/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Danes are the happiest, for now

wilberhum
07-28-2006, 10:18 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...EE2749BAFB.htm
Danes came out top in the survey that measured health, wealth, education, sense of identity and the aesthetic quality of the landscape.
The survey, published on Friday by a University of Leicester academic, showed seven of the top ten happiest countries were western democracies, with the Bahamas, Bhutan and Brunei being the exceptions.
The United States was 23rd, Germany came in at number 35, and Britain ranked 41st.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Interesting study. I'm not that surprised that many countries in Africa are the most unhappy. The U.N. and the international community have given billions of dollars in aid to Africa, but sadly the corrupt governments over there aren't using that money for the benefit of their people. A different strategy needs to be implemented in Africa before that region becomes another hotbed of global instability.

Trumble
07-28-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Germany came in at number 35, and Britain ranked 41st.
Doesn't surprise me. One thing Brits and Germans have in common is that neither are really happy unless they are miserable!

wilberhum
07-28-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Doesn't surprise me. One thing Brits and Germans have in common is that neither are really happy unless they are miserable!
35 & 41 is not bad concidering the 100's of countries in the world. Surly in the top quarter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.