole thing is very tragic and it just seems very hopeless to me.
let's see if i can at least keep my mouth shut in this section for the rest of the day.

Kidman
07-31-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
kidman,
i had actually resolved not to even look at the "world affairs" section today (i am really upset about what is going on) and certainly not to post anything.
but this thread i just can't leave alone. :hiding:
the thing about the israel-palestine conflict is that VIOLENCE IS NOT WORKING,
it has done nothing but bring more suffering to the people, on both sides, though the palestinians have certainly suffered much more than the israelis but this doesn't mean the israelis haven't suffered also.
it hasn't worked and it never will, yet neither side seems to get the message! their only solution is because it isn't working, do more violence. if this was an individual, one could say this is neurotic behaviour.
i think this whole thing is very tragic and it just seems very hopeless to me.
let's see if i can at least keep my mouth shut in this section for the rest of the day.
I totally agree, violence is not going to win in this one, unless Israel man's up and goes by ground force, that might do something. Other then that, all they are doing is shooting at "suspected targets"

Hezbollah is not going to go into Israel, Israel is not going to go into Lebanon (on ground), so they have to come up with a solution or they are just going to keep throwing bombs accross the border. Israel can do far more damage, as we have seen, and Hezbollah's Leader, Sayed Hassan keeps urging Israel to come and fight (on ground). Israel keeps bombing from above, the only thing Hezbollah can do to show any type of retaliation is to shoot rockets back into Israel...

Israel bombs at random times, 24 hours of the day. Hezbollah shoots during specific times, and the Israeli's know this so they go into the bunkers during these times which makes their innocent civilian death toll lower. I believe Hezbollah does this on purpose, because every innocent civilian that Hezbollah kills, goes against their record on the day of judgement.. and they believe this entirely.

Here's the article that proves that Hezbollah shoots only specific times:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060731/...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

"Sitting outside public shelter 110, in a tank-top and flip-flops, he smokes a cigarette and glances at his watch. It's almost 4 p.m. "This is their time," he says.
Sure enough, just moments later, there is the familiar whistle followed by a loud explosion nearby. He's already safely in the shelter as another Katyusha rocket slams into his hometown."

So, all Hezbollah is doing is showing that they have the power to keep up and keep fighting, but they really don't want to harm innocent people.. unlike Israel who doesn't give a crap for innocent lives.

If Israel wants their soldiers back, all they have to do is give back the innocent lebanese civilians they took in Lebanon... which was the reason Hezbollah did what they did in the first place, that's all they wanted.... and they wont give back any soldiers until they get their people back... and this will put an end to the fighting, for now.

Kidman

wilberhum
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
If Israel wants their soldiers back, all they have to do is give back the innocent lebanese civilians they took in Lebanon
And then sit back and wait for the next Hezbollah attack.

Hezbollah's goal is not to get back some prisioners, it is to destroy Isreal.

ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Efforts for peace? Hezbollah wanted a seize-fire from the beginning and wanted to negociate a trade for the soldiers.
Kidman
That statement is laughable! Hezbollah wants war and raids Israel when they wish, and then when they get pounded into the ground they want 'peace'....

You win the award for dumbest comment of the day.

darktide79
07-31-2006, 09:35 PM

Kidman

Why are you bothering its so blatent denial they say oh you blow up israli children with nail bombs thats why its ok to bomb lebanon and palastine etc i mean this makes no sense as the numbers of sufffering are by miles greater in palastine and lebanon so how can this justfiy anything!?? 50 die in israel and 400 die in lebanon so!

after seeing such numbers and children suffering from phosphurus burns they still have no sympathy so why bother? they are in denial no matter how much any of us try the hate is way too deep!

wilberhum
07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Why are you bothering its so blatent denial they say oh you blow up israli children with nail bombs thats why its ok to bomb lebanon and palastine
I think it is more like, If you attack me, I will attack you. A real part of the problem is you keep attacking. You attack and kill 10 they retalliate and kill 100. It hapens time and time again. How stupid to think attacking Isreal again will make things beater.
If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got. You just don't ever seam to learn.

Kidman
07-31-2006, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
That statement is laughable! Hezbollah wants war and raids Israel when they wish, and then when they get pounded into the ground they want 'peace'....

You win the award for dumbest comment of the day.
If you do your history you would know it's not a dumb comment. Last time Israel took Lebanese prisoners, Hezbollah did the same thing and they did an exchange just fine. Hezbollah has never attacked Israel without a just reason, always in RE-TALIATION. Do you guys not understand what that means, or are you all going to play ignorant like Israel is the Oppressed one???

Hezbollah is known as a Lebanese RESISTANCE group... not an attacker or aggressor...

Wallah you guys are morons... "when they get pounded into the ground they want 'peace'" haha, that is the dumbest statement ever bro. Israel barely killed any Hezbollah soldiers this whole time they have been bombing... then when they actually come in on ground, they get their butts kicked and that's why they RETREATED back to the border and continue attacking with air raids... they are no match to Hezbollah's force, and will never wipe them out or "pound them to the ground"

Kidman

wilberhum
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Wallah you guys are morons
But not deaf, dumb, and blind. Or so indoctrinated that we can't see both sids of the coin.

Keltoi
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
If you do your history you would know it's not a dumb comment. Last time Israel took Lebanese prisoners, Hezbollah did the same thing and they did an exchange just fine. Hezbollah has never attacked Israel without a just reason, always in RE-TALIATION. Do you guys not understand what that means, or are you all going to play ignorant like Israel is the Oppressed one???

Hezbollah is known as a Lebanese RESISTANCE group... not an attacker or aggressor...

Wallah you guys are morons... "when they get pounded into the ground they want 'peace'" haha, that is the dumbest statement ever bro. Israel barely killed any Hezbollah soldiers this whole time they have been bombing... then when they actually come in on ground, they get their butts kicked and that's why they RETREATED back to the border and continue attacking with air raids... they are no match to Hezbollah's force, and will never wipe them out or "pound them to the ground"

Kidman
Hezbollah was created as a resistance to occupation, not created to steal Israeli soldiers for a "prisoner exchange" whenever it suits them. On the issue of how many are dying...Hezbollah has admitted 30 Hezbollah fighter deaths, which is obviously deflated by some margin, Israel has lost around 20 soldiers, not counting those killed in the "prisoner exchange" raid that killed 8 Israeli soldiers. Nobody is getting their "butt kicked", except civilians on both sides.

Kidman
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Nobody is getting their "butt kicked", except civilians on both sides.
Agreed, what happened to the good'ol days where if you had a war, you would go to a specific battlefield and have the armies do all the fighting???

Kidman

ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Hezbollah was created as a resistance to occupation, not created to steal Israeli soldiers for a "prisoner exchange" whenever it suits them. On the issue of how many are dying...Hezbollah has admitted 30 Hezbollah fighter deaths, which is obviously deflated by some margin, Israel has lost around 20 soldiers, not counting those killed in the "prisoner exchange" raid that killed 8 Israeli soldiers. Nobody is getting their "butt kicked", except civilians on both sides.
As it says in there charter, Hezbollah was not created as a resistance to occupation, but a resistance to Israels existance.

It says in there charter also:

'We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies'

So how is Israel to negotiate a cease fire? When Hezbollah writes in there charter they refuse to negotiate with Israel.

Agreed, what happened to the good'ol days where if you had a war, you would go to a specific battlefield and have the armies do all the fighting???
What happend to that time? Hezbollah decided to use Guerilla warfare, and fire rockets and inncoent and then hide behind womena nd children and let them take the fire.

HeiGou
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
If Israel wants their soldiers back, all they have to do is give back the innocent lebanese civilians they took in Lebanon... which was the reason Hezbollah did what they did in the first place, that's all they wanted.... and they wont give back any soldiers until they get their people back... and this will put an end to the fighting, for now.
For now. But out of curiousity, which Lebanese civilians are being held in Israel?

Of course rewarding crime only makes more crime.

Kidman
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
As it says in there charter, Hezbollah was not created as a resistance to occupation, but a resistance to Israels existance.

It says in there charter also:

'We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies'

So how is Israel to negotiate a cease fire? When Hezbollah writes in there charter they refuse to negotiate with Israel.
They did this same thing before 6 years ago... and the Prisoners were exchanged.

What happend to that time? Hezbollah decided to use Guerilla warfare, and fire rockets and inncoent and then hide behind womena nd children and let them take the fire.
Ya, when you have America supplying them with over 4.5 billion dollars for MILITARY ADVANCES alone. America watches as Israel is killing innocent people, even members of the U.N are under attack, and what do they do?? Supply them with more bombs.

Hiding behind women and Children, ummm... i believe it was Israel that is known for using human shields... when they tied the Palestinian boy to the front of their armored truck!

Kidman

ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 11:09 PM
You obviously haven't read the articles of mass reporters leaving the region saying that hezbollah has fired there rockets in areas with the most civillians... but that info doesn't suit your agenda of destroying jews everywhere so you wont talk about that.

Kidman
07-31-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
For now. But out of curiousity, which Lebanese civilians are being held in Israel?

Of course rewarding crime only makes more crime.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/718887.stm

This was from the last time the same thing happened... I'm tryin to find out about the Prisoners they want this time, i believe Hezbollah wants the release of 3 Lebanese civilians that are imprisoned, and around 10,000 Palestinians that are in the Israeli Prisons to be released.

Kidman

Kidman
07-31-2006, 11:22 PM
You obviously haven't read the articles of mass reporters leaving the region saying that hezbollah has fired there rockets in areas with the most civillians... but that info doesn't suit your agenda of destroying jews everywhere so you wont talk about that.
No, i haven't seen such articles, please provide the refrences...

From my information, they fire their rockets at specific times so the Israeli's can hide out during those times, and the rockets will hit the infastructures so that Israel will have to pay money to get those places fixed. Then, Hezbollah also has rockets that can hit Tel-Aviv... but they know that there are no underground bunkers there for the Israeli's to hide in, so what they did was fire a rocket that came close to Tel-Aviv, but a good distance away from any civilians to show Israel that they have that power if necessary.

Kidman

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.